November 26, 2014 | 1787 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by 245am

i always am drawn to anything that promises hair that looks like you came from the beach. it makes me miss being back in hawai'i. and i think i always use them wrong. i bought this because my hairdresser would always use this and the thickening spray on my hair and she told me i if i had to pick up one or the other, she recommended the surf spray.

b&b's surf spray just makes my hair tacky, doesn't give it any texture or beach looking hair. it just makes me want to wash my hair or pull it back up in a pompadour. i did give an extra lippy for the packaging, i love that it is in a rubber bottle, which is also probably why i love NARS's packaging so much as well. i can't wait for my frederick fekkai beach waves spray to come in from sephora.com on friday, we'll see how much better that one works.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lgans1

Overall I liked this spray for my hair type. I have a lot of fine hair (so it seems thick) with a slight curl in the back, but straight in the front. It definitely made my hair wavy and did what I wanted it to do. However, it's not my favorite curl enhancing type product - it does make hair a little dry, and crunchy if you use too much. I put that I would buy this product again, but the fact that I haven't purchased it in over 3 years does say something. I like John Frieda's wave spray much more - it has oil in it that you shake up and then spray - and you can get it at the drugstore usually!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always been told by hair dressers that I have gorgeous, healthy, thick medium curly hair. Because of this I can experiment with hair products without fear of damaging my hair, well this stuff is BAD BAD BAD!
It left my hair feeling dry, crisp, fuzzy and undefined.I ended up with a rat's nest on my head and couldn't run my fingers through my hair it was so tangled. It also made my hair feel coated and dirty. I do not recommend at all. Not even a little bit. Double EW.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cacanzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definitely wouldn't call this product a bad product...however, it is not a good product for my hair type. I have very thick, wavy & naturally frizzy hair. Surf Spray definitely gives your hair texture and it certainly makes it very beach-like...but I think I was hoping that I'd have all the benefits of beach hair, but minus the negatives of beach hair. For me, the beach makes my hair EXTREMELY & this product dried out my hair as well. Also, since my hair naturally tends to frizz up, it also did so with this product. If my hair was naturally had more moisture and less frizz, I'd be able to give surf spray a higher rating...still, it's really not a bad product & I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a different hair type than me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by aleaster

I have fine/limp hair cut very short with a bunch of shaggy layers. This works great in my hair - but the trick is I spray a little on my hands first, then scrunch into dry hair only where I want wavy, messy texture. This method also makes the product last longer, which is important because it's super expensive! When I sprayed it directly onto my hair, I found the amount and direction hard to control, so I ended up with too much all over and got the greasy, flat look as a result. I don't know if it works on damp hair; I've never tried it because I use it as a finishing product. I know some reviewers don't like the scent, but I find it refreshing and natural compared to the overly perfume-y, fake coconut smell of other similar products I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by favola

It Has An Offensive Salty Odour But You Can Always Cover Up The Smell. Makes Waves Just Gorgeous.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Lapieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Idiot! I thought this was going to be la mer for my hair. Pictures of Gisele's hair this time whirled through my head.

Jesus I am such a sucker. Mark something up needlessly and i'm in. Some people swear by this but it just made me swear. It made my hair crispy crunchy and greasy. Way to go Lauren.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally have pretty defined waves in my hair, but after frying it with flatirons and blowdryers, my hair has lost a lot of it's waviness. My hairstylist recommended the B&B Surf Spray, and although I was weary of how effective it would be after reading some reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works. It adds some bounce to my hair and makes my hair wavy and calms down the frizz, which is a plus. I'm not too thrilled with the price since I could find something just as effective for much less, but I'll stick with my bottle and maybe buy more when I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Lyssy27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot, but there are some flaws. It definitely stays sticky in my hair, but it gives me lovely, low-maintenance waves with just a few scrunches. The black rubber bottle doesn't make me worry about the bottle cracking on my bathroom floor (as has happened with other products). Also, my boyfriend has been using it on his long and naturally curly hair before going out. I have to keep buying it because he loves it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I don't understand how to use this product but when I spray it on my damp hair and let it air dry and my hair ends up looking flat and dreadful. If I blow dry it, it looks frizzy. For the most part my hair is pretty straight but has a bit of a natural wave. I was hoping this product would give me texture and bring out the natural waves but it didn't work for me :(