October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade 02- light medium) It's actually amazing. Blends so nicely on top of foundation and it doesnt cake if you were to put concealer first and then foundation on top. I love putting it under my eyes, just brings a lift to my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

Best concealer I have found so far. I used this 2 years ago & I don't know why I stopped using it! I recently purchased it again & I'm glad I did. It's easy to use. I just dab 3 dots on each eye and blend with my ring finger focusing on the inner part under each eye. Does a good job covering dark circles & blends easily into my Tarte TM. Will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ONLY concealer I have been using for years! I don`t use it under my eyes though. I use it on my face to cover up small dots and spots, like sun spots and red acne spots, etc. It is thick which I LOVE, so it really does cover. Also, it stays on for a looong time, I can say possibly all day, it looks very natural, never dry look. I had it in `Light` and now they have the `Extra Light` shade too, I am so happy, got that too! Price is good, $22, but for me it last a loong time. If you need to cover up little imperfections, this product is perfect! :-)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic concealer .Most decent concealers will cover darkness or blemishes but if you've got fine lines as I do, my main concern is a concealer that won't settle into fine lines and make them look worse.This dosen't make lines look worse but a good eye moisturiser underneath is necessary as otherwise I think it could be bit drying.It layers ok as well and has spf 10 which isn't ideal but better than nothing.I ue this in light/medium which tends to be pink toned but it's workable on my nw 15 complexion.This also has a brightening effect which I like.One of the best out there in my opinion,I wouldn't be without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by cheniece19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this concealer and I emphasize love! It cover very well but I don't like it for under eye like a lot of people, but it works out for scars. It was expensive, but totally worth a the money...RECOMMEND!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mlgibson494

I use this mainly for under the eyes. It smooths well, conceals dark circkes well. I use it with Lancome's Maqi yellow correcter and my circles disappear. The wand is awesome for applying it. It also covers acne well, without making it worse. Very pleased with the staying power as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this twice. I do like the concealer. Seems to do a nice job on undereye circles, stays in place and doesn't crease in fine lines too badly. Wish it had more SPF protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sbstem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for my HG concealer and have tried many (boi-ing, erase paste, bobbi brown, stila, urban decay, creme de la mer etc...) but this is by far the best. I discovered the double wear line from my girlfriend whose makeup always looks flawless yet natural. She uses double wear light and double wear concealer and the only reason I've been resistant to using Estee Lauder is because I'm such a packaging junkie and I simply find the EL packaging boring. However, if you have oily skin then this line is absolutely for you! I have insanely oily skin and this concealer will stay put and does not crease or cake. Never again will I use another concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by cherrychocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer recently at an Estee Lauder counter after reading many reviews here on MUA as well as on beauty blogs, and I've to say that I am extremely pleased with its performance. The SA at the EL counter helped me select a shade that matched my skintone, and I purchased this in Shade 2, Light-medium. For reference, I have acne-prone oily-combination skin, and I am around MAC nc25. So far all the concealers that I've used have not been able to stay on my skin for long and they tend to slide off my face after around 2-3 hours (that's how oily I am, combined with the humid and hot weather in Singapore). This concealer is fantastic, not only with its coverage but its price as well. Coverage-wise, this concealer was really being put to the test as I happened to have a huge zit on the tip of my nose when I first bought the concealer, and it managed to cover the obscene red thing really well, and after more than 5 hours, it was still relatively well concealed (I just had to touch up a little). This worked its magic on the rest of my smaller pimples and red acne marks, as well as my dark circles. I have dark circles that are blueish in colour, and I only need a small dot of this on each undereye to cover my dark circles; they were still well covered throughout the entire day without any cakiness. In general I did not experience any creasing or cakiness with this concealer.
Price-wise, this concealer is really worth its price for the amount of concealer you get, and it is slightly more affordable compared to other high-end brand concealers that are also well-raved about. Before I bought this concealer, I checked out the price as well as the texture of other raved about concealers at one of the local Sephora stores. The Amazing Cosmetics concealer was retailing at about SGD$40 for the small tube which contained 6ml of product and Hourglass Cosmetics Hidden Corrective Concealer was SGD$42 for 3.5g of product. This is cheaper than these two as it costs SGD$34 for 7ml of product, and I only have to use a very small amount to cover blemishes hence this concealer should be able to last me for more than 6 months. One tip the SA gave me when I tested this out at the counter is to tap the concealer in for better coverage instead of swiping and rubbing it in. My only wish is for this to come in a squeeze tube for hygiene purposes, but as I don't use the doe-foot applicator to dot the concealer directly onto my face, this is not too big of a concern for me as I can always use clean fingers to take a small amount to apply onto my imperfections.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

great concealer for under eyes. does not get cakey and blends very well.