April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mcw91089

I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with acne ever since I was 16. I have tried probably everything to get my skin clear. Cleaned up my diet, I drink a lot of water, taken vitamins that are supposed to be good for skin, i've tried probably every drug store cleanser they have to offer, tried proactiv, tried murad, and several other expensive cleansers from places like sephora because I figured since they're more expensive they will probably work better. I've read review after review of people saying "I've tried everything & i'm so happy this worked!" and getting so hopeful that I was going to be one of those people, only to be let down, again! I understand every person is different & what works for some might not work for others. But. This product, is my savior. I got so fed up with all the products I had been using & finally just came to makeup alley & saw that this product had a lot of reviews and a pretty high percentage of people who would buy it again. I was thinking, no way will this work, it's basically a make up remover... after all my years of cleanser searching it felt so weird to try something that didn't promise any sort of treatment or preventing of breakouts. But I said screw it, the worst that could happen is i'd break out, and that happens anyways so whatever! I waited nearly two months to write this review because I wanted to make sure my cleared up skin wasn't just a fluke. Now, I still have some pimples, but SO few, and the ones I do, are easily covered up by make up. & they're smaller and go away so much faster than they used to. My skin was also always very dry, and now it's not. I don't even have to put lotion on my face before I apply make up. Like I said, my skin isn't completely clear, but it's the closest to clear i've been since I was 15 years old. So i'll take it!!

I always liked when people put their routine in their review, so, here is mine:

-I wash my face when I wake up and before I go to bed.
-Unfortunately this cream is in a weird container, I feel like it's unsanitary to keep scooping it out with your hands, so make sure to wash your hands before you do this
-Use a clean wash cloth every time!

1. I wet my face with warm water (not necessary, but I like to do it-makes me think i'm opening pores haha, old habits die hard I guess) then dab my face with a towel because the cream doesn't go on well when your face is wet.
2. Put the cream on, then wait anywhere from 1-5 minutes. Usually i'll put it on then go do something, like get ready for bed, make coffee, whatever. I've read some people have left it on for longer, I wouldn't be opposed to trying this, I just haven't.
3. I take a washcloth and wet it with warm-hot water. I wipe my face off in sections and make sure to use a clean part of the wash cloth for each part. Otherwise I just feel like i'm wiping the "dirty" part around on my clean face. Not sure if that makes sense: like the corner of the washcloth for the left side of my chin, another corner for my ride side, another for my left cheek, another for my right, the middle section of the washcloth for my nose, etc etc etc.
4. Finally I rinse my face with warm water & pat my face dry with a towel.
5. Like I mentioned before I hardly need lotion anymore, but I do put a little bit on. I use Cetaphil daily moisturizing lotion. Just a small bit on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. Very small though.

I know this is a lot, but I really, really love this product & I want whoever has felt as miserable as me because of their skin to try this and hopefully it will be their search will be over!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MonBao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use Ponds' cold cream cleanser as a makeup remover. It removes the eye makeups very well including the waterproof formulas. However, it feels very greasy on the face, and I usually use a towel to rub the greasy feelings off, or use another facial cleanser afterwards. The packaging is nothing extraordinary, and it is affordable in the drug stores for $7-$8 for a decent amount. I would have given this product a 5 rating if it weren't for the parabens, and I would not repurchase the product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by JordanRene

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is as wonderful as they say when it comes to removing all traces of makeup, but unfortunately, I won't be using it because of the nasty, unnecessary chemicals they've added. I thought I could bare with it, and I still occasionally use what I have left, but I've found that olive oil works just as well, if not better, and without the nasty chemicals.

If ponds went back to their original formula, I would most definitely start buying it again, but until then, there's olive oil, and many small businesses that sell all natural cold cream for a fair price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MeKenziePritchard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell reminds me of my grandparents when they offered me Sen-Sen "breath freshener" ! I LOVE IT. Not only is it nostalgic, but It doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin what so ever! No matter how long I leave it on. I have Oily, Sensitive, Acne Prone skin too !! I like to put on a layer and sleep in it. I wake up with nice moisturized refreshed skin! No eye bags! It also helps take my makeup off and from what I can tell clean out my pores! I just started to use it after I wash my face with Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser too for really amazing results!! I would recommend this to people! ♥

