Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 9/2/2010 3:30:00 AM

I'm sorry that so many have issues with this product. I actually use this liner all the time. I much prefer the control of a brush to any felt tip.This wears really well on me and does NOT smudge, which is what keeps me coming back to it. Luckily, I don't seem to have the flaking problem that so many others have, and I rather like the glossy-ish finish. I will continue to use this even though I'm sure I will always try to find something even better!

on 9/2/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First off, the brush is thin and easy to work with; it takes little effort to make a thin perfect line. I wish I had other compliments to give this product, but I honestly cannot do that. Within a few hours of wear, the liner would flake off my upper-lashline. If you have worked with dark eyeshadows and you have experienced fallout, that is the exact look it gave me (on my cheeks). In addition, you can literally peel it off as if you applied a thin black sticker onto your eyelids... Luckily, I was home when that happened... I don't know what I would have done if I was in public!

Pros:
- Thin brush (thin lines, but you can always make them thicker)
- Easy application
- Super black

Cons:
- It flakes off

Although I have listed more pros than cons, I consider the one con the most important of all. I highly doubt anyone would want to use a product that flakes off in the middle of the day...

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This liquid liner sucks. Yeah its waterproof but it flakes off and the color is SUPER shiny. I actually really like the brush applicator but once its on its terrible. DO NOT BUY

on 7/22/2010 7:34:00 PM

I like this eyeliner for the reason that ironically many people complain about. I am kind of comforted by the fact that this liner peels off because I know there will not be left behind residue around my lash line which are very tough to clean if I used other liners. Also when I wash off the eyeliner it doesn't get murky if it gets into my eyes; even if it did I can pick the little chunk out (sorry for the graphic description).
This eyeliner has never peeled off randomly during the day, maybe because I apply a really thin layer?
The wand is good too:) it is easy to maneuver, and not too thin. The only thing I don't like about this product is that if it gets on my lash, it is kind of hard to peel/wash it off.

on 7/20/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

ughh horrible creation! ok, it's easily applied and the brush gives nice control, but the formula is just gross! it dries super fast but peels no matter what you do :[ it peeled right after i finished applying and fell into my eye >:O so irritated! never again!

on 7/19/2010 7:26:00 PM

I like how this liner goes on smoothly, but I HATE how it begins to peel like paint and flake off. It's fine for a couple hours, but begins to basically fall off. It is waterproof and can survive crying and water rides, but I wouldn't get it again.

on 7/14/2010 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I used this back in high school because it looked like it gave the most product, but too bad the formula sucks. I've used it again just because I ran out of my Wet'N'Wild liquid liner, and it is nothing compared to WnW! Looks too thick and flaky. Not cute.

I wouldn't reccommend this eyeliner at all.

on 7/14/2010 2:48:00 AM

I use to love this liquid eyeliner, it was the very first one I bought. It is waterproof, it lasted through rain and even crying. Recently I started using this again and it did start peeling but like after 7 hours but when I first started using it, it never peeled. Maybe because it went on too thick but it is definitely a lot of product for the price. I would still use this because its super dark.

on 7/13/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

ive heared of that whole peeling thing with this liner. but i LOVE this. its def myt favorite eyeliner; if they ever disconnect it, i would run to the store & pick up their whole stock of this (:

the peeling thing also happened to me, but after playing around with it a little bit, i figured out that... dont put SO much layers on it. dont apply it more than twice on top of each other; DO NOT LAYER IT. because it will peel. but thats not a problem cause its very, very pigmented. the staying power of this is just uhhh-maaa-ziiiing :D it stays on my lids for more than 24 hours; dont ask (:

on 7/13/2010 8:48:00 PM

I bought this liner about three weeks ago, the only reason why I bought it is because I thought that the applicator would be the shape that was on the packaging. When I first used it I was pleased that I was able to have a thin line, but by the end of the day, it had worn off! It was a big mistake buying it, I wasted $6 on it, when I could've bought a different brand. Bottom line: it flakes off, it's not waterproof, the applicator sucks, and it's EXPENSIVE! I regret buying it.