MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 7/23/2011 7:24:00 PM

I have always had issues with finding the right foundation that made my skin look flawless and airbrushed. I soon realised that just applying foundation to my skin wouldnt make this happen. I went to a MAC counter and asked for something to make my skin look brighter and less dull. The lady gave me a sample of this and i have never been so happy about a product in my life! It makes my skin look radiant and airbrushed. For the first time the other day a girl asked me what foundation i used and it made me feel good about myself.

I mix this with my foundation, also MAC, and it works brilliantly. I also used the MAC 187 brush to blend and it gives that perfect look to my face that i have always struggled to get. PERFECT =D

on 7/22/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A bit pricey. I wanted something with light reflecting pigments that i could mix with my foundation to detract attention from my slightly scarred chin. This does it. I dont feel it is moisturising enough for my skin to use alone, so if i wanted to use just this then i would have to use my regular moisturiser and serum underneath. Lovely sheen to it, not too pearly which i hate. Really like this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall, I do like this. It makes your skin look naturally radiant and blends in well. My only gripe is that you can only really notice it when first applied. It tends to disappear after half an hour. So I'd rather just use a normal moisturizer and separate highlighter.

on 6/30/2011 4:27:00 AM

Natural and multi-tasking highlighting cream. I am a normal to dry skin girl with fair skintone. This works tremendously while I want a subtle highlight on my cheekbone, bridge of my nose, cupid bone and chin. I also use it to mix with my BB cream or liquid foundation sometimes when I want a more luminous makeup look. A quick-tip from a makeup artist I known recommend to use it on my under-eye areas to neutralize the dark circle. Besides that, it works great when you want to take some studio pictures since it won't be too shine or sparkle under studio lighting.

on 6/26/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

great moisturizer+cream highlighter.i mix it with my foundation for an inner glow effect and its awesome.never though that mac could make a descent skincare product :D
i will definitely repurchase.

Thank you MAC for making this mircale in a bottle. I don't care what it costs, for what it does it's pretty much cheap! I debated getting Strobe Liquid over the Cream but my skin has been so dry and tight I opted for the Cream version hoping it would bring my skin back to life. So happy I did. Not crazy about the smell at first but after 5 minutes I can't smell it at all. The cream is thick and might be heavy on some but I love it. It does do what it claims to do, de-stresses, soothes, makes dull skin look dewy and fresh. Brightens my skin so much that I almost convince myself that I got 8 hours of sleep! Now depends on your skin, you can either use it just as a highlighter or mix it with a foundation (never tried but I will) But if you are like me where your skin has lost all luster & is tight and dry....apply all over your face and down your neck and let it absorb before applying foundation. Sometimes I actually apply this over my tinted moisturizer or on its own. I'm not someone who is confident without my makeup but Strobe really helps. It will give anyone supermodel skin. I will repurchase once I run out. I've had it for 2 months and haven't reached the halfway mark.

on 6/16/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

God this is an amazing moisturizer!! i wish they made a version of it without the peral crap in it, theres alot of anti oxidents and cell communicating ingredients that make your skin look your best<3 i love it but please mac come out with a nonperal version

on 6/15/2011 5:25:00 PM

It is a very nice extra something to keep in my make up bag. Granted, I don't use it every day. Only those days when I want to add a little extra bit of radiance, I add a drop or two to the back of my hand and spread the product on the area I want to highlight.

I decided to purchase this after seeing a makeup artist added the pretty sheen to a model once. What makes this product special from the powder highligher is that the strobe cream doesn't get worn off but the powder ones do. That says, I could keep the glow all day long.

This is how I use the strobe cream:

basic cleansing -> toning -> moisturizing -> strobe cream -> color correcting base with high SPF -> concealer -> loose powder.

Works great so far and will keep purchasing this. :)

on 6/9/2011 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using cream highlighers for years and I love the way it looks. I usually mix a couple drops with my foundation then apply it all over my face for a wonderful glow... I also rub in a little on my neck and collerbones for a night out.

Before using this product, I was using a similar one by estee lauder (can't remember the exact name) but I think they discontinued it and it worked really well. It gave me a pink-ish glow without all the flecks of glitter. It was real smooth looking but this stuff also works well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Otherwise known as a 21 year old's skin in a bottle. Suits me, especially that I am in my mid 30s now *grump*

It is a very versatile product. I am wearing it on the days when the only sunscreen I wear is a mineral one in my make up, I am mixing a good dollop of SC with a tiny amount of foundation (a Polish brand with spf 20, with quite a coverage but light-looking especially mixed with this MAC product) and then spread it all over my face with a stippling brush.

The result is AMAZING, glowing, fresh skin that normally I do not have otherwise. A bit of powder on the T zone and a bit of creamy Maybelline Dream Touch blush and I am looking much fresher and ekhm, let's not hesitste to use this word - younger...

A great ingredients list with lots of antioxydants is a bonus. However it is not hydrating on it's own for my dry skin (I will have to wear a Cetaphil moisturiser underneath).