April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works but had to throw it out before I used it all, the expiration date was so soon. I don't think it's a necessary product because I prefer using cream shadows that have the primer in them already.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by deleybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the product that genuinely changed my life and opened my eyes to the world of makeup. I always envied people who could go out and have their eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day, but I thought there just was no hope for me and it put me off makeup completely. I didn't start wearing makeup properly until I was 18 - I'd found a YouTube video recommending this and used my birthday money to invest in this and an urban decay eyeshadow palette.

The only thing I've noticed is that people say the ELF eyelid primer (£1.50, 5ml) works just as good as this, if not better as the urban decay contains parabens but there may be better colour payoff from urban decay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What I do like is how well this grabs eyeshadows (and any product you may put on top of it). What I don't like is that it makes blending impossible. And I mean impossible. Even if I just wear one overall lid colour, because I can't then blend the edges out , my eyeshadow ends up looking undone and messy with harsh lines - not a look I like.
If this doesn't bother you, and you only care about your e/s not creasing, then this may be for you. Once it sets, it holds onto e/s throughout the day with no creasing (even on my super oily lids).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

This product does what it promises to do and is heavenly in that regard, but the price brings me back to earth right again. I got this as part of the Naked palette, otherwise would not pay the astronomical price for this. I usually use Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer (check out my review for more info) which I find works exactly the same and as well as UD but at 1/3 the price or even less. In fact, this works less well for me because I find it takes longer than the Etude House one to dry on my lids.

This makes your eyeshadow last all day with minimal wear, even in humid Singapore where literally all other make up melts off your face. This also holds up different layers of eyeshadow and when you reach home at night, your eyes look almost exactly the same as when you left. I say almost because some wear is to be expected with tearing, touching your eyes and what not. So I would recommend this primer if you have the cash and don't mind paying for a wayyy overpriced product. I would gladly use this if it were free or on a huge discount but I would not buy it at the regular price. If you want something that works as well but costs 1/3 the price, try out the Etude House one. I've tried both and can vouch that they are equally good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolute holy grail this one. Tried too faced shadow insurance, but find that really drying. UDDP is perfect for me in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by SaturnineScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying I'm not a person that thought eyeshadow primer was necessary or made a lick of difference in make up in the beginning. I now consider myself begrudgingly converted.

I received this product as a free gift from Sephora. I had been having some problems with my shadows creasing by the end of my eight hour shifts due to my oily eyelids, but I didn't see how this could really help and balked at the price tag, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to see if this gunk really helped as much as everyone said.

I received it at least a month ago, and after eight hours, my make up either looks like I just applied it or has very minimal, barely visible creasing. It's phenomenal. I haven't noticed any change in color when I put on shadows with primer potion versus without as some ads/reviews have claimed, and any change in intensity is negligible. This product does inhibit blending some, but the pros of wearing it versus the cons tip the scale very much in its favor! As much as I hate the price, I'm going to have to buy some when mine runs out-- I can't go back to loosing my shadow before the end of my shift ever again!

My only qualm is the packaging-- I have the old style, not the squeeze tube, and I worry I'm not going to get all the product out for maximum value.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Henchwench

This is one of the staples of my makeup bag. I absolutely could not survive without it. Its one of those rare products that does exactly what its meant to. I paid around €25 for the bottle im using now and while it might seem like a lot for such a small bottle ive used it every day for over a year and its still got plenty left. I recommend this primer to everyone i know

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by LaynaLoo

I have very oily eyelids!! This product is fab for preventing oil buildup & really does keep shadow it place all day long! Only negative is that I find it hard to blend shadow over this product, but using the proper blending brush obviously helps (i love the Mac 217, sigma E25 & real techniques shadow dome)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Eatseaweed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is probably my favorite thing in my entire makeup collection. I am in love love love. I used Too Faced eyeshadow insurance for about a year before I used this. My cousin had told me about it and let me use hers one day and I fell IN LOVE. I've now been using it for about 4 years and I'll stop when it leaves the shelves.
I apply it using my finger all over my lid in a pat-and-roll motion all the way up to just barely below my brow. Then I take a concealer brush and dip it into the primer, and line right underneath my brow shape in just one precise line. When I apply the lightest color of eyeshadow that I use to highlight right under the arch of my brow, it pops and makes my eyebrows look defined and amazing! I've even applied it underneath my eyes under some concealer to cover up my awful hereditary blue veins and it works like a dream. If you haven't tried it yet, go pick up a sample, you will not regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Ellie1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product makes eye shadow going on unevenly, I'm surprised it has such great ratings. Maybe I just bought a bad bottle, but I was disappointed in the product. Won't be buying it again.