October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product based on the reviews here. It seemed like fewer people had clogged pores from this as opposed to the liquid wash. I am very glad I picked it up! it was $4 U.S. for a bar at the Target by me. It washed my face so that it felt clean but not totally stripped. Dried me a tiny bit more than I want, but every cleanser dries me out horribly, so this one is definitly ok. did not leave behind any residue. Did not turn my very delicate, sensitive, dry skin red or irritate me at all. Lathers wonderfully. I haven't used it long enough to tell if it breaks me out at all, as it can take weeks for it to show, but so far I would say this is a keeper!!!!!! love it. *UPDATE* used this on my 6 day camping trip to michigan. only washed my face in the morning, and slept with tons of mud, dirt, grease and smoke on my face. (gross, right? lol) I did not break out once!!!!!!! no red marks, no pimples, just clear, beautiful skin. my sunburn did not even peel. I could not believe it. I also used the moisturizing lotion while out there. no clogged pores at all. LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by anita_c

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this soap as its very moisturizing, won't dry out the skin and it cleanses very well, the best is that its very cheap. This is better than the cleansing lotion in every way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing a longwear foundation for a few weeks now, and realized I was not really getting all of it off at night, even while using various cream or oil makeup removers beforehand. So, after reading a few reviews, I decided to try this with my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and it was fantastic! Hardly a spec of dirt remained (confirmed with my occasional use toner.) The bonus was it was so inexpensive. A downer that it is a bar as it isn't nice for travel, but otherwise, it's a godsend! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ksi218

I really like this soap. My skin is sensitive and can dry out easily and this doesn't make my face tight after I wash it. I like that it does a good job of taking off my makeup everything but the masscara. It also doesn't make me break out like other cleansers I've tried. It's a great soap for the price and I'll continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lavaqueen

I will use this until the day I die! I like to buy it from Costco/BJs in big bulk sets in which case it is obviously dirt cheap, esp. compared to most of what's out there in this category. I am with the rest of you who hate the liquid version of this..I think it feels awful and not clean at all. This bar, on the other hand, smells very subtle, leaves your skin feeling soft/clean/never oily and lasts a while. Soap bars are a pain to travel with but get yourself a soap box and all you need is cetaphil. I swear, whether my skin is breaking out or dry or perfect this soap is what I always reach for and would hate to ever be without.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by fuztop

I started off using the fluid cleanser, and wondered why people raved about it. I found it icky and cloggy feeling. Then I tried the bar, and fell in love. The bar cleans without stripping, lasts for ages, is very cost effective, and it WORKS! Takes off makeup, cleanses my sensititve skin without irritating. Is'nt that what cleansers are supposed to do?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of best facial soap bars out there! It cleans well, rinses well! It is gentle and moisturizing! It smells good too! Another wonderful product from Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I read in the 80's about Cher using the liquid to wash her face. So at the age of 18 I have used this since (almost 18 years), i tried others but always come back to this HG, HG, It is not a lathering soap so you will need to get used to this. It has a creamy texture and does not sting. I wash with this then use Bragg's 1:1 ratio as a toner and finish off with Eucerin Q10 cream and Philosophy eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ambieof2001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a ton of these in a drawer because they keep coming free with a bottle of Cetaphil lotion. I did not care for this at all. Very drying, left a film on my skin and irritated the heck out of my eczema. Not for sensitive skin, How did this come from Cetaphil?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

I've held off writing a review of this for the longest time because I kept thinking some day it'll work for me. I started using this based on some Rosacea websites' and forum recommendations that this is one of the only cleansers to use for Rosaceans... Make that only for *some* Rosaceans... This stuff stings my eyes *bad* and gives me a tight, dry feeling. I think it ended up aggravating my Rosacea. When I first started using it almost a year ago, I had a funny feeling it wasn't working for me but it could have been anything else in my regime. So I stopped. I just used it again 3 days ago and my skin got red and angry. I tried it again tonight and my skin is definitely NOT happy. I should learn.

Cetaphil liquid worked great when the Rosacea was in remission but now that the Red Devil is back, none of the Cetaphils work for me. The hunt is still on for a suitable cleanser.