Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 10/21/2012 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is for Chubby Stick 09 Heaping Hazelnut.
According to industry info, these were first issued in the early 2000's and were okay. They needed to be sharpened by hand; weren't terribly popular and were discontinued eventually. Then one fine day, someone showed a Clinique exec a new way of packaging that was fun, clean and reminded everyone of a crayon. And the new version of the Chubby Stick was born.
Everyone knows, but I'll repeat for the record, these are a tinted lip moisturizer in fun, fat, plastic cases. They screw like a lip balm, contain no SPF and are around $25 Cdn.
Hazelnut is a nice nude with a hint of shimmer. It is quite opaque but not dark by any stretch. It has no scent and is not sticky like a lip gloss. The look is natural and fresh. It reminds me of a sheer lipstick.
The real deal: this does moisturize but not as much as a lip balm so I find myself craving moister lips. The colour is flattering but doesn't last and needs to be reapplied often. So for me this product falls into a crevasse between both worlds - I would rather have a lipstick that I don't have to reapply as often or a lip balm that leaves my lips feeling good. This is both and neither and leaves me dissatisfied.
And one final point - I mentioned the name to my husband and he smirked. No way I can use a product that makes him smirk!

on 10/1/2012 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love the natural look and i love these chubby sticks, i have four now. I find that they moisturise my lips really well, the colours are really lovely and natural and they make my lips look plumper. i would agree with other reviewers who say that you need to touch up as it doesn't have mega staying power. i like touching it up tho and as it keeps my lips in such nice condition its great, especially now winter is approaching. in summer the stick didn't melt and get too soft so i was pleased about that. I really like the pencil rather than lipstick too.
I don't like lipstick that much so I prefer lip glosses. I find a lot of lip stains quite drying on my lips and I dislike sticky lip glosses, the ones where my hair is blown onto my lips and my hair then sticks to my lips due to lip gloss. The chubby does neither of these.
Lovely colours, moisturising, great packaging and plumping to my lips, I love these.

on 9/25/2012 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I was thinking to have my MLBB lipstick because it looks like match my skin well. And yes, I picked Clinique Chubby Stick in Whole Lotta Honey and it is! The chocolate-based color will turn into somewhat plum into my pigmented lips and it is great for everyday use. It leaves my lips moisturized without looking glossy (I hate lip-glosses), but it only stays for an hour or so. I need more than that since the distance between my home to office even more that one hour :D I will not repurchase, because its price is high and not worthy. There are many better MLBB colored-lipstick outhere with the same or even lower price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got two of these but ended up returning them. While they were seriously some of the most beautiful colors ever, there was just too much slip and it ended up wearing for less than an hour. (Definitely no stain afterwards).

Compared to tarte's lipsurgance I much prefer the tarte. (Though I'll add that I use matte lipsurgance pencils).

Overall, if they could make these stay better I'd buy them again in a second but for the price it's just not worth it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful product. I have a soft spot for Clinique so usually pick up their new products. This is a lovely ligloss/lipstick, a creamy consistency that's moisturising while still giving good colour. It's quite similar to Revlon lip butters with a more intense colour. The only bad thing about this product is it comes off easily. I find myself constantly reapplying which I don't mind but that's just me!

on 9/12/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The 02 whole lotta honey, this quiet similar to the Shiseido sheer lipgloss lipstick in S4 Honey tea that discontinued it's amazing, with a normal price $25(in my country), the smell just like honey, sweet, I wear it to school, EVERYDAY, love love love

I've never purchased a Chubby Stick - it's always been a part of a gift with purchase. (And confession - I got some freebies when I was working in PR.) But, they last forever, they are a good alternative to lipgloss - without about the same staying power (not great) but very moisturizing. And there's something about it that is just adorable. The colors are the best - very wearable,even the colors that I would not usually think would work for me - because they are so sheer. Plus, in a pinch, it doubles as a blush touch-up. A great all purpose product to throw in your bag when you are running around all day.

Plus, the older I get the more I am all about the sheer and the moisturizing. Works a lot better - matte lipstick can be aging. DEWY! That's the ticket.

How great is it that I don't have to carry a sharpener?

This product was interesting. I loved how it went on - smooth with a bit of glossy-ness. The one thing i disliked which was a big turn off for me was the fact that this product dries really fast on your lips. I could wear it with clear gloss but that defeats the purpose of me buying it. I don't always want my lips to be super shiny/glossy.

I have been obsessed with these for such a long time! I sometimes find it hard to wear lipsticks on days where my lips are extra extra dry. This formula is moisturising, and fades evenly, does not settle into lip lines and has great pigmentation. They get a lot of rap for not packing a punch but shades like fuller fig, chunky cherry, two ton tomato and pudgy peony are amazingly pigmented! Great colours and so easy to wear. Doesn't last very long, 1-2 hours but I find reapplying is pretty fuss-free. Oh, and a little expensive, but I feel they're worth it!

This colourful lip balm comes in a twisty-ended tube that reminds me of crayola twistable crayons that kids use. The packaging is adorable and so much more fun to use than a little pot or regular stick of balm.

I purchased Super Strawberry. It's just a touch too dark, I wanted something a little brighter. The cherry, peony, candy and mimosa shades look really promising, so I'll be going for one of those next.

Texture is a little heavier than I expected. It's very balm-y, and I had hoped for something a little lighter. My lips felt a little softer for a while even after the balm was wiped away, which is a plus :)

Not the best balm I've ever used, and the super strawberry colour is not quite the bright, red-pink strawberry shade you might expect, but for the fun packaging alone I want to buy another, in a brighter shade.

Popular Lipsticks