October 20, 2014 | 862 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rockkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What an excellent product. Don't waste your money on the chintzy plastic lash combs - they just don't work. You really need the sturdy and rather pointy metal teeth to cut through serious clumps - and Tweezerman's lash comb is perfect. It's only about 5 bucks...what more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by JessaG

This is by far my favorite makeup tool ever!!!! You have to take your time when you use it or you risk poking your eye (which does hurt.) I have a huge mascara collection and this metal brush makes all the difference. To make this even better it is only like $6, seriously. How perfect is that?!?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyelash comb on the market. Those little plastic ones they give away with makeup bags are completely obsolete. The sharp, ultra-fine prongs will comb through even the most stubborn waterproof mascara clumps to give you a soft, full look. No more tarantula eyes! I like to use a thin layer of a thickening formula, sweep with the comb, put on a thin layer of a lengthening and sweep with the comb again. This method has given me fantastic results. That said, one caveat: it has sharp, ultra-fine prongs, and should be used with extreme caution. Take a deep breath, steady as she goes, and make sure your roomies know not to sneak up on you when you're doing your eye makeup. Those clumps go somewhere-- usually sticking in the teeth, so it's a good idea to clean it and sanitize it with something vision-safe. Use it with care and enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Fresnel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had given up on being able to avoid clumped lashes. I had tried and tried so many of those plastic lash combs and they never seemed to do much more than clump them even worse.
I never saw the point of paying $6.00 for something that I figured would do the same thing. Well I was wrong!! The tines are thin enough and properly spaced to actually comb through my lashes, which leaves me with perfectly separated lashes. I wish I had purchased this earlier.
I have had my metal lash comb for approximately 3 years and it is still going strong...nothing has broken off of it.
Just a word of caution, when I first used this I was not careful and jabbed myself in they eye. Ouch!! Don't do that, the tines are very sharp.
I definitely got my $6.00 and more out of it and would not hesitate to repurchase if necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, won't be able to ever wear mascara without this anymore. You can't find this in Belgium (where I'm from), but I bought this in NYC and I will start to stock them everytime I go there... As said by others: unique seperation, works on the worst of mascara's and just so cheap!
One bad side? Don't even think of using this 1 without a mirror, 2 while driving a car (or anything that might cause an uexpected arm/head movement ), 3 if you're extremely clumsy. The teeth of the comb are tapered and that basically means you're combing near the eye with really sharp needles!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

My hero! I'll never have to worry about clumpy lashes ever again! This is a great product everyone must buy, esp girls who get clumpy lashes and think it's great looking. It's a clear handles folding lash comb with gold toned metal bristles. You have to be very careful when brushing your lashes because it can stab you in the eye! Also, do it while the mascara is still wet because when dry it'll get stuck. I think this a fantastic product and it's only 6 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 8:37:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A magical tool i would say. I used to always use plastic eyelash combs - only setback was the teeth always broke! (My lashes can't be that tough right?) After recommendations from the lovely makeup board, i decided to get this. Worth every penny and truly delivers it's duty. However it's really sharp so be careful and make sure no one is around you when you're using this tool, especially kids and pets. I accidentally poked it into my eyes once - ouch! The pain lasted quite sometime. Other than that, if used with proper care and patience, this is a *must-have* in everyone's makeup pouch. Separates lashes beautifully and de-clumps mascara in a flash. Would definitely re-purchase if i lose this one coz i am sure this would last ages with its superb quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strapon

my lashes seem to have the tendancy to naturally clump together (even without mascara), so this thing is definitely a god send. I comb out my lashes immediately after I get out of the shower, later I apply my mascara and then carefully comb it out while wet. They look beautiful, fanned out and clump free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: An HG desert-island necessity! I use this eyelash comb before I apply mascara to "smooth out" my lashes and again to separate and comb out clumps. It's especially handy when I'm applying more than one coat. Works much better than plastic combs and make almost any mascara useable in a pick. CLEANING: Just dab a bit of liquid soap on an old toothbrush, then run the tines of the comb through the bristles. Rinse both thoroughly after cleaning, and wipe comb dry or let both air dry overnight. Works like a charm. I do this about once a week when I clean my other brushes :-)
Price: About $4 to $5 at Target.
Packaging: Not applicable.
Would I buy again: You bet! continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't like your mascara? This little tool is the answer to your mascara woes. Even the crappiest mascara will look good after you comb through your lashes with one of these. I don't like thick looking mascara, so after using this my lashes look lovely and long, but very natural. I do find the brush a little hard to clean really well, but I figure with the money I'm going to save on trying new mascaras I can afford to buy a few more of these!