October 25, 2014 | 877 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2004 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I've been using this sunscreen for years! It's oil-free, and offers good protection. It does leave a slight white cast on your skin, but actually I like that - it acts like a make-up base! This is one of those products I apply every day, no matter what.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by donna0101

I've used this for years and I will continue. I use it when I am going to be in direct sunlight but, I find that it does not moisturize enough for me and I need to use a separate moisturizer underneath. This product contains silica which is absorbant. AT times, I actually feel that it dries my skin out, but, then again, this product is not my daily sunscreen, it is only for occasional direct sunlight times. The package is great. There are several antioxidants included. The only thing I would change about the product, is to add a little zinc oxide for better UVA protection because the 8.8% titanium provides UVB and partial UVA. I would also like a bit more moisture in the product. Overall, I will continue to buy it though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2004 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Tulika_24

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an Oil-free sunblock, with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as its active ingredients, which are supposed to provide full spectrum protection against UVA-UVB radiation. However that is NOT true for this sunblock. I have olive toned skin which tans immediately if exposed to sunlight. Despite having used Clinique's Super City Block-25 religiously, for over 4 months now... i noticed that my skin continued to tan and did not seem protected at all. Then I read that though this product offers decent UVB protection(SPF),it may provide little or no protection against UVA radiation...hence the continous browning of my face. Though it lives up to its claim of being Oil-Free and is good for oily, breakout prone skin like mine; it does not provide the sun protection which is the first thing that one looks for in a sun block...will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2004 3:06:00 PM More reviews by maarit

It's a good sunscreen but too heavy for my skin. I never use foundation and the feeling of having something on my skin bothers me a bit.
It also broke me out a little, nothing horrible just zits in places I never get them. Decided to try Murad and I like it so much better - goodbye Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 5:28:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I've been using this sunscreen for years. It's good value & very practical for me who has combination skin. It's also water resistant and has a slight hint of color. I live in the hot & humid tropics so this is an essential item in my cosmetic bag

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by angellical

I'm on my third or fourth tube in probably as many years and I think it's time I try another brand because there's probably something better out there. I don't think this product made me break out (my skin has always been quite active) but I like that I can put it around my eyes without any irritation. Makeup adheres better after application and I always use a loose powder after any sunscreen to kill the shine. Time to experiment with a new product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 11:39:00 AM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edited summer 2013: I'm pretty sure this has been reformulated since I last tried it. It no longer clogs my pores and the texture feels better than it used it, it's easier to rub in and smoother. It's still a bit oily though. I feel this give pretty good protection as it's a little thick and feels substantial. The tint is perfect on my nc 20ish skin tone. This is now in my rotation of tinted physical sunscreens.

Previous review from several yrs ago: This makes me break out and is also oily on me, and my skin isn't very oily to begin with. I'll stick with DDF Organic which never clogs my pores - I was hoping to find something a little lighter for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 2:50:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first daily sunscreen and I am getting on very well with it. Sometimes I use it over a moisturiser, sometimes alone (it is slightly moisturising). It smells nice, is a creamy pale colour that disappears into the skin, and doesn't give me shine or make me break out. So. Apparently its protection is good but not the best so I won't give it 5 lippies. But, for 12 a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

I love this. Thank you BarbiH for recommending it. I have sebhorreic dermatitis and this is the only sunscreen that doesn't irritate my skin, plus the tint in it matches my own skincolor and makes my skin look great. I look like I have great skin when I wear this, plus it doesn't make my skin oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 2:54:00 AM More reviews by svet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice product. Great under makeup and very pleasant to use.