April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by stephjacks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't plan to use this product. I went into the BE store in the mall with a friend who needed more blush and the gal asked if I wanted to try the product right then. She started putting it on and showing me how to use it. I bought it and...

I love this product! I have very sensitive skin and get breakouts/rashes from most makeup that I try. Not this! Beautiful results if you want a natural look, well what you WISH you would naturally look like! From reading some of the reviews here I think the trick is having everything you need to apply this makeup correctly and not using too much. I bought the start up kit from the BE store and had them match my color before I purchased it. I also added in the redness remedy.

If you start out with a fresh clean face that has been moisturized, with the moisturize having time to settle in, then a face primer so the powder sits well (and evenly!) on your face it is an awesome product. I follow the recommendation of BE and use the special blending brush on my red areas, then use the kabuci brush for the matte loose powder foundation, bronzer, and mineral veil, using very little, tapping off the excess.

I end up with a fresh looking, dewy, natural skin, minus my red bumps and blotches. And you know what else? It feels GOOD! light like nothing is there. Since day 1 I have had people mention how good my skin is looking. I didn't use a skimpy, cheap chemical filled product before this either (DermaQuest Skin Therapy and Youngblood perfecting powder) My skin has actually cleared up significantly since I started using this product about 4 weeks ago.

I really, truly like it. It works great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the lightest one possible and honestly it was just too dark for my skin. I am fairly taned/fair skinned and it just didn't match in my skin how I wanted it to

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by VintageRosie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

of course, like most of you, i was sold on the product. At a beauty department store they were selling the starter packs with all the colours, i bought the 'medium' tone kit. My first impression was that it was a complete mess, the powder went everywhere and the product packaging is basically useless. The powder spills over everywhere. they sell this product on the basis that it is perfect for acne prone or sensitive skin. Well, after a week of wearing this, my skin broke out EVERYWHERE (and i had just healed from breakouts) in places i never broke out. I would come home and find more and more acne popping up in places i never broke out. As soon as i stopped using this stuff, it went away, so i knew it was down to the BE.

Honestly, this product isnt worth it, you have to layer it on to get decent coverage and even tho it looks nice and glowy, i honestly think this is a poor product which is over hyped. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried this after many suggestions from people who love it. I have dry and sensitive skin. This just worked like any powder I have used before and dried out my skin. It didn't really add any coverage as it just didn't evenly apply. It just clung in spots and sucked up the little moisture I have.
I use a good moisturizer twice a day and definitely prefer a liquid, moisturizing foundation, In my opinion, this work great for oiler skin types.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The hype over this foundation is overwhelming. I doubted this foundation would be that good, but I got one just out of curiosity.
Well, I was right. It's not that great.
I'm not used to applying loose powders, other than MAC Pigments, so I had trouble with application and using its sifter (but I didn't deduct a lipstick for that, since it's not BM's fault). But once I managed to buff it onto my face, I wasn't pleased.
My complaint is that it settled into every single pore, line, and crease I had--even the ones I didn't know I had. When I squelched up my forehead, there were lines evidently formed when I positioned my forehead back to normal. So, basically, every line I created on my face from a facial expression (i.e. smiling) created more wrinkles. I looked horiffic--I probably had 20 different wrinkles on my face. But at least now I know what I'm going to look like in 60 years.
So, determined to figure out why the hell this crap of a powder is so fricken hyped up, I tried it on top of a pore minimizing primer (Benefit The POREfessional). That barely solved the issue. BM still settled into all the pores and lines that I had.
That aspect alone is why I deducted three lipsticks, because it's THAT bad, IMO. There's no 17-year-old in the world that wants to look like her grandma, mkay?
It did have good buildable medium coverage, and it DID have a really nice flawless luminous-satin finish that I really like, but that really doesn't justify the pores-and-wrinkles thing.
I don't know what audience BM is targeted at, but it's not pleasing the adolescents (or, at least, me), that's for sure.
$27 is a reasonable price, but not for that poor quality.
I have only slight yellow undertones and Golden Medium is way too yellow for my NC35 complexion. I had a feeling that Medium Beige would match me better, but I will never know because I'm never repurchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by HoneyRoast

I've been using BE foundation for 7 years now and have never been disappointed. It goes on nicely and stays on all day. I love BE products!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Penguin99

I've used it for a year now, in the lightest shade (fair). I purchased it in winter and at first it was ok and I liked how light it felt on my skin. But then in summer I had to reapply it every two hours and my skin looked dry and cakey on my cheeks and shiny on my T-zone. Right now I'm back to my Clinique compact foundation.
I'm so disappointed under so many aspects: the package is a nightmare, I think half the product ended up on my bathroom floor,it doesn't blend well with my skintone and it's totally not worth the money

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by TattooFlo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the lightest one I could. I'm very very pale with red hair, it was just too dark for my skin! If your lookin for mineral foundation, Lily Lolo is the way to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by habana

This definitely didn't give me the flawless, natural, airbrushed look the commercials claim. The powder looked dry and cakey on my face and emphasized my pores. The only thing I'm still using from the kit I bought is the bronzer. The rest I don't bother using and I think it irritated my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont get it and Im glad I didnt spend miney on the full size item, even if i got it from QVC with their return policy.

I went to Selfridges and got colour matched but i never trust lights in dept stores and got a small sample thinking if it was any goodthen I would order from QVC if it was really that good.

I love liquid foundations and TM and sometimes get 2 colours for the right match but it seems to get so much love on QVC I thought it must be good. I also love the dewy look which this def was not - even the original. Selfridgrs had a starter kit which actually had a brush and 2 coloursbut I held off until I was happy at home.

I just didnt like it. First of all it didnt match my skintone - im ok with liquids but i could see buying 2 of these would get messy and expensive as I probably wouldnt reach for it as much as my liquids. I also didnt think it lookedvery natural.I have fairly good skin and it did look powdery. I just dont get the hype. I think this suited more to fair/ light / medium skintones - I think i was matchedto mediumtan?? Notsure I am Bb warm natural/ honey MAC NC43. I am slightlydarker arounder the chin and abovethe lip and i found that this accentuated it and made it look even more ashey than liquids.

Also im not sure how this would work under/over my cream concealers asi have some redness around my nose.

I have since purchased Laura Gellers BnB in Tanwhich actually is an ok match since itsso sheer, and they only do about 4 colours so thatsurprising. I dont reach for itvery often but carry it in mybag for touch ups. If I ever do use it as a base I use it over Laura Merciers illuminating Tm in Warm radiance which on itsown is so shimmery that it is more of an illuminator rather than a TM.

Initally I thought it was the brush I was using at home to apply my BM. Itried it with my MAC powder brush, Stila powder brush, and my Shu foundation brush which is goat hair. However after speaking to my sister whose skin is slightly warmer than mine, suffers from acne though these days it is more scarring she experience the same. She ordered a kit from QVC which came with a brush but she returned it.

I dont think this is a natural coverage as BM make it out to be. I found one layer looked cakey and apparantly for heavier covergae you can apply more layers but I cant understand why.