April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 2:53:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

I finally ordered the Philosophy Kiss Me in Red and it arrived recently. It is a wonderful product! It is moisturizing without being gloopy and leaves a nice pinky red tinge of color on my lips. The effect is soft and silky rosey lips! I would not recommend this as a lip treatment, but it makes a fantastic tinted glossy balm for temporary relief of dry lips. Retails at $10 and worth every penny! I will definitely repurchase. Oh, btw, I was blown away by the huge pot! I was expecting a small tiny pot and was pleased with the size and amount you get. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2003 11:20:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

lasts a long time and gives a nice sheer red to lips thats not too dark... I think it would look awesome on any one! smells slightly like bandaids but WHO CARES!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm too cheap to lay out this much for lip balm, but I got it as a gift. Usually pure reds are terrible for my colouring (green eyes, orangey-brown hair) but this is sheer enough that it just looks terrific. It's my no-lipstick lipstick, and it's lasting me forever. (I've been using it almost daily for two months and I think I've used maybe 15% of what's in there.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2003 6:23:00 AM More reviews by majorweather

This stuff is... okay. The color is nice, and the texture is nothing special, but fine. If you're looking for a hint of color in a more moisturizing base, try the Lip Tint from mylipstuff.com (go to "other stuff" and scroll down). I think it's a superior product, and it costs way less than Philosophy's balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the sheer red shade but the smell of this is really disgusting. I'm not sure how to describe it except to say that it made me feel sick to my stomach. Thankfully the Red Kiss Me in the Holiday Kisses set doesn't have the same revolting scent. I do love the color, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2003 6:47:00 PM More reviews by angel_eyed_lass

I like this lip balm. I used Body Shop's lip balms forever before switching to Philosophy's Kiss Me in Red. What made me switch? The flavor. It is so much more natural than anything I have found at the Body Shop. Also, it kicks up my lip color ever so slightly. I like to put a layer over MAC Spice lipliner for a nice day look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SuburbanSue

I like the texture of this balm -- I prefer greasy, Vaseline-like lip goo to waxy, hard sticks -- however, the smell is what turns me away. I don't know how to describe the odor of this lip balm; it reminds me of wrestling mats or Band-Aids. I know that sounds crazy, but I can't think of any other way to describe it. If you're looking for a tinted, Vaseline-y lip balm, I suggest trying the tinted Kiehl's balms instead. They're cheaper, the colors are nicer and they don't have that awful smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2003 12:35:00 PM More reviews by JenniC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips have been extremely chapped lately due to sun exposure and this product has done a lot to heal them. The color is very light and would not show up on someone with dark pigmented lips though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2003 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Ansje

Great colour - just right for everyday, a very sheer, rosey red, although it looks much darker in the pot. Rather expensive for a lip balm, but it smells great - really citrussy - and it keeps my lips really soft. One lippie off for cost - AUD$24 for the pot - but I can see it will definitely last a while - and am keen to repurchase when it runs out!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by wren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim after seeing it mentioned in so many magazines. I like to apply it when I'm out somewhere and need some gloss but don't want to go to the trouble of finding a mirror. I know that I can smudge some of this on my lips and it'll look better than nothing. *shrug* Not a miracle product for me; it doesn't add much pigment to my naturally pale lips, but I like the effect of the sheer gloss and I find the taste kind of addictive. Like some other reviewers though, this is more irritating to my lips than emollient - I'd never use it as a treatment. Will probably not repurchase, since I still have most of my pot left.