July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. If I ever had a life changing product it would be this. My top 3 requirements in foundation are 1) Doesn't break me out/ irritate my skin 2) the color match is good 3) It lasts a good 10+ hours. Bare minerals is the first foundation to meet all my requirements. I am prone to irritation and clogged pores from wearing face makeup but Bare Minerals does not clog my pores not does it make up face itchy and irritated. One thing I will say though is Bare Minerals tends to accentuate what you have. So, if you have clear skin it will looking amazing and glowing, but if your skin texture is rough it will accentuate that. It also does accentuate dry patches. But other than that I think it's perfect! I haven't even been tempted to try every new foundation that comes out. My quest for an everyday foundation is over!!!!

BTW I think some people are disliking BM because of the way they are applying it. When I first used it, I disliked it too. It is important that your skin in moisturized before application. I apply a moisturizer then conceal any spots. Then I use the Sephora Mineral Powder Brush #45 to buff on the powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Dancexnxthexrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Original formula foundation, I can honestly say I have tried this product long enough to determine it is garbage for acne prone skin types. Ever since BM became all the rage I was using this foundation, once the matte formula came out I switched over to that. My acne was so bad back then that I could never think to blame BM for contributing to my break outs. About a year ago I stopped using BM to venture out to other brands but I found myself coming back to this product. It appeared that once I started using BM again I began to break out horribly in ways I never have in years; I thought it was due to changing my skincare regimen. However, last week I did not have to go to work (I work in cosmetics) so I spent the week not wearing a drop of makeup. What do you know? My acne infested face was absolutely and completely spotless, I barely had comedones (blackheads). I thought it was because of my diet or taking B-complex. So yesterday I wore BM again for work and guess what, my zero zit face has about 10 new pimples all of which are near cystic.

I understand the feeling of reading a review and thinking that won't happen to me because of X reason, but I clean my brushes daily so the breakouts are not caused by that. BM does not affect everyone this way, as my mom uses it with zero irritation, but if you're acne cautious I wouldn't venture into BM, and if you're already there consider if it is causing more breakouts.

NOTE TO SELF: BARE MINERALS IS THE CULPRIT FOR MY BREAKOUTS!! Bismuth is a crappy filler that should not be used, and they need to stop lying to themselves that they need to change their formula or add an additional 3rd for their loose powders.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just popped out to the Bare Minerals shop to get brow powder (fantastic, the best there is) and was waylaid by one of the Swirl and Tap Ladies. 40 minutes later, I looked at myself in a mirror and almost fell over. I looked every inch of my 42 years, plus another 10. Glittery, caky, and chalky. Plus, it felt tight, and ITCHED. "Doesn't it look NATURAL?" my captor exclaimed. I thanked her, took my brow powder and went home. And then I washed the lot off. I know BE has its followers, but I think it does no favours for Ladies of a Certain Age.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by triplemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I work at a makeup boutique and Bare Minerals is, by far, our best-selling foundation.

When it works, it's beautiful. I have found that Bare Minerals is particularly flattering on younger skin. These girls just glow when I apply BM on them. But after age 30,it's hit and miss. I am 49 and this stuff looks terrible on me. My skin is normal, oily in tzone and I don't have many lines or wrinkles -- but BM seems to settle in my pores and accentuate my skin's flaws.

They recently came out with a compact version that I think may be more universally flattering. It's more hydrating than the loose powder. That said, no powder foundation is your friend if you have dry skin. Go with a moisturizing liquid, or at least a cream-to-powder formula. And wear a primer underneath!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by jarrah

I'm so disappointed!
I was on a trip and while In the mall I realized that I needed a touch-up but I forgot my Chanel universal powder back in my country so i decided to check Sephora and the BE SA was the first to help and she tried this amazing color on my skin which I loved at the time.
By the time I got back to the hotel room my skin was oily, pores were HUGE and the rest of the product set in my expression lines.
And so i realized the I've bought an expensive product to make my skin look old and imprefected.

Edit:
Now I actually know how to use it. use the right primer, stibling-powder flat brush (Eco brushes) and set it with Deslick all nighter (urban decay) fixing spray and you'll get the best result ever!!
Funny how a person can change their mind from 0 to 10
cuz now this is my HG ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by allausmle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is bear allright. Does not do ANYTHING for your skin. When they shoot their ADs on TV they probably apply this "foundation" over tons of liquid foundation or something, because it does not cover anything. My face has far less issues and it does not cover anything. It looks cakey and dry. Overall, a terrible overhyped overpriced junk. Don't waste your money, please. Unless it is 50 cents or something, then yeah, you can use it under your eyes while applying an eyeshadow to brush it off. Otherwise, CHEAP JUNK!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Not a big fan of this product. I feel like it almost emphasized my lines and made my pores appear bigger. I know people that love this product and can pull off the look but it's definitely not for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister convinced me to try this. I can see how this might be exactly what some people want, but it just wasn't a good match for me. Overall, it's a good product. It gives a customizable level of coverage, which is nice. The brushes it came with are great and I will continue to use them with other makeup. The mineral veil is a really nice product and the bronzer is okay. There's a ton of stuff in that starter kit for your money.
I think I would like this more if I didn't prefer a moister, more dewy finish. While it doesn't feel heavy to me, it does feel dry and unnatural. And if you use a heavier moisturizer to counteract the drying effect, the powder and moisturizer together feels like a mud pie on your face. While it didn't bother me in the beginning, it really started to annoy me towards the end that this product makes a mess every time you use it. I'm sick of cleaning it up, there has to be a better way to package this. Packaging is never much of an issue for me, but in this case it makes the product no fun to use. To many negatives to outweigh the positives, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like bare minerals, but alone I have to wear a liquid foundation under it to cover my acne scars. Great for touch-up, and hopefully some day my scars will fade enough to wear just this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

I used BME for about two years and it just didn't work for me. I wanted it to work so bad. The color selection just never worked for me and it always accentuated my pores and settled in my fine lines. I wouldn't recommend this to oily skinned girls because you still become an oil slick after just a few hours. I find that mineral type foundations are not as long lasting as liquid or creme foundations and tend to settle in fine lines.