Maybelline Cover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 3/1/2012 6:29:00 PM

this product is really bad. it has a strong smell of mint and when i swatched it on my hand it made my skin itchy and red. =/ i do not recommend it !

on 2/21/2012 10:14:00 PM

I really like this stick, it's been the one I've been able to tolerate the most out of all I've tried. It hides any blemishes, doesn't make me look or feel greasy, and covers the redness great. My only complaint is that it fades after about 4 hours. No big deal but it's kind of a pain in the butt being "that girl" who is constantly checking her makeup lol.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in green to hide any redness and pimples. It's not that great. But it does somewhat neutralize the redness. It's a little cakey and drying and hard to blend. And difficult to hide the green tint with foundation. But overall, it does neutralize redness not pimples

on 1/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very thick and doesn't do well for dry skin. Fades during the day and sinks into creases.

on 1/25/2012 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used to use the Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow in Navajo underneath a powder eyeshadow but since then Bobbi has discontinued it. I needed something to replace it so I decided to purchase Glacier(see my other review) about this color. Anyway, Glacier did not work so I brought it back and decided to get Bone. However, Bone was out of stock. So the MA told me I would be better off using a concealer as an eye primer and save myself the $ (I did not like the UD primer) . She also said Bobbi did not intend to make these eyeshadows to use as primers but whatever. So, I took her advice and went to my local Target. I decided to purchase Maybelline Cover Up stick in Ivory. Let me tell you she was right! I would have never guessed to do this but it works just as well as her cream eyeshadows! The color Ivory looks just like Bone on my lid except I saved myself about $18.00!! Now, I don't know how it work in the summer heat but for now this is such an awesome product. Also, I use my fingers to apply it and sometimes alternate it with the Bobbi Brown cream brush.

ivory

on 1/22/2012 8:33:00 PM

This is my general go to concealer. Although many claim it's too dry, since I live in warm climate, I can deal with it with no problem. It glides on smoothly. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin, specially if they are considering to use it as an under eye concealer. It covers blemishes flawlessly. The price is great and I think it's a great concealer for anyone who is just getting started with make up. The onyl flaw for me, is that since it's cramy the stick may break inside the packaging.

I have the green corrector concealer stick... it breaks me out incredibly bad and it doesn't spread well. It is cakey and hard to cover the green tone

on 1/11/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this in Ivory and found it too light and too pink for my skin tone. Moreover, this isn't really suitable for dry skin because it looks very cakey on any dry patches, and trying to blend it out results in it just rubbing off, meaning that any blemishes aren't being concealed anymore.

I've figured out a way to use it on dry skin: swipe some on the back of your hand, wait for it to warm up a bit, then mix with a little bit of the foundation/BB cream you're using (the tiniest little blob is enough). This will give you a much better consistency and make it easier to apply and blend. It's also a far better match for me that way. However, it still means that I can't get optimal coverage from this product. I just layer it on top of my foundation, so it works on blemishes that are already fading but still look bad if you don't cover them up. Wouldn't work on anything serious, though.

Overall, not the best concealer. I'm keeping it, but only because I don't need as much coverage anymore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my favorite concealer. It wasn't the most natural, it was a bittt waxy but! It had been a lot better than covergirl or almay, so it was wonderful to me. It doesn't have the longest staying power, but it would last about 5-6hrs. The color fades little by little. Application is easy. I would just use my fingers. Glamoflauge by Hard Candy is better tho, it's my favorite one. It can cover up my scars & it even covers up tattoos.

on 12/25/2011 5:49:00 PM

i was looking around for a concealer to cover minor blemishes and such, so i picked this up in medium beige at target for $4.99. i thought it was pretty great at first, then i noticed a while after application, it settled into creases. it's pretty darn bad. i also noticed it has a really unnatural-looking powdery look that just would not blend in. and the packaging really pissed me off, just really weird and flimsy. would not repurchase definitely.