December 20, 2014 | 1596 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! It's perfect if your wanting a pretty, bold lip! Not an everyday color for me, but it is great for nights out or if you have light eye makeup on and want some color on your lips. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stains your lip, but I guess that comes with any bright lipstick. I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kam6761

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color!! It's a bright pink, but with a hint of berry tones. Perfect pop of color for summer, and the amplified formula is moisturizing. Unfortunately, it also has the tendency to feather a bit outside of the lips, but a good lipliner and lots of blotting should cut down on any serious problems. Would definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fuchsia lips are so hot right now! I have a couple of other fuchsia lippies but this one is by far the best. This is the amplified formula and is incredibly creamy-this lipstick applies like a dream and covers very evenly. It also has a beautiful soft sheen to and and you don't need a gloss over it. I have been loving fuchsia instead of red on pale skin tones such as mine, and this looks amazing with a cooler blush and a smokey eye for a night out. Love it! Would definitely buy this one again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by potterobsessed

OMG OBSESSED!
i went into the MAC on walnut street today (philadelphia) and asked for show orchid. show orchid is the most amazing color, but unfortunatly the sales associate told me that they were all out, but that girl about town was a great alternative. turns out, she was right. not only have i stopped wearing gloss with my lipsticks, but its my new favorite color. its absolutly perfect for summer and its bright pink color is all over the runways. im so excited by this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I wanted a lipstick to go with black eyeshadow and this is perfect. Its very pigmented and smooth, and it leaves a slight sheen so its not matte. I use this with magenta lip liner and thats a perfect combo! When i first got it, i wore this almost everyday. Now that ive found other amazing lipsticks. i dont reach for this much, but i wore this for my family xmas photo and i stood out! this lipstick will get you noticed and people will ask what you are wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by OvaryAction

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! Great formula (Amplified is my favorite MAC finish) and a beautiful color.

I use this with Magenta lipliner. Put on your foundation right to the edges of your lips, apply Magenta lipliner carefully. Apply Girl About Town, blot, and apply again. Then trace the outside of your lips with Urban Decay's Ozone lipliner to prevent bleeding.

I find all MAC lipsticks a little drying if you wear them every day, so be sure to keep your lips moisturized and exfoliated --- although the Amplified finish is one of the most forgiving when it comes to dry lips. It's also got a nice sheen, and you don't really have to apply gloss over top.

The color is unique and very striking on pale skintones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I rarely wear it, Girl About Town is a fantastic lipstick. It's hard to resist that color! I love it alone and with gloss (BBW Liplicious in Strawberry Daiquiri looks great), any time when a hot pink is appropriate!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bronzerboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

impulse buy that i do not regret!! i'd been wanting a fuschia lipstick for a while and once i saw pictures and raaave reviews of this lippie online, i was eager to try it out. girl about town gives me the perfectly *Bright* fuschia va va vooom lips i'd been dreaming of... absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! <3 this is lipstick love! i think it's uniquely flattering for all kinds of skin tones and you gotta LOVE the amplified creme formula--such amazing color payoff & a nice sheen to boot

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably one of my top MAC lipsticks! I initially bought this thinking I'd almost never wear it, but I was sooo wrong! I LOVE how this looks on me! I'm not one to usually wear super bold colours, but this brought me out of my shell. It's so gorgeous! Also doesn't dry out my lips as bad as most lipsticks do, especially when I wear chapstick under. Has great lasting power on me. Applied at 7am and didn't have to reapply until 2pm, and ONLY had to reapply because I had just ate and it faded a bit from that. Overall would definitely rec this to anyone looking for a bold pink lipstick! Will also definitely repurchase this one! But one thing I may add(MAC, are you listening?) is the packaging slightly sucks on these MAC l/s. I mean, don't get me wrong, it works well, but when you get to acquire so many MAC lipsticks, it becomes tiresome having to look at every label to find a colour. But of course, that still won't stop me from continuing to buy more MAC lipsticks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by nettiepoo

I tried the gorgeous lipstick at my mac counter and the MUA insisted I try extra amps dazzleglass over top Girl about town, and WOW!! I fell in love! The lipstick itself when I tried it on in the store didnt seem as bright. When I got home and tried it on it seemed WAY brighter, which is ok, I guess. The lipstick has very good color payoff and my 11 yr. old daughter loves it. I blot mine before I apply the extra amps, which it looks much better IMO. I really love it, and highly recomend. Im an NW25 for ref.

Great Summer Lippie!!!

As for buying the product again: maybe, but I would try others first before repurchasing.

I took one lippie off for color not being same as in store sample.