December 22, 2014 | 1482 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The buff is a bit light, and I recall agonizing how if I got the darker shade it would be tough to tone down. So i am rocking this in winter with a darker lip or blush to amp up the color. It does not look fake, but I still am searching for a matte holy Grail foundation. This is a bit light in color and lacking coverage for me. I have the old version with no pump, by the way. I will check the color range of
the new product In a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xxcookii

I love it! Gives great coverage and it blends so nicely with my skin ! I'm a nc 20 and neutral 220 works well with my skin. I've used so much " high end " foundation before but I was never satisfy with them . I have very sensitive and acne prone skin, so I'm very cautious about what I put on my skin. Many foundations broke me out ! This one was an exception :)! It was so cheap too ! I will def. Buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by croc101

So they changed the packaging and put up a nice little display at my CVS and that was enough to get me to buy it. I have been looking for a new foundation that helps with my combination skin since recently i found that Colorstay for Oily/combo dried me out a little.
The pump was a plus. I dont know how i used foundation without this before. Application was a little difficult because this foundation dries pretty fast, but i just dotted and blended one part of my face at a time and it worked out fine.
This foundation lasted all through work and I my shine was under control! I only set it with Almay's nearly naked loose powder, which was also a new purchase.
Now the color selection is not very vast, and I feel as though I COULD go down a shade, but I cannot for the life of me find the next shade down! I went to a bunch of different stores and couldnt find it. I picked up shade 300 (which i felt was going to be too dark) and the only other shade down was shade 100 (which would be way too light). 300 is perfectly fine, but I just want to find 200 so I can compare.
Now as for blemish healing, I do not know if it does that, but I can say my skin has not broken out. The oil control is great though and it doesnt over-dry so this is a major winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Mstef

I bought this foundation in sand. I've only used this foundation once but felt the need to write a review because it lasted all day! I have super oily skin, nose, forehead, cheeks, chin, you name it. By the end of the day I felt the oiliest part of my face (sides of nose) and felt NO oil. This foundation comes in a glass pump bottle which is always a plus. Medium to full coverage. I apply with foundation brush. This covers all my breakouts when I pay special attention to blemishes, I just dab some of this on my problem areas. Two cons: small color selection, but the colors they do have are good. No oompa loompa or simpsons shades. Also this foundation seems hard to remove. I use cetaphil normal/oily cleanser & it didnt remove my makeup completely even after two washes. Still impressed though. I'll take more time washing my face at night if it means having a shine free face all day! Hopefully i continue to have success with this foundation & no breakouts. Fingers crossed! Will update review in a couple weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well they finally listened to their customers and added a pump. Of course this increased the price too. I figured it was worth trying so I picked it up. I have been using the acne solutions from clinique and like it but this is half the price. Application was a nightmare. I could not apply without looking streaky and it building up in my pores highlighting them. I tried sponge, fingers and brush and it just looked awful. The best I got it was one thin layer but that didnt cover anything and wasnt buildable either. I was so disapointed, I really wanted this to work. Removal was a pain, I had to do a triple cleanse to get it off and ended up having breakouts because of this. Big fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for about a week, but it is the only foundation that has not broken me out. Even smooth operator broke me out in horrible cysts. I like this okay, but i'm scared my skin is going to freak out if i stop using it.
I am also very surprised this didn't dry my skin out, because i have extremely dry skin. I use my VitaZing underneath and things seem to be going alright. I'm NW10-15 and can wear both Ivory and Buff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Nsgstu3220

At first, I wasn't sure about this product. Itwas at Walgreens on sale for $4, so I thought why not give it a try. I had been using BE mineral makeup over the summer, but after losing a lot of my tan, I needed more coverage for the winter. I tend to have hormonal breakouts, but would consider my skin type to be more combo oily in summer and combo dry ish in winter. This has made my skin a lot more dry. In the morning it makes my face feel extremely tight, even with extra moisturizer and primer, and sometimes cakey and flakey in certain spots. Usually by lunch time its better and just looks normal, not oily not matte. It provides pretty good coverage, I still need concealer for blemishes, but other than that it covers nice. Won't be buying again for winter, but I think it would be great for summer or someone with oily skin. Stays true to color and didn't oxidize on my face, but it was hard to blend (im thinking because of the dry skin issues).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Emlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift for Christmas and I am in love with it. I've been Useing it for 3 weeks and I havn't noticed a different with my acne and the lightst color ivory is a tad to dark but I add a little bit of macs fix + and it works fine. I have it for oily skin type and it works amazing. It gives medium coverage and stays well a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by shoegal831

Not a fan. My acne is mostly on my chin, around my mouth and neck. It is not red and bumpy, it is mostly whiteheads and cyst like pimples on my chin. My t-zone is oily and my cheeks are dry. This foundation made my t-zone oiler and my cheeks dry. D'oh! The coverage is medium, the finish was dewey. I set it with powder and my face was still a little "glowy". I don't know if it helps with acne because I haven't used it long enough to find out. I'll stick with revlon colorstay instead!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lynear

This foundation is just ok. I got it at Target on clearance for under $4.

PROS:

-very blendable
-nice color
-feels light

CONS:

-minimal coverage
-haven't seen any "healing blemish" qualities
-the bottle is a pain

Overall I'll keep it because it was so cheap. It won't be my go-to foundation, but I'll use it on lax days where I don't need to look amazing or have amazing coverage.