April 19, 2014 | 1803 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the CVS generic version of this product, but it's the same ingredients (just cheaper and easier for me to find.) I am turning 40 and have developed acne flare ups that are so much worse than when I was a teenager! This product really works and I love the cooling effect it has. I use it as a mask 2-3 times/ week and as a cleanser every evening (I use Aveeno clear complexion creamy cleanser (not the foam) in the morning. I like to vary the acne products so I don't build up immunity to them.) Warning for using it as a mask: you can only apply a VERY thin layer of it to your face as the directions state. I once tried applying extra as a spot treatment to a pimple and it burned my skin and turned it red. I learned my lesson- directions are there for a reason, LOL!

If you have acne prone skin, use this cleanser and then follow with a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream and then you have to follow that with a light moisturizer and/or SPF or else all the BP will be too irritating and drying for your skin. That's my routine in the evening. In the mornings, I use neutrogena's anti blemish anti wrinkle cream after cleansing with the aveeno clear complexion cream cleanser and before my moisturizer (aveeno sensitive skin spf 15). In the evening I use this These routines have noticeably helped clear my skin up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was realllly hoping that I would love this after reading the reviews. Unfortunately it just aggravated my acne and made me break out even worse.

The pluses about this was that it wasn't overly drying for my skin and it did get rid of some of my blackheads and make my pores look smaller when used as a mask.

Unfortunately, just as I expected my skin hates it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by leeeeey

My sister travelled to US and brought this to me, i just love it !! It definitly cleared my pore, and helped me to prevent acne..but unfortunately, i could not find it in Canada.. Is it because they don't carry this product in canada? I really wanna get one..seems I have to go to US for this..Sigh..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Stinaa

OMG. Hello, my new favorite cleanser. I bought this product on a whim not expecting much at all. The results were surprisingly amazing! The next day I couldn't help but notice how soft and clear my face had turned out! I have really oily skin and this really tightens up my pores. It really toned down the amount of oil production on my face. I also looove the tingling effect it gives. I seriously cannot stop touching my face, it feels amazing, although I should stop since touching my face is not a very good idea!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I used this as a mask, left it on for five minutes, and my skin is RED and BLOTCHY. Will not be giving this a second try. I don't have super sensitive skin at all, so I'm not sure what made me react this way... as I write this 80% recommend it so maybe give it a try but with caution? Hope you have better luck than I had!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by californiagurlss24

Ive bought this product twice and loved it both times. Its creamy, thick and rich and really cleanses your face. Its got an amzing cooling affect that i love in cleansers because I feel like it really deep cleaned my skin. This is amazing and it helps keep my acne under control. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Lovely product!! Contains BPO! A perfect mask, as well as a cleanser! I use it mostly like a mask once a week, and it really leaves your skin cleansed just as a really expensive mask usually does.

I've had acne since i was 11 years, and this is one of the best products I have aver had, especially for that cheap price. This is almost as good as Peter thomas roth Sulfur Mask or DDF's mask for oily skin, but MUCH more worth the price!

Try it!! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jvice2

After reading a lot of good reviews, I decided to try this out. Plus, Neutrogena products usually work well with my skin and breakouts. I only use this 2x a week as a mask, and Purpose facial cleanser on other days. This is the best mask I've used so far. I leave it on for 5 minutes, and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I like that it's easy to find, which makes it convenient. You only need to apply a thin layer, so this stuff lasts pretty long. I only use a small amount all over my face. I'm probably on my 2nd purchase already.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by reesek

This is by far the best product I have ever used for my acne. I have used prescription facial cleansers before and nothing has worked better than this. I hope that Neutrogena keeps this around because it is amazing...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ibozic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hadn't seen this in a while and then today I went to Target and I went to the Neutrogena section to get makeup remover wipes and I saw this in stock. I bought two right away to be safe in the future. This is such a gem, I'm really glad it's back in stores. It works for acne that I get around my chin during my period and it works really well for whiteheads that pop up from time to time.