September 23, 2014 | 889 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by haloinrverse

i fully expected to find the scent completely overwpowering and cloying. jasmine and i dont get along well. i find it very heady and indole-y. a poorly executed jasmine is pure torture, but this variation is delicious. its a combination of three honeys, jasmine, ylang ylang, cypress and palmarosa.

this is a definite try before you buy kind of product. youll love it or hate it. great lather, great scent. will repurchase again and again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sammybee

Wonderful! The BEST shower gel, leaves skin soft and gently cleansed. The scent is amazing, everything lovely and feminine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by StepfordOnWisteria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again? Honey, I've already purchased backups. My formerly beloved Philosophy 3 in 1's sit idly by on my rack of shower gel bonanza as every day I reach for the Flying Fox.

Why do I love it? Well, first off is the SCENT. Honey and jasmine and other yummy things, they smell warm and feminine without being too heavy or cloying. Secondly, the moisturizing. I'm a new mom. I don't have a lot of time to be messing with lotions and creams and all that shenanigans. I'm happy to just get a shower! This little wonder washes me clean, leaving a faint pleasing scent behind, without drying my skin! Lastly, it's the SCENT. Nothing I've ever used has ever left my entire Master Suite smelling so heavenly all day long! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have discovered that mmany LUSH products will fool your senses if sniffed straight from the package. This one is no exception. I tend toward sugary/foodie smells (love ma Bar, Honey I washed the Kids, Sultana of Soap) and spicy scnets ( Blue Skies, Ice Blue,gucci) so this wasnt going to be my cup of tea.
fromt he bottle, the indole is SO strong! the Jasmine is very overpowering, and I wasnt interested, but a dear friend knew I liked LUSH and got this for me. I decided to try it one night and in teh shower, it's lovely. The jasmine (a scent I normally despise like most florals) is tempered perfectly by the honey for a unique scent that is very soothing and feminine without being too cloying. It's also very moisturizing. The scent lingers all day, which is rare on me.
I'm surprised I like this stuff. But I dont love it. It's got a bit of old school glamour in it's scent, but it's not really my style. I like having the bottle I have now when I wasnna feel all Rita Hayworth, but I prefer my Snow Fairy or Sea Vegetable. Once this runs out, I'll be sad, but not sad enough to purchase another.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Sasquatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gel and I think the honey in it makes it far more moisturizing than your average shower gel. It's a great product to have around in the fall and winter when my skin dries out. I like that the jasmine scent lingers but isn't cloying; I layer this with the Flying Fox temple balm (used as solid perfume) and it's fantastic. Wish it were cheaper, but it is lasting me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by brynnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite scent from LUSH. It is pure jasmine smell, with a tiny bit of honey and something else. It lathers well, lasts a long time, and the scent lingers after you get out of the shower. Lots of people find the scent too cloying, but if you love jasmine, you've got to try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am glad I got a sample of this before purchasing a full bottle - Personally I like it. However, when sniffed straight from the bottle, it is a scent heavy on the indole. When used it creates a true flower smell that lingers, but I can see this as something most people will love or hate. Not worth the high price, IMO. I like it and would probably swap for it, but not enough to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ErisMay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this shower gel. I wish that I had purchased a bigger bottle as I only purchased the 8 oz bottle. I went to their web site and sadly they do not offer this gel any longer. I am praying they bring it back! I can't begin to describe how wonderful the scent is, and how it remains on my skin. After I shower the scent lingers in the bathroom lightly for hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought a 100g bottle of this yesterday and would have bought a larger size had the local Lush shop had any left. It's beautiful. Flying Fox smells strongly of jasmine and equally as strongly of honey. You don't need much to clean your whole body with (if you put it on a shower puff or similar) and it fragrances the whole bathroom for ages. I love this scent so much that I've spent most of my shower time with my nose stuck in the Flying Fox bottle. It is divine. So divine that I have vowed to go back to Lush sometime in the near future and buy every product that smells like this delicious shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by misstayva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't live without this stuff! I'm a big fan of jasmine, so that pretty much sums it up.
I sometimes wash my colour-treated hair with this stuff (some of it is bright red) and I haven't had any troubles with the colour fading. I get worse results from products specifically meant for colour-treated hair!
The scent lasts all day, as well.
I normally hate gel-consistency soaps because they either don't moisturise properly or dry out my skin. No problems to report in that department!
Great stuff, I think... but you've got to be a fan of the jasmine scent to like this.