January 27, 2015 | 1365 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by deftones44

I don't hate this but I also don't love it. I absolutely love how convenient it is to use. You swipe a little on your forehead, cheeks, and chin, blend with your fingertips and voila, you're good to go. Buuut it's a bit greasy and has hardly any staying power. A few hours later, I don't know where it went. The coverage is pretty good, but I don't know..there's nothing fantastic about it. I guess I'd buy it again because I love how convenient it is...so easy to use...but it's definitely not HG. And actually, it's way overpriced. $32 for a stick that lasts maybe a couple months. *shrugs* Like I said, I don't hate it but don't love it.

I've read some good things here about Clinique's City Sticks..I think I'll give that a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by PiedPiper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually used to absolutely adore this stuff. It blended so easily, smelled delicious (like green tea), and best of all was easily portable. I managed to sneak it into a camping trip when I promised people I would not wear makeup, with no one any the wiser..hehehehe. I was wearing "Spin the Bottle" in the summer and "Jax" in the winter with fantastic results. At first, the only real problem was the fact that I was running through a stick of it every month and a half, which at $28 a pop, was getting pretty ridiculous, especially considering my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer at approximately $10 more, was lasting 6 months a tube. Then, about a year into using it, my skin just started acting up. It was turning my oily skin a really terrible greasy orange color, which was what I had been seeking to avoid when I bought this makeup in the first place. I keep wondering whether something in the formula changed, or if something in my skin changed. I'm sad about this one- it was really great, but my skin just doesn't want to work with it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by nellieney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful finish! No need for a powder! First rate coverage; no concealer needed! What more can I say?
Unfortunately, they don't carry a shade that matches me well. And, I've since switched to mineral makeup with much simpler, "bare-bones" formulas for health reasons and for the no-makeup look.
I do miss the feeling of this foundation, though. Lots of people complain that stick foundation feels heavy; I personally find it makes my face feel soft and well-moisturized even when I'm not touching it, as though I have a layer of silk velvet for an epidermis. . . Heaven.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mercedes99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a foundation, playsticks are VERY heavy. They look better when drawn on the face and then blended with a lightweight moisturizer (try Do it Daily or Rebel Light). I don't like the heavy feeling on my face as an overall foundation, so I use mine as a concealer. My shade (Paper Dolls) matches my skin better than Boing #2 and is softer. It blends better as well. The packaging is great - the perfect size to keep in your purse for touchups. Smells good too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

This is a great light weight foundation! It goes on very smoothly and blends well, hides imperfections, and when you're done applying looks like your skin! The color choice is nice, and I LOVE that it comes in a stick form, makes it so easy to travel with/apply. I draw "Indian lines" on my face (2 diagonal whiskers on my cheeks going down from the nose and one straight line from my forhead to my chin) and then blend in. The whole process takes about 30 seconds-1 minute. It also has tea tree oil in it I believe so it's good for you! *Note-if you need something with a heavy coverage you might not find this that useful

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Cali77

I love this foundation!! I have it in Paper Dolls. It is light and gives you a good coverage, no one can even tell i have make up on!! It makes you look completely natural while it still covers all of your flaws. It might be a little pricey for your taste but it is sooo worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG!!!!!!!!! PPP here w/a bit of rosacea. I went on a binge at the Benefit counter and decided to give Play Sticks Jax a try. When I got home I applied some if it to my right cheek, blended with my finger....OMG!.....I covered the whole right side of my face...OMG!! I sat there staring at my face! It never looked so flawless! It has a nice scent too. It makes a nice, matte canvas face.No breakouts. Top it w/Mineral Veil, add some mascara, gloss and you're good to go! (and don't forget to pack your MAC blot powder!-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by hellobrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff isn't the cheapest, but I really love it. I'm young and I have oily skin, so I like the dewy look but for me it's a fine line between dewy and greaseball. This offers buildable coverage that camoflauges my pores and offers me a great, not-too-matte finish. Even better, with a concealer brush this baby wreaks major havoc on undereye circles and blemishes. Plus, it's got tea tree oil in it so I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out. If anything, my skin looks better! Because it's a cream foundation, application can be a little tricky. A great foundation brush is key (I use an essentials of beauty one from CVS) and on days I want more coverage, I wet the brush a bit before putting this on.

The color range seems pretty good- I'm super pale (way too pale for most DS brands, and somewhere between Fair Neutral and Fair in EM foundation) and the lightest shade, Jax, is perfect. Porcelain doll skin, or as close as I've ever seen my skin looking like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by inasmoothie

My skin has never been my best feature. Foundations always caked on and were impossible to apply evenly. I had tried every kind in the book. Hesitantly I tried Play Sticks and re-evaluated my attitude towards face makeup. If you're in a rush you can draw it on and blend or if time permits you can brush it on. I've gone through four sticks in the last three years - even with daily use they last quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this before and in "Jax" this is the exact colour of my neck, My face is darker at the moment and a lot redder due to Rosacea.

I have just got a new one of these as everything else out there seemed way too dark/orange on my very pale skin.

Its excellent for covering my red cheeks so I use this on moisturised (after it has sunk in) skin just where its needed, forehead and chin redness. Then I am finishing with Philosophy's blank canvas as a setting powder.

My plan is to trial out both and some days I will just have the Canvas one and others the playstick as the amount of redness changes daily I can change my routine!

What I would like though is Clinique to bring out a Superbalanced foundation in a light a colour as Jax that would be my HG.

Very portable in the metal tube, I think not bad value. It is showing my pores a little - I will practice with my brush tomorrow (used fingertips today).

Update: Not helping my spots on my forehead, in fact shows them up! I am reverting to last years Chantecaille real skin for a better coverage but its still not perfect.