July 22, 2014 | 1653 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by melloly

umm....i still sitting on the fence about this product. I am giving it a 4 though because so far i quite like it, but i dont see anything spectacular yet. I like the packaging, and though the scent can be a bit overpowering at times, i like it. I dont see the 'candle lit' glow everyone else is talking about.......but my skin does look different with this on and without. I have combo/oily skin, and my nose is a LOT oiler than my cheeks. This does NOTHING for oily skin (which is expected, bbecause nothing helps with my oily skin). But i dont have anything to complain about this product..not yet anyway. will update....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in triple pack which include Mystic / Beige Chic / Pink Fresh and one brush. First I tried at the counter and couldnít see any difference at all but still bought it since my friend have been raving about it so much. That night I applied Mystic all over my usual make up and touched up with the Pink Fresh around my cheek and fore head and I got a lot of complement on my complexion and how good I look from people on that outing. Today Iím wearing Beige Chic over my bronzer with no other makeup powder or foundation and I like how I look so heaps. Itís dewy but not so dewy, itís not shimmery and itís glowing without obvious shimmer at all. I can even use it replacing my loose powder for occasion that I donít want to wear makeup but still want to look good. I underestimated this little gems box and now it become the MUST for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm happy that I believed the hype and finally decided to purchase Mystic. At first, you think it's like any other powder but it's so finely milled that skin immediately feels like porcelain. Then, about 5 minutes after application, skin starts to glow. Not the cheap, shimmer and oil glow but a real, candle-lit, soft-focused, chic and refined glow. I'll definately be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by beemer

Definitely one of my favorite recent purchases. I use this as an all over powder after I apply foundation and concealer. It gives my face an even, slightly glowy finish without looking at all powdery. I don't like lots of shimmer all over my face, so I was looking for something subtle that still brightens and highlights. This fits that description perfectly. It also doesn't make me greasy or make my pores more noticeable. I don't care for the scent, but I really don't even notice it much anymore. The scent does not linger after application either. The packaging is terrible (you should get something better than cardboard for the price!) and hard to travel with, but I guess I can deal with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lilbit565

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone needs these IMO! They are the perfect finishing touch, like an airbrush, I look breathtaking and radiant without shine, like I am illuminated from an inner glow. Hard to describe, it is a subtle but important difference. For reference I am fair to medium neutral skin, brunette highlighted hair, dark brown eyes. I use the Mythic balls at home and carry the Voyage compact for touchups during the day using a plush kabuki (not the Meteorites brush). Lovely packaging, a bit OTT for some tastes, but very elegantly French. Subtle yet intoxicating scent (for me, the scent invokes fond memories of being a little girl, testing my mother's luxe velvet-like Guerlain powder.) I will never be without Meterorites! Pricey compared to some powders, but lasts for eons, and so well worth it to look stunningly perfect! Sephora has the balls for $48 presently. Really, we pay a lot more for a single pair of shoes that is worn probably no more than two times each week (some only a few times a year or even once!), so why hesitate to spend on something quality to wear daily? There is only one you, I believe in investing in beauty! I'm ordering the silver compact soon, will review Winter Radiance when it arrives :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jaimewahoo

i call these babies my greatest purchase of 2005! i have these in mythic and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, them.....did i mention I LOVE THEM! my skin absolutly glows when i have this on. i have fair to medium skin tone and blonde hair. there is no "shimmer" in this powder but it leaves a beautiful glow to my skin. it's really hard to explain. i put this on as my finishing touch after i apply all of my other makeup and i get compliments on my skin every time i have this on. it's just beautiful in my opnion. the packaging sucks-cardboard! i will never be w/out this product. if i ever run out (which i don't see happening for a really long time) i would definately re-purchase. these were worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by trempot

After hearing about this being a cult fave, I bought a sample size (8g) of the Guerlain Meteorites Mythic 1 from a friend. But with my raves, I'm now thinking of getting the full-sized one. These little balls of color do wonders to brighten my dull skin. I didn't know how to use it at first, but now I just sweep over it with my MAC 129 brush and dust it over my cheekbones as a highlighter after applying blush, and I tell you it does make a difference. I don't know if the individual balls of color will show on my NC30-35 skin, but anyway I'll try that next. I'm slowly getting hooked to this luxe brand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this powder for a year now...I have no idea why I have waited until now to review it! This gives a very subtle, healthy glow on my LLL skin. Its especially good in summer over high-protection sunscreens which give a weird cast to the skin. It doesn't actually cover any problems, but it just makes them less noticable. Prior to this, I used the Physician's Formula version. I liked it, and got similar results, but the Guerlain does it noticably better.

I have the same complaints about packaging as everyone else...I am actually considering buying a PF pearls to transfer the Guerlain into as it has a screw top lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sumona

Not sure if I'm the odd one here. Love the smell! It's not a great powder to use if you want to have a matte look over your foundation. It's a great face highlighter AFTER you have your typical powder on. I use the Meteorites(Mystic 01) as a blush. I am on the fair side with dark brown hair and a hint of this powder makes my cheekbones stand out more without looking like I've use blush...

I don't use a kabuki to apply(a dense, doom shape brush). I use Bare Escentual's flawless application brush for highlighters/blush.

Looks angelic and smells wonderful(reminds me of the violet edu from L'artisan)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princess_toasted_marshmal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this the other day at Neiman Marcus, and I really like it a lot. The guy at the counter said that either the original (which is the one I got) or the Pink Fresh would look good on my NW15 skin. He said also that the Winter Radiance is for those who like a whole lot of shimmer. It was interesting, because he put a bit of eyeliner on my hand and rubbed it off easy, then he put some more on, then brushed Meteorites over it, and I couldn't rub it off! So I brush some on my face, and it gives me some sort of beautiful, etheral, yet natural GLOW. It is most excellent. I was sold on it, and so I bought the little container which the guy said will last me 2-3 years of daily use. It is very pretty but since it is cardboard I don't think it is going to last long (my Dandelion fell apart not to long ago), I think that for 45 dollars they should have something more durable. Oh also the sales guy's tip on this is to brush the Meteorites ALL OVER your face, including your entire eye area, after you have put on everything except lip color and mascara. I found that this is definetly good, because it evens out your skin and gives you a soft glow. Anyway, I adore this stuff so far, and will update in a few months.