April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by minniebee

It's hot pink. If you want to try a bold, fun, bright lipstick that is not red you should try this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful color and I find it can be very versatile. If you only wear a bit under some gloss its a very toned down pink and is totally appropriate for day but I wouldn't wear it full on fuschia for a day look, I guess Im just not that brave. Its very fun for summer though. The only reason I wouldnt repurchase is because Im sure theres a dupe out there for a fifth of the price. Its a great color but its nothing unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by purpletiger79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite colors of all time. I love that deep fuschia pink color and this is it! I really like MAC's Amplified lipsticks, I think the color payoff is huge. I use this lipstick with Cherry lip liner, and yes you should always use a cool real red liner with hot pink lipstick. Trust me and try it. It just amplifies the color that much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

Summer time means that I am looking for bold, bold, bold colors to wear, the brighter the better! I've been in love with MAC's Girl About Town for a really long time, but just wasn't sure if I could commit to it for such a lengthy period of time. I mean, I could theoretically only wear it when I was a bit more tan, when the sun was shining outside, when I was feeling particularly flirtatious and outrageous... But then, when I saw it again at the MAC store, I knew I had to have it, pale winter skin or not. And I love it. I mean I really, really, love it, almost enough to give up wearing neutral lips or bright red lips forever. I might be turning into a pink girl, and that's saying a lot for me, as it is difficult to find a good pink for my yellow, NC30 - 40 skin.

Other reviewers have mentioned the color before, but just my own two scents -- Girl About Town is a neutral-cool fuchsia that has a slight sheen to it, no shimmer. And it is so bright, so I recommend keeping the rest of your makeup pared down when wearing this; I tend to go with grey eyeliner, some mascara, and perhaps a bit of luminizer on my cheekbones, so the focus is on my lips. I apply with a lip brush, blot, apply from the tube, blot, apply from the tube one more time, blot one last time, and am set to go. I personally do not use a lipliner with this lipstick and have no problem with it bleeding. The staying power is also good, and lasts through at least two cups of tea.

I'm used to having people look at me when I'm wearing my go-to red (MAC's Ruby Woo), but this is an entirely new breed of lipstick all-together. With the resurgence of pin-up makeup, I think go-to red is more accepted and acceptable; this bright, in your face pink, people are less sure what they should do with. Already I've been approached by people asking me what I'm wearing on my lips, and I can't tell if they're intrigued or totally horrified.

I think that means it's working.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jstrake1

oh boy i love this color!!! it is a beautiful fuchsia-pink that would be complimentary to many skin tones. this lipstick is definitely not your day to day go-to lip color...this is more of a clubbing/concert/night time outing color. i wore this lipstick for the first time a few nights ago and i got so many compliments. it really stands out in pictures...would be great for a girl who likes to pop and set themselves apart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect pink/fuschia with slight sheen. This is an amplified lip color which means it has great coverage and wearability... amazing color.

one of MAC's best!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by CocaineBarbie

SO FXCKING SEXY! Seriously, this is the best lipstick that i have found. It's hot pink outside & in darker/fluorescent lighting, it's purple. It has a glossy finish so i can just put it on and not carry a extra gloss around with me. Once it wears off, it wears off into a lip stain which means that it lasts forever on my lips. Magenta lip liner is a perfect combo with this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by superchivagirl

So.. I never though I could pull off a fushia pink since my skin is olive, but let me tell you! It looks amazing!!! I love bright lipsticks and this one is on my top 3 favorites along with Ruby Woo. I am gonna be a fan for life.. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color screams FUN!! It's a bright pink color ( with purple undertones) that makes any face prettier. I would treat this color though like one of my reds. Since it is a bit flashy, you want to focus on the lips alone. I could pull it off with dark eyes as well, but without any blush or I might look clownish. But overall, I like this color. It's a bit daring and exciting!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the formula of this lippie - so creamy. I tried it on in the store before I purchased, and while I was unsure of how well it complemented my complexion, because I am so yellow, I decided to try it out for a few days at least. (BTW, I am NC 35, MUFE 125). Well I traipsed through Soho, went to Bloomies and had frozen yogurt, and was super impressed with the staying power. Then I tried to wipe it off - for 10 minutes... then with soap and water in the bathroom... on the train all the way home... then at night before I went to bed. Finally today I wake up, and it is finally off my poor throbbing lips! I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so I must be an anomaly or something. This is DEF going back, I could deal if I actually LIKED the stain it left behind, but it looked really cheap and 80s. With that being said - I'm off to exchange for Lickable!