Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 9/5/2012 7:22:00 PM

Seeing as I have worn Estee Lauder DW foundation for years I would think the concealer was just as effective, It's nice for under the eyes but on pimples throughout the day the coverage slides away and moves around which was very disappointing, as well as forming into lines which looks awful.

on 8/30/2012 1:56:00 PM

I've been using this concealer for 10 years now. It works so well for me but occasionally I'll get swayed to try another brand. I find myself always returning to it. Light 01 works so well with my hard to match skin tone (neutral undertones with redness and acne scars).

I have found a few ways to combat the few negative aspects. When put under my eyes, it will crease unless I set it with a translucent powder. Applying before your facial moisturizer completely sets will help with the thickness. I even use it as a foundation in that way. Slap on moisturizer, apply concealer where I need it, and pat to blend. This is a great product. And I've tried so damn many. Runner up would be Makeup Forever but can't seem to find the right shade.

Also, my skin is fairly oily. Other concealers/foundations tend to slide off with oil. Not this though- it's like the oil comes through and the concealer sticks- I can even use oil-blotting sheets and the concealer stays.

on 8/26/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this instead of my Bobbi brown concealer and used on top of the Bobbi brown eye cream and peach corrector.
I have fair skin and really dark under eye circles so did not expect the perfect coverage but this concealer under eye is DRY DRY DRY ,no matter how much eye cream i use. Besides it makes lines more noticeable. Before this, people would ask me about the darkness ,now about the darkness plus the dryness, which is so depressing.

on 8/24/2012 6:35:00 PM

I had a love and hate relationship with this concealer. First, the pros of this product are the lasting-power (a good amount of 7-8 hours) and the fact that once it sets it doesn't tend to budge. On the other hand, the coverage is medium at best, it clings into any dryness underneath the eyes (or on the face) and when it sets it tends to turn quite orange. The turning orange part particularly bothers me because I'm lighter than NC15 (probably a NC10/05 if mac would make that shade :D) and even though the lightest colour isn't very off, I end up having orange pathes on my skin once it dries and it's really not attractive (and impossible to blend out once it sets).
So overall, even though this could work for someone with darker skin I definitely won't repurchase it.

on 8/23/2012 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm pale skinned with cool undertones and the lightest of shades, light 01, is too yellowish for me during winter, in the summer it's usable, but not perfect. I don't recommend this for using under eye area because it sort of makes it dry (maybe it's because of the "long-lasting" formula) and lines more noticeable. However, it is okay for other areas, but the dryness effect will always be there. The coverage isn't great, I expected it to be better for the price. The lasting power is decent.

on 8/21/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

What a great concealer this is for me! I am NC15 and the Extra Light is a perfect match. I got this because my beloved Clinique Airbrush Concealer no longer offers enough coverage for my undereye circles. The formula of this stuff is fantastic - once it sets it doesn't budge all day. It does set fast so work quickly. I use this for undereye circles only and it doesn't settle in lines at all. I like that it contains some sunscreen as well. Perfect!

on 8/15/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I Had bought this concealer having high hopes that it would conceal my dark circles and smooth my skin out, omg i was so wrong i bought the light medium i have tanned asian skin, when I opened it it was a peachy orange color it helped with the dark circles but it really dryed out the skin and gave me mila!!! I never get mila. So I thought il give it the benefit of the doubt and try moisturizing well, under the eye and then put the concealer on again but nope it made things worse I had to dab it into place so it would stop sliding, but the funny thing was it made my skin look dry an hr later it started coming off and the mila was still there :-( Very disappointed
The closest thing too the best concealer ive used is the 2000 collection concealer lasting perfection and it's alot cheaper too.

on 8/3/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely one of the best concealers I have ever used and is my HG. It covers extremely well without being cakey and it doesn't budge once you put it on! The lasting power is excellent and I don't have to worry about touching up any spots throughout the whole day. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. Even though it is on the pricey side I would give it a try!

on 8/3/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Great spot concealer and does a decent job at covering up my dark under eye circles. It doesn't cover them up completely, but does well enough and doesn't cake. It wears well on hot days too, and goes on smoothly. I use Light 01 and it works well with my warm, fair-medium skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't use this under my eyes and the one time I did, it looked cakey and fake and just weird so I don't recommend it for that. However, for covering acne scars, this works pretty good. I also haven't noticed that it causes any new breakouts which is a blessing with my skin. The one thing I do wish was different about this concealer is that I wish it was in a squeezy tube. The wand is a little unsanitary and causes some of the product to go to waste.