December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sal4evr

I, too, wanted this to be the cleanser to ease my recent breakouts due to the hot and humid summer we're having. Oh, how I wanted to write a positive review like all the ones I read about it, but alack. It didn't work for me. It didn't make my current breakouts go away or heal faster. In fact, I think it may have caused these two massive blemishes that are still healing (it's been two weeks now since they sprung). I enjoyed the scent and cooling sensation caused by the menthol in it until I learned that menthol is actually an irritant! The flip cap on mine was also flimsy, so I always had to really bang it hard against something to close it. I think maybe I just don't respond as well to a lower strength BP because I'm used to using 10% BP as a spot treatment. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by purplefluff26

Omg i was really exicted when i first used this product, i didnt use it as a cleanser because i had a feeling it would dry my skin out so what i did was every other night put it as a mask... now for the first 2-3 times of use it felt nice and clean and seemed to be not causing any breakouts but after using it for more then 2-3 times i starting noticing that it may be clogging my pores and is not helping with my annoying mild acne at all! All my scars seem to appear more red which kinda sucks, i love the feeling it gives when you have it on, but its a disappointment. Never buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, I really wanted to love this. I've heard so many great reviews about it, it smells wonderful, and it feels so nice after you clean your face. Unfortunately, my acne only got worse after using it. It's okay as a spot treatment for pimples, but still doesn't really do much. It's not worth the price, I guess if you only get blackheads, this would be a nice product, but I have a problem with giant red zits randomly popping up on my face. ]=

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really wanted to like this and if it weren't for my skins sensitivity toward Benzyl Peroxide I would think it's great. I used it first as a mask which left my face really red for about half an hour but really fresh and cool feeling, like my pores were opened up. Then I started using this as a cleanser and I started breaking out around my mouth and cheeks, and I usually have pretty clear skin. I stopped using this and I haven't broke out since, so I can pretty much guarantee that this was the culprit.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by shayal

I used this product as a cleanser, It made my skin look fresh and clean for the first 2 days and then I had a huge breakout. Never trying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by SmilesandMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used Skin ID for my acne and i loved it. it didn't totally clear up my skin and i'm looking for a better alternative. the cleanser i use-40- has the exact same ingredients as this product. but i don't like this product. it burns me skin very badly. i don't know why the Skin ID 40 does and this one doesn't, but it is very harsh. I do recommend Skin ID, me and my sister love it, but not this product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw all the great reviews about it so I HAD to purchase it especially since I was in need for a new cleanser hence my skin got used to my last cleanser and started to breakout.
Plus I already ran out.

I've had this for maybe 4 days now and it works great! I would def buy again!
As a cleanser it has cleared some big pimples on my face that I had, it soothes/ cleans my skin and I love the smell. It doesn't over dry my skin, cause redness or anything like that.
Now as a mask it works fairly good, nothing major so I prefer it more as a face wash.

Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by gmmace80

Great product! At my age, I don't break out that often, but once a month when the hormones go crazy I'll get a breakout. I keep it in the shower so I can use it on my face or my upper back if needed and it works well, but rinses away well enough so it doesn't bleach everything I touch. Also a plus that you can use it as a mask. You only need to leave it on for five minutes and it feels very cooling and soothing. I seen some reviewers have said it's been discontinued, but I just purchased it a couple days ago at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by JustLaugh96

Okay, I was at the drugstore looking for a new cleanser and also my "Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask" was running out, so i decided to grab the mask and then I was on the look for a cleanser. Then my eye came upon the "Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser and Mask" I was like...this is perfect! Exactly what I needed. I usually research my products before I buy them and the other day I was just plain spontaneous. I brought it home and went straight to my computer and found reviews for it. So far, so good. I had high hopes for this product now. As the crazy girl, I got excited and went to take care of my daily hygiene and to test out this new product. After brushing my teeth, etc., I was thinking...should I pick mask or cleanser? I chose cleanser. Ohh boy(: it felt very cool and refreshing. I really love the texture of it. Creamy. It was easy to handle and to remove (as a mask). It made my skin quality improve within just a few usages. I was soo happy that I decided to use it as a mask. It's not as exciting as a mask but it does dry out the blemishes. I love how it smells! :) it's soo much better than the proactive mask. (which to me works wonders but smells terrible!) I am just loving this product. One thing I must mention is..it does leave my skin a little oily. I tend to get shiny around my nose and forehead after using this. But I applied my Clinique Gel Moisturizer and it has helped plenty! Overall, this is a nice product to include in your busy everyday life. It has helped me improve my texture and I am very pleased with the results. Score! ;) and... Best of luck to you! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets oily just a few hours after cleansing, which causes me to have 2-3 breakouts evey week. However, since I first started using the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask a few weeks ago, I have noticed a major reduction in blemishes and the oil production of my skin. The active ingredient in this cleanser/mask is 3.5% benzoyl peroxide, and it dries my skin enough so that it can't produce pimples, yet it is still smooth and soft. I use it morning and night as my daily cleanser, and two times a week, I use it as a mask by allowing the cleanser to stay on my skin for 5 minutes. This method works great and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. You can buy a 4.2 fl oz tube of this at Wal-Mart or Target for $5-7. I really don't recommend this for people with dry skin, as the benzoyl peroxide can be a little drying to even my oily skin. Also, be sure to have a white wash cloth/towel on hand to dry your face with because this product can bleach colored fabrics. I will absolutely purchase this again, and I recommend that you do so as well.