November 21, 2014 | 1815 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by madaba

It is tough to get really excited about this product, but maybe the fact that I use it day after day with no complaint is enough of a recommendation. I am still using the sample sized version and it has lasted forever. Never does anything wrong (like cake into fine lines) and is overall dependable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this concealer as a GWP along with my Double Wear foundation. I wouldn't have purchased it on my own because I have other concealers I'm happy with, but I gave it a try. Overall, this does not work well for the undereye area--despite how little I use (seriously, the size of the head of a pin) and how well I moisturize, it ends up emphasizing every wrinkle. It works better on pimples or discolorations. However, even there it does not have the staying power I expected from the name Double Wear. It works best if you put it on and layer (lightly) the foundation over it. On its own, it tends to get dry and crack, which calls attention to what you're trying to conceal. I find it kind of hard to work with, as it is almost impossible not to get way too much on your face. I usually take a concealer brush and barely tap it to the sponge applicator and use it that way. If you are considering this, I'd recommend trying it at the counter - have them apply it or show you how and see how it wears on you.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by BeeYourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage is great, but I honestly don't know why the packaging was so ill thought-out. The size and slenderness of the tube makes it easy for traveling, but the lip-gloss like applicator makes applying and preserving it so unhygienic. I've been using the same tube of concealer for about four months now (there's surprisingly a lot - and I use a pretty generous amount each day,) and I've been noticing for the last three months that I've been getting whiteheads and even big pimples from where the concealer touched my skin. I am not unsanitary with the product; I wash my hands thoroughly before dabbing on a little bit on my finger, and lightly dab it on my trouble spots. Even with precautionary cleanliness, I'm still getting little breakouts. If you think about it, the packaging of the concealer is really gross. However you apply the concealer, the applicator touches skin, collects bacteria (even if you washed your face/hands!) and goes right back into the tube of remaining concealer where there's a whole pool of festering bacteria from your hands yesterday and the day before. Also, when the applicator is pushed in and out of the tube, a sticky-squelchy sound is made, and through that push/pull transmission of air, more bacteria enters the tube. Basically, the concealer has the shelf life of mascara. The concealer can only be used for a few months before the amount of bacteria infesting the tube is overwhelming and starts to show on your face. Considering how expensive the concealer is as well, I definitely do not think that this is a really worthy purchase. Unless Estee Lauder will consider changing the packaging to a squeeze-tube or something equally sanitary and efficient, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade 02- light medium) It's actually amazing. Blends so nicely on top of foundation and it doesnt cake if you were to put concealer first and then foundation on top. I love putting it under my eyes, just brings a lift to my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

Best concealer I have found so far. I used this 2 years ago & I don't know why I stopped using it! I recently purchased it again & I'm glad I did. It's easy to use. I just dab 3 dots on each eye and blend with my ring finger focusing on the inner part under each eye. Does a good job covering dark circles & blends easily into my Tarte TM. Will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ONLY concealer I have been using for years! I don`t use it under my eyes though. I use it on my face to cover up small dots and spots, like sun spots and red acne spots, etc. It is thick which I LOVE, so it really does cover. Also, it stays on for a looong time, I can say possibly all day, it looks very natural, never dry look. I had it in `Light` and now they have the `Extra Light` shade too, I am so happy, got that too! Price is good, $22, but for me it last a loong time. If you need to cover up little imperfections, this product is perfect! :-)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic concealer .Most decent concealers will cover darkness or blemishes but if you've got fine lines as I do, my main concern is a concealer that won't settle into fine lines and make them look worse.This dosen't make lines look worse but a good eye moisturiser underneath is necessary as otherwise I think it could be bit drying.It layers ok as well and has spf 10 which isn't ideal but better than nothing.I ue this in light/medium which tends to be pink toned but it's workable on my nw 15 complexion.This also has a brightening effect which I like.One of the best out there in my opinion,I wouldn't be without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by cheniece19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this concealer and I emphasize love! It cover very well but I don't like it for under eye like a lot of people, but it works out for scars. It was expensive, but totally worth a the money...RECOMMEND!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mlgibson494

I use this mainly for under the eyes. It smooths well, conceals dark circkes well. I use it with Lancome's Maqi yellow correcter and my circles disappear. The wand is awesome for applying it. It also covers acne well, without making it worse. Very pleased with the staying power as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this twice. I do like the concealer. Seems to do a nice job on undereye circles, stays in place and doesn't crease in fine lines too badly. Wish it had more SPF protection.