October 30, 2014 | 1543 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this on and off for ten or so years. When I was very young, it was great. Gave my skin a good cleaning, felt really cool on and I had no issues.
As an adult, it over dries my skin to where i get dry patches. For a few days, it work seemingly work well, then the overdrying would surface. It's a shame because I really liked using it.
with that being said, if you have extremely oily skin, using this in a regular routine would suit you well. At the same time, it's very easy to overuse and cause such extreme dryness. It's a product to be very cautious of in that respect.

I do have very fair, normal/mildly oily skin (I'm very active as well) for reference.

It is also fantastic for sunburns. nothing beats it. Calms down the skin, reduces some redness and helps it heal a bit faster. I always use it on sunburns, on the rare occasion that I get one.

I wouldn't really repurchase since it doesn't get much use and useless for any cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by meeemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you don't use this product I don't know what's wrong with you. My mom used this when she was in high school and then I started getting acne and that's when she introduced me! It's been my best friend ever since(: It cleanses my face very well. Not only can you use this as a face wash but I have come to find out if you cover your face with it and let it dry, your skin comes out silky smooth! I recommend this product to people with acne and dry skin. Noxzema really works girls and boys! It not only works but it's not expensive at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try this product, so when I saw it on sale at Wal-Mart, I had to take advantage of it.

It burns a LITTLE, the first few times you use it, but after that, it's great, especially if you top it off with a little Aloe Vera gel.
It ATE my blackheads away which have been my longest standing problem.
I've never used a jarred cleaser before, so it's pretty different, it MELTS in your hand and feels amazing.
Not to mention that just over 5$ for 334ml of the stuff is a pretty good deal in my opinion.
All in all, if you like the scent of Eucalyptus, a SLIGHT tingle, and your blackheads being eaten away, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by padfoot803

I love this not for cleaning my face, but I use it after I get sunburned. (I live in Florida so this happens more than I would like) What I do is keep it in the fridge, and then rub it completely into the sunburn and it takes the sting out, and since it's cold it feels awesome on burned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

O M G, I got this on sale at Walmart for around a little less than three bucks. I figured I would give it a try, since I heard it was good at cleansing deep and removing make-up at night. I use this at night AND in the morning. It's AMAZING! It cleanses sooo well, makes my skin tingly clean-feeling and smoothe! It's great, and the 12oz. jar has been lasting me for such a long time. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by xxmscheerleader

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Noxzema has been in my family for generations. My grandma used it, my mom used it, my sister used it and now I'm using it. At first, I would use it and be like "Oh this is not helping with my acne at all!" But I still kept using it. I expected my acne to be gone the next day, but you do see results. I keep using it and my skin is definitely clearing up. I recommend this and the noxzema clean blemish control daily scrub for your exfoliater and a light moisturizer afterwords. And of course, if your going outside, you need the good old SPF !!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KylesBeguiles928

One of the most irritating and misguided skincare products on the market. How it's lasted this long is based upon old wive's tale (older people recommending it to the next generation) and nothing else. Horrible base formula laden with volatile compounds that are layers of irritation waiting to happen. Anything that makes your face tingle is just bad news - whether or not your skin shows signs of irritation, the tingle is causing cellular damage. Adding insult to injury, the jar packaging causes the white cream to quickly turn yellow and spoil (although the sooner you rid your life of Noxzema Original Skin Cream, the better it will be). If you prefer a rich-feeling cleanser like this, find a fragrance-free lotion cleanser or even a cold creme used with a wet washcloth - at least then you will not be subjecting your skin to all the menthol, camphor, eucalyptus, and stress. Avoid at all costs!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by rosydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. It doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin, but it does a good job cleaning off the daily grime. It also doesn't aggravate my acne. My favorite thing about it is that it rinses off very easily, unlike other soapy cleansers that leave an annoying film on your face. So I don't feel like I need a toner after I use this stuff, which saves me a step (less is more in my skin care philosophy.) I paid just over $4 at Walmart for it, a pittance compared to more expensive cleansers I've used with less favorable results. It's been around forever for a reason. It leaves my skin soft and cleansed without feeling too tight. Great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mimimd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG, timeless product =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by booboo88

omg! I've been using this for about a week and my skin has done a 180! when I started using it I had about 4 of 5 really bad painful bumps and i had been trying out the clean and clear face wash that has ginger and is supposed to "wake up you" (just awful! using it as hand soap now, smells like Dial) i found this in my medicine cabinet and figured i had nothing to lose. I AM SO IN LOVE! my skin looks awesome, I feel like I could go without makeup! it doesn't dry my skin out or anything! feels great when you use it and smells awesome! this really surprised me but if it keeps working like this i could see it becoming an HG face wash.