Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Sephora has featured this in November for the past couple years as part of their Black Friday deals, where they sell a 8oz bottle for 12$. (Just a heads up to everyone).
This is a GREAT cleanser. I used to have cystic acne, and I'm at the point where my under the skin pimples are gone, but I still have some breakouts on the outside (which is MUCH more preferable). This is a great cleanser, very gentle but also makes my skin soft somehow. I will rebuy.

on 1/27/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a sample of this from Sephora and I have to say that it works fairly well. I wouldn't say its the best cleanser ever, in fact I think its pretty comparable to my usual cleanser Neutrogrena Naturals. It gently removes makeup and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight/stiff. I would purchase this cleanser again IF it was much cheaper. I just cannot justify the price. So I have been sticking with my Neutrongena Naturals that is only $10 instead of the $40 price tag of this cleanser. Don't waste your money!

on 1/25/2014 3:18:00 PM

I wanted to love this product because everyone was raving about it however I was thoroughly disappointed. I used it for almost six months and saw my skin get progressively worse. I paired it up with my clarisonic mia at night but started to develop small bumps in my eyebrow region that eventually became full-fledged acne. Still, I prevailed and experimented with other toners and moisturizers.. The results were frightening.

I agree this cleanser is simplistic and natural which is why it is appealing however I also don't generally wear makeup and was looking for a more high end product. It's very mild and the scent was not overpowering. I'll give it points for that.

on 1/25/2014 4:13:00 AM

This cleanser makes my face feel and look amazing! I seriously look younger after using this. The only thing I wish this cleanser was better at, is getting off all my makeup. I definitely have to use makeup remover with it. It's so worth it though, I love this stuff!

on 1/23/2014 3:23:00 PM

Let me say I was a skeptic of high end facial cleansers. I was at ease with my Cere Ve foaming face wash. I was hesitant to buy this in the full size so I got the $10.00 bottle at Ulta. It seriously cleanses your face like none other. This cleanser left my skin smoothe like a baby's butt...like flakes I have had for years that appear in the winter on my face were gone in 2 days. The smell is pleasantly earthy and is addictive. It removes eye makeup and face makeup like a champ. I will be buying the larger size next time I go to Ulta. Great product and a little goes a long way.

on 1/21/2014 12:00:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser EVER. I love how clean my skin feels. I went through a lot of cleansers trying to find the one. And this is it. Simple, clean and doesn't irratate the eyes.

on 1/19/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

great cleanser, pricey but does a great job for oily skin

on 1/15/2014 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I think I am rating it sort of harshly. I wanted to put 3.5 lippies. Honestly, comparing all the worlds cleansers, I am sure this is actually pretty good. But this is not my HG cleanser. It will dry out skin, it will not completely remove makeup, there will leftover detergent from the cleanser stuck on your skin unless you use a toner. There are other cleansers out there that are probably very good. Examples include clarins cleanser, fresh soy cleanser, and hands down #1 would the bioderma h2o crealine cleanser.

on 1/14/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best facial cleanser on the market. Remove all of your makeup easily without drying out your skin. Leaves no residue and if you have allergies or sensitive skin, this may be the perfect product for you to try. I have been using this to wash my face at bedtime every single night for the last 6+years. I buy it in the supersized 32 oz pump bottle.

on 1/14/2014 1:31:00 PM

I have found my perfect cleanser. This does not only do the job - it does the job WELL! I like everything about it except the funky smell, but it's not something I can't live with.

Also love using this with my Clarisonic!