LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 8/30/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was okay. It was my first LUSH product so I didn't know what to expect,

on 8/25/2010 10:01:00 PM

I was hoping this mask would help control my oil, but it really didn't do much. My face still looks shiny when I take it off. I feel like the cocoa butter made my face still shiny. But I must say it smells AMAZING. Chocolate and mint. It did not work for my skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This cupcake mask has made my skin a lot smoother and dramatically reduced it's oiliness. It smells great, it smells like chocolate, and a little does go a long way with this product; however this product must be kept refrigerated to prevent it from spoiling.

on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

These are one of the few products that have not impressed me from LUSH. It doesn't smell like cupcake or chocolate, but rather like alot of concentrated chinese incense. It also didn't do much for my oily skin....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was just okay for me. It made my skin a little less oily, but there wasn't much of a noticeable difference. It smells like chocolate frosting and does tighten skin, and I haven't had any break outs from this product.

on 7/20/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mask. Oh, this mask. I've had an obsession with LUSH since I was 14, and I've been buying products here and there for several years. (I even go to the store in Tokyo near my grandma's apartment when I'm there.) This Cupcake mask is one item I keep going back to. I don't have the kind of funds or time to be regularly using the LUSH masks, but when I feel like treating myself, I get a small tub of Cupcake. The smell is absolutely HEAVENLY. It's a true chocolate scent with minty undertones. The consistency is just right; it's not liquid-y and it's not chunky. It feels like heavy mousse. Straight from the fridge, it feels nice and cool on your skin. As for the after effects, the wonderful smell lingers and my skin feels super soft. Unfortunately, Cupcake isn't a miracle worker and I've never noticed a huge improvement in my skin after use. But I don't use it to treat acne or other problems, because I fortunately have my skin under control with my skin regime. I do think it reduces the oil on my face after use, though. I love and use Cupcake because it really is a nice treat to have once in a while, it smells DELICIOUS, and I think it does have a positive (enough) effect on my skin. For a mask that will REALLY save your skin, help fight blemishes and oil, get Indian Healing Clay powder and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (both available at Whole Foods or any health food store). No where NEAR as good-smelling as Cupcake, but it's SO MUCH CHEAPER and very effective.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product didn't really do much for my skin. My skin felt clean after washing it off, so I guess it helped remove some oil. But, I also think it dried my skin out a little bit. It didn't do anything to combat acne or help even out my skin tone or texture. Also, this product smelled nice at first, but when I took it home and applied it I realized that underneath the chocolate was a sort of weird musty smell. It didn't make my skin smell funny, but it also wasn't enjoyable to wear for 10 minutes. I would recommend the I Love Lettuce mask instead-it's much better.

on 6/13/2010 11:58:00 AM

I really wanted to love this one! :( Unfortunately after trying it three times I realized it was increasing my acne and making my pimples painful red lumps rather than my normal acne. It smelled wonderful and the idea was delicious but I would never buy this one again! :(

on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I was nervouse because I have very very oily and acne skin. I really like this mask though! Even though there is almond oil and shea butter in it, I didn't notice any new break-outs. My face was soft, yet matte when I rinsed it off. Plus, if you use it before you leave the house for the day, your face smells like chocolate all day! Instant de-stressor. I will buy again.

on 5/15/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is love in a jar. Like all Lush fresh masks, it's very expensive and you have to use it up within a couple of weeks (lasts for maybe 3-4 uses depending on the amount you use), but it does absolute wonders, at least for my sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. It visibly clears my acne up immediately after and for a couple of days after using it. That, along with the divine scent of minty brownies (that lasts long after you've washed it off!) makes it worth it to spoil yourself with this little treasure every once in a while! Your skin and nose will thank you. A warning though, you will be craving chocolate for as long as the smell lingers, which can be days, haha!

Popular Masks