Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

So far I am really liking this soap. I have combination skin that is prone to good old red lumpy sore breakouts. Following a long haul flight, change in temperature and water my skin freaked out, usual yes, but it had been going on for 2 weeks and was getting bad!! In a desperate attempt to calm it I have been using this for the last few days whilst waiting for DHC samples to come through in the mail and have noticed no new blemishes appearing.

I have also been using it as a body soap and that where I have also been really impressed. If I do change to DHC products I would buy again for use on my body. I really like the fragrance.

My one concern is that it states it is for dry skin, I have fairly oily skin and can find this a little drying, I am not sure that it would work for someone with dry skin...but thats just an opinion?

I've been using this for about 6 months. A bar lasts a long time. I think I'm only on my 3rd bar. My derm has recommended this to me for a long time and I'm not sure why, but decided to finally give it a try. I think I was reluctant because I had tried the liquid Cetaphil in the past and never felt clean. I really do like this bar though. I do wash twice with it at night when I have makeup on. Once to remove most of the makeup and another time to make sure. I don't use toner so I always feel the need to wash twice...especially with very gentle cleansers like this.

I find this for about $3 a bar at WalMart or Target. I have 3 bars going...one in the shower; one at the sink and one in my travel bag, which I use as a whole body soap when I'm away. I usually don't like the motel soaps...too harsh.

BTW...I'm 53 and have combo/oil/rosacea skin. I never thought this bar which says it's for dry skin would work for me. I'm on acne meds still at this age...makes me nuts, but that's a different review I guess.

Not for me. This soap has too strong a fragrance in general for sensitive skin. I usually don't seem to have a problem with fragrance so I went ahead and tried it. It felt great while washing, but afterwards my skin was very dry. It also left a bit of a film I could feel even after plentiful rinsing.
Within 15 minutes of using this my face got really irritated and I started getting red raised/swollen splothes on my face. Washed again with another cleanser and after a few hours the swelling went down. But the redness was not gone until the next morning. I'd never had that kind of reaction before. Allergic to something in this bar, so not buying again.

My skin has changed due to being pregnant - little red bumps and scales everywhere. My mom suggested I try this and after a week my skin looks like it did before. And it's cheap! PERFECT

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is supposed to be for sensitive skin, right? Then why does it dry my skin out, and cause it to breakout!? I haven't broken out on my body, not ONCE since I was 16 years old (I am 23 now) and after using this product for a month I'm having random zits pop up everywhere and it's getting worse as long as I use this. On my body, when it starts getting cold, I can expect my skin to get drier but not like this. I want to say that because it's drying for me, perhaps that's why it causes zits, but I have used other drying products before and never had that happen. On my face It has caused some zits as well. I will never buy this again, even using Ivory soap is better than this, at least it's a lot cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this product and I'm really hoping it will work for my skin. I have sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. So far my skin feels smooth. But I have noticed that my skin feels tight after I use the soap and I think I feel a breakout coming on. I will update later to let you know how it's working for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG. It's cheap as the dickens and it works like magic. Gentle but does the job, gets all my makeup off, and has a nice clean smell. I won't use anything else.

I hated the other cetaphil products but after seeing the grea reviews here, I decided to purchase this. I started using it about three weeks ago. My skin was getting dry and breaking out and seemed very irritated a the same time. This has done a great job. I use it with DHC Cleansing Oil in the evening and by itself in the morning. It cleans my skin but does not leave it dry and it does not cause me to break out. I do use a toner after this because I sometimes feel like I can't rinse it all off but I think that's just me - I've always used liquid soaps before. I've never spent under $3 for a facial product so I'm thrilled with it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was scared to try another bar soap after my fiasco with the Clinique 3-Step System. But I gave it a whirl and I love it! I use this every night. It works so well that it takes off heavy makeup and even stubborn eye makeup. It won't whisk away every bit of waterproof mascara, but it definitely gets a majority off. I don't find the scent irritating at all. Just smells like soap. :) I'll definitely re-purchase when I run out, although I've had the bar for a few months now and it's barely changed in size. It's lasting much longer than the liquid.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I prefer this soap to the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. It is really cheap to buy - about 2.30 (US $). It does a better job of cleansing also. I highly recommend this one for anyone who does not like the creamy cleanser or has oily skin.