September 2, 2014 | 1207 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by OvaryAction

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! Great formula (Amplified is my favorite MAC finish) and a beautiful color.

I use this with Magenta lipliner. Put on your foundation right to the edges of your lips, apply Magenta lipliner carefully. Apply Girl About Town, blot, and apply again. Then trace the outside of your lips with Urban Decay's Ozone lipliner to prevent bleeding.

I find all MAC lipsticks a little drying if you wear them every day, so be sure to keep your lips moisturized and exfoliated --- although the Amplified finish is one of the most forgiving when it comes to dry lips. It's also got a nice sheen, and you don't really have to apply gloss over top.

The color is unique and very striking on pale skintones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I rarely wear it, Girl About Town is a fantastic lipstick. It's hard to resist that color! I love it alone and with gloss (BBW Liplicious in Strawberry Daiquiri looks great), any time when a hot pink is appropriate!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bronzerboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

impulse buy that i do not regret!! i'd been wanting a fuschia lipstick for a while and once i saw pictures and raaave reviews of this lippie online, i was eager to try it out. girl about town gives me the perfectly *Bright* fuschia va va vooom lips i'd been dreaming of... absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! <3 this is lipstick love! i think it's uniquely flattering for all kinds of skin tones and you gotta LOVE the amplified creme formula--such amazing color payoff & a nice sheen to boot

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably one of my top MAC lipsticks! I initially bought this thinking I'd almost never wear it, but I was sooo wrong! I LOVE how this looks on me! I'm not one to usually wear super bold colours, but this brought me out of my shell. It's so gorgeous! Also doesn't dry out my lips as bad as most lipsticks do, especially when I wear chapstick under. Has great lasting power on me. Applied at 7am and didn't have to reapply until 2pm, and ONLY had to reapply because I had just ate and it faded a bit from that. Overall would definitely rec this to anyone looking for a bold pink lipstick! Will also definitely repurchase this one! But one thing I may add(MAC, are you listening?) is the packaging slightly sucks on these MAC l/s. I mean, don't get me wrong, it works well, but when you get to acquire so many MAC lipsticks, it becomes tiresome having to look at every label to find a colour. But of course, that still won't stop me from continuing to buy more MAC lipsticks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by nettiepoo

I tried the gorgeous lipstick at my mac counter and the MUA insisted I try extra amps dazzleglass over top Girl about town, and WOW!! I fell in love! The lipstick itself when I tried it on in the store didnt seem as bright. When I got home and tried it on it seemed WAY brighter, which is ok, I guess. The lipstick has very good color payoff and my 11 yr. old daughter loves it. I blot mine before I apply the extra amps, which it looks much better IMO. I really love it, and highly recomend. Im an NW25 for ref.

Great Summer Lippie!!!

As for buying the product again: maybe, but I would try others first before repurchasing.

I took one lippie off for color not being same as in store sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

such a fun color!!! this is very bold so beware- you can't exactly have dramatic eyes with this (let it be the statement). lasts a really long time and i always get compliments on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by minniebee

It's hot pink. If you want to try a bold, fun, bright lipstick that is not red you should try this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful color and I find it can be very versatile. If you only wear a bit under some gloss its a very toned down pink and is totally appropriate for day but I wouldn't wear it full on fuschia for a day look, I guess Im just not that brave. Its very fun for summer though. The only reason I wouldnt repurchase is because Im sure theres a dupe out there for a fifth of the price. Its a great color but its nothing unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by purpletiger79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite colors of all time. I love that deep fuschia pink color and this is it! I really like MAC's Amplified lipsticks, I think the color payoff is huge. I use this lipstick with Cherry lip liner, and yes you should always use a cool real red liner with hot pink lipstick. Trust me and try it. It just amplifies the color that much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

Summer time means that I am looking for bold, bold, bold colors to wear, the brighter the better! I've been in love with MAC's Girl About Town for a really long time, but just wasn't sure if I could commit to it for such a lengthy period of time. I mean, I could theoretically only wear it when I was a bit more tan, when the sun was shining outside, when I was feeling particularly flirtatious and outrageous... But then, when I saw it again at the MAC store, I knew I had to have it, pale winter skin or not. And I love it. I mean I really, really, love it, almost enough to give up wearing neutral lips or bright red lips forever. I might be turning into a pink girl, and that's saying a lot for me, as it is difficult to find a good pink for my yellow, NC30 - 40 skin.

Other reviewers have mentioned the color before, but just my own two scents -- Girl About Town is a neutral-cool fuchsia that has a slight sheen to it, no shimmer. And it is so bright, so I recommend keeping the rest of your makeup pared down when wearing this; I tend to go with grey eyeliner, some mascara, and perhaps a bit of luminizer on my cheekbones, so the focus is on my lips. I apply with a lip brush, blot, apply from the tube, blot, apply from the tube one more time, blot one last time, and am set to go. I personally do not use a lipliner with this lipstick and have no problem with it bleeding. The staying power is also good, and lasts through at least two cups of tea.

I'm used to having people look at me when I'm wearing my go-to red (MAC's Ruby Woo), but this is an entirely new breed of lipstick all-together. With the resurgence of pin-up makeup, I think go-to red is more accepted and acceptable; this bright, in your face pink, people are less sure what they should do with. Already I've been approached by people asking me what I'm wearing on my lips, and I can't tell if they're intrigued or totally horrified.

I think that means it's working.