November 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this! I usually use Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising gel, but when i need a little more moisture I use this. I do use it all over my face and then foundation over the top. It doesn't look really shimmery it just gives my skin a nice glow about it, which I love.

UPDATE: Broke out from this because of fragrance....damn my sensitive skin! So now no fragrances :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is the strobe cream really supposed to be???

Some SAs tell me that this is a moisturizer. Others say "no this is not a moisturizer, it is a primer". While some others tell me that this is to be used as a highlighter :-P

I used to mix this with my foundation when I wanted a glowy look. Now that I have all these other highlighters, I find myself reaching for it less. I have dry skin so I would not use this alone as a moisturizer as this doesn't really moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I love Strobe Cream. A tube of this will last forever since you only need a bit - and too much can ruin the effect! I put some on my cupid's bow, down my nose, and high on my cheekbones for a subtle, shimmery highlight. It gives that inner glow look, and smells fantastic. It also never rubs/melts off, at least on me. It's the perfect accent to any look. I apply it with a travel-sized foundation brush, and blend with my fingers if necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by cheekymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Strobe cream. I use only the teeniest amount and put a dot just above my lips above the cupid's bow, a blended line down the front of my nose, then I draw a line with my finger from my temple, then out and around the top of my cheekbone on either side. Takes years off you and makes you look fresh as a daisy.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by musas

I didn't understand what this cream is supposed to do?? give me luminous skin under my foundation? no it didn't. did it moisturize? i didnt notice that either.
I am still confused. to me its useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not use this as a moitsturiser. I do not put it all over my face in addition to my moisturiser.

What I do is I squeeze a small blob of the Strobe Cream on the back of my hand and then squeeze some of my MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 or my foundation and then squeeze one more small blob of the Strobe Cream and then mix it with my brush.

It gives my face such an amazing glow. I do have oily skin but so far so good (it's Spring at the moment). I hope it still gives a glowy effect in Summer (I hope it doesn't look oily).

EDIT: It is now Summer so I only mix one small blob of this with my tinted moisturiser or foundation. Still gives my face a glowy effect and not oily like I feared =]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a saviour when you have the blahs. We had a really terrible cold winter in Australia this year and I had been really sick. I read reviews on this. I must say I love love this. I mix a tiny bit in with my moisturiser, then a tiny bit with my foundation and finally a tiny bit on my cheeks after my blush. I feel so much more confident with this on. I know this sounds silly! Love great for winter and when you feel old and need some lifting/brightness. Fantastic ingrediants. Will always have this in my stash!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's gorgeous from the inside out, the packaging is incredible but the product is so good too, i don't know why people are hating on this moisturizer/highlighter. it's wonderful for summer/spring days where u dont want to put on ur heavy moisturizer. it goes on like silk, feels like u have nothing on. i love it. use it under any foundation, improves ur skin texture and feel too. Awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I worry some of the time that my recent attraction to frosty things is a sign of my age. I used to love matte everything and was always aiming for a matte finish on my face, for my eye shadows, etc. I never wanted to turn into one of those "over 40" types I'd seen who seemed to wear frosted EVERYTHING. So I wondered about my own sanity when I tried out Strobe Cream. I got a really generous sample from the MAC counter and I have to admit that I love this. It makes my face look dewy (oh, what if that is what was being thought by all those other frosty women I didn't want to become???). But Strobe can be applied with a very light hand for a nice, fresh-faced effect (and it can be used in a more concentrated fashion to provide a highlight after applying your foundation). But I do like a light application of this over my moisturiser, especially if I'm not wearing foundation....it gives a nice, fresh "glow" to my skin if I'm just running out on errands, etc.

I will probably break down and buy the full sized tube at some point. There are so many different ways to use Strobe Cream, from full on, very "showy" to more subtle and I understand it can also be used in place of moisturiser if you don't need a lot of moisture (I'm thinking in warmer weather). So, yes, I think I will purchase this product though I still haven't used up the sample I got (I am very judicious in how much I apply for fear of looking like "mutton dressed as lamb").

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this on a whim probably after a payday as had never tried a highlighter before, its nice and sublte and you get a lot of product, i was not interested in benefit highbeam or moonbeam both were too pink for me and very expensive i have no idea if they have more payoff this is quite subtle on me mac C40 a little pink but still nice good when using cream products as its natural and dewy looking - thik it will last forever hope it does not go off i would use it more if i gave myself more time to get ready in the morning but im always in a rush and end up just sticking to the basics on work days so thats my fault