April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by trempot

After hearing about this being a cult fave, I bought a sample size (8g) of the Guerlain Meteorites Mythic 1 from a friend. But with my raves, I'm now thinking of getting the full-sized one. These little balls of color do wonders to brighten my dull skin. I didn't know how to use it at first, but now I just sweep over it with my MAC 129 brush and dust it over my cheekbones as a highlighter after applying blush, and I tell you it does make a difference. I don't know if the individual balls of color will show on my NC30-35 skin, but anyway I'll try that next. I'm slowly getting hooked to this luxe brand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this powder for a year now...I have no idea why I have waited until now to review it! This gives a very subtle, healthy glow on my LLL skin. Its especially good in summer over high-protection sunscreens which give a weird cast to the skin. It doesn't actually cover any problems, but it just makes them less noticable. Prior to this, I used the Physician's Formula version. I liked it, and got similar results, but the Guerlain does it noticably better.

I have the same complaints about packaging as everyone else...I am actually considering buying a PF pearls to transfer the Guerlain into as it has a screw top lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sumona

Not sure if I'm the odd one here. Love the smell! It's not a great powder to use if you want to have a matte look over your foundation. It's a great face highlighter AFTER you have your typical powder on. I use the Meteorites(Mystic 01) as a blush. I am on the fair side with dark brown hair and a hint of this powder makes my cheekbones stand out more without looking like I've use blush...

I don't use a kabuki to apply(a dense, doom shape brush). I use Bare Escentual's flawless application brush for highlighters/blush.

Looks angelic and smells wonderful(reminds me of the violet edu from L'artisan)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princess_toasted_marshmal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this the other day at Neiman Marcus, and I really like it a lot. The guy at the counter said that either the original (which is the one I got) or the Pink Fresh would look good on my NW15 skin. He said also that the Winter Radiance is for those who like a whole lot of shimmer. It was interesting, because he put a bit of eyeliner on my hand and rubbed it off easy, then he put some more on, then brushed Meteorites over it, and I couldn't rub it off! So I brush some on my face, and it gives me some sort of beautiful, etheral, yet natural GLOW. It is most excellent. I was sold on it, and so I bought the little container which the guy said will last me 2-3 years of daily use. It is very pretty but since it is cardboard I don't think it is going to last long (my Dandelion fell apart not to long ago), I think that for 45 dollars they should have something more durable. Oh also the sales guy's tip on this is to brush the Meteorites ALL OVER your face, including your entire eye area, after you have put on everything except lip color and mascara. I found that this is definetly good, because it evens out your skin and gives you a soft glow. Anyway, I adore this stuff so far, and will update in a few months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by xsherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'd have to say that i like meteorites. It really gives a nice 'glowing' touch to my face. However, since I'm a fan of 'nude' makeups, the "shimmer" kinda bothers me - although it is really subtle, but it's definitely there whenever I look into the mirror or see someone who wears it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by floraposte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never had much luck with powders, I have quite dry sensitive skin and I just want to take the edge of shine off my tinted moisturizer. This product is the best. It takes off the shine without giving your skin a dead matte finish and it evens out colour tones as well.

The packaging is gorgeous and the little balls of colour are so cute, the look set to be long-lasting as well

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2005 2:12:00 AM More reviews by warriorofice

I must have done something very good at some point in my life, to be lucky enough to come across these things. I have been using Mythic 01 for years, Pink Fresh 02 for quite some time, and I have recently purchased Winter Radiance. I also plan to try Beige Chic 03 in the near future. I have special uses for each. Mythic 01 is my staple -- it is my final step to my finished face, I even use it over the other two powders if I'm wearing them. Makeup artists have discovered that putting certain colours on your face help even the skin tone and make it look naturally gorgeous, which is why the balls are all sorts of crazy colours, like a pack of California Dreams. They flatter the skin and make it GLOW. I wear Pink Fresh 02 for two specific faces; the undone no-makeup look and when I have smokey eyes and nude lips, in which blush or my Dandelion doesn't seem appropriate. It adds colour and luminosity to my very pale skin. Winter Radiance, was of course, purchased for winter, since my skin becomes terribly dry and gray during this time (even though I am currently living in So Cal!) and the pastel colours add that special glow that I am lacking at this time. Therefore, I recommend this product to anyone. Absolutely amazing. It's your skin but better, WAY better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by genuss

Great powder, highlights very subtly and I really enjoy using it. Its probably not the 'be all end all' of powders but it works and is beautiful and I'm very happy I bought it. UPDATE: yeah, I still love the powder, but the packaging is a paaaaaaain to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have wanted to try this product for a long time and I finally decided to check it out when I was at Saks in NYC in October. The MAs convinced me that the new, limited edition "Winter Radiance" was the perfect match for me (I have a fair, peach/pink complexion, blonde hair and blue eyes). I had to agree that it looked fabulous after she applied it and I bought it! She said any of the other colors would have been "ok", but since I have a bit of a pink tone to my skin she was afraid any but the Winter Radiance and Beige would be too pink for my skin. It's great! I use it almost everyday and it hasn't caused my skin to breakout or become irritated at all. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to give their skin a beautiful, healthy, natural "glow"! Pretty expensive but this product will last forever, it seems.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2005 6:18:00 PM More reviews by nikiloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok packaging. Rather expensive and it's not all that great for evening skin tone. Nice subtle shimmer effect but not that impressive.