DHC Velvet Skin Coat

3.8

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, HDI / trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, silica, propylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It minimized my pores and gave my skin a smooth, silky finish. Unfortunately, every time I used it I would get a raging pimple the next day. Not so pretty.

on 3/6/2007 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the effect this has on the large pores on my nose. It really does make them appear smaller. However, this product made rosacea bumps appear, so I won't be continuing to use.

on 3/5/2007 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this primer. It hasn't caused any breakouts (unlike smashbox) and my dry skin seems to like it just fine. Don't know how it would be for you oily gals out there. To me it is just like the feel of the SB, only thicker, which I happen to like. I don't use it all over, just on those large pores and on the end of my nose for shine control. I would buy it again over any other I have tried.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got a sample and had to try this. It is a fantastic primer. I usually don't bother with primer, but this is well worth using. Just a tiny dab will matte you out with or without foundation on top.

on 2/10/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this. It does an excelent job in mattifying oily skin/ oily creams/sunscreens and hiding pores. The price is overblown though. Exactly the same dirt cheap silicones are contained in Monistat Powder Gel that does the same job for a fraction of the price. Monistat is less dry than the skin coat. I have oily acne prone sensitive pre-rosacea skin. Monistat Gel never breaks me out or cause any negative reactions.

on 2/6/2007 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got an immediate allergic reaction to this. This is the first time I ever get aan allergic reaction from any skincare product.
My skin had great was red with red spots and itchy. I don't know how I would have liked it had that not happened so... a no for me.

on 2/3/2007 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is my new HG! It definitely makes my pores look smaller and skin look dewy and fresh. I use it under eyes too and it makes my fine lines less noticable. Works great with my Mac Studiofix powder foundation and Becca concealer. I have to say it didn't do anything to improve the staying power of my makeup, but that's a small complaint. Will repurchase!

on 2/2/2007 10:55:00 AM

I don't know what to say besides that I love it. Despite being tight on cash (still in college), I always make sure I have a backup supply of this product. It makes my skin feel so smooth and soft.

on 1/30/2007 1:21:00 PM

Before trying this product, I thought primers were pointless -- I've tried Smashbox, Sue Devitt and others, and never found one that seemed worth the extra step of applying it. But Velvet Skin Coat is HG material! It makes my skin look so matte and smooth, minimizes pores and makes my tinted moisturizer go on flawlessly. Although I do have dry-ish skin, I tend to get a bit of shine on my nose as the day wears on, but this product takes care of that. As others have said, a tiny bit goes a long way, so I have no complaint with the price as the tube will last for ages.

Seems people love it or hate it. I received it as a sample and immedately ordered the full size tube which will last a very long time. I agree with others that a little goes a long way. Makes for a nice flawless, smooth canvas for makeup application. Skin really does feel like velvet. I do admit this is my 1st primer so I dont have anything to compare to, but I really do love this product.

Popular Primer/ Correctors