Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 9/24/2004 4:22:00 AM

Unfortunately this caused me to break out on my T-zones ( I have combo skin with oily t zones). It is tinted and makes me look ashen. It is a great base though under foundation but I can't wear it without foundation - makes me look sick. I really want to wear sunscreen but has yet to find one that doesn't break me out. Will definitely not repurchase.

OOuuffff this sunscreen is spose to be fragrance free, but i hate that sunscreen smell. It leaves my face looking all white and pasty. I regret getting this product. Will not use it anymore. Thank god they refund my money for it!

on 9/20/2004 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great sunscreen. Oil free with great antioxidents. Chemical free and Clinique does no animal testing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i really liked this product. it was perfect for me. it blended into my skin pefectly, it didnt make my skin oily of break out. and i used it everyday and it lasted my over a year. very satisfied

on 9/5/2004 12:04:00 AM

I learned even though this is a good light sunblock, its uva/uvb isn't stable. i don't know if any of you had this problem but i apply a 2nd layer of this, if flakes off for me. I'm not sure if i'll buy this again. I'll go back to Cetaphil as that is stable

on 8/30/2004 11:39:00 PM

I've been using this sunscreen for years! It's oil-free, and offers good protection. It does leave a slight white cast on your skin, but actually I like that - it acts like a make-up base! This is one of those products I apply every day, no matter what.

on 8/25/2004 2:15:00 PM

I've used this for years and I will continue. I use it when I am going to be in direct sunlight but, I find that it does not moisturize enough for me and I need to use a separate moisturizer underneath. This product contains silica which is absorbant. AT times, I actually feel that it dries my skin out, but, then again, this product is not my daily sunscreen, it is only for occasional direct sunlight times. The package is great. There are several antioxidants included. The only thing I would change about the product, is to add a little zinc oxide for better UVA protection because the 8.8% titanium provides UVB and partial UVA. I would also like a bit more moisture in the product. Overall, I will continue to buy it though.

on 8/22/2004 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is an Oil-free sunblock, with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as its active ingredients, which are supposed to provide full spectrum protection against UVA-UVB radiation. However that is NOT true for this sunblock. I have olive toned skin which tans immediately if exposed to sunlight. Despite having used Clinique's Super City Block-25 religiously, for over 4 months now... i noticed that my skin continued to tan and did not seem protected at all. Then I read that though this product offers decent UVB protection(SPF),it may provide little or no protection against UVA radiation...hence the continous browning of my face. Though it lives up to its claim of being Oil-Free and is good for oily, breakout prone skin like mine; it does not provide the sun protection which is the first thing that one looks for in a sun block...will not repurchase.

on 8/15/2004 3:06:00 PM

It's a good sunscreen but too heavy for my skin. I never use foundation and the feeling of having something on my skin bothers me a bit.
It also broke me out a little, nothing horrible just zits in places I never get them. Decided to try Murad and I like it so much better - goodbye Clinique!

on 8/13/2004 5:28:00 AM

I've been using this sunscreen for years. It's good value & very practical for me who has combination skin. It's also water resistant and has a slight hint of color. I live in the hot & humid tropics so this is an essential item in my cosmetic bag