August 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mercedes99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a foundation, playsticks are VERY heavy. They look better when drawn on the face and then blended with a lightweight moisturizer (try Do it Daily or Rebel Light). I don't like the heavy feeling on my face as an overall foundation, so I use mine as a concealer. My shade (Paper Dolls) matches my skin better than Boing #2 and is softer. It blends better as well. The packaging is great - the perfect size to keep in your purse for touchups. Smells good too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

This is a great light weight foundation! It goes on very smoothly and blends well, hides imperfections, and when you're done applying looks like your skin! The color choice is nice, and I LOVE that it comes in a stick form, makes it so easy to travel with/apply. I draw "Indian lines" on my face (2 diagonal whiskers on my cheeks going down from the nose and one straight line from my forhead to my chin) and then blend in. The whole process takes about 30 seconds-1 minute. It also has tea tree oil in it I believe so it's good for you! *Note-if you need something with a heavy coverage you might not find this that useful

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Cali77

I love this foundation!! I have it in Paper Dolls. It is light and gives you a good coverage, no one can even tell i have make up on!! It makes you look completely natural while it still covers all of your flaws. It might be a little pricey for your taste but it is sooo worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG!!!!!!!!! PPP here w/a bit of rosacea. I went on a binge at the Benefit counter and decided to give Play Sticks Jax a try. When I got home I applied some if it to my right cheek, blended with my finger....OMG!.....I covered the whole right side of my face...OMG!! I sat there staring at my face! It never looked so flawless! It has a nice scent too. It makes a nice, matte canvas face.No breakouts. Top it w/Mineral Veil, add some mascara, gloss and you're good to go! (and don't forget to pack your MAC blot powder!-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by hellobrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff isn't the cheapest, but I really love it. I'm young and I have oily skin, so I like the dewy look but for me it's a fine line between dewy and greaseball. This offers buildable coverage that camoflauges my pores and offers me a great, not-too-matte finish. Even better, with a concealer brush this baby wreaks major havoc on undereye circles and blemishes. Plus, it's got tea tree oil in it so I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out. If anything, my skin looks better! Because it's a cream foundation, application can be a little tricky. A great foundation brush is key (I use an essentials of beauty one from CVS) and on days I want more coverage, I wet the brush a bit before putting this on.

The color range seems pretty good- I'm super pale (way too pale for most DS brands, and somewhere between Fair Neutral and Fair in EM foundation) and the lightest shade, Jax, is perfect. Porcelain doll skin, or as close as I've ever seen my skin looking like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by inasmoothie

My skin has never been my best feature. Foundations always caked on and were impossible to apply evenly. I had tried every kind in the book. Hesitantly I tried Play Sticks and re-evaluated my attitude towards face makeup. If you're in a rush you can draw it on and blend or if time permits you can brush it on. I've gone through four sticks in the last three years - even with daily use they last quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this before and in "Jax" this is the exact colour of my neck, My face is darker at the moment and a lot redder due to Rosacea.

I have just got a new one of these as everything else out there seemed way too dark/orange on my very pale skin.

Its excellent for covering my red cheeks so I use this on moisturised (after it has sunk in) skin just where its needed, forehead and chin redness. Then I am finishing with Philosophy's blank canvas as a setting powder.

My plan is to trial out both and some days I will just have the Canvas one and others the playstick as the amount of redness changes daily I can change my routine!

What I would like though is Clinique to bring out a Superbalanced foundation in a light a colour as Jax that would be my HG.

Very portable in the metal tube, I think not bad value. It is showing my pores a little - I will practice with my brush tomorrow (used fingertips today).

Update: Not helping my spots on my forehead, in fact shows them up! I am reverting to last years Chantecaille real skin for a better coverage but its still not perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 8:39:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent Product and I absolutely love it. I have discolorations underneath my chin which thankfully been able to lighten however, with my pale skintone they are still distinguishable while they are fading in color. I use a tiny amount of foundation on my chin with my beautyblender and afterwards if there are any spots which still look noticeable I just dot on some of my Benefit Play Stick in Jax, blend, and it covers beautifully (I do wish that there was a shade lighter than Jax, however, although a little dark for me, I can play around with it and still make it work ---- what is important is that it works at concealing.) For those with lighter discolorations, you can use the Play Stick without using foundation, as I note that on my face every now and then I notice a spot and the Play Stick is enough coverage to conceal. I like the consistancy of the Play Stick as it is easily blendable and then takes on the consistancy of a powder as well as that it does not look cakey or fake. I know that many have complained of the higher price tag, but in my opinion well worth it especially for those like myself who have never been able to find something that works and believe me I have used everything from $65 concealer sticks down to drugstore brands only to find hideous fake colors or horrible coverage. 1/9/07 Just yesterday purchased KA's SSE in SX-01 and I am in love as the SSE is a better color match for my skintone and is very easy to use and blend - I still love the Playstick and will use it up, but the SSE is a way better match for my coloring which makes me prefer that item over the Playstick, although both do a great job at coverage for me.
3/3/08 stopped using this product as I noted that it started to quickly disappear from my skin ------ the product would go on nicely but then quickly fade to nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Dillinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 'Jax'. I dont think I can fault it. I use my eyeko moisturiser and then apply this in the 'dot' method as already described and then it blends lovely and lasts well.

I dont use it all the time as I can usually get away with just some powder but I like this if I fancy more coverage. Ive only blended it with my fingertips so far but have always been happy with the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by val3ntine

I am so glad I tried this. I have oily skin, and I am very picky about foundations. I wear BareEscentuals when I need/want full coverage, and when I have "good skin days" and want something lighter or a matte finish, I use Playsticks. Instead of waiting for my moisturizer to sink in completely like I need to do with BE, I moisturizer and put on PlaySticks right afterwards. All I do is make a few "dots" with the stick and blend it around with a foundation brush and the blending is easy because I just moisturized. This way, it doesn't look thick at all, it's almost sheer. It stays all day.