October 26, 2014 | 1004 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a bit pricey, but I usually buy it during the Body Shop warehouse sale or when sometimes there are some offers going at 2 for 1 price. Its one of the few essential oils worth stocking up on. I usually dab it over a pimple that has just burst. It helps to reduce the inflammation and has antibacterial properties that stops the infection from spreading to the the skin around the pimple. It reduces to just a small blemish after one day and with continued use, the blemish entirely disappears after 3 to 4 days (if you don't scratch at it :))

EDIT: The same effect can be obtained from any tea tree oil actually. I would recommend larger bottles of pure tea tree oil sold at organic stores. More product for your dollar's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been suffering from cystic acne for the last 3 years, I get 1-2 medium sized cysts at one time. I'm on antibiotics and some medical creams but nothing really worked so far. So now I have one cyst that sits on my cheek and some small insignificant zits. I started using Tea Tree Oil a few days ago.

First of all it immediately dries out small zits. There was a potential cyst on my chin and it has stopped growing, now its slowly disappearing. I never really thought it would have any effect on the cyst on my cheek because it takes months until a cyst fully disappears. But to my GREAT surprise that one is getting smaller too! I can't believe how effective this product is. It is only 15% Tea Tree oil and it comes with some other ingredients such as alcohol and I have no complaints about that, because it works for me. The smell is bad but it goes away in a few minutes and I don't really care, it's saving me from something much worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

I bought this as part of a starter kit. Overall, I like the smell of the tea tree line which has a hint of lime. Smells fresh. In terms of effectiveness, this did the trick for me, and helped heal my zits. It stops the pimple from getting worse, and dries it out in a few days. I've used clindamycin lotion before so I know what works and what doesn't. A bit on the pricey side though, but since it solved the problem, I would consider buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by csiojo

Not only has this cleared my skin as an on the spot treatment, it has saved my Industrial piercing. : )

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dawnong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pretty expensive for sucha small bottle. then again, only need minimal amount each time. still ok. healed my tiny zits in a day. except that the smell is really overwhelming! sometimes the smell stings my eye. But I will buy again for sure! I find that this baby eliminates the blackheads on my nose too!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

a huge disappointment! i didn't see any result... my acne didn't get any better. however, it does feel very nice after applying, very "minty" and a cool, refresh feeling

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Save your money and go to a health food store to buy the real thing, not a mere useless copy of it. I cannot believe the body shop makes people pay the full price of a real bottle of tea tree oil when theirs only contain 15% of it. This product sucks! I have a few different tea tree oil which all have 100% concentration and work wonderfully because of it, and also sometimes cost less than the body shop one. When buying tea tree oil, just make sure the ingredient is 100% tea tree oil, otherwise, it won't work. I use it as a disinfectant for small cuts, and to dry out or to prevent blemishes, and you catch it in time, you will never see that pimple appear.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by nabz

I'm a little on the fence with this product in terms of its efficacy. I do think it has helped heal and 'kill' some of the random zits but on others it has done nothing (I suppose it depends on the type of zit you have, cystic, or comedones etc.)

Apart from that I have to confess I am in looove with the smell of TTO. I might be the only one who absolutely loves the herbal fresh scent since everyone seems to complain about the smell a lot on this site. Sometimes when I'm done dabbing the zit, i dot a drop on my wrist so i get to smell it throughout. ain't that weird? gosh they should make a perfume out of this

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by juujuuandtangguo

....I LOVE this product!!
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first about buying this product, but I finally convinced myself to try it and luckily I did! I have very acne prone skin but after using this for five days or so, most of my pimples were either smaller or even gone! The only problem is that I do use alot of this product and I use about a bottle every two weeks. So that's $9 CAD every two weeks & might be a bit expensive for some. But for me, it's definatley worth it <3

UPDATE: My skin got used to this product so I only use it once everyday now. I alternate between my Clean & Clear Persagel which I use at night and this in the morning. (I took off a lippie for that)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear by it! Tea tree oil is the best for a light break out! To me it doesnt matter what brand it is. Whenever I see a lil spot I just use a cotton ball to apply some oil on the spot (not too much). The next day, its gone without leaving a mark. Although I hate the smell! Too strong IMO.