September 2, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

I got this mascara in Clinique's Bonus Time GWP. I have tried a ton of different mascaras in the drugstore because I truly believed that some things aren't worth splurging on....and it's true you can get decent mascara at the drugstore. But! This mascara is on a whole 'nother playing field. First of all the shade (I have) is black and it's a very bold black. I have never tried a black mascara that stands out like this. The brush is lovely and the formula of the mascara is just perfect. The name describes it perfectly...Clinique knocked this one out of the park! The best mascara I have ever used....by far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hopeful but now hopeless.
I had Lasik a few months ago, and soon noticed that my beloved Lancome mascaras were leaving me with red, irritated eyes. It was unfixable; I looked like I was secretly toking up in the company bathroom! And eyeliner just isn't filling the hole left by mascara.
I used to work for Clarins, so I popped into Sears to check with my girls and see what they recommended. Clinique got the short straw - 'it's hypoallergenic, no fragrance, perfect for sensitive eyes. Trust me.'
Le sigh.
The packaging is great. Sturdy, nice green sheen, looks expensive enough. The brush is a thickly bristled thing and scoops up a ton of product. There doesn't seem to be a discernable scent. So far, so good.
I only do one layer traditionally, and that was enough with this mascara. It went on thick and black and left me with thick looking, intense eyelashes. Not terribly natural, but good and black. All good so far.
By mid day my lashes felt heavy and my eyes were getting a bit sore. I starting getting worried. When I went to take it off at bedtime (with an oil cleanser, I am thorough if nothing else), my lashes were stiff and I could knock the mascara off in chunks. Okay. Weird but we're still cooking with gas so far.
This morning...back to the red, sore eyes. No dice. Back to the eyeliner. Bugger.
So, it does get lippies for being a good mascara for most everyone. It is a nice look. Just not for those of us with sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara in a deluxe sample size with my Sephora order, been using it for about 2 months now. The brush is full making it easy to grab at the root of lashes coating them without MISSING any areas. It does add extreme volume & length. HOWEVER, the formula is so thick you must work with QUICK precision to apply multiple coats BEFORE it dries, otherwise you’ll have a clumpy mess on your hands. Formulation is thick & JET BLACK but it leaves the lashes hard with a matte look that I absolutely hate. A long story short if this were a drugstore mascara I probably would re purchase but definitely won’t be playing $16.00 for it. My L’Oreal Volumious Carbon Black is much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Eliz21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Clinique products often, because I have sensitive skin. I love most Clinique makeup products, except for this High Impact Mascara. As soon as I put a second coat of mascara on my eyelashes it instantly begins to clump and dry, which leaves my lashes looking really weird. I hate clumpy eyelashes. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ShellBeauty

I really like wearing the clinique high impact mascara. I've tried many different mascaras in the past but I keep coming back to the clinique mascara. I've even gotten 2 compliments this week on my mascara! A lady thought I had false lashes on! I will definately repurchase this mascara again. No clumps. Doesn't smudge. Just volume and length!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not generally a fan of Clinique mascaras - all the ones I've bought (Glossy, Bottom lash, the fiber one...) were disappointing. However, I got a mini High Impact mascara as a gwp and thought, why not give it a try? I'm glad I did.
Volume? Check. Non-clumpy? Check. Non-smudgy and non-flaky? CHECK. I guess that's enough, isn't it? It gives my lashes a very separated, natural (ish) volume look with no clumps at all. I supposed I *could* have a little bit more volume, but for that I would have to sacrifice the non-clumpy bit. So for now I can say that this is the best non-clumpy volumizing mascara I've used... but if you're looking for huge lashes that will touch your eyebrows, look elsewhere - this gives you a sort of "natural volume" look... which is good enough for me! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mascara. It gives you volume and length, is somewhat buildable, but has a tendency to clump. I use it only because I get contact eczema from most eye products. Otherwise, there are other products out there that are better for much cheaper, like Covergirl Lashblast volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The sales lady talked me into this when I purchased a clinique lotion.

The formula is extremely wet and there is so much product on the brush that it clumps instantly and is near impossible to correct - my top and bottom lashes stuck together and dried. Looks nasty! How can this be their 'best seller'?!

If you completely remove product from the brush head you can get an alright lengthening effect - but then again so would every mascara on the market probably.

I will most likely never try another clinique mascara again. Avoid! Better off with LM full blown volume - been my fav for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this mascara. I found that it did not add length or volume and especially did not hold a curl. I have normal lashes - not too long or short. This mascara wasn't awful, it just wasn't special. I experienced some transferring during the day. Would not recommend or purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

my favorite luxury mascara..doesn't flake, makes my lashes full by 100%!!