October 31, 2014 | 1375 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rmarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this makeup, I hated it. But, after it sat in my makeup drawer for a while, I decided to give it another shot. I think the trick is finding the best way to apply it. I started using the BE primer before the foundation and now I love this makeup. I get compliments on my skin all the time. It goes on so smooth and doesn't make you look overdone. A little goes a long way, if you use too much you'll look like a freak. Finding that balance is key.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lisa_thejack

This is a good product. It applies easily with a brush so there's no need to pull and lift your skin like you would with a liquid foundation and it doesn't dry like powder. It stays on nicely and provides medium coverage, which is very natural but less is more with this product so it's important not to overdo. Would definitely buy again.
UPDATE - been using it for a month now and I love this product more and more. It's just so natural, lightweight and gives perfect colour all day.
UPDATE 2 - tried the veil in summer and doesn't work for me. It's just like any other face powder, nowhere near as good as the original minerals, which I'll use forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Emilyrogerson44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used the fairy light foundation for a few weeks and it is awful. The makeup clings to any imperfection such as open pores and lines with a horrible cheap cakey look, I definitely wouldn't recommend this product, I went back to the lady from bare essentials in the department store from which I bought this product and she advised me to buff the product more into my skin, this made no difference to the rubbish coverage it didn't cover my redness at all, this product also brought me out in spots which I never get and made my sensitive skin itchy DO NOT BUY THIS!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish that where we select "Would you buy this product again?", that "oh HELLLLLL no!!!" was an option.

After all the infomercials and all the presentations on QVC, I caved and bought one of the sampler sets from QVC that included the foundation, mineral veil, and bronzer. With glee and zest, I cracked that puppy open and swirled, tapped, and buffed my way to an itchy, sparkly face. But it looked ok. At first. Just ok. So I ignored the itch.

Fast forward 2 hours. I'm at work. I take a bathroom break. Do my thing and wash my hands. As I'm washing, I look at myself in the mrror.

W.T.F?!?!?!?!?!

Now, I have large pores and crazy oily skin. Oily breakthrough early in the day is nothing new and not surprising. But this....this was just....not right. This was not just a shiny nose. You could see a drop of oil pooled in every. single. pore. on my nose, and a few on my face. My face was polka-dotted with oil spots. I had never seen anything like this in my life, and it was pretty disgusting.

I blotted and touched up. Same thing happened a couple of hours later.

At the end of the day, I scrubbed the hell out of my face, repackaged the whole thing, and made my way posthaste to the post office to return the whole mess to QVC.

By far and away, the worst foundation I've ever used.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Leaahh107

It seems like people either love or hate this product. I started using it about a month ago, and since I never used loose powder before it took me a while to figure out exactly how to apply it for my liking. At first, like many others, I thought it was crap. It looked powdery or cakey and I was very disappointed. But I kept using it anyways because I had so much left of it, and it was pretty expensive. I then learned later that to get the full benefits of this makeup you have to apply it in a very specific way! Now, I clean my face well, put moisturizer or primer on, and then use a small amount of the concealer buffed onto my face with a good quality soft brush. For me, that works flawlessly, and looks perfect on my skin! Now it looks clear, healthy, natural, soft and smooth. And it feels very light!

The coverage is buildible, and you can use however much you want. But when you use too much, then it does get cakey.I think the problem is a lot of people are looking for a whole new set of skin when they put on foundation. If you are one of those people, then this product is not for you. It covers all your little flaws and blemishes but still looks so natural, which is why I love it so much. The whole point of this makeup is to cover up your issues, while looking like you're NOT wearing makeup! Also, as for the "You can sleep in it!" quote, just because you could sleep in something, doesn't mean you should. Always wash makeup off your face before going to sleep.

Another thing people seem to dislike is the lid that turns to open or close. But I love that! I like pouring the powder into the lid and seeing exactly how much makeup is going onto my face.

