BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 4/20/2008 6:42:00 PM

I got this as a freebie but I would definetly not repurchase after running out.
Positives: Convienient, on-the-go application, med-full coverage, lightweight.
Negatives: minimal staying power, greasy feeling, shades are either too pink or too dark...

this is just my backup incase I run out of my other foundation. i find it makes good if u get an eyeliner or eyeshadow smudge around ur eyes as a quick fixer upper but thats it . its just a -meh- okay product. Nothing special

on 4/14/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had been using this product for about a year or so now. I have acne prone skin and this covered everything up pretty well and i was generally very happy with it until people started telling me how orange i looked. So i then decided to change to a foundation from MAC and woooooooooooow!!!! Only then did i realise the difference!! The shades arent very good, i was using 'jumprope' and it was too orange for my skin. Also, the foundation is really quite heavy and can easily make you look like you put too much on! The price is waaaay too much too in my opinion, so i wudnt be buying this product again.

on 3/26/2008 7:07:00 AM

I've only given this a 4 because Jax is slightly to pinkish on my skin. All the same it's a great foundation and super quick in the mornings.

I love the coverage it gives and the fact it feels moisturising. Some people have said this is too heavy but not for me, it's perfect in my opinion - I draw it on then blend it very lightly with a finger and it's perfect, it gives brilliant coverage and control in where you apply it.

I am going to revisit the colour selection when and if I buy this again - i'm assuming I will because it's one of the best stick foundations i've ever tried.
The packaging is super sturdy and expensive feeling, not to mention it takes up hardly any room in my mu bag.

I also love the green tea smell!!

Well done benefit!

This is the first foundation i tried that didnt break my skin out nor left it dry. It is amazing! I love that it gave great coverage. Plus, I was able to find my exact color too! i have meduim-tanish skin and jump-rope was perfect! I like the stick size because it saves save and its easy to apply. I draw circles and dots on my face and smooth it out with a foundation brush. The coverage may be thick for some but i have spots that i need to cover so this was perfect. Too bad it's a tad bit expensive :(

on 3/11/2008 9:23:00 AM

ADDITION to review: Not as great in the summer as it is during the winter, as in makes normal skin look a little shiny during the summer. It's great during the winter, though!
Love it! I have very fair skin with freckles, so I bought Jax and it's a great match. My face tends to be dry, so I don't usually do well with powders or any foundations, really (I've stuck to concealers dabbed where I need help in the past - use Booing #1 under my eyes). But I was looking for something to even out my skin tone - I have a broken blood vessel on my cheek, and the skin around my nose and on my chin needs some help looking even. This does the trick, finishes so great, and the packaging is awesome - the stick won't break, the product is easy to apply, and it travels well. If you want natural-looking coverage to even out your skin tone, this is great. It's definitely not a full coverage makeup. I absolutely love the finish, too - it's not heavy or greasy, it finishes like pressed powder, but never gets cakey and keeps my face from feeling too dry! Two thumbs up for Benefit, again.

on 3/9/2008 9:59:00 PM

my purpose in buying this porduct was to get a really easy quick and even complexion. it's satisfactory. i can just wear it every morning in about 5 minutes ( my skin has uneven texture and some blemishes) but it wont cover them all. The colour blends in very well, but u can still tell the uneven texture. But i guess no foundation can cover bumpy skin. so i can live with that.
Remember: this products rubs off very easily so u have to put a loose powder on top with a brush to set it in.
Price: itz too pricy for me. I'll have to see how long it lasts before i make a decision about a second purchase. But if you have the money, and are not afraid of using it, definitely buy one =)

on 3/1/2008 11:43:00 PM

I don't hate this but I also don't love it. I absolutely love how convenient it is to use. You swipe a little on your forehead, cheeks, and chin, blend with your fingertips and voila, you're good to go. Buuut it's a bit greasy and has hardly any staying power. A few hours later, I don't know where it went. The coverage is pretty good, but I don't know..there's nothing fantastic about it. I guess I'd buy it again because I love how convenient it is...so easy to use...but it's definitely not HG. And actually, it's way overpriced. $32 for a stick that lasts maybe a couple months. *shrugs* Like I said, I don't hate it but don't love it.

I've read some good things here about Clinique's City Sticks..I think I'll give that a shot.

on 2/27/2008 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually used to absolutely adore this stuff. It blended so easily, smelled delicious (like green tea), and best of all was easily portable. I managed to sneak it into a camping trip when I promised people I would not wear makeup, with no one any the wiser..hehehehe. I was wearing "Spin the Bottle" in the summer and "Jax" in the winter with fantastic results. At first, the only real problem was the fact that I was running through a stick of it every month and a half, which at $28 a pop, was getting pretty ridiculous, especially considering my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer at approximately $10 more, was lasting 6 months a tube. Then, about a year into using it, my skin just started acting up. It was turning my oily skin a really terrible greasy orange color, which was what I had been seeking to avoid when I bought this makeup in the first place. I keep wondering whether something in the formula changed, or if something in my skin changed. I'm sad about this one- it was really great, but my skin just doesn't want to work with it anymore.

on 2/23/2008 12:45:00 AM

Beautiful finish! No need for a powder! First rate coverage; no concealer needed! What more can I say?
Unfortunately, they don't carry a shade that matches me well. And, I've since switched to mineral makeup with much simpler, "bare-bones" formulas for health reasons and for the no-makeup look.
I do miss the feeling of this foundation, though. Lots of people complain that stick foundation feels heavy; I personally find it makes my face feel soft and well-moisturized even when I'm not touching it, as though I have a layer of silk velvet for an epidermis. . . Heaven.

on 2/15/2008 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

As a foundation, playsticks are VERY heavy. They look better when drawn on the face and then blended with a lightweight moisturizer (try Do it Daily or Rebel Light). I don't like the heavy feeling on my face as an overall foundation, so I use mine as a concealer. My shade (Paper Dolls) matches my skin better than Boing #2 and is softer. It blends better as well. The packaging is great - the perfect size to keep in your purse for touchups. Smells good too!