Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 11/15/2007 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG. It's cheap as the dickens and it works like magic. Gentle but does the job, gets all my makeup off, and has a nice clean smell. I won't use anything else.

on 11/6/2007 8:31:00 AM

I hated the other cetaphil products but after seeing the grea reviews here, I decided to purchase this. I started using it about three weeks ago. My skin was getting dry and breaking out and seemed very irritated a the same time. This has done a great job. I use it with DHC Cleansing Oil in the evening and by itself in the morning. It cleans my skin but does not leave it dry and it does not cause me to break out. I do use a toner after this because I sometimes feel like I can't rinse it all off but I think that's just me - I've always used liquid soaps before. I've never spent under $3 for a facial product so I'm thrilled with it.

on 10/26/2007 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was scared to try another bar soap after my fiasco with the Clinique 3-Step System. But I gave it a whirl and I love it! I use this every night. It works so well that it takes off heavy makeup and even stubborn eye makeup. It won't whisk away every bit of waterproof mascara, but it definitely gets a majority off. I don't find the scent irritating at all. Just smells like soap. :) I'll definitely re-purchase when I run out, although I've had the bar for a few months now and it's barely changed in size. It's lasting much longer than the liquid.

on 10/23/2007 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I prefer this soap to the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. It is really cheap to buy - about 2.30 (US $). It does a better job of cleansing also. I highly recommend this one for anyone who does not like the creamy cleanser or has oily skin.

on 10/20/2007 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I HAVE to continually buy this product for both my son and myself! He has exzema and I have very dry skin on my body. If I use anything with any fragrance in it I go crazy with itching. I like this better than the liquid cleanser because it lathers up very well. I think It is more expensive than other soaps but I must use it. LOVE IT!

on 10/5/2007 1:49:00 AM

The first day i used it I felt my cheek is still a little bit of dry, then I experiment with it a bit I figured I shouldn't make too much foam and wash too long, esp right now it's fall-winter. w/o using too much foam it's not drying at all. After a few days of using it, I find out every morning i wake up with my skin looks fresh and clean =). Really like it so far, will update it if it gets too dry for winter season.

update: I'v been using this almost 3 weeks already, and so far it hasnt dry my skin out yet. I also used a "soap saver", which is the foaming bag thing, it foams up very nicely ( for people like foamy feeling) and leave skin feeling cleansed and non-drying.

on 9/22/2007 9:34:00 PM

Wow! This seems to be a wonderful product. The feel of the bar in your hands is so silky and it leaves your skin soft and healthy looking. I tried the anti-bacterial version, but I think I prefer this one. Doesn't dry my face out and leaves my entire body looking and feeling so baby soft! Great stuff.

Update: Still loving this bar soap, it is gentle, pleasant to use and does wonders for my sensitive skin. Love it!

on 9/9/2007 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this product based on the reviews here. It seemed like fewer people had clogged pores from this as opposed to the liquid wash. I am very glad I picked it up! it was $4 U.S. for a bar at the Target by me. It washed my face so that it felt clean but not totally stripped. Dried me a tiny bit more than I want, but every cleanser dries me out horribly, so this one is definitly ok. did not leave behind any residue. Did not turn my very delicate, sensitive, dry skin red or irritate me at all. Lathers wonderfully. I haven't used it long enough to tell if it breaks me out at all, as it can take weeks for it to show, but so far I would say this is a keeper!!!!!! love it. *UPDATE* used this on my 6 day camping trip to michigan. only washed my face in the morning, and slept with tons of mud, dirt, grease and smoke on my face. (gross, right? lol) I did not break out once!!!!!!! no red marks, no pimples, just clear, beautiful skin. my sunburn did not even peel. I could not believe it. I also used the moisturizing lotion while out there. no clogged pores at all. LOVE!!!

on 9/7/2007 3:03:00 PM

I like this soap as its very moisturizing, won't dry out the skin and it cleanses very well, the best is that its very cheap. This is better than the cleansing lotion in every way.

on 8/10/2007 9:20:00 PM

I have been wearing a longwear foundation for a few weeks now, and realized I was not really getting all of it off at night, even while using various cream or oil makeup removers beforehand. So, after reading a few reviews, I decided to try this with my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and it was fantastic! Hardly a spec of dirt remained (confirmed with my occasional use toner.) The bonus was it was so inexpensive. A downer that it is a bar as it isn't nice for travel, but otherwise, it's a godsend! Highly recommend!