Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder - it's perfect in the summer when I want something light and natural looking. Some folks have complained about it being cakey, but this is easily corrected by applying the product with a light, fluffy brush. This didn't break me out and kept me matte in extreme conditions. Recently, they've come out with a lot of new colors (super light and dark) and while I use Prescriptives for my work/ going out powder foundation, I use this on days when I want a more relaxed, less heavy look.

on 12/17/2008 11:24:00 AM

I just made my second purchase for this. I use it everyday and it has become the one product i must have when i leave for work. It really helps to keep shine away ass well as making my skin appear even. i do need a touch up midday in the t zone, but that's really just a simple extra swipe... then all is well for the rest of the day> I have it in stay neutral and i'm fair - medium toned... when i tan, i'm more olive so I may need to adjust the color, but overall, i think i could get away with a few different colors of theirs... great product and DIDN'T make my skin break out!!

on 12/4/2008 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great for oilier skins. I'm a PPP and Stay Buff is what I've used for years. This really makes your skin look polished but if you have the slightest dry patch, it will emphasize it. I like this but my skin is more combo than oily and can probably only wear this in the summer because my skin is a little drier in the winter.

on 11/12/2008 1:45:00 AM

Does a good job at keeping my face matte throughout the day. I put it on with a powder brush at 11 AM, and at 8 PM when I take it off, my face is glowing, not shiny, and trust me, I get shiny very very easily. Having only read the mixed reviews after I bought the compact, I didn't have high expectations, but was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. When I first put it on it looked a bit too powdery on my face, but after a few minutes, it just settled in and made me look airbrushed and glowy instead of my usual shininess. It may be too early to say, but I think I'm in love. :) I didn't have a problem of it turning orange on me, and I bought the "translucent" one by the way. Bottom line is that it works for me...try it out at the counter first before you buy though.

on 11/9/2008 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really keeps the oiliness at bay. Also, my make-up stays put longer. Worth the almost $20. Edit: Since using Maybelline dream matte powder; this fails.

on 10/31/2008 9:55:00 AM

Not what I had in mind... makes my skin so nasty... it always ends up looking like i have tons of makeup on, no matter what. Does NOT keep oily skin matte either. Stay away...

on 10/25/2008 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't have oily skin so I haven't had the problems with shine control described by other reviewers. My main issue is probably the opposite problem where the matte finish is slightly (only slightly) chalky and sometimes seems to make my skin a bit dull. But this is probably because I prefer the more glowing look and this isn't a big issue. The thing I like most about this product is that 'airbrushed' look because it provides more coverage than most powders I've seen and it is so efficient to the point where I prefer it to concealer (just build up in problem areas). When I had major acne a few years ago this powder concealed the best and most naturally. This is also my product of choice when I'm in a rush and I just apply it over a moisturised face and it gets rid of shine and imperfections and provides my whole makeup routine. So basically for a five-minute makeup routine this is very efficient but for a more nuanced effect I prefer other products.

on 9/21/2008 3:12:00 PM

I use this product all year except for winter. This is because, when the weather gets so dry, the powder can look too cakey on my dryer skin. However, during the other months my skins is quite shiny, especially in the t-zone. The powder goes on flawlessly, and stays put for most of the day. It does tend to come off throughout the day, but what pressed powder doesn't? I use blotting sheets to help counteract the oilyness. It does not have super thick foundation conerage, it is after all stay-matte SHEER pressed powder. This is good for because I have freckles and don't want to completely cover them. However, becasue I only have minor breakouts, I can use this without really needing concealer. One thing that I would change about the product, it something to keep the sponge from the powder when closed. Or something to clean the sponge. Because the sponge does get sort of cakey/oily/gross. But overall I love the product!

on 9/16/2008 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I usually buy this in Stay Neutral, but recently picked up Invisible Matte at the CCO. Generally, it's a pretty good product; I have used up & repurchased Stay Neutral several times. I am NC20-25ish, very warm tones, with normal/combo skin. Stay Neutral is a perfect match, while I find Invisible Matte to be too yellow toned (and that's saying something since I'm pretty yellow toned myself.) This compact includes a nice big mirror, a generous amount of product & I don't mind the green packaging. I use this powder for touchups throughout the day or with a big fluffy brush as a finishing powder over foundation. It keeps the oilies away pretty well, usually only needing 1 touch-up after several hours of wear. Oily-skinned reviewers seem to have a very different experience, so this is probably best for normal to slightly oily skins. I haven't had any problems with it oxidzing. Stay Neutral leaves a nice "finished" look, not chalky or over-powdered, just a natural not too matte finish. Doesn't look chalky after touch-ups either. On the other hand, Invisible Matte goes on very differently; any more than just a light dusting on my t-zone leaves a very unnatural overpowdered look that settles into my pores & smile lines which aren't noticeable to begin with. Stay Neutral I will repurchase, Inivisble Matte I will not.

on 9/7/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this powder in Stay Spice and it was a perfect match. I got the airbrushed look that I was looking for and I really had the matte look that it promised. The problem-my oilies made their way through about three hours into my day and I still had to blot a few times during the day. I guess nothing keeps you matte all day long. Great product though.