Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/17/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

*PIC WITH INGREDIENTS* I really like this eye cream. I'm also a huge fan of Bobbi Brown's corrector, and heard this cream is great to use beforehand for an even smooth coverage. I tried a generous sample and went out and bought the full size asap. It works really well in hydrating the eye area, without making it greasy or shiny, and concealer goes over this like a dream. Excellent product. I don't use this for any anti-ageing benefits, (I use shiseido, and now Neostrata for that) but it's my HG for keeping my eye area well hydrated and concealer looking great.
Retails (here in Greece) for 38.00 euros.
Update: I took one lippie off, because sometimes, if i put too much maybe, it makes me see blurry and that can be very bothersome! I still use it, because it's a must for me before applying concealer, but that blurry bit is irritating.

continued >>

At 22 i have never thought i would need an eye cream but this is HEAVEN!! I have quite dry skin under my eyes and dark circles (no puffiness) and the BB corrector and concealer have been goin on quite cakey recently and 'dry'. I bought this cream and wow what a difference. It blends in so smoothly, no greasiness just hydration. Corrector and concealer smooth on much better and for once my under eye area is looking fresh compared to dry and cakey!! It hasnt done anything for my dark circles but i wasnt expecting it to. I used to think eye creams were just another way for cosmetic companies to make more money and that a normal moisturiser would do, but its not enough, this eye cream is fantastic for hydration and making the under eye area so much fresher when using concealers/correctors

on 5/22/2007 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Well, this is really not significantly better than some other eye creams I have used but it works under the BB corrector a lot better than other eye creams, and as I am addicted to the corrector for better or for worse I now have to use the BB eye cream. It's actually a nice product - leaves the area around the eye somewhat dewy yet sinks in quite fast. There are probably other, perhaps cheaper, eye creams that might work as well but I don't really have the time to keep experimenting...My biggest wish would be a pump bottle or tube of some kind because I really dislike dipping my fingers into the jar. ***EDIT 5/14/08: This got a big demotion when I realized my concealer was slipping around too much during the day. I switched to Cosmedicine Optimologist, which has a very different consistency that still works well with BB corrector.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I have a very dry eye area due to eczema and this is the only thing that works to both hydrate it and/or prep it for BB undereye corrector (and it looks natural under the corrector). I've been using it for years and am on my 3rd little tub. Pricey but my eye area looks better than it did when I was a teenager, nuff said.

on 5/10/2007 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first reaction to this cream was "Huh? Hydrogenated vegetable oil?" Yep, that's one of the ingredients. I am a firm believer that the specific oil combinations used in a product should be clearly identified for allergy reasons. I called Bobbi Brown a few days ago to see if they can provide me a list of the specific oils in this product so I know whether I can use it or not.
** Update **
After two calls to Bobbi Brown over 10 days, no one could tell me what kinds of oil are used, nor did the chemist call me back after they took my information both times and promised follow-up. I shall pass on this product. Manufacturers need to list specific ingredients, esp. on an eye product.

on 5/3/2007 10:16:00 AM

I really like this - it absorbs quickly, doesn't feel sticky. Some eye creams give me a very 'tight' feeling afterword, which feels weird. This one doesn't. I bought samples on e-bay the first time and put them in a jar, but just repurchased a full jar.

on 5/2/2007 4:31:00 PM

This eye cream is a definite improvement over the horrid Extra Eye Balm, but it's certainly no HG cream. I do like the consistency and it's ability to absorb quickly, but it is no miracle-worker. My undereye area is hydrated, but it does not ease the fine lines like it should. I've used it for several weeks, but the only improvement I see is that it is lighter under my eye, which is a good thing. I do agree that the container may be classy on my vanity, but as I use it, it becomes harder to retrieve the cream out of the container w/o getting it all under my nails. If it doesn't pack a spatula, you shouldn't need one .... and you do! Since BB refuses to disclose their product dating codes (so you don't know if your product is fresh or expired), I will not repurchase and instead try alternate products, such as Clarins Eye Concentrate or Estee Lauder products.

on 5/1/2007 11:30:00 PM

This product is not terrible, but it just ins't as rich as I would like in an eye cream.

on 4/7/2007 10:44:00 PM

I received a sample of this and it lasted me nearly two weeks. I have to say, I use lots of different eye creams because the skin under my eyes is extremely dry and concealer always seems to get cakey. This is one of the best I have used. It was much much richer than any other creams I have tried and it really did the trick. No stinging and it felt so smooth and really kept me hydrated. I was very impressed and would highly consider buying in the future.

on 3/19/2007 2:27:00 PM

It stung the first few times I applied it. It does work very well with their concealer, but after a month of use the skin around my eyes became very dry and flaky. Since BB corrector/concealer and eye cream is all I use I blame it on them and particularly on the eye cream. I think it's a good depuffer- hence the stinging, but it depuffs too well- to the point of drying the skin.
Off to look for a real moisturizer for eyes...