April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

This is just okay. I had heard great things and obviously there is quite a bit of popularity for this lipstick so I finally decided to buy it one day when I was on a lippie haul. I have other rimmel lipstick (pink champagne is a favorite) and I think I got a slightly dried out tube of AF. The color is subtle and not really flattering for me just makes me look like I'm wearing lipstick. It's not terrible I just prefer something that does something for my lips and this just doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by windxsong

I bought this lipstick because I'd heard such good reviews on it...however this color was extremely unflattering on my yellow skintone. It was way too light and pink and looked odd against the rest of my face. Definitely would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by LCMinnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this after reading all of the glowing reviews online. I was disappointed with how the colour turned out on me -- Beware, other Asians! Also thought it felt a bit cakey.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by vanessa15

Perfect nude shade of pink! It's not too bright or too dark, so i love it. Glides on smoothly and lasts a long time :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I ordered this from Ulta last winter after reading reviews on MUA. It is a pretty color of pink and it wears on my lips like a perfect MLBB shade but its formula doesn't impress me. I have found Rimmel lipsticks from all their lines to be a bit gritty and nonlasting. Airy Fairy is one of my lippies that I'll get out now and then, use, and then I forget about it. Not one of my go-to lippies. Wouldn't buy any Rimmel lipsticks again, although I might try one of their lip glosses sometime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA for yet another great product recommendation! :) I had basically given up on using drug store lipsticks as they never seem to be pigmented enough. I had read some stellar reviews on here singing the praises of this lipstick so I had to try it out. Boy am I glad that I did! This is very similar to MAC's Modesty lipstick. It's a neutral pink with a flat finish. Definitely a good lipstick for everyday wear. I was afraid that it would be very dry in application but was pleasantly surprised that there was no drag---applied like a dream. I paid $4 for this beauty which is money well spent. The only gripe I have is the smell. It's a cloying caramel-ish smell. It can be a bit sickly smelling at first but I've since gotten used to it. Also, it is a very popular lipstick. I've been to several drugstores only to find that it's sold out. So my advice is to visit the less popular drugstores in your area as it is more likely to be stocked. All in all, a great drugstore find!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mirandaaltha

Personally, I love this color. But only when it's worn in very slight amounts. On fair skin tones too much of this will wash you out, at least in my case. This is still my everyday color, in small amounts under a bright pink or clear lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my everyday lipsticks. The color is basically my lips, but much better. It's a soft, subtle pink with golden undertones which is very flattering for most skintones. It's such an effortless color, so pretty and natural. This lipstick lasts quite a while as well. Be a little careful when applying because it can feather in the corners of your lips, but nothing that can't be fixed. I really love pairing a baby pink gloss over this lipstick. Looks so nice. Everyone should have this lipstick in their makeup bag!

(Giving it 4 lippies because I do wish the packaging was a little bit better)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

This lipstick lasts longer than the Mac lipsticks I use. I really like it. Feel very girly and feminine when I wear this shade. It's not a in your face color, subtle and sweet :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Airy Fairy is the most popular of Rimmel's shade selection, as it's a great every day color that is flattering on several skin tones. The color is a pink-mauve with a golden sheen. The actual color is quite "cool" (purple/blue toned) but because of the golden sheen, it's a bit more wearable on my warm skin tone. I stay away from lipsticks with any traces of purple to them, as they do nothing for me - but because of the popularity of this color, I thought I'd take the opportunity to try it out in a recent swap. I'm not too crazy about it alone, but it looks really pretty under a pink lip gloss. The formula is smooth, applies evenly and feels moisturizing on the lips. It is fairly opaque and builds well for full opacity. Here's what it looks like on my lips: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dh1ITJQNIko/TdA5YUD5PrI/AAAAAAAABpw/soC4vfq5Z8A/s1600/lipstickgloss.jpg