August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cacanzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definitely wouldn't call this product a bad product...however, it is not a good product for my hair type. I have very thick, wavy & naturally frizzy hair. Surf Spray definitely gives your hair texture and it certainly makes it very beach-like...but I think I was hoping that I'd have all the benefits of beach hair, but minus the negatives of beach hair. For me, the beach makes my hair EXTREMELY & this product dried out my hair as well. Also, since my hair naturally tends to frizz up, it also did so with this product. If my hair was naturally had more moisture and less frizz, I'd be able to give surf spray a higher rating...still, it's really not a bad product & I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a different hair type than me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by aleaster

I have fine/limp hair cut very short with a bunch of shaggy layers. This works great in my hair - but the trick is I spray a little on my hands first, then scrunch into dry hair only where I want wavy, messy texture. This method also makes the product last longer, which is important because it's super expensive! When I sprayed it directly onto my hair, I found the amount and direction hard to control, so I ended up with too much all over and got the greasy, flat look as a result. I don't know if it works on damp hair; I've never tried it because I use it as a finishing product. I know some reviewers don't like the scent, but I find it refreshing and natural compared to the overly perfume-y, fake coconut smell of other similar products I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by favola

It Has An Offensive Salty Odour But You Can Always Cover Up The Smell. Makes Waves Just Gorgeous.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Lapieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Idiot! I thought this was going to be la mer for my hair. Pictures of Gisele's hair this time whirled through my head.

Jesus I am such a sucker. Mark something up needlessly and i'm in. Some people swear by this but it just made me swear. It made my hair crispy crunchy and greasy. Way to go Lauren.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally have pretty defined waves in my hair, but after frying it with flatirons and blowdryers, my hair has lost a lot of it's waviness. My hairstylist recommended the B&B Surf Spray, and although I was weary of how effective it would be after reading some reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works. It adds some bounce to my hair and makes my hair wavy and calms down the frizz, which is a plus. I'm not too thrilled with the price since I could find something just as effective for much less, but I'll stick with my bottle and maybe buy more when I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Lyssy27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot, but there are some flaws. It definitely stays sticky in my hair, but it gives me lovely, low-maintenance waves with just a few scrunches. The black rubber bottle doesn't make me worry about the bottle cracking on my bathroom floor (as has happened with other products). Also, my boyfriend has been using it on his long and naturally curly hair before going out. I have to keep buying it because he loves it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I don't understand how to use this product but when I spray it on my damp hair and let it air dry and my hair ends up looking flat and dreadful. If I blow dry it, it looks frizzy. For the most part my hair is pretty straight but has a bit of a natural wave. I was hoping this product would give me texture and bring out the natural waves but it didn't work for me :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this left me with beautiful texture, it went on slightly hairspray-like and matte. I received this from a very generous friend and find it better layered with other products. The hold is awesome and the smell is tolerable. The bottle is portable and durable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

I started using this product when I got my long hair chopped into a more layered bob style. Once I got used to it, I really liked the effect it gave my hair. It leaves a nice textured effect with a matt finish. I find it very easiy to style my hair with this in it. My ahir is naturally quite shiny and soft with a natural wave. I need to blow dry my hair well and then straighten it with GHDs to get a sleek style. So, I use this when I don't want to go through the motions of straightening. I use this instead, wet, and then blast dry my hair and I am left with a good textured, tousled style. Great!
I like the smell too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this and used it fairly regularly when my hair was longer and layered. I have had pin-straight hair all my life and the only way I could do anything about that was to get a perm, which I don't like doing since I have to color my hair as well. Fekkai Wave Spray did NOTHING for me. This actually gave me waves:-))) It was very fun to be able to wear a different look and have it even last a couple of days. It's not something you would be able to brush through without decreasing the effect, but I think that's kind of to be expected, isn't it? I found the texture of my hair with this much less distressing than its texture when I used the B&B Thickening Spray. Now THAT felt crunchy! Also, I love the smell of Surf Spray, though in any case, it doesn't linger.