November 27, 2014 | 1378 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a weird product. I am unsure as to whether it does anything for me or not but maybe it's the smell or the hype but I can't seem to be without it. I have a small freebie container I have that is always in my make-up bag. Does it just add a bit of shimmer to my face? Do I just feel really posh brushing it on? Or is is the violet fragrance? Regardless, it has become (albeit somewhat grudgingly) a part of my staples, which are actually fairly limited. Try at your own risk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MYSTIC, the original, is my Holy Grail. THis highlighter subtlely highlights and corrects...no visible shimmer particles like the Beige shade. I worried that the pink balls might look weird on my complexion (I find a lot of highlighters are too pink toned) but thought if it didn't work out, I could pick out the pink ones :-) However, this just brightened! Swirling my kabuki brush over the balls, the different colors seem to magically cover where they are needed. Amazing, holy grail. However, putting too much of this on can sometimes make me look to pale. EDIT: Now that it is summer, this gives me a whitish cast. I'm also disliking the scent. I wonder if it was just the pretty balls that made me rave over this...I've tried aromaleigh perle and that seems better with better mineral ingredients too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by vina1234

Women are suckers for great packaging and pretty colors! Heck I'm one of 'em! Love the balls, love the colors, love the packaging even though it is made of cardboard. And what the heck? I thought the product was going to be larger than what it is. For presentation's sake, Guerlain has used a photo of this product that is about double the actual size of this full size product which is deceiving since it is hard to depict the actual size of the container just by looking at internet photos even though I have passed by this product at Neiman's about 100 times before! Ever since I was a kid! Anyway, I like it but don't love it. And what glow? Haven't seen it yet. It is very translucent. 3 lippies...coz it's too much hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by limwc

After reading so many good reviews, I decided to pick up one for myself in Bangkok airport. I was recommended to buy Mythic 01. I used it for 2 days and I love the texture and the glow in my face. It is definitely worth buying it but Guerlain could definitely improve the packaging. If I can recall, years ago, it was sold in nice metal jars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 4:38:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought a sample to try it since it's so expensive. Needless to say, someone at work (a guy) did a double take and said: "You look...great today. You look...different." He kept looking at my face. I don't know if it was my blush or the powder. Needless to say, am planning to buy the full size. :)

EDIT: Finally bought full-size. And I have no regrets. I think the reason why it works is that the green removes redness, the lavender and pink kinda removes the dark areas of the face while the white ones supply a glow. There IS a glow that happens but somehow you won't detect where it starts or where it ends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I wrote an earlier review of this item but decided to completely rewrite it, since my opinion of it has radically changed. Once upon a time, I was enchanted with Meteorites...but that was before I'd had much experience with cosmetics. I was dazzled by the famous name, the elaborate packaging, the luxury pricing, the glowing editorials, and of course, the reviews right here on MUA.

Eventually, I got distracted by another shiny new makeup item and stopped using the Meteorites for awhile. When I tried them again, I was surprised to find that the pretty glow that they once seemed to impart, was in fact, a slight dusting of silvery microglitter. The packaging, which I'd once been proud to display on my dresser, now looked tacky and over-done. And wasteful too, since the cap created a vacuum effect, causing a puff of powder to burst out of the container every time I opened it.

I tried to recapture the magic by sampling the Beige Chic and Pink Fresh Meteorites, but realized that they too merely added fine glitter to my face (but gold and pink this time instead of silver and white) and did nothing more. Not that there's anything wrong with the discrete use of subtle microglitter to brighten up the complexion, but the quality and delivery system (those annoying balls) is inferior to much cheaper options like MAC's MSFs. I also realized that glitter never looks natural and that I prefer the soft, more realistic sheen that products like Becca's Shimmer Powders provide (especially the Pressed versions).

In conclusion, this is an outrageously over-hyped and over-priced item. It's not terrible, but there are far nicer face powder or highlighter options out there for less money. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by melloly

umm....i still sitting on the fence about this product. I am giving it a 4 though because so far i quite like it, but i dont see anything spectacular yet. I like the packaging, and though the scent can be a bit overpowering at times, i like it. I dont see the 'candle lit' glow everyone else is talking about.......but my skin does look different with this on and without. I have combo/oily skin, and my nose is a LOT oiler than my cheeks. This does NOTHING for oily skin (which is expected, bbecause nothing helps with my oily skin). But i dont have anything to complain about this product..not yet anyway. will update....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in triple pack which include Mystic / Beige Chic / Pink Fresh and one brush. First I tried at the counter and couldnít see any difference at all but still bought it since my friend have been raving about it so much. That night I applied Mystic all over my usual make up and touched up with the Pink Fresh around my cheek and fore head and I got a lot of complement on my complexion and how good I look from people on that outing. Today Iím wearing Beige Chic over my bronzer with no other makeup powder or foundation and I like how I look so heaps. Itís dewy but not so dewy, itís not shimmery and itís glowing without obvious shimmer at all. I can even use it replacing my loose powder for occasion that I donít want to wear makeup but still want to look good. I underestimated this little gems box and now it become the MUST for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm happy that I believed the hype and finally decided to purchase Mystic. At first, you think it's like any other powder but it's so finely milled that skin immediately feels like porcelain. Then, about 5 minutes after application, skin starts to glow. Not the cheap, shimmer and oil glow but a real, candle-lit, soft-focused, chic and refined glow. I'll definately be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by beemer

Definitely one of my favorite recent purchases. I use this as an all over powder after I apply foundation and concealer. It gives my face an even, slightly glowy finish without looking at all powdery. I don't like lots of shimmer all over my face, so I was looking for something subtle that still brightens and highlights. This fits that description perfectly. It also doesn't make me greasy or make my pores more noticeable. I don't care for the scent, but I really don't even notice it much anymore. The scent does not linger after application either. The packaging is terrible (you should get something better than cardboard for the price!) and hard to travel with, but I guess I can deal with it!