April 17, 2014 | 925 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 8:37:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A magical tool i would say. I used to always use plastic eyelash combs - only setback was the teeth always broke! (My lashes can't be that tough right?) After recommendations from the lovely makeup board, i decided to get this. Worth every penny and truly delivers it's duty. However it's really sharp so be careful and make sure no one is around you when you're using this tool, especially kids and pets. I accidentally poked it into my eyes once - ouch! The pain lasted quite sometime. Other than that, if used with proper care and patience, this is a *must-have* in everyone's makeup pouch. Separates lashes beautifully and de-clumps mascara in a flash. Would definitely re-purchase if i lose this one coz i am sure this would last ages with its superb quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strapon

my lashes seem to have the tendancy to naturally clump together (even without mascara), so this thing is definitely a god send. I comb out my lashes immediately after I get out of the shower, later I apply my mascara and then carefully comb it out while wet. They look beautiful, fanned out and clump free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: An HG desert-island necessity! I use this eyelash comb before I apply mascara to "smooth out" my lashes and again to separate and comb out clumps. It's especially handy when I'm applying more than one coat. Works much better than plastic combs and make almost any mascara useable in a pick. CLEANING: Just dab a bit of liquid soap on an old toothbrush, then run the tines of the comb through the bristles. Rinse both thoroughly after cleaning, and wipe comb dry or let both air dry overnight. Works like a charm. I do this about once a week when I clean my other brushes :-)
Price: About $4 to $5 at Target.
Packaging: Not applicable.
Would I buy again: You bet! continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't like your mascara? This little tool is the answer to your mascara woes. Even the crappiest mascara will look good after you comb through your lashes with one of these. I don't like thick looking mascara, so after using this my lashes look lovely and long, but very natural. I do find the brush a little hard to clean really well, but I figure with the money I'm going to save on trying new mascaras I can afford to buy a few more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LizzieBit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gaurantee any woman who is complaining about clumps from a mascara is not using an eye lash comb...umm...a METAL eye lash comb! The plastic ones are horrible and do nothing...the metal ones on the other hand...this is the ONE beauty tool I could never live without!!!! EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ivana4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have for mascara wearers. If you don't have it, then don't complain about clumpy lashes, because mascaras are no miracle workers and you do need to comb your lashes to achieve a nice, natural look. The comb is very fine and durable, easy to clean with alcohol and paper tissue. It's a lovely make-up tool and it makes incredible difference. I absolutely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by pamaris

Just wanted to recommend this! I can't say anything that hasn't been said but I just wanted to join the chorus in singing the praises of this little secret weapon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by escebola

I love this brush hair. Its metallic bristles may scare you at first. Just try to be gentle when combing your hair. It's really effective. I don't have to use any kind of gel or other product to keep them perfectly groomed (my brows are quite tame, anyway).

I also find it really convenient to comb my lashes (agian, just be careful not to poke your eye; that sould heard). I don't have to worry about the state of the mascara or if I over-apply it. I just sweep my lashes after using mascara and the result is absoultely perfect.

The "packaging" is great, since it folds so that the metallic bristles are always protected. Therefore, it's great for travelling or carrying in your purse.

I hope I don't lose it or break it, but if I do I would def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

I have been using these little combs for at least 20 years, long before Tweezerman bought out the I-Lash Comb brand, and in all that time, I've only been through maybe 5. I've never had one break, but I've lost the little buggers. These are the most useful tool in my arsenal, making even the most clumpy mascara tolerable in a pinch. I cannot get by without it and a good eyelash curler. Before I found these, I used to open out a safety pin and use it in the same manner - better than a straight pin because it gave you a little more to hold on to. However, this comb's multiple little pins wins hands down. As many others have pointed out, do be careful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 3:44:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my lash HG! After trying all sorts of plastic ones I came across this metal comb and discovered that it works great!! Unlike the plastic ones that really do nothing. Just be careful as it is like a row of little needles.