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Maybe HG status. After experiencing a horrible breakout on my entire face from Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. I was desperate to find something to soothe my wrecked skin. Not only did my face have a pimple rash all over but it was also very dry and red. I picked up some Ponds because I read a lot of good reviews. Let me tell you IT WORKED. After only two days all the white heads were gone and the little red bumps are disappearing. In the morning I rub it into my face and neck and let it sink in for a few minutes. Then I shower and before I'm ready to get out I wipe the Ponds off with a wet washcloth and rinse with water. At night I first wash my face with Grandpa's Thylox Soap (I just ordered Josoefs Sulfer Soap because I heard it's even better) after I wash that off and pat dry then I rub in the Ponds, let it sit, and remove with some paper towels. I dont rinse with water because I want the most moisture possible at night. Today is the 4th day and my skin looks soooo GLOWY, more than I have ever seen it. I'm also not oily anymore and my complexion looks very even. I can't wait til the rest of these little bumps go away to see the full affects!

I always thought Ponds would be too greasy for my what I thought was oily skin but it actually gives your skin the moisture it needs so it doesn't need to produce more oil. My mom has been using it for as long as I can remember and her skin never looks oily and she rarely gets a pimple. Please try this if you haven't already!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by greenbird

I have combination skin-oily T zone with blackheads and large pores. My cheeks are very dry, and I live in New England. Our winters are long and brutal, and my cheeks become very dry to the point of flaking and chapping around my mouth and cheek area. I'm also 35 years old-I get hormonal acne (breakouts related to my period) and I'm trying to prevent aging skin. Since I'm on Retin A (for acne, but it also have anti-aging benefits)-my facial skin is getting more dry but I don't want to break out. I youtubed "Tanaka facial massage" and followed the Japanese facial massage techniques each night while using this cream. I use this cream not only to deeply and thoroughly remove makeup (waterproof mascara, waterproof gel liner) and waterproof sunscreen-I also this as a nightly regimen to do my facial massage. I read part of Chizu Saeki's "The Japanese Skin Care Revolution" and she also recommends facial massage as a way to tone the facial muscles, for lympathic drainage (addressing puffiness, excess facial fat, dull skin tone) and to prevent wrinkles. I am not Japanese, but am Asian American and tend to trust Asian beauty secrets and products. I use Ponds as a cheap way to deeply remove all makeup & to massage my face for 3 minutes each evening or several evenings a week. In order to prevent breakouts, I do not sleep with this on though I know of other ladies who use it as a rich night cream. After massaging my face with the Tanaka facial massage method, I go over my eye area where most of my waterproof makeup is and lightly massage it gently with my ring or third finger to avoid applying harsh pressure. Then I use a facial cleanser such as Cetaphil, Olay Face Wash, Aveeno, or a Korean foam cleanser from the Face Shop (which I bought for $5.00 on sale). Whenever I have used toner-there is absolutely no residue after completing my regimen. I follow up with Retin A or another night cream. This regimen makes my face very smooth, clear, and there is a glow to my skin that people notice. Youtube Tanaka facial massage, and check out Chizu Saeki's Skincare Revolution. Ponds is filled with mineral oil which people seem to really be against-and I fear it will clog my pores also, which is why I don't leave it on for long periods. However, mineral oil also has occlusive properties of sealing moisture, and the process of massage and sometimes a warm washcloth seems to exfoliate the dead skin also. I have noticed that blackheads that were very deep are softening from the process, and these clogged plugs are coming to the surface-making it easier to remove. In winter, this regimen has diminished the look of flaky, dry, red and/or inflamed skin-even when I go outside in 20 degree weather on a regular basis for extended periods.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How did I not know about this product! Love it!,,,,,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a classic case of how some classics should never be forgotten. I can remember my grandma using this when I was a little girl & it's something I've used for years as well. This takes everything off at night & leaves my skin soft & never dried out. It's funny though because this has NEVER caused a breakout but using unscented mineral oil to take off makeup breaks me out severely. I don't think I'll ever use anything else to take off makeup though, it gets the job done & at a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MrsPehl

Love it! My grandma always uses ponds and so did my great grandma! Smells lovely and it removes everything and anything without over drying or leaving your face greasy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kazaba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this for removing my makeup. I use this in the shower--it gently and COMPLETELY removes all of my eye and face makeup. After I take off my makeup, I use a hydrating exfoliator (Alba's Pineapple Enzyme Scrub) to remove any of the excess oiliness. Simply rinsing the cold cream off is not an option--I find that you need to use a washcloth or an exfoliant.

A little bit goes a long way! A tub lasts me for quite a long time. No dryness, no rubbing, no stinging my eyes. I've been using this for over 8 years, and I haven't ever needed to try something else.