July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by steflondon88

I must admit i like this one more because it smells yummy. But also i think it Gives you a glow. but its alright....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure about this one. This is my first lush face mask and I will be trying others because this one wasn't my favorite. Yes, it made my skin softer, but didn't do much for my skin, just the softness. It didn't get rid of my acne or anything. I'm really excited to try other masks though and I'm happy I can bring back 5 of the black pots to get a free mask so it wasn't a total waste :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Civies

This was okay. It was my first LUSH product so I didn't know what to expect, but hearing the raves about it everywhere I decided to try out this product and it was just meh. I didn't even finish the small container because I never felt like I needed to.. it didn't appeal to me much. The smell to me isn't that much like chocolate, it's weird. I could have gotten a lot of uses out of it.. I don't know how people are saying 3-4 uses but I didn't finish my container regardless and it expired.

I would probably not repurchase again. I feel like it did nothing for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a small pot, but you get about 3-4 uses, more if you apply less.
Overall I found it ok, but not the best. Here is my pro/con list

Pro:
- smells great - chocolate with orange and mint, very nice,you want to eat it not use it as a face mask
- my skin felt pretty nice afterwards in terms of softness
- has fresh ingredients and less preservatives (hence you have to refrigerate it and it expries in about 3 weeks since it is made)
- I love the little black pots it comes in and that you can collect them and return them for a full mask

Con
- you have to refrigerate it, so you kind of have to plan your LUSH shopping trip, because once you buy it it has to go in the fridge within 4 hours or so...so you couldn't buy it in the morning and have a whole day of school/work with no fridge around
- didn't do much for my skin, except made it a little softer, which any mask will do, I did not see any improvement in pores or skin tone
- applying and taking it off can be a demanding task - it is very thick and can be very hard and time consuming to get off once it dries a little, also messy too
- did nothing for the few pimples I had. I have very mild acne, a pimple here and there, nothing major, but after using the mask for 3 weeks, I did not notice a change at all.

Overall I did not hate this mask, but I don't think i would buy it again. I would try other LUSH masks though, because I love masks and LUSH.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm in two minds about this mask. It smells absolutely amazing like chocolate cake batter with a hint of mint but in terms of the mask making a difference to my skin I'm not really sure.
I have oily skin and this tends to give me a nice matte face after i remove the mask, but the next day i will be a little bit flaky especially around pimples. I also feel like the mask is a bit too rich for my face to use it up enough times before it expires. I have been using it every couple of nights in order to use it up and i think it may have made my skin a little more congested, though whether thats due to the clay bringing out my pimples i'm not sure...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a bit disappointed that the pot was so SMALL (I am used to the bigger LUSH tubs) but that disappointment vanished when I opened it, it smells like chocolate mint ice cream! I apply it to a damp face (after giving it a mild scrub, with Angels on Bare Skin) and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, my skin feels extremely soft and hydrated, and less oily.
I love this product, and will definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first Lush face mask I ever used, and I really like this product. It smells like chocolate with a hint of mint, so I found it pleasant to use, unlike some of Lush's products (I hate strong herbal scents). You have to keep Cupcake refrigerated, so it feels nice and cool when you apply it to your face. I left it on for usually about 10 minutes, at which point it was completely dry, and then rinsed it. This is a thick product, so I was worried rinsing it off might be a bit of an ordeal, but it came off very easily and didn't leave a brown mess in the tub, luckily. Immediately after using Cupcake, I noticed my skin looked less oily and was very soft, and the following day I noticed still less oil, and less blemishes. I only use face masks about twice a week, and I found that you get a LOT of product to use up within the 2 weeks you have before the mask expires. The SA told me you get about 3-5 uses out of each pot, but I literally could have gotten 15 uses. I used this an extra 2 weeks after the expiration date with no problems, but after that it because very hard and dry and rough, so I had to throw it away. But aside from that, this is a fantastic product, and I'd recommend it to anyone with oily/breakout prone/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Bungi654

This product is awesome for oily skin no matter what age. I have the oiliest skin in the world. I combine this with dark angels and J & J baby lotion on my face and its a masterpiece. My face is soft and oil free : ) I dont even wear powder anymore

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I don't know if I have perfect timing or the Lush ladies love me, but this is the 3rd Fresh Face mask I have had given to me for free, and it still had 2 and a half weeks of life left! It is also fantastic, and the only one I have been excited about to the extent that I had to review it (the others I received were Love Lettuce and Crash Course in skincare- these were nice, but did nothing wonderful or terrible enough to want to review). The mask itself smells of chocolate, mint, and maybe grass and comes in the Lush style black pot. It has a very thick and creamy consistency, with a bit of texture from the rhassoul mud in it. It smooths on nicely onto a damp face. Takes about 15 minutes to dry, and removes quite easily for me. I have used this three times now, and it does not break me out at all, as I was sure it would because cocoa butter is quite a heavy moisturizer. What it does do is soothe my irritated, winter beaten face. I shoveled snow for 4 hours yesterday, and had such a raw feeling face. I couldn't wait to get this on it, and when I was done with my little facial, my skin was balanced and happy again. I will be actually purchasing this one in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lush is a bit hit or miss for me, but this is the one product I keep coming back for. I've been using it for years and it seems they've dropped the price recently? I have acne-prone combination skin and this is perfect for decongesting and brightening up my skin. I even use it as a spot treatment on existing zits and find that the clay in it dries up acne quickly. I agree with other posters who have said it's a lot of product to use up within the expiration date - I've been freezing it and thawing out what I need. I'm still looking into whether this is safe or if the addition of something like Optiphen would make it safer? For less than $6.00, this is a great product at any rate.