January 27, 2015 | 1865 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my favorite concealer. It wasn't the most natural, it was a bittt waxy but! It had been a lot better than covergirl or almay, so it was wonderful to me. It doesn't have the longest staying power, but it would last about 5-6hrs. The color fades little by little. Application is easy. I would just use my fingers. Glamoflauge by Hard Candy is better tho, it's my favorite one. It can cover up my scars & it even covers up tattoos.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ihartchanel

i was looking around for a concealer to cover minor blemishes and such, so i picked this up in medium beige at target for $4.99. i thought it was pretty great at first, then i noticed a while after application, it settled into creases. it's pretty darn bad. i also noticed it has a really unnatural-looking powdery look that just would not blend in. and the packaging really pissed me off, just really weird and flimsy. would not repurchase definitely.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by snodog16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very inexpensive, but the product is cheap in quality. It's kind of oily and didn't sit well on my skin. I also found it difficult to blend and I couldn't wear it without having to use a powder over it. I found it settled into the crease and into fine lines (I mean super fine lines that weren't even visible until I used this product-I'm only twenty). I have acne-prone skin, and though this product never irritated my breakouts or cause any, it never stayed in place, with that said, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by ErvaSand

This product will suit skin troubled by redness and acne. If you need something quickly, something that can be bought at a drug store, or something that is inexpensive, I do recommend this product. It will serve in a pinch and is probably something that would be handy whether you have chronic skin problems or not.

However, it absolutely will not apply well to dry and flakey skin and will only serve to exacerbate the appearance of this. This concealer is not ideal for skin that is combination, like mine. I have alternately dry or oily skin, and this concealer will amplify whichever one I am on a particular day.

To combat the oily/waxy appearance of this product I overlay with power. When exceedingly dry-looking and flakey, there is nothing much that can be done except find ways to moisturize your skin when not wearing product or wait for your skin to produce oil which will mitigate the appearance.

A little bit of sweat will even out the thickness of this, so over the course of a day the concealer will eventually blend itself. I have found that this concealer will in fact last all day. Eventually, though, the oiliness will become gross, so do not wear for more than the course of a day and do not wear to bed.

This dry-to-oily dance is probably not good for acne prone skin, but neither will this concealer actively cause breakouts. It is possible to use this and improve your skin simultaneously (although for some people NO makeup is the best course and you should let your skin heal itself in the open air as much as possible).

I have swum wearing this product and taken a shower wearing this product. Water droplets will not make you look like you are wearing makeup and for the most part, if you do not put too much water on this or rub it, it will maintain coverage. One con is that the concealer will come off on clothing/fingers if you rub or touch your skin. Powder helps with this (although be careful when applying because, as I said, the concealer will rub off).

The particular stick I own makes me look pale, and does not match the skin on my wrist, but at the same time is pretty much the right color and will not actively embarrass you by being super obvious if you choose wisely and apply carefully.

In the winter my face gets red in the cold, and flushes when I am hot in the summer. The discrepancy between my skin and the concealer when this happens is EXTREMELY obvious. I mention this because this is not the kind of product to use all over your face. The waxy consistency makes it very difficult to spread over the whole face without using a lot, which will only make you appear to be slathered in clay. If you combine this with some kind of foundation, or if your skin stays the same no matter what you are doing, you shouldn't have this problem. If your face flushes, you might use caution when applying this product.

If you have pimples (on the large side), this concealer will not stay on them and will cling to any spot where your skin is not perfectly smooth and hydrated. It is good for redness, though. It will take repeated application (3-4) of this concealer on a particular blemish to minimize the appearance (*because* it requires hand application, even though touching this product will remove it from your skin. Therefore getting it right can be tricky and frustrating). It will not make it "disappear" completely.

This is far from perfect, but it WILL do what it is supposed to without having an extortionist price. If the product you currently have is not working, and you can't find anything else with reliable reviews, trying this will not be a complete waste of time or money. If you have bad skin (to the point where you never go without make up in public) it will not be the best choice but it will not be the worst, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product in green is the best DS product I've tried for redness. It is excellent for correcting since it doesn't require a lot of buildup and doesn't look too green afterwards. I can sometimes go without foundation after using this, even, since you can blend it out, but it looks best under foundation obviously. Would definitely buy again in green.

This product is definitely not the best for under eye circles though since it can look waxy if you need a lot of coverage. Wouldn't buy it for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have both green and yellow. Yellow is for undereye circles and green is for redness. If I could give a review to both, I would give the yellow a four and the green a two.

When I have redness on my face (usually just zits) they are a very angry red, and it clashes quite a bit with my pale skin. I do not find that the green concealer helps. It is a HORRIBLE concealer for zits because no matter how carefully you apply or blend, it will still get caught in the edges and just look horrible like pimples tend to look when you put makeup on them, only they're green as well. Not helpful at all. I'm guessing if you had natural redness, like rosacea, it would do you some good, but I can't say for certain.

I like the yellow and use it every now and then, but it's definitely not my go-to. It's waxy but with a little TLC it'll blend well. It's not perfect for covering up underye circles, but it helps.

I wouldn't recommend it but if you are new to makeup the yellow might be worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

overall this is a great concealer. its not sticky or cakey. it blends easy and covers great!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by bbrim21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The actual product isn't too bad. I don't mind it actually. But what makes this product not so great is the packaging! It's horrible. I hate it. I wish they would bring back their old concealers! Anyway, if you use your fingers to apply it, it does cover dark under eye circles and redness fairly well but not as good as others I've tried :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very creamy concealer, I don't find it too thick at all! I bought it in Ivory (light 2) and its a very light yellow based color. Im nc5-nc15 and it blends very well into my skin. I use this to cover red areas around my nose and under eye circles, then I swipe some powder over my face instead of foundation and it works very well! It doesnt sink into lines or pores and it doesnt dry out my skin at all. I will keep using and buying :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years! Don't know why the so so reviews here. This is an excellent product! Covers dark spots and undereye circles completely. It leaves a matte finish and completely blends away any marks. It's cheap and it does an amazing job. Much better than the other high end concealers out there including Dermablend which did not cover as well! I use the yellow shade. Amazing. Love it! Please Maybelline don't ever discontinue. This is the only concealer i like and i've used it for the past 10 years!!! LOVE IT! Although i must say, please stop raising the price. I remember when this cost $1.99. It's now upwards ofr $5+....