Maybelline Cover Stick

3.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 3/12/2012 12:15:00 AM

The green cover stick packaging does not give the consumer information on it's pyrpose. Having recently purchased & used this once for dark circles under the eyes I found it didn't work. In going to Maybelline's web site, I discovered the green concealor is for covering up red spots. I then checked the packaging again (I looked before buying) and no where was there information on what the product is best used for. I love Maybelline products, have used them over the years and am disappointed in the omission of this product information. I will try returning the green and hopefully get the yellow in exchange which according to the web site is for concealing dark circles. I also plan on calling Maybellline to give them this information.

on 3/10/2012 4:10:00 AM

This is my HG concealer. I've tried allllllLL kinds of concealers, high end or drug store or whatever, to cover up my dark circles. I am done looking.

This is almost exactly like Boi-Ing by Benefit, only I like the Maybelline one more because it's smoother and applies more evenly (Boi-Ing ends up with a grainy texture on me), and of course because it's cheaper!

This is also great because it's pretty well waterproof and it doesn't crease and form fine lines under my eyes, and I put it on THICK.

The secret I've found is to use an applicator sponge to gentry press a layer of translucent powder over the top of it, after applying the concealer with dabs of my finger. I'll even use a lot of translucent powder to set it and it won't crease throughout the day. Don't bother trying to use a brush to apply powder- you'll streak and scrape the concealer around, plus it won't set as well!

The medium-beige color is the best for me. It has never broken me out and I've used it liberally in lots of places on my face.

No one ever knows I secretly have dark under-eye circles thanks to this baby! I'm sold!

on 3/1/2012 6:29:00 PM

this product is really bad. it has a strong smell of mint and when i swatched it on my hand it made my skin itchy and red. =/ i do not recommend it !

on 2/21/2012 10:14:00 PM

I really like this stick, it's been the one I've been able to tolerate the most out of all I've tried. It hides any blemishes, doesn't make me look or feel greasy, and covers the redness great. My only complaint is that it fades after about 4 hours. No big deal but it's kind of a pain in the butt being "that girl" who is constantly checking her makeup lol.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in green to hide any redness and pimples. It's not that great. But it does somewhat neutralize the redness. It's a little cakey and drying and hard to blend. And difficult to hide the green tint with foundation. But overall, it does neutralize redness not pimples

on 1/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very thick and doesn't do well for dry skin. Fades during the day and sinks into creases.

on 1/25/2012 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used to use the Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow in Navajo underneath a powder eyeshadow but since then Bobbi has discontinued it. I needed something to replace it so I decided to purchase Glacier(see my other review) about this color. Anyway, Glacier did not work so I brought it back and decided to get Bone. However, Bone was out of stock. So the MA told me I would be better off using a concealer as an eye primer and save myself the $ (I did not like the UD primer) . She also said Bobbi did not intend to make these eyeshadows to use as primers but whatever. So, I took her advice and went to my local Target. I decided to purchase Maybelline Cover Up stick in Ivory. Let me tell you she was right! I would have never guessed to do this but it works just as well as her cream eyeshadows! The color Ivory looks just like Bone on my lid except I saved myself about $18.00!! Now, I don't know how it work in the summer heat but for now this is such an awesome product. Also, I use my fingers to apply it and sometimes alternate it with the Bobbi Brown cream brush.

ivory

on 1/22/2012 8:33:00 PM

This is my general go to concealer. Although many claim it's too dry, since I live in warm climate, I can deal with it with no problem. It glides on smoothly. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin, specially if they are considering to use it as an under eye concealer. It covers blemishes flawlessly. The price is great and I think it's a great concealer for anyone who is just getting started with make up. The onyl flaw for me, is that since it's cramy the stick may break inside the packaging.

I have the green corrector concealer stick... it breaks me out incredibly bad and it doesn't spread well. It is cakey and hard to cover the green tone

on 1/11/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this in Ivory and found it too light and too pink for my skin tone. Moreover, this isn't really suitable for dry skin because it looks very cakey on any dry patches, and trying to blend it out results in it just rubbing off, meaning that any blemishes aren't being concealed anymore.

I've figured out a way to use it on dry skin: swipe some on the back of your hand, wait for it to warm up a bit, then mix with a little bit of the foundation/BB cream you're using (the tiniest little blob is enough). This will give you a much better consistency and make it easier to apply and blend. It's also a far better match for me that way. However, it still means that I can't get optimal coverage from this product. I just layer it on top of my foundation, so it works on blemishes that are already fading but still look bad if you don't cover them up. Wouldn't work on anything serious, though.

Overall, not the best concealer. I'm keeping it, but only because I don't need as much coverage anymore.