April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - 7 Day Scrub Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Received this as a GWP. Middle of the road scrub for me, which is sad because I like Clinique usually. The scrub itself has a weird texture. Doesn't do much to my skin, as I like it when a scrub 'multi-tasks' (like Bliss'). It made my skin smoother but didn't seem to do anything else (I know, I am picky!!). Broke out slightly after I used it so that was annoying. It is gentle however, but I wouldn't spend the money to actually purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bex9

I also got this as a GWP. I am an exfoiliation junkie, and this product fits right into my collection as my most moisuring exfoiliating scrub and also one of the most gentle. I exfoiliate to help with preventing and treating acne and this never breaks me out, which suprises me still because it leaves my skin feeling nice, not tight and shiney like some others. I am on a couple different prescriptions for my skin and sometimes they can be really harsh and leave me super sensitive and dry and reeeeally flakey, and this scrubg is the BEST for helping with that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink710

I actually quite like this! I'm not a fan of Clinique skincare in general but I got this in a GWP recently and I really, really liked how soft and smooth my face felt. I also felt it moisturized quite well - I didn't feel the need for moisturizer afterwards, but since my skin is on the dry side with the heater on and everything, I put some on anyways. It was a gentle scrub with fine granules that didn't irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

think this product has been reviewed on this site under multiple names - i posted under another title as well. The 7 Day Scrub is one of my favorite Clinique products and really does exfoliate my combo, not very sensitive face as advertised!

TEXTURE: I'd say the consistency of the granulars is smaller and more refined than St Ives Apricot scrub and the grains were also a little smaller than Queen Helene's Mint Julep scrub, but were a little larger than Avon's microexfoliant.....I know, I've tried A LOT of scrubs (more even than mentioned here!), but my COMBO skin really requires me to exfoliate frequently and I'm always searching for the next best thing!

I like the tube packaging - hate the tub/jars that Clinique usually insists on. And this frequently comes as a GWP in a small size which is great since you only need a small amount of product.

Although I REALLY like 7 Day and would highly recommend it, my search for a cheaper version of this has lead me to Queen Helene's Mint julep scrub for only $2.89 USD! In this case, price rules - at least for me :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by rins_revenge

I've never been drawn to Clinique as I've always thought of the brand as plain boring. But I was in need of a good scrub that isn't too harsh so I decided on this one.

Good grief. For one, it hardly lathers at all. Whilst I don't expect scrubs to foam generously the way cleansers do, I didn't expect it to be this bad. It was hard to exfoliate, and I've tried all ways - with dry face/damp hands, damp face/dry hands, damp face/wet hands - and still it was a challenge to rub on. The granules are non-abrasive, which may be good for extremely delicate skins, but they feel so soft it's as though they're non-existent and that you're just rubbing some slimy, milky gel lotion on your face.

No matter how long I rinsed thereafter, the cream left a thin, greasy film on my face... horrors. My skin felt artificially smooth and like it couldn't breathe because something was plastered over it. I had to get rid of this feeling by washing my face again with my regular Estee Lauder Sparkling Mud Purifying Foam Cleanser. Only then did my face feel clean and fresh.

This product is a bummer and serves no purpose at all. I've tried the following products and they work better: St Ives' Apricot Scrub, Neutrogena Pore Refining Peel and the best yet, Estee Lauder's Idealist Micro-D Thermal Skin Refinisher. So I remain on the quest to find a satisfactory daily scrub cleanser... Clinique's goes straight into the bin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 4:18:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I got a small tube of this as a GWP.I have 2 other scrubs from Clinique which is the Exfoliating Scrub and the Pore Minimiser Thermal.I was skeptical about this one as i had problems with the other two.Im pleasantly surprised this worked for me instead as its not too harsh and i used it before i shaved my face.It really makes shaving easier and also does not dry out my face unlike the exfoliating scrub.

Overall,i find this to be good for dry/combination skin types and i will probably get the bigger tube next time.It works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ln_marie_d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this scrub at all. It felt greasy while applying it and left a yucky film on my face after I rinsed it off. I felt like my skin was suffocating. Also I had some minor breakouts the day after using this. Will not purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by evyork

This scrub is great if you are not prone to too much build up on your skin. I use this pretty much daily, and it smoothes very nicely but doesn't really do much to get rid of my dry and dead skin. I'll finish off the tube, but won't repurchase. If you want a scrub that'll shift your surplus skin and general gunk and you want to use it weekly (hence make it last longer) I strongely recommend Clinique's face scrub for men. It's not for sensitive skin, but it does leave you reeeaaaally clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by TammyLynh

I've been searching for the right products for over 4 years. My skin is combination that tend to dry sometimes not only this scrub works, it completely got rid of the dull patches. I'm truly happy. This product is a mazing! I use almost everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by tropicanawithpulp

It made my face so soft and smooth!