I love this makeup! It took a little while to figure out, but now I would never turn back to any other foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, this is the HG of makeup. I've been using Bare Minerals for 15+ years and as I've said before, this makeup changed my life. I had always had really horrible skin: acne-prone, acne scars, oily and sensitive. I always had to reapply my makeup mid-day due to shine. NO MORE! This makeup lasts all day and my skin looks fabulous. It feels great, like I'm not wearing makeup. Mineral Veil is miraculous!Bare Minerals needs to be applied as directed to acheive the best results so I highly recommend a trip to one of their boutiques to have a pro show you how to apply if you're new to this makeup, You also need to use the correct brush to apply any mineral makeup. I also use the Bare Minerals brow kits and the eye shadows. All of it lasts forever because you use so little. I will never use anything else!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by srussel9498

I have read so many wonderful reviews about this product yet I hated this foundation. This really makes my pores stand out and the finish is terrible. My cousin tried this foundation and hated it too. I will stick with Tarte!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I have been using Bare Essentials for years and I believed all the hype surrounding the product. First of all, my suggestion to those who find that the coverage is lacking is to use the BE "bisque" with the foundation, it's a very good concealer in my opinion, a lot better than most other liquid, or cream that i have tried (including benefits, bobbi brown, and that magic highlighting pen from YSL... the bisque does a very good job at hiding rosacea, acne scars, broken capillaries etc. I rate Bare Essentials a 3 because like some of the other reviewers, I think i developed an allergy to one or more of the ingredients. Not suddenly, but over the course of the last few years. If i use it now, i get horrible almost instant rashes. I don't blame the product, as it has nonetheless been good to me for a long time. I was so ready to believe the marketing, the whole "makeup you can sleep in" tag line (although i never did sleep with it on, but i did believe this whole line to be harmless. I used it everyday, recommended it to friends, bought so many different products). However, if I learned anything, it is: do not be fooled, it is still makeup, still a foundation, putting it on is still putting unnatural stuff on your face, so i guess for those of us with very sensitive skin, it's best not to use it everyday.

I learned the hard way not to follow the marketing and will not be buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by vheeter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't wear this powder on its own because I don't feel like it provides the coverage that I want, but I love how it looks over a BB cream or foundation. The effect that these powders give is so flawless. I love to use these instead of a normal setting powder. Plus, these feel so much lighter and less powdery than some pressed powders. The only complaint I have is that the one I've tried is the loose version, which was messy, but they do make these in pressed versions now. Overall, this is a nice product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by dieffenbachia

Skin type:
oily t-zone, prone to oiliness on the cheeks, sensitive and acne-prone. I've had acne since a teenager and am approaching my thirties and have never shifted it for more than a couple of months at a time.
Impact on acne-prone skin:
Does not clog, does not make me break out as long as I clean my brushes regularly
Coverage:
Buildable coverage, however probably not as much as I would like - it doesn't cover any hyperpigmentation.
Finish:
Slightly shimmery, dewy finish which does not sit in pores. However, you have to be careful to follow their technique and buff gradually to build up the coverage otherwise it will look cakey.
Staying power:
Will come off if you rub it, so be careful who you hug!
Colour match:
I am pale, with a cool-pinkish undertone, but will tan if I build it up gradually. Fairly light is probably the best match but TBH their range of tones is not ideal. I recently discovered Alima online and have ordered some of their samples bc they have a MASSIVE range.
Packaging:
Not ideal for portability, the powder gets everywhere!
Value for money:
The foundation pots last ages. If you were applying every day with touch-ups I would say one pot would last about 6 months.
I am using one still that I've had for a few years - mineral powders have longer shelf-life than other foundations.
************************************************
Overall:
I quite like the foundation as it doesn't make me break out and have repurchased several times. Though I'm still on the look out for a better foundation which would be suitable for my skin as the colour-match, coverage, and durability are not ideal.
I've not tried other mineral foundations so I cannot compare the finish and have just purchased Alima samples so will update.
As a powder it is helpful for oily skins as it absorbs oil. However, you may need to reapply during the day because it won't reduce oil production.