December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by kaaary

When I first started using this (like the first two times) I was so amazed! Because it really works!! But within the week after, it stopped working. I think I might have used it too much and I have a lot of acne so I put it on my whole face basically and I think it lost its effect cuz I used it too much :(. I don't even feel the tingle anymore unless I use it after I scrub my face. I do recommend this product and after using it for the first few days I was thinking of how I should repurchase it the next time because I got it in the starter kit. But now, I don't think I'll repurchase just because it lost its effect... I think I need something stronger. Then again, I have a lot of acne. For people with mild or mediocre amounts of acne I would totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ItsNayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely natural remedy for treating blemishes. After I cleanse and that, I put a little bit on my skin in trouble areas and it really works! By the next day my blemishes are downsized and on their way to healing. It's super good. I got this in the starter kit (which costed me fifteen bucks in a sale) but according to the sales assistant it costs twenty odd bucks individualy! Rip off! But I totally would repurchase. Anyway, use sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by babyingx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this for my pimples and it works pretty well. My pimples and redness on pimples will reduce after around 2 days.

If i'm not mistaken, my skin type is sensitive with rosacea.. so i tried it on my red cheeks as well.. it does not help :(

Anyway is a great product for pimples and the ingredient doesn't contain any that will irritate skin.. will repurchase if i run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I lOVE this stuff!!! so great for clearing up my blemishes and is really moisturising to my t-zone! Such an excellent product for the price and is a MAJOR staple in my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a bit pricey, but I usually buy it during the Body Shop warehouse sale or when sometimes there are some offers going at 2 for 1 price. Its one of the few essential oils worth stocking up on. I usually dab it over a pimple that has just burst. It helps to reduce the inflammation and has antibacterial properties that stops the infection from spreading to the the skin around the pimple. It reduces to just a small blemish after one day and with continued use, the blemish entirely disappears after 3 to 4 days (if you don't scratch at it :))

EDIT: The same effect can be obtained from any tea tree oil actually. I would recommend larger bottles of pure tea tree oil sold at organic stores. More product for your dollar's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been suffering from cystic acne for the last 3 years, I get 1-2 medium sized cysts at one time. I'm on antibiotics and some medical creams but nothing really worked so far. So now I have one cyst that sits on my cheek and some small insignificant zits. I started using Tea Tree Oil a few days ago.

First of all it immediately dries out small zits. There was a potential cyst on my chin and it has stopped growing, now its slowly disappearing. I never really thought it would have any effect on the cyst on my cheek because it takes months until a cyst fully disappears. But to my GREAT surprise that one is getting smaller too! I can't believe how effective this product is. It is only 15% Tea Tree oil and it comes with some other ingredients such as alcohol and I have no complaints about that, because it works for me. The smell is bad but it goes away in a few minutes and I don't really care, it's saving me from something much worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

I bought this as part of a starter kit. Overall, I like the smell of the tea tree line which has a hint of lime. Smells fresh. In terms of effectiveness, this did the trick for me, and helped heal my zits. It stops the pimple from getting worse, and dries it out in a few days. I've used clindamycin lotion before so I know what works and what doesn't. A bit on the pricey side though, but since it solved the problem, I would consider buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by csiojo

Not only has this cleared my skin as an on the spot treatment, it has saved my Industrial piercing. : )

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dawnong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pretty expensive for sucha small bottle. then again, only need minimal amount each time. still ok. healed my tiny zits in a day. except that the smell is really overwhelming! sometimes the smell stings my eye. But I will buy again for sure! I find that this baby eliminates the blackheads on my nose too!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

a huge disappointment! i didn't see any result... my acne didn't get any better. however, it does feel very nice after applying, very "minty" and a cool, refresh feeling