September 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have used this on and off through the years, but I always go back to it. It is the only cleanser that I really crave using. Seriously, as silly as that may sound. It has a fresh, clean smell, and I feel so clean and fresh after I use it. It doesn't foam, it has a milky texture, and it cleans really, really well. I don't find that it leaves a film, and it rinses easily and completely. When I am done, I feel like my skin is really clean, and not stripped. It removes my makeup completely.

In the winter, there is a period of time I can't use it. I live in northern Minnesota, and our winters are rough. I have a few months where my skin is super dry and gets flaky easily. I have to use an emollient based cleanser during that time.

But especially in the summer months, I really appreciate how fresh Purity makes me feel. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and a bottle lasts a long time. I switch around only because I am just that way--always looking for something new. But I come back to this over and over.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by LovelyTreasure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have heard so many good things about this product, that when I went to Sephora and saw the trial size I went ahead and purchased it. I am so glad it did. I use it after I remove my makeup and clean my skin. I don't see it as a makeup remover, but it does deep clean my skin. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this cleanser on QVC along with Hope In A Jar moisturizer and the Microexfoliating Scrub. Since this was a package deal and it's a high end brand, I'd consider it a good-ish price. I love this product so much :) I don't know if it's my HG or not since I haven't tried that many cleansers, but it just might be. I only had 2 breakouts the entire time I used this (about 2 years). First, I love the consistency, it's milky. The smell is nice, just fresh and clean smelling. It feels really good when you use it, you can tell it's both hydrating and cleaning. My face doesn't feel tight right afterwards (but I use moisturizer too because I have dry skin). But my mom told me we were almost completely out of it, so I had to find a new cleanser (see my review on Simple Refreshing Gel Cleanser). But I'm so tired of it and I found a tiny bottle with a few more uses of Purity in it and it feels amazing to use it again :) It's not tested on animals either which is a GIGANTIC plus. The only cons are the price and that the last two ingredients are parabens. But I recommend this to everyone EXCEPT those with acne-prone skin because I don't think this would do much for acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1blue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A good cleanser that is non foaming and won't dry your skin out. My skin always feels clean and smooth after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Noor86

I wouldn't go without this EVER! A year back I went through a rough patch where I suffered acne around my cheekbone, chin and lip area; so bad that the acne left brown black marks after the spots dried out. I started to use Alpha H liquid gold and thankfully in a month or so the marks had vanished! However after than period I wanted to use something that would avoid me going through all that again, so I ordered in a bottle of Purity and noticed even little bumps on the skin had started to disappear. Everyone was complimenting my skin, they said is looked radiant and glowful. Only recently, I started to use Cetaphil and broke out , and nothing was helping it calm down. It's now been a week since I've been using the heaven send Purity and BAM skin is looking so much better. This bottle does EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS! Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by tinatux

As a girl who wears a ton of makeup every day including waterproof mascara and eyeliner, this stuff is AMAZING! It is the only cleanser I have ever used that gets every bit of makeup off my face and doesn't leave behind any residue. It smells wonderful and leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. A little bit of product goes a long way! The only downside is the price but if you don't mind spending the money the big bottle will last you a year. Also I've seen this product ar Marshalls several times and the big bottle was only $15. LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mxmestiza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing about how great this cleanser was at removing make up, I ran out and bought the 3 oz trial size at Ulta. I was pretty disappointed in it. First of all it smelled like bug spray so I couldn't wait to wash it off my face. I can stand that if it did the one and only thing I ask of it - remove make up and cleanse the face. Sadly, it did not. I had to wash my eye area twice and the second time I used vitamin E oil to help remove the eyeliner and it still left some eyeliner on. Shame! I think for now I will stick with my $5 Oil of Olay foaming face wash with vitamin E oil added since it removes all make up including eyeliner in one go.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by alyssac

Absolute WORST cleanser I have ever tried! I have tried so many cleansers ranging from low to high in price, and let me say this is one of my least favorite of all! After less than a week of use, my face broke out horribly..worse than it ever has before. Painful cystic acne appeared all over my forehead, cheeks and chin. Not to mention, clogged my pores like no other. My skin has never hated a product so much, will NEVER repurchase or recommend to anyone. Please steer clear of this cleanser if you have sensitive acne-prone skin like me. Also, this product is not as "natural" as it claims. Read the ingredients..it will surely surprise you. Very disappointed Philosophy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

Really enjoy this product. I have repurchased this in the largest side that Sephora has 4 times already over the past two years and in between have tried other cleansers as well. It removes a lot of my makeup but beware, it can sting the eye a little if you use it to remove your makeup. When I use this for cleaning my bare face, I just use it once but when I use it to remove my makeup, I use it twice as it removes most everything by the second wash. I have noticed that if I use my clarisonic mia 2 after the second wash, I can still see really (and I mean really, like you have to focus and check) small traces of foundation left but this cleanser is definitely not too shabby. I think that purity may have changed the formulation of this cleanser because the one I just bought a month ago is more watery while the ones before where less watery and foamier when used. I like the older version better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by luvelylyddie7

This product does clean well but I believe it is overpriced. I can't justify buying it again as I see no special benefits. I may be the only person, but I really dislike the smell. It smells of alcohol to me.