October 24, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by potterobsessed

OMG OBSESSED!
i went into the MAC on walnut street today (philadelphia) and asked for show orchid. show orchid is the most amazing color, but unfortunatly the sales associate told me that they were all out, but that girl about town was a great alternative. turns out, she was right. not only have i stopped wearing gloss with my lipsticks, but its my new favorite color. its absolutly perfect for summer and its bright pink color is all over the runways. im so excited by this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I wanted a lipstick to go with black eyeshadow and this is perfect. Its very pigmented and smooth, and it leaves a slight sheen so its not matte. I use this with magenta lip liner and thats a perfect combo! When i first got it, i wore this almost everyday. Now that ive found other amazing lipsticks. i dont reach for this much, but i wore this for my family xmas photo and i stood out! this lipstick will get you noticed and people will ask what you are wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by OvaryAction

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! Great formula (Amplified is my favorite MAC finish) and a beautiful color.

I use this with Magenta lipliner. Put on your foundation right to the edges of your lips, apply Magenta lipliner carefully. Apply Girl About Town, blot, and apply again. Then trace the outside of your lips with Urban Decay's Ozone lipliner to prevent bleeding.

I find all MAC lipsticks a little drying if you wear them every day, so be sure to keep your lips moisturized and exfoliated --- although the Amplified finish is one of the most forgiving when it comes to dry lips. It's also got a nice sheen, and you don't really have to apply gloss over top.

The color is unique and very striking on pale skintones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I rarely wear it, Girl About Town is a fantastic lipstick. It's hard to resist that color! I love it alone and with gloss (BBW Liplicious in Strawberry Daiquiri looks great), any time when a hot pink is appropriate!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bronzerboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

impulse buy that i do not regret!! i'd been wanting a fuschia lipstick for a while and once i saw pictures and raaave reviews of this lippie online, i was eager to try it out. girl about town gives me the perfectly *Bright* fuschia va va vooom lips i'd been dreaming of... absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! <3 this is lipstick love! i think it's uniquely flattering for all kinds of skin tones and you gotta LOVE the amplified creme formula--such amazing color payoff & a nice sheen to boot

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably one of my top MAC lipsticks! I initially bought this thinking I'd almost never wear it, but I was sooo wrong! I LOVE how this looks on me! I'm not one to usually wear super bold colours, but this brought me out of my shell. It's so gorgeous! Also doesn't dry out my lips as bad as most lipsticks do, especially when I wear chapstick under. Has great lasting power on me. Applied at 7am and didn't have to reapply until 2pm, and ONLY had to reapply because I had just ate and it faded a bit from that. Overall would definitely rec this to anyone looking for a bold pink lipstick! Will also definitely repurchase this one! But one thing I may add(MAC, are you listening?) is the packaging slightly sucks on these MAC l/s. I mean, don't get me wrong, it works well, but when you get to acquire so many MAC lipsticks, it becomes tiresome having to look at every label to find a colour. But of course, that still won't stop me from continuing to buy more MAC lipsticks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by nettiepoo

I tried the gorgeous lipstick at my mac counter and the MUA insisted I try extra amps dazzleglass over top Girl about town, and WOW!! I fell in love! The lipstick itself when I tried it on in the store didnt seem as bright. When I got home and tried it on it seemed WAY brighter, which is ok, I guess. The lipstick has very good color payoff and my 11 yr. old daughter loves it. I blot mine before I apply the extra amps, which it looks much better IMO. I really love it, and highly recomend. Im an NW25 for ref.

Great Summer Lippie!!!

As for buying the product again: maybe, but I would try others first before repurchasing.

I took one lippie off for color not being same as in store sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

such a fun color!!! this is very bold so beware- you can't exactly have dramatic eyes with this (let it be the statement). lasts a really long time and i always get compliments on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by minniebee

It's hot pink. If you want to try a bold, fun, bright lipstick that is not red you should try this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful color and I find it can be very versatile. If you only wear a bit under some gloss its a very toned down pink and is totally appropriate for day but I wouldn't wear it full on fuschia for a day look, I guess Im just not that brave. Its very fun for summer though. The only reason I wouldnt repurchase is because Im sure theres a dupe out there for a fifth of the price. Its a great color but its nothing unique.