July 29, 2014 | 2089 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by decemberstars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing rose-bronze color with golden shimmer. So pigmented but easily blendable and very smooth texture! For reference I am NC30-35, very olive/golden. It lasts all day! As with other NARS powder blushes, this is $25 and comes in a square/rectangular black rubber compact. Love the packaging, but not the material. Gets too dusty from the product and cleaning it is a pain. I'd still buy it again, however. It's more of what's inside the packaging than the packaging itself. This can be built up or applied sheer. If I want more of an oomph with this blush I use my MAC 116 over my MAC 187. Either way, the shade is awesome and unique. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by AnlisaC

I love this blush color. It works best for my yellow tinted skin (I'm Italian/German have blue eyes and dark brown hair. Fits me to a tee! This is a warm rose color. It lasts all day on me and I will be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d skin, 40, MAC C2/NC15. Used for: about a week.
PROS: Lovejoy is a highly pigmented NARS blush that comes off as rose bronze on me, tending towards bronze. On my slightly sun damaged fair skin, the bronze and tiny bit of shimmer (like Sin, not Orgasm) is flattering as it blends some existing freckling I have. Does not turn orange on me throughout the day as many bronze blushes or true bronzers do. Also looks nice w/Albatross, but is obviously a bit more shimmery.
PACKAGING: Typical NARS matte black rubberish finish. I like the small palettes and minimalist design- less waste in your makeup bag. Easy enough to clean, although it does show the shimmer faster than other blush containers.
QUESTIONABLE: The Dolce Vita lip gloss packaged with the Albatross/Lovejoy combo is much pinker than the blush itself-- I'd actually pair Lovejoy with the tawnier DV lipstick. I've also worn LJ with Viva Glam V gloss.
CONS: Very warm, possibly too much so for many skin tones. In my opinion, this reads more as a bronzer should rather than as a straight "blush". Sin is a prettier flush for those looking for more pink/plum pop. Also can appear dry on older skins- using a MAC 187 brush helps with this.
Buy Again? Maybe. Sin's a HG probably for me, so maybe not. I may find this more interesting in the summer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like the last reviewer, I consider this to be mainly a 'summer' blush. The bronzey rose color is perfect when I have a little color, and wear bronze or copper eye colors--otherwise, the color looks muddy and dull. It's also quite pigmented, unlike Orgasm, so I have to be careful not to pick up too much on the brush. This has a bit of golden shimmer, but not over-the-top, and is fine for day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by insertcornynamehere

The perfect bronzey rose shade on my cheeks. I love NARS Blushes to begin with so I am already partial to them...so this review may be biased! =P I am NC30-35 (asian) and this makes my skin glow. Although I think it would look better with summery looks (coppery eyeshadows, bronze eyeshadows and the like), it is definitely wearable year round. One thing I don't like about NARS is their packaging because the rubber is like a shimmer magnet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate hate hate this blush. Yes pretty in pan but damn when I applied this with a skunk brush it looked like someone had just slapped me on the cheeks. Horrible! overhyped and overpriced just like NARS Orgasm. Applied it just seemed muddy and glittery= Glittery Mud on Cheeks= Yuck!
back to Sephora it went.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by taleyn

I bought this in the sephora NARS set with the dolce vita lip gloss. Initially I JUST bought the set for the gloss since it's a gorgeous colour and I dont really like to wear l/p... And continuing... The SA applied this blush really really heavily on my cheeks in the store, another commented it wasn't really right... Being silly I caved in anyway. I kept checking myself in the natural light and it seemed SO muddy and brown! Was congratulating myself on being able to spot a product that wouldn't really work on me till I came back and read the reviews to apply it lightly... I am so glad I took the risk! Most of my blushes are pinkish and peachish and this certainly is a change. It's a beautiful gorgeous rose sheen that makes me look sultry... Well I'd like to think so. I must say it is the most deceiving blush....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovejoy is such a pretty color in the pan, and lovely on many people. On me, however, it is a muddy mess. I don't have particularly cool or warm skin (MAC NW20), but I think that the bronzey-rose is just a little too much for my pale skin, and the shimmer, while lovely, just makes it look like a shimmery, muddy mess on me. The staying power is fine, and it does have a lovely soft texture, but this color does not work on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NARS is one of my favorite cosmetics lines and this blush exemplifies exactly why. It is a deep bronzed rose color with shimmer, and it makes my NC40 skin GLOW. This is my HG blush, and though other blushes come and go in my life, this is the one I turn to at the end of the day. I layer it on ontop of NARS Laguna bronzer, and Lovejoy gives that little pink blush of color that you naturally get after spending time in the sun. It lasts all day, and the color you get in the pan is true. It never gives my skin problems, and a little goes a long way. Unlike some other NARS blushes (Orgasm anyone?) this one doesn't need to be layered on to show up. Just a little dusting and I am ready to go. I don't know how this would look on fair skin, but if you are naturally tan this color is perfect. Will always buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a golden rose blush. Its like Silvana,or Sertao but with more rose,and its just gorgeous. This is more of an orgasmic color than Orgasm.( I personally hate Orgasm's pale peach look-it lacks the intensity of a real experience! ) If you are darker complected,brown,gold or olive skinned this ought to be the bomb.