August 1, 2014 | 1106 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by msluvuly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this liner about three weeks ago, the only reason why I bought it is because I thought that the applicator would be the shape that was on the packaging. When I first used it I was pleased that I was able to have a thin line, but by the end of the day, it had worn off! It was a big mistake buying it, I wasted $6 on it, when I could've bought a different brand. Bottom line: it flakes off, it's not waterproof, the applicator sucks, and it's EXPENSIVE! I regret buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lilmissann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I totally thought I was the only one who had the peeling problem with this. It's really a piece of crap. I remember wearing this my junior year of high school and it would start peeling off if I scratched my eye a little. Just wasn't good at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gisi21

This eyeliner is horrible! It goes on easy, but a little while later half of the line is flaked off. It never stays completely on.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by PinkFrosting27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Went on smoothly and easily, but peeled off just like paint would or something! I've never had a liquid liner do that before. Wouldn't reccomend.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by girl923

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liner has a great dark black color when you put on. Problem is, it's hard to apply and it takes a while to dry up. When I apply it, I close my eyes to let it dry for a few seconds, when I open my eyes, it's still isn't dry and smudge my upper eyelids. When I finally got it on perfectly, it cracks a while later. So, the area around my eyes has tiny bits of black. I always carry a mirror when wearing this, to check what's the condition of my liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by shablog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent liquid eyeliner. However, I find it sitting in the back of my makeup drawer because I much prefer the Revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner. The felt tip on the Revlon is easier to maneuver to get a more natural looking line, and the staying power is longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

I really, really don't like this eyeliner. I only bought it because it claims it is waterproof, and I was headed to the beach. In my crazy liquid eyeliner obsesh mood, I thought this stuff would be fine. At first, it was great. The handle is awesome, super easy to grip, and the brush is quite controllable. The liner glides on quite nicely, too.
My problem came with its lasting power. After a few hours in the sun, I walked back to our hotel room and glimpsed in the mirror to see that my eyeliner was literally PEELING. What the heck? I went to scratch at it, and an entire strip of eyeliner just came off. Um, that is so not supposed to happen. I re-applied my eyeliner, thinking maybe it was just the sun. Not so. Whether I'm indoors or outdoors, this eyeliner truly bites. I tried it for about 2 weeks, and I could not take it anymore. The color faded, the liner peeled, and it was nowhere near waterproof. What a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Trixity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The eyeliner itself is easy to apply and goes on really dark. As others mentioned already, it turns dull after drying, it takes a while to try, it cracks, and it peels. Not only that, but after applying it, it gives a kind of heavy, dry feel on my lids. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tonjay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this product again. Although it has a brush for precision, which is great, I don't like how it dries in the creases.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by stellina

Another great find at the drugstore. I was a college student in the early 80s & I've been trying the cat's eye liner look again, so I thought I'd try this based on the reviews (I'm sure I used it back then but it's been so long, I forgot...). I'm very glad I did - I've attempted the look with gels and felt-tip pens without much success. All liquid liners take practice but this takes less because it has a shorter handle and a smaller brush, and it's not too wet. The packaging isn't too exciting but it separates it from other liners with overly long handles that don't give enough leverage to keep your hand steady - in fact, the size & shape of the bottle hasn't changed in decades although the color & design is different. Actually, it would be cool if they brought back the old design... Anyway, I got the brown and it covers well with even one stroke, so I'll be getting the black next.