July 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Fresnel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had given up on being able to avoid clumped lashes. I had tried and tried so many of those plastic lash combs and they never seemed to do much more than clump them even worse.
I never saw the point of paying $6.00 for something that I figured would do the same thing. Well I was wrong!! The tines are thin enough and properly spaced to actually comb through my lashes, which leaves me with perfectly separated lashes. I wish I had purchased this earlier.
I have had my metal lash comb for approximately 3 years and it is still going strong...nothing has broken off of it.
Just a word of caution, when I first used this I was not careful and jabbed myself in they eye. Ouch!! Don't do that, the tines are very sharp.
I definitely got my $6.00 and more out of it and would not hesitate to repurchase if necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, won't be able to ever wear mascara without this anymore. You can't find this in Belgium (where I'm from), but I bought this in NYC and I will start to stock them everytime I go there... As said by others: unique seperation, works on the worst of mascara's and just so cheap!
One bad side? Don't even think of using this 1 without a mirror, 2 while driving a car (or anything that might cause an uexpected arm/head movement ), 3 if you're extremely clumsy. The teeth of the comb are tapered and that basically means you're combing near the eye with really sharp needles!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

My hero! I'll never have to worry about clumpy lashes ever again! This is a great product everyone must buy, esp girls who get clumpy lashes and think it's great looking. It's a clear handles folding lash comb with gold toned metal bristles. You have to be very careful when brushing your lashes because it can stab you in the eye! Also, do it while the mascara is still wet because when dry it'll get stuck. I think this a fantastic product and it's only 6 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 8:37:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A magical tool i would say. I used to always use plastic eyelash combs - only setback was the teeth always broke! (My lashes can't be that tough right?) After recommendations from the lovely makeup board, i decided to get this. Worth every penny and truly delivers it's duty. However it's really sharp so be careful and make sure no one is around you when you're using this tool, especially kids and pets. I accidentally poked it into my eyes once - ouch! The pain lasted quite sometime. Other than that, if used with proper care and patience, this is a *must-have* in everyone's makeup pouch. Separates lashes beautifully and de-clumps mascara in a flash. Would definitely re-purchase if i lose this one coz i am sure this would last ages with its superb quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strapon

my lashes seem to have the tendancy to naturally clump together (even without mascara), so this thing is definitely a god send. I comb out my lashes immediately after I get out of the shower, later I apply my mascara and then carefully comb it out while wet. They look beautiful, fanned out and clump free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: An HG desert-island necessity! I use this eyelash comb before I apply mascara to "smooth out" my lashes and again to separate and comb out clumps. It's especially handy when I'm applying more than one coat. Works much better than plastic combs and make almost any mascara useable in a pick. CLEANING: Just dab a bit of liquid soap on an old toothbrush, then run the tines of the comb through the bristles. Rinse both thoroughly after cleaning, and wipe comb dry or let both air dry overnight. Works like a charm. I do this about once a week when I clean my other brushes :-)
Price: About $4 to $5 at Target.
Packaging: Not applicable.
Would I buy again: You bet! continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't like your mascara? This little tool is the answer to your mascara woes. Even the crappiest mascara will look good after you comb through your lashes with one of these. I don't like thick looking mascara, so after using this my lashes look lovely and long, but very natural. I do find the brush a little hard to clean really well, but I figure with the money I'm going to save on trying new mascaras I can afford to buy a few more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LizzieBit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gaurantee any woman who is complaining about clumps from a mascara is not using an eye lash comb...umm...a METAL eye lash comb! The plastic ones are horrible and do nothing...the metal ones on the other hand...this is the ONE beauty tool I could never live without!!!! EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ivana4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have for mascara wearers. If you don't have it, then don't complain about clumpy lashes, because mascaras are no miracle workers and you do need to comb your lashes to achieve a nice, natural look. The comb is very fine and durable, easy to clean with