September 17, 2014 | 2138 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Emlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift for Christmas and I am in love with it. I've been Useing it for 3 weeks and I havn't noticed a different with my acne and the lightst color ivory is a tad to dark but I add a little bit of macs fix + and it works fine. I have it for oily skin type and it works amazing. It gives medium coverage and stays well a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by shoegal831

Not a fan. My acne is mostly on my chin, around my mouth and neck. It is not red and bumpy, it is mostly whiteheads and cyst like pimples on my chin. My t-zone is oily and my cheeks are dry. This foundation made my t-zone oiler and my cheeks dry. D'oh! The coverage is medium, the finish was dewey. I set it with powder and my face was still a little "glowy". I don't know if it helps with acne because I haven't used it long enough to find out. I'll stick with revlon colorstay instead!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lynear

This foundation is just ok. I got it at Target on clearance for under $4.

PROS:

-very blendable
-nice color
-feels light

CONS:

-minimal coverage
-haven't seen any "healing blemish" qualities
-the bottle is a pain

Overall I'll keep it because it was so cheap. It won't be my go-to foundation, but I'll use it on lax days where I don't need to look amazing or have amazing coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Honey 320. There's not enough yellow undertone in it. When I put it on, it makes me look darker.
I tried it in Sand Sable 260 (one shade up) and it's too light.

But from my experience wearing it a couple of times (mixing the shades), I did like the consistency of the liquid; it's easy to blend. It leaves a nice semi matte finish.

I won't repurchase because I need something that better matches my skin color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by JessicaStacy

This is my go to daily foundation. It provides moderate coverage, but is easily build-able without looking fake or cakey. I have really temperamental cystic acne and recently had a TERRIBLE breakout, like the worst of my life, and this product covered up enough to make me look presentable without looking like a have a full face of makeup. This is the only foundation I have ever tried that does not affect my acne at all. My only gripe is the packaging, but I recently spotted a redo of this product with a pump top! Can't wait to finish off this bottle and get one that is easier to use!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by YelhsaNotgnille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall it was a pretty okay product. It defenatley did not cause any acne, but I'm not entirely sure that it healed. It went on okay, not bad at all but I wouldnt say it was great. Just a very average product with medium coverage. Covers marks and acne scars well, but you might need allitle extra for the bumps. The color I had matched my skin well, so it looked good on me. Very matte finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update: Almay and Revlon have been reassigned to animal testing status, and I am disappointed, but I stand by my original review below. I've removed 1 lippy as after a few years, I've tried new foundations and in comparison, this one is fairly average (hence the 3 rating). I will still recommend this to friends as my skin is unnecessarily difficult to please, and the colour selection is great for yellow-toned individuals (Asians).

-----------------------------

This is very close to being my HG foundation. I've been using it for 2 years and have gone through 4 bottles. Recently, Almay discontinued some foundation shades, and unfortunately, mine was one of them: Honey. I will attempt to find another shade within the line to match my skin, else it's hunting through online stores (www.well.ca is great) until I can find a new staple!

The foundation itself is medium coverage, and can be layered to become full coverage. I don't bother with concealer under my eyes and just dot on a second layer to hide dark circles. I'm not very blemish-prone, but the occasional pimple can be covered easily in this manner as well. The foundation blends beautifully into my skin without sinking into lines. The finish is matte without looking cakey or over-done. I am very oily in my t-zone after about 4 hours usually, but this foundation keeps it relatively at bay so I don't worry about powdering every few hours. If I go that long without powdering, the oil does break through but only appears as a slight sheen instead of an oil slick. The colour does not oxidize and stays true all day. It doesn't rub off or transfer unless I really rub my face against a surface - even napping on a white pillow doesn't result in any transfer!

I am not particularly acne-prone, but I have never had breakouts associated with this foundation. The salicylic acid might make tans fade faster, but I'm constantly heaping on sunscreen to prevent myself from getting darker anyway!

On average this foundation can be found for $13 CAD which is a tiny bit pricey for a drugstore foundation, but by no means does it break the bank. The packaging is not a big deal to me since I just pour a tiny amount onto the back of my hand and apply with my fingers. I've dropped it a few times and it hasn't shattered, and it's very travel-friendly since I've never had it leak.

The only thing that will push this to a 5 is a better colour selection, even more oil control, and as always, a lower price. For now though, no qualms about having this as a staple in my daily makeup routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

EDIT: I spoke too soon. After using this several more times I discovered this stuff was clogging my pores like crazy. I have 15-20 little white bumpy clogged pores right now after only wearing this 5 times. I really wish this didn't clog my skin because I love the way it looks.

I really hate the packaging (really how hard is it to incorporate a pump?!?) but for a product like this I can deal with the crappy package. It doesn't offer heavy coverage but I apply it over benefit's boing concealer and set it with cover fx blotting powder (I'm considering purchasing the normal cover fx powder, however, because the matte blotting powder has no pigment). I haven't noticed less acne but I haven't noticed more which is fine by me. This foundation looks good on my combination skin which is a miracle. (I have oily skin but because of washing with 10% benzoyl peroxide and it being winter I also have some dry patches). This doesn't make my skin any oilier and doesn't accentuate dry patches. Overall, I really like this product and will continue to use over high end make up at least until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MissCaliBrownie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have big pores, chicken pox scars, redness, acne, and dryness; this means having a decent foundation is very important to me. I say this Almay foundation offers light-medium coverage; it evens out my skintone and covers my redness, but it does not conceal acne or other noticeable marks. If you have spots or 'flaws', you WILL need concealer. After moisturizing and priming my face, the foundation goes on smoothly and does not look cakey. I've only applied it with my fingers, but I'm sure a sponge or brush would work as well. If you apply a thin layer on your face and feel that large portions of your skin are still too flawed, a THIN layer of mineral foundation or other powder will help. I don't have sensitive skin, so as long as I wash it off every night, my skin feels fine. The foundation isn't ultra-moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out my face either. I think it's a good foundation, and sorry for the novel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a trip recently when I forgot to pack my makeup. At first I didn't like the chalkiness, but as the day progressed and I looked in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage and the staying power. I think I will use this in the summer when I have trouble keeping makeup on my face. Nice coverage! I'm 43, normal skin, but pretty oily in the summer months. During that time, makeup usually disappears from my face in several hours.
An Update: This has actually become my go-to (even though I have foundations from Estee Lauder, La Mer, Stila, and Paula's Choice. I think that this is the best of all.
UPDATE: This is probably the best foundation I have used! I have access to many of the department store brands, but I do not like any of them as much as this one. I also have used Paula's Choice, and certainly do not like any of those as compared to this one. (Although I do love her skin care products.)
UPDATE: I am upgrading Almay to a 5. I am still using this foundation regularly! (to my surprise), and I have Stila, Estee Lauder, and Paula's Choice currently in my arsenal. I am, however, on the lookout for something less heavy. I just ordered Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy, as I see it has great reviews. Let's hope that they don't discontinue this on us, as the drugstore brands are known to do...keep you posted.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No