October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2005 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lover_bebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this isnt a major deep treatment if u want thick conditionder try the redken allsoft heavy cream. this is meant for frizzy hair to help smooth it down not really repair and damage

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best conditioner I have ever tried. Nothing, works better for my curly frizzie hair. It makes it smooth, straight and shiny. I blow dry and flat iron my hair twice a week, and do quick touch ups with my flat iron every morning. I've done this for a year and my hair is healthy and shiny, and not at all fried. This is my HG conditioner, and I can not live without it. I always keep an extra tube so I'm never without. For me, this works better without heat. Just leave it in longer if I feel I need more conditioning. I owe my beautifull hair to this product and the the Redken heat glide. I will always buy again!!!.
    This works better for curly, frizzie, or coarse hair. If your hair is not dry or curly, All Soft might be a better option for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can not live without this conditioner. It is definitly HG for me. I torture my hair by blow drying and then flat iron it, and this thing does wonders for it. I used to use the heavy cream, but it doesn't compare. This leaves my curly, frizzie, unruly hair, super smooth and soft (not to mention shiny). I find it works better without heat. If you need deeper conditioning just leave it in longer. This conditioner however works better for curly frizzie, or course hair. The smooth down line is designed to provide maximum conditioning, and works better for dry, curly hair. If your hair is straight, or not dry this will be too heavy for you. It is also highly recomended for TR'd hair. If your hair is TR'd, go to verticalsinhair.com for advise on the best products to use. My hair is type 3b and it turns into a big frizzie, kinky looking fro with the first sign of humidity. But not anymore, thanks to this miracle of a conditioner. Search no more, give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was underwhelmed by this product. I used it under heat for an hour after clarifying. When first applied, it made my hair very silky and tangle-free, so I had high hopes. However, after my hair had dried, it was poofy and didn't have much shine, and my hair was a bit tangly and dry-looking. Then it was flat and greasy-looking the next day - go figure. I guess this would be okay for a regular conditioner, but it isn't good as a deep conditioner at all. I'm not sure I'll even use it up as a regular conditioner. (for reference, I have very thick, long, straight, normal hair).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2005 3:49:00 PM More reviews by twostellas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fine, dry hair and this product works great for me. I use it as a daily rinse-out conditioner. When I use Dove Intense Moisture shampoo along with this product, the combination seems to give the best results. Much less breakage over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2005 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Xita

Great moisture treatment. I belive its good for the hair, as the ingredients looks fine by me. There is some cones BUT not bad/heavy once.

I looked at the ALL SOFT heavy cream and noticed a terrible cone "Cyclopentasiloxane". It makes my scalp itch sometimes and its a heavy cone. I do have curly/wavy/frizzi dry brittle hair (thats my original hair status, it even got worse when I had my hair thinned out by an ignorant hairstylist who totally destroyed structure of my hair and my curls are bad..) When I was using ALL SOFT this cream tends to streatch out my curls and make my hair almost straight looking with tons of frizz and my ends looks baaad.... it does make it softer but it doesnt keep my curls or the frizz in shape.

This smooth down butter treat however does makes my hair smooth and soft and KEEPING my curls alive... I Highly rec this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by BethB

***EDITED: I tried this as a daily conditioner, and I'm much happier. It's not enough for a deep treatment, but it provides plenty of moisture for daily use.***

I'm underwhelmed. I had expected a thick. rich treatment, but this conditioner is not as thick as I expected, and the conditioning is just average. I tried this for an hour with heat and found no real difference in my hair. It felt moderately silky, but no more so than usual. It does smell wonderful, however. My hair is thermally reconditioned and colored, so it needs top-notch conditioning, but this just isn't it. I get better results with Pureology's conditioners left on for only 2-3 minutes than this "treatment" left on for far longer..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MuggBeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This completely weighed down my hair, left it feeling all coated and fluffy, not moisturized and smooth. I think this is drugstore quality at best, and much prefer Heavy Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

After my stylist fried my hair by highlighting over previously highlighted hair, (thank you)- she pushed me to try this product. As a conditioner it was very good, but as a leave in it was excellent.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by northbynw

This product makes my hair really soft and slick as soon as I put it in. I usually put some on my ends after I towel dry my hair and that keeps it looking healthy and feeling soft. I wouldn't say that it's transformed my hair, but there has been an improvement and I like the product's texture. UPDATE: After a few months of using this conditioner, it doesn't seem to work nearly as well. My hair's become more dry and the conditioner isn't helping. I switched to Nexxus and there was immediate, dramatic improvement.