April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in hazel and mimosa and I love them both, they can be worn layered together or solo. I have big lips and find many lipsticks to look OTT on me whereas these look so natural on and very stunning!

Love the way they look like crayons too. Very cute concept.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by vionnalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this thing. I bought it in the Hong Kong airport and it was slightly cheaper. Around 20 SGD.

I got the color Chunky Cherry and it is seriously amazing. It is supposed to be a balm, but with my lips I layer the product over Vaseline. Really beautiful finish. Balmy, slightly glossy, but very very natural. People don't even think you are wearing any kind of lip product with this.

I LOVE using this as a blush. It gives me a very healthy, believable blush and glow because of this balmy texture. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this one spontaneously at the Clinique counter, because it was a new arrival, have it in 02 – whole lotta honey. I am very fair and didn’t want anything too much pigmented, for me it’s a perfect nude colour. This is just great for me as it really is more a lipbalm stick with colour than a “moisturizing lipstick”. I usually find these not moisturizing enough or even drying. I would only add a spf to it, then it would be my lipstick no. 1 throughout the whole year.

Edit: have this now also in 03 - fuller fig and am still very happy about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by nir15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to buy this product for SO long now and I finally got it this past weekend. I went to the makeup counter lady asking for a color I could wear everyday that was kind of neutral, but with a hint of color. She recommended Fuller Fig, but also put on Mega Melon. Mega Melon looked a little too pink-peachy on my medium brown skin, so I ended up getting Fuller Fig. It's SUCH a pretty color. i don't know how to describe it but it's kind of a pink-red berry color, i don't know haha. It looks kind of mauve in the stick, but it's definitely red-pink. It's sheer and looks great on darker skin tones, so I would give it a shot. If you want a stronger color, you can definitely build up the color.
They're super moisturizing and last a while on my lips. I can't wait to go back and buy more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by minminXP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although it's supposed to act as a lip balm, I don't think that it's very moisturising. In fact, I find that it dries up my lips a little, so I always put some transparent balm on my lips before applying this on top.

I have the chubby stick in Mega Melon and it looks really natural on me, which is great. I love the colour, though so I'm definitely repurchasing it more for the colour and look than the balm properties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I own chubby sticks in the colors Mega Melon and Mighty Mimosa. And, I absolutely love them!

Mega Melon is of a light, peachy pink color. It is on the sheer side. While, Mighty Mimosa is of a light, pinky-melon color instead. It is a bit more pigmented than Mega Melon. And, it does provide more of a glossy effect to my lips than Mega Melon does.

These chubby sticks aren't very moisturizing. However, that's okay with me. I still adore them anyway!

And, even though they are fragrance free, there's a slight waxy scent to them. However, the scent doesn't linger at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didnt like this. I bought the pink 'watermelon' one and it does have some nice tint of color BUT its not like a balm at all...my lips felt really REALLY dry after using it and I think later they started to even chap!!!

Definitely not worth it...going back to return it later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Great color payoff, awesome packaging, not so great formula.

I like not having to sharpen it, and for not being a real lipstick, it does have great pigmentation. However, I have found that it cant stay put at all! Using a lip liner kind of helps this issue, but its annoying to have to use lipstick tools for a 'non lipstick' to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by manini3

I have these in a few of the new shades (Mighty Mimosa, Pudgy Peony, and Oversized Orange). I love the texture and packaging. I love two of the three shades I purchased - I will be exchanging Mighty Mimosa as it looked too orangey on my fair olive skin tone. The Oversized Orange was perfect, however, and the Pudgy Peony is a super wearable hot pink. That is probably the best shade. I would like to get Bashful Blush - I tried it on it store and it was the perfect nude on me. Would be great with a smoky eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by chloe425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try the new Chubby Sticks for a few months now so when I saw the new spring colors, I bought Mighty Mimosa. Overall, I think the product is very drying, and I had to layer so much color to get a bright pink that it was uncomfortable & gunky looking. This pink, on me, was very light with just 1-2 strokes. I have medium skin, dark brown hair and eyes. I would probably not buy this color again, but would try some of the darker sticks that might have more impact. This would be a good buy for a very natural look.