Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 11/10/2012 9:32:00 PM

Horrible.

Way too much money for what it is.

Yes, it controlled my oil, but to the point that it dried my face out and made me look rough, old and haggard.

People at work actually came up to me b/c I looked ''sick.'' My friend said, ''What's wrong? You look SALLOW!!!!"

OMG, it was this makeup.

Furthermore, it goes on patchy, dries too fast, looks cakey and makes you look older than you are.

The formulation is way too opaque and mask-like.

I can only see this ever being appropriate for a red-tie event at night where you need a ''heavy'' and ''done-up'' look. And even then, you can find a better foundation than this.

IN THE TRASH.

on 11/10/2012 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This foundation helps to conceal mild acne but not totally. I think this foundation holds it's hype as a long lasting good finish foundation. They have a nice color range. I wear Rattan and it looks a titch bit light, and wears out a little darker during the day. This is all around a good foundation for my oily skin. It definitely tops most of the foundations I have. It's not a foundation I would wear everyday because it feels heavy on my skin but it's the price you pay for good coverage foundation. Another complaint is the packaging. I find that this is a goopy foundation or maybe I find all foundations goopy looking when you're trying to look at it run out of the bottle... I really wish this had a pump. This is a foundation where you need to add some blush, bronzer or anything to your face as this sucks the life out of your face (unless you're wanting the all nude face.)
Give it a sample try!

on 11/10/2012 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The double wear is the perfect foundation for someone looking for a semi-matte/matte finish, I have very oily skin and the double wear really helps with that. Estee Lauder is always the brand i choose first their products don't break me out like almost ALL do. I got it for 36 at the estee lauder counter at nordstrom I originally was gonna get the futurist but i decided i should get one that works with my skintype (Even with my oily skin i love the dewy finish so i try to control my oil for that) But the double wear actuall controlled my oil without being to matte like i expected it to be. It has medium coverage, i need no concealer except a little for my under eyes but if you have bad acne you may need a little concealer to be completely concealed. It looks semi-matte to satin on my oily skin thats without all my other oil controlling products that i normally use. It lasts and lasts like it claims, through the whole day with me. Probably not the best to put on very dry skin as it is mattifying overall its a great foundation, does what it claims, and does not break out my sensitive acne prone oily skin. Another great foundation from the best brand. Also im not a sales person or anything i just love estee lauder foundations

on 11/9/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the coverage of this foundation, but IT GAVE ME THE WORST ACNE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!! I really wanted to like this stuff...especially for the price!! I have found, though, that when it comes to Estee Lauder, I can only use the eye makeup and lip sticks...ALL of their foundations, lotions, serums, etc.. break my face out terribly.

on 11/9/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know what took me so long to write a review for this product, but I LOVE IT!!! I have super oily skin and this does a good job when it comes to coverage and staying power. I wear shade Fresco and it's perfect. For ladies who feel this is too heavy and mask like, I would recommend you mix this with your favourite BB cream (equal parts or your own preference) What I do is I mix ELDW with my Vichy BB cream, and it leaves a smooth, flawless, glowy complexion and feels much lighter. FYI: I use the Sephora Airbrush #55 to apply and blend.

on 11/9/2012 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Having acne prone skin and a bad complexion I find double wear to be the be all and end all. I cannot live without this product. I gave tried many premium and high street foundations over time and for the last 5 years have stuck with this. It may be a little pricey but you get what you pay for!! A little dated is the packaging, but again they could wrap it in foil and I'd buy it. Excellent coverage, long lasting and great colour palette...

My decision to buy this product was due to the reviews on this site and the conclusion I have come to after purchasing it and having tried it for around 2 weeks; it works for some but doesn't work for others.
As it's winter my skin is dryer anyway, and this product makes my dry area's more obvious.
It does stay on for a long time, but it doesn't blend too well with the skin.
Overall, try it. Loads of people love it, and it may well be your perfect foundation. I don't hate it, and there's a chance I'll buy it again.

on 11/8/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the best foundation I have ever used. Goes on smoothly without a primer, can be left without powder although I use a HD powder to set it. I work in construction and I don't have time to muck about retouching my make up during the day and I can't carry loads of cosmetics around a building site so the fact that this goes on, stays on and covers any marks is worth every penny.

You do need something fairly industrial to get if off though! The glass bottle packaging is very poor. This stuff is reasonably thick so you have at least a week of scraping around with a cotton bud to get the remnants out and as this is expensive, it's really not good enough. This should come in a squeezy tube.

So, my HG foundation is no more. It was great whilst it lasted, I had five years of never having to even look at another foundation, which if you are very pale you will know is nothing short of a miracle.

EL has just changed all the colours. Apparently there are now 30 shades suitable for everyone. Well, everyone that is except pale people who have pink undertones. Obviously not enough very pale pink people to make it worth their while making this shade. It's not even as if there is something almost similar. Apparently EL think I have turned yellow overnight. It seems that if you are very pale or very dark, there isn't enough profit for big companies to look after our needs.

My local counter gave me a sample of the replacement shade and it's very yellow. In fact, it is so yellow, people actually commented.

If you are lucky enough to find a colour that suits you and need a medium coverage that you can build up to heavy when you need it, you truly won't find a better product.

I'm off to the MAC counter to see if their long lasting foundation is going to be my replacement...

on 11/4/2012 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really on the fence with this product. It does stay on all day, It does cover scars, it does control oil and it does cover pores. However its so incredibly matte that it sucks the life out of my PPP skin and you get that mask look no one wants. I feel like the walking dead, it flattens the face and takes any natural dimensions away. It might look good on those with medium or nicely tanned skin though. The smell really is not attractive, it reminds me of milk of magnesia, I'm assuming as this has a chalky look & feel that they use a similar ingredient that is in that. Also had issue in the application, it just felt strange in applying, it didn't feel good on the skin and slightly irritable. I possibly would buy it again if I was getting pictures taken or my oily skin became worse at some point. Its not the worlds worse foundation but it certainly isn't the best and doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

on 11/4/2012 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finding a color match in this foundation was tricky for me. I am very pale and always wear one of the lightest shades in any foundation. I purchased DW in Sand, which appears to be much too dark for my face. However, this foundation actually turns lighter when you apply it and gets even lighter throughout the day.
I use a sponge to prevent a heavy mask like look. It doesn't look quite as natural as I would like but my skin is terrible so what can I expect? It stays on until I take it off.