LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 2/18/2007 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this, I love the feminine scent of jasmine. My favorite thing about this shower gel - all of LUSH's shower gels, in fact - is that I don't need moisturizer after. My skin is very dry, so this is saying a lot. I'll definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is by far one of the most FOUL things I have ever smelled! It made me seriously nauseous, and it gave me a pounding headache. I would rather smell a fart than to ever lay my nose on it again!
Its a good thing that I didnt pay for this, it was given to me as a GWP.

on 1/27/2007 12:11:00 AM

i fully expected to find the scent completely overwpowering and cloying. jasmine and i dont get along well. i find it very heady and indole-y. a poorly executed jasmine is pure torture, but this variation is delicious. its a combination of three honeys, jasmine, ylang ylang, cypress and palmarosa.

this is a definite try before you buy kind of product. youll love it or hate it. great lather, great scent. will repurchase again and again. continued >>

on 1/26/2007 8:10:00 AM

Wonderful! The BEST shower gel, leaves skin soft and gently cleansed. The scent is amazing, everything lovely and feminine.

Would I buy this product again? Honey, I've already purchased backups. My formerly beloved Philosophy 3 in 1's sit idly by on my rack of shower gel bonanza as every day I reach for the Flying Fox.

Why do I love it? Well, first off is the SCENT. Honey and jasmine and other yummy things, they smell warm and feminine without being too heavy or cloying. Secondly, the moisturizing. I'm a new mom. I don't have a lot of time to be messing with lotions and creams and all that shenanigans. I'm happy to just get a shower! This little wonder washes me clean, leaving a faint pleasing scent behind, without drying my skin! Lastly, it's the SCENT. Nothing I've ever used has ever left my entire Master Suite smelling so heavenly all day long! continued >>

on 1/4/2007 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I have discovered that mmany LUSH products will fool your senses if sniffed straight from the package. This one is no exception. I tend toward sugary/foodie smells (love ma Bar, Honey I washed the Kids, Sultana of Soap) and spicy scnets ( Blue Skies, Ice Blue,gucci) so this wasnt going to be my cup of tea.
fromt he bottle, the indole is SO strong! the Jasmine is very overpowering, and I wasnt interested, but a dear friend knew I liked LUSH and got this for me. I decided to try it one night and in teh shower, it's lovely. The jasmine (a scent I normally despise like most florals) is tempered perfectly by the honey for a unique scent that is very soothing and feminine without being too cloying. It's also very moisturizing. The scent lingers all day, which is rare on me.
I'm surprised I like this stuff. But I dont love it. It's got a bit of old school glamour in it's scent, but it's not really my style. I like having the bottle I have now when I wasnna feel all Rita Hayworth, but I prefer my Snow Fairy or Sea Vegetable. Once this runs out, I'll be sad, but not sad enough to purchase another.

on 11/21/2006 3:01:00 PM

I love this gel and I think the honey in it makes it far more moisturizing than your average shower gel. It's a great product to have around in the fall and winter when my skin dries out. I like that the jasmine scent lingers but isn't cloying; I layer this with the Flying Fox temple balm (used as solid perfume) and it's fantastic. Wish it were cheaper, but it is lasting me a long time.

on 11/14/2006 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite scent from LUSH. It is pure jasmine smell, with a tiny bit of honey and something else. It lathers well, lasts a long time, and the scent lingers after you get out of the shower. Lots of people find the scent too cloying, but if you love jasmine, you've got to try it!

on 10/28/2006 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I am glad I got a sample of this before purchasing a full bottle - Personally I like it. However, when sniffed straight from the bottle, it is a scent heavy on the indole. When used it creates a true flower smell that lingers, but I can see this as something most people will love or hate. Not worth the high price, IMO. I like it and would probably swap for it, but not enough to buy.

on 10/22/2006 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this shower gel. I wish that I had purchased a bigger bottle as I only purchased the 8 oz bottle. I went to their web site and sadly they do not offer this gel any longer. I am praying they bring it back! I can't begin to describe how wonderful the scent is, and how it remains on my skin. After I shower the scent lingers in the bathroom lightly for hours.

Popular Gels/Soaps