March 2, 2015 | 1096 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started wearing foundation, a cosmetology student recommended I try Bare Minerals. Because I didn't know much about foundation and trusted her word, I eagerly went out and bought this foundation. I even tried to convince myself I loved it but I didn't feel like it improved my skin at all, the coverage was awful, and it tended to get darker as the day progressed. Not to mention, it did make it oilier throughout the day and my skin is not oily at all.

I thought it was just that the shade I purchased was too dark so after finishing the first jar, I bought one in the next shade lighter. I still have the same issues, and I feel like it does make pores look huge, it just highlights imperfections instead of covering them, and makes my face look dirty.
I like a lot of Bare Minerals' other products (the blushes, all-over face colors, etc.) but I am never buying the loose foundation again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I would have given this a higher rating, but the color was too dark for me. I bought the color "Fair" and the product was still a little bit darker than my natural skin. This is a product that I've heard such good things about... and I wanted to like, but I couldn't. It just was clear that I was wearing foundation that is too dark for me. I didn't like it, so I haven't bought it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Nephanie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had perfect skin before I used this! The first few weeks it was amazing I looked like a porcelain doll. After that it broke me out in horrible cystic acne that iched! It contains cheap minerals and bismuth oxide which is know for seriously irritating skin. If you have sensitive skin BEWARE!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by princesssaras

At first this stuff was great, I have a pretty nice complexion, but for areas that are not as smooth, it really worked to even out my skin tone and gave me a nice glow, which is all I really was looking for. But,after using this, my skin really started to break out! I don't know what exactly was causing the break outs, but it didn't work for me.

If breakouts with this weren't an issue, I would continue using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product looked very natural on my skin and minimized the fact that I was wearing make up. It held up in humidity when I went to the beach in CA for a weekend, as well as the desert heat of the Mojave in the summer. It appeared to be overly oily and shiny (I used the original formula) after a couple of hours. I could not wear it alone due to that issue, as well as the issue that it did not cover blemishes/scars/under-eye circles adequately enough on its own. It did not help my skin break out less. My skin broke out as much as before, if not a bit more. Also, this make up seems to be light-reflecting. I really enjoyed that, because it minimized the look of imperfections (especially blemishes). Over all, I was not completely satisfied, and so I had to move on to other make up brands in search of my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh dear... I am one of the many who got duped into buying this overpriced, "all-natural" mineral makeup. The first time I wore it, I was shopping and getting hot from all the bright lights and indoor heating. I noticed my face was starting to itch uncontrollably - I could have clawed my face off!! I knew it was the makeup, as I had never felt anything like that before. The next day I could see a rash-like breakout along my jaw and cheeks. So I decided to do a bit of research and it turns out this product contains Mica and Bismuth Oxychloride which are both known as irritants for sensitive skin. As for the claims that you can "sleep in it", don't! As for BE's "all-natural" marketing strategy, in fact Bismuth oxychloride rarely occurs in nature and is manufactured by combining bismuth, a by-product of lead and copper metal refining, with chloride (chlorine compound) and water. All this aside, the actual look of the MU on the skin is terrible imo - like many others have said it magnifies pores, looks shiny/has a "pearly" finish and I personally find I need to use a lot of it to give a decent coverage. Therefore, it is quite expensive when you consider how long it would last you with daily wear. I used the mini "starter kit" size up in a couple of months. I'm sticking with my BB Cream (Bobbi Brown) - that looks far more natural anyway and actually does contain beneficial ingredients for the skin unlike this! Saying that, even my heavy Studio Fix powder has never caused any reaction like this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by thaisa1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used bare minerals for 3 years now but I have decided to switch it. The problem is big blotches of oil that are apparent after few hours of applying the foundation. I use Kleenex tissues to remove the oil from the skin and it looks like my skin was soaked in oil....the other problem is clinging to the skin, I am 25 and I have few wrinkles but they appear more visible giving a crude left on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad that I got a small sample of this foundation from the Bare Escentuals website because I did not like it at all. It was way too cakey and heavy on my skin. I have extremely oily skin and this foundation did not work for me at all. It is not a completely matte foundation; if you look closely, there are is noticeable shimmer in it. Though it applied cakey, this foundation made me look and feel very very greasy within an hour. The coverage was, eh, not so great either. Also since it is a loose powder, it is also messy to apply. This foundation got everywhere. I'd probably just use the rest of the product as a light bronzer. Though I do enjoy enjoy using mineral makeup, this product was just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by shamsiruhe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used. My skin looks beautiful and it does clear up acne...My skin does get oily. Rather than touch it up, which isn't always possible, I blot cheeks and brow with the back of my hand. This works perfectly.

I would love if it didn't get shiny ever, but I think I would need something that looked less "fresh" to begin with, and that's one of my favorite things about this product.

I am of mixed race and my skin color on my face varies. This gives a smooth even tone and no "makeup jaw".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by caplicesarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started out using this product for its intended use- a foundation! but with my combination acne scarred skin i soon found that the matte foundation wasnt giving me the desired coverage that i was looking for! i was excited to switch up from a heavy feeling foundation to change to a mineral one but it didnt work for me foundation wise! however i did find a way to make it work for me! I continue to use this as a powder over a liquid foundation! and the look is lovely, just right for daytime and it provides nice coverage! I have repurchased the product just to use as a powder.