September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by inca311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this at first. It removed my (non waterproof) eye makeup with relative ease. But after a few days of use, I began to notice the delicate skin just under my lower lash line was feeling sore right after I used it, despite being applied with a very gentle hand.
On closer investigation I could see the whole of my eye area was redder than normal, including some redness on the actual eye itself. Not a good sign for sure. I looked like I'd had a good cry.
I stopped using it and everything went back to normal, so it's a thumbs down from me.
I've since switched to pure Grapeseed oil which is working like a dream.
So, sensitive skins use with caution. Anyone who uses waterproof eye makeup probably shouldn't bother either. Money best spent elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by minidictionary

Stings my eyelid area and doesn't remove eyeliner, mascara. This is the most useless eye makeup remover among all that i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by winniethemaltese

Gentle, smells great, takes off my eye makeup with little effort

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Miss_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I remember using this remover years ago and hating it. It thought it smelled like chamomile tea mixed with rubbing alcohol and it burned my eyes like crazy, which is not a good thing if you wear contacts like me. Last year I got one of those "Love Your Body" membership cards and with that card you can pick out a 10,- euro birthday gift. I had no idea what to pick so I decided to give this a try again. I don't know if they changed the formula together with the bottle design, but I like this remover a lot better than I did in the past, the formula does seem more gentler. It still burns my eyes a little bit (like most removers unfortunately do in my case) but it does take all my eye make-up off in just a few whipes, even pretty hard to remove mascara.
The Chamomile EMR is a pretty decent remover, however, I took an extra lippie of since I think the price is a little steep at 11,- euros (US$16,-).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mimisan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My eyes are not sensitive, and i can even use face cream around my eyes. But this eye remover stung my eyes.

Only used it twice and then put it away in the drawer ever since.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be 'gentle' but it was not at all. It stung my eyes like heck. I guess it removed my eye makeup but I was in such pain I didn't really notice or care. I can say that this formula is so watery, I definitely cannot see this removing mascara-- that's how it got in my eyes. A very poor product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by designgirl73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for years. I love it. Works well for me and takes off all traces of my eye make-up. Body Shop runs a special every so often where you can buy one get one. I try to stock up when I see that. Overall it's a great staple. Plus, of course...No animal testing which is what we all love about the Body Shop!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Katie1987

Ouch!!! Is all I have to say about this product it makes my eyes STING like crazy! That fact alone I would never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kelseyyates

I have to scrub at my eyes to get my makeup off, STINGS very badly. Leaves my eyelids a little raw feeling. I'll finish the bottle off but I doubt I'll buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gwp, and used it up. It gets the job done, but it's NOT gentle. It burns my eyes. Also, I really have to scrub to get all my mascara off. I won't be purchasing this.