LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 10/8/2010 3:16:00 PM

Horrible product!!! The lady at Lush recommend me to use this to calm my acne. I followed all the instructions correctly and it made me break out really bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to lush the other day looking for something that would help my blemishes calm down. I have been breaking out a lot.
The girl at the counter told me this was a perfect mask for people who have acne. She claimed that this is a very soothing mask, and chocolate is actually good for your skin.
I usually never do masks, but i decided to give this a chance. I put it on at night, left it on for 5 minutes like the packaging said. My skin didn't feel any different after taking it off, but i was okay with that. I though i would see results after using it a couple of times. I didn't expect the results to be 5 more blemishes. This mask made me break out, even down on my neck! I wanted to cry, I know it was the mask because I broke out majorly, I have never looked and felt so bad. Anyhow, I don't think it agreed with my skin type. I will never buy this again.

on 9/21/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The mixture is thick and dry but if you put it on a damp face it spread over easily. It feels tight like it might be drawing out oils but having said that it didn't sting my skin or anything. My face looked nice if a little pink afterwards. I wanted to like it because they said its "natural" and "smells gorgeous" but that smell simply REEKS!! Cheap floral toilet cleaner, mint and chocolate cake batter?? A funny blend

PS You might have thought that expensive = quality but Lush products are standard manufactured cheapie skincare marketed to gived you a 2 minute thrill. Lottsa fun presentation and pretty scents yes, I say go for it if you have lots of cash and have no credit card debt. But don't save up your pennies for it. Its all just marketing...

Its rubbish that these are "hand-made", "fresh" and with "fewer preservatives" or the "the youngest, freshest products in the history of cosmetics" like they say on their websites!! They are imported from overseas not even made here in New Zealand. Should you be surprised to hear that they contain heaps of preservatives (parabens) and cheap industrial insecticide/scent (linalonene)?? Probably not with the slabs of the stuff sitting out in the open day after day with customers dripping noses sniffing at them and grubby little fingers poking at the stuff its gonna need heavy duty skin sensitizing industrial microbials to stop the bugs that land on them growing in them. Just think about it, if it really was natural the products would sit behind refrigerated little sneeze-guard counters like in Subway Sandwich bars not open to anyone to handle.

on 8/30/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was okay. It was my first LUSH product so I didn't know what to expect,

on 8/25/2010 10:01:00 PM

I was hoping this mask would help control my oil, but it really didn't do much. My face still looks shiny when I take it off. I feel like the cocoa butter made my face still shiny. But I must say it smells AMAZING. Chocolate and mint. It did not work for my skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This cupcake mask has made my skin a lot smoother and dramatically reduced it's oiliness. It smells great, it smells like chocolate, and a little does go a long way with this product; however this product must be kept refrigerated to prevent it from spoiling.

on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

These are one of the few products that have not impressed me from LUSH. It doesn't smell like cupcake or chocolate, but rather like alot of concentrated chinese incense. It also didn't do much for my oily skin....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was just okay for me. It made my skin a little less oily, but there wasn't much of a noticeable difference. It smells like chocolate frosting and does tighten skin, and I haven't had any break outs from this product.

on 7/20/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mask. Oh, this mask. I've had an obsession with LUSH since I was 14, and I've been buying products here and there for several years. (I even go to the store in Tokyo near my grandma's apartment when I'm there.) This Cupcake mask is one item I keep going back to. I don't have the kind of funds or time to be regularly using the LUSH masks, but when I feel like treating myself, I get a small tub of Cupcake. The smell is absolutely HEAVENLY. It's a true chocolate scent with minty undertones. The consistency is just right; it's not liquid-y and it's not chunky. It feels like heavy mousse. Straight from the fridge, it feels nice and cool on your skin. As for the after effects, the wonderful smell lingers and my skin feels super soft. Unfortunately, Cupcake isn't a miracle worker and I've never noticed a huge improvement in my skin after use. But I don't use it to treat acne or other problems, because I fortunately have my skin under control with my skin regime. I do think it reduces the oil on my face after use, though. I love and use Cupcake because it really is a nice treat to have once in a while, it smells DELICIOUS, and I think it does have a positive (enough) effect on my skin. For a mask that will REALLY save your skin, help fight blemishes and oil, get Indian Healing Clay powder and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (both available at Whole Foods or any health food store). No where NEAR as good-smelling as Cupcake, but it's SO MUCH CHEAPER and very effective.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product didn't really do much for my skin. My skin felt clean after washing it off, so I guess it helped remove some oil. But, I also think it dried my skin out a little bit. It didn't do anything to combat acne or help even out my skin tone or texture. Also, this product smelled nice at first, but when I took it home and applied it I realized that underneath the chocolate was a sort of weird musty smell. It didn't make my skin smell funny, but it also wasn't enjoyable to wear for 10 minutes. I would recommend the I Love Lettuce mask instead-it's much better.