April 17, 2014 | 1865 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I read in the 80's about Cher using the liquid to wash her face. So at the age of 18 I have used this since (almost 18 years), i tried others but always come back to this HG, HG, It is not a lathering soap so you will need to get used to this. It has a creamy texture and does not sting. I wash with this then use Bragg's 1:1 ratio as a toner and finish off with Eucerin Q10 cream and Philosophy eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ambieof2001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a ton of these in a drawer because they keep coming free with a bottle of Cetaphil lotion. I did not care for this at all. Very drying, left a film on my skin and irritated the heck out of my eczema. Not for sensitive skin, How did this come from Cetaphil?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

I've held off writing a review of this for the longest time because I kept thinking some day it'll work for me. I started using this based on some Rosacea websites' and forum recommendations that this is one of the only cleansers to use for Rosaceans... Make that only for *some* Rosaceans... This stuff stings my eyes *bad* and gives me a tight, dry feeling. I think it ended up aggravating my Rosacea. When I first started using it almost a year ago, I had a funny feeling it wasn't working for me but it could have been anything else in my regime. So I stopped. I just used it again 3 days ago and my skin got red and angry. I tried it again tonight and my skin is definitely NOT happy. I should learn.

Cetaphil liquid worked great when the Rosacea was in remission but now that the Red Devil is back, none of the Cetaphils work for me. The hunt is still on for a suitable cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by tracelizabeth

I can't stress enough how much I love this soap. It makes my skin so much nicer and healthier looking. I'm sick of those facial cleansers with a million ingredients that don't seem to work. But this simplistic soap is all I need and I will continue to purchase until I die.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by yuhjah_99

This is a wonderful facial bar soap. I have combo/oily skin that only breaks out near my woman's time of the month. I then get one or two large angry mountains that pop later on after mounds of benzoyle peroxide. Ew. anyways, this soap keeps me from breaking out more! I thought it would have too much moisture for me, but it is perfect and calms my skin down and gets my makeup off too. I went back to my Clinique foaming facial and now I find that to be too drying! It used to be my HG but not after this soap. I think I am gong to try Dove beaty bar sensitive skin next because it has such great reviews. I think the Clinque foamnig facail will make me more oily since it makes me feel so dry now. Weird, it used to feel great but now I know better =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I grew up using good old Dove bar soap before switching to body washes (out of necessity for more moisture) but today I tried this...Cetaphil gentle cleansing bar and WOW I'm a convert. I will never use a body wash or another brand of bar soap ever again. the scent it very light, clean and lotion-y and unlike every other bar soap that strips the natural oils from my skin giving me that squeaky-clean" feel which is just so gross and tacky--so bad for dry skin, this left me soft, fresh and moisturized! yayyy for Cetaphil!

IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN YOU SHOULDN'T USE THIS--USE THE ANTIBACTERIAL VERSION!

For 3.99 (my local drug store) a bar my skin will be in MUCH better shape all year round. Drugstore.com has a 2-for-1 deal going...buy it, quick!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by trix46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the bar much more than the liquid. It's not as moisturizing, which is better for me since I have oily skin. Also, I find it to be MUCH better for removing makeup, probably since it lathers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 1:06:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

I just HATE the smell of this. I can't use it due to the smell. It was a free gift with the original Cetaphil cleanser, which I like. My son uses this and does have less breakouts, so that is good about it at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser and the moisturizer, and i really like them. Lately though, my skin (mostly my cheeks) had been breaking out a lot more. At the last minute i decided to try this because of its good reviews. Well, when i first opened it, i was pretty upset because i notices how strong the scent was - i was so surprised, since Cetaphil is not know for using fragrance, right? I was worried that it was a waste and that it would end up causing more irritation. But - it really hasn't. It has actually calmed down the skin on my cheeks. And it looks less red and irritated now after using it for a few days. Im afraid to say too much at this point - but i'm really hoping that this is something i can rely on for future pimples. I stil like using the cleanser, for the rest of my face - so, i actually use this mostly on my cheeks, and it works ok for me. I definately have to moisturize after using this, because it makes me feel a tiny bit more dry than usual. I would still prefer if they hadnt added any fragrance, but at the same time, i dont really notice it that much now. I hope this keeps working :)
Edit** - After using this for over a month, i am feeling good about this bar :) my skin has cleared up quite a bit, and it doesn't feel as irritated as before. (I have also stopped using the Cetaphil liquid cleanser). I'm comfortable with this bar now :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 3:24:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have extremely dry or retinized facial skin like mine, avoid this-- i broke out in big flakes and experienced awful tightness immediately after rinsing. Had to slather with Cetaphil cream, which luckily is very good stuff. I guess the bottom line is soap is soap-- Cetaphil says the ingredients aren't soap, but I was surprised to see that they are. I can see this used as a good body soap, though. I have to return to the liquid cleanser...