LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 11/6/2010 12:51:00 PM

In my first trip to LUSH, I was obsessed with the store. May I just say, how cool is it that they have things that look like food that you may rub on your skin, hair, and scalp? It really is my favorite store. The SA recommended I try cupcake for my hormonal, teenage skin. It promises to make your skin non-greasy, and control breakouts. I did not like the smell-it's a mix of chocolate and peppermint. When I but it on, it was fine- nothing wrong there. After taking it off, my face felt smooth, and non-greasy. I would recommend using this before going out somewhere! But, I did not see any change in my acne after using this. I would recommend using this after working out at the gym, or a hard day. It needs to be refrigerated, meaning when you put it on your face, it is cold and refreshing. Overall, I would recommend this product- and I will be buying it again. After all, at 5.99, It's a great deal!

on 10/9/2010 4:20:00 AM

My friend tried out this product, and told about how amazing it was, and how soft and clear her skin was the next day so obviously I was excited to try the Cupcake mask out. I got a sample from the store the next day, and before I went to sleep I put it on for ten minutes, then washed it off.

When I woke up the next morning, I saw that I had these awful monster pimples lining my forehead, which previous to the mask had been almost completely clear. It made me break out so bad. It's almost put me off all Lush products.

Also, another friend of mine got a sample of the Love Lettuce, and it also made her break out all over her face, so maybe it might have been due to our skin types, but I definitely don't recommend it.

on 10/8/2010 3:16:00 PM

Horrible product!!! The lady at Lush recommend me to use this to calm my acne. I followed all the instructions correctly and it made me break out really bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to lush the other day looking for something that would help my blemishes calm down. I have been breaking out a lot.
The girl at the counter told me this was a perfect mask for people who have acne. She claimed that this is a very soothing mask, and chocolate is actually good for your skin.
I usually never do masks, but i decided to give this a chance. I put it on at night, left it on for 5 minutes like the packaging said. My skin didn't feel any different after taking it off, but i was okay with that. I though i would see results after using it a couple of times. I didn't expect the results to be 5 more blemishes. This mask made me break out, even down on my neck! I wanted to cry, I know it was the mask because I broke out majorly, I have never looked and felt so bad. Anyhow, I don't think it agreed with my skin type. I will never buy this again.

on 9/21/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The mixture is thick and dry but if you put it on a damp face it spread over easily. It feels tight like it might be drawing out oils but having said that it didn't sting my skin or anything. My face looked nice if a little pink afterwards. I wanted to like it because they said its "natural" and "smells gorgeous" but that smell simply REEKS!! Cheap floral toilet cleaner, mint and chocolate cake batter?? A funny blend

PS You might have thought that expensive = quality but Lush products are standard manufactured cheapie skincare marketed to gived you a 2 minute thrill. Lottsa fun presentation and pretty scents yes, I say go for it if you have lots of cash and have no credit card debt. But don't save up your pennies for it. Its all just marketing...

Its rubbish that these are "hand-made", "fresh" and with "fewer preservatives" or the "the youngest, freshest products in the history of cosmetics" like they say on their websites!! They are imported from overseas not even made here in New Zealand. Should you be surprised to hear that they contain heaps of preservatives (parabens) and cheap industrial insecticide/scent (linalonene)?? Probably not with the slabs of the stuff sitting out in the open day after day with customers dripping noses sniffing at them and grubby little fingers poking at the stuff its gonna need heavy duty skin sensitizing industrial microbials to stop the bugs that land on them growing in them. Just think about it, if it really was natural the products would sit behind refrigerated little sneeze-guard counters like in Subway Sandwich bars not open to anyone to handle.

on 8/30/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was okay. It was my first LUSH product so I didn't know what to expect,

on 8/25/2010 10:01:00 PM

I was hoping this mask would help control my oil, but it really didn't do much. My face still looks shiny when I take it off. I feel like the cocoa butter made my face still shiny. But I must say it smells AMAZING. Chocolate and mint. It did not work for my skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This cupcake mask has made my skin a lot smoother and dramatically reduced it's oiliness. It smells great, it smells like chocolate, and a little does go a long way with this product; however this product must be kept refrigerated to prevent it from spoiling.

on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

These are one of the few products that have not impressed me from LUSH. It doesn't smell like cupcake or chocolate, but rather like alot of concentrated chinese incense. It also didn't do much for my oily skin....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was just okay for me. It made my skin a little less oily, but there wasn't much of a noticeable difference. It smells like chocolate frosting and does tighten skin, and I haven't had any break outs from this product.