September 21, 2014 | 1150 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by candyshock134

I really wanted to love this one! :( Unfortunately after trying it three times I realized it was increasing my acne and making my pimples painful red lumps rather than my normal acne. It smelled wonderful and the idea was delicious but I would never buy this one again! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was nervouse because I have very very oily and acne skin. I really like this mask though! Even though there is almond oil and shea butter in it, I didn't notice any new break-outs. My face was soft, yet matte when I rinsed it off. Plus, if you use it before you leave the house for the day, your face smells like chocolate all day! Instant de-stressor. I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is love in a jar. Like all Lush fresh masks, it's very expensive and you have to use it up within a couple of weeks (lasts for maybe 3-4 uses depending on the amount you use), but it does absolute wonders, at least for my sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. It visibly clears my acne up immediately after and for a couple of days after using it. That, along with the divine scent of minty brownies (that lasts long after you've washed it off!) makes it worth it to spoil yourself with this little treasure every once in a while! Your skin and nose will thank you. A warning though, you will be craving chocolate for as long as the smell lingers, which can be days, haha!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by terrib93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I have typical teenage skin: combination, spot-prone with fairly large pores on my nose. I have purchased this mask a few times, and will continue to do so. Why? I love the smell of this product, the best smelling lush face mask by far in my opinion! I also find that this mask works well as it doesnt leave my skin feeling dry, however it balances out the oils in my t-zone and leaves my skin soft with a nice glow. The only thing I dont particularly like about the product is the mess it makes when taking it off! I always get bits of the mask everywhere which can be a bit of a hassle but other than that, really nice product. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by steflondon88

I must admit i like this one more because it smells yummy. But also i think it Gives you a glow. but its alright....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure about this one. This is my first lush face mask and I will be trying others because this one wasn't my favorite. Yes, it made my skin softer, but didn't do much for my skin, just the softness. It didn't get rid of my acne or anything. I'm really excited to try other masks though and I'm happy I can bring back 5 of the black pots to get a free mask so it wasn't a total waste :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Civies

This was okay. It was my first LUSH product so I didn't know what to expect, but hearing the raves about it everywhere I decided to try out this product and it was just meh. I didn't even finish the small container because I never felt like I needed to.. it didn't appeal to me much. The smell to me isn't that much like chocolate, it's weird. I could have gotten a lot of uses out of it.. I don't know how people are saying 3-4 uses but I didn't finish my container regardless and it expired.

I would probably not repurchase again. I feel like it did nothing for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a small pot, but you get about 3-4 uses, more if you apply less.
Overall I found it ok, but not the best. Here is my pro/con list

Pro:
- smells great - chocolate with orange and mint, very nice,you want to eat it not use it as a face mask
- my skin felt pretty nice afterwards in terms of softness
- has fresh ingredients and less preservatives (hence you have to refrigerate it and it expries in about 3 weeks since it is made)
- I love the little black pots it comes in and that you can collect them and return them for a full mask

Con
- you have to refrigerate it, so you kind of have to plan your LUSH shopping trip, because once you buy it it has to go in the fridge within 4 hours or so...so you couldn't buy it in the morning and have a whole day of school/work with no fridge around
- didn't do much for my skin, except made it a little softer, which any mask will do, I did not see any improvement in pores or skin tone
- applying and taking it off can be a demanding task - it is very thick and can be very hard and time consuming to get off once it dries a little, also messy too
- did nothing for the few pimples I had. I have very mild acne, a pimple here and there, nothing major, but after using the mask for 3 weeks, I did not notice a change at all.

Overall I did not hate this mask, but I don't think i would buy it again. I would try other LUSH masks though, because I love masks and LUSH.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm in two minds about this mask. It smells absolutely amazing like chocolate cake batter with a hint of mint but in terms of the mask making a difference to my skin I'm not really sure.
I have oily skin and this tends to give me a nice matte face after i remove the mask, but the next day i will be a little bit flaky especially around pimples. I also feel like the mask is a bit too rich for my face to use it up enough times before it expires. I have been using it every couple of nights in order to use it up and i think it may have made my skin a little more congested, though whether thats due to the clay bringing out my pimples i'm not sure...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a bit disappointed that the pot was so SMALL (I am used to the bigger LUSH tubs) but that disappointment vanished when I opened it, it smells like chocolate mint ice cream! I apply it to a damp face (after giving it a mild scrub, with Angels on Bare Skin) and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, my skin feels extremely soft and hydrated, and less oily.
I love this product, and will definitely buy it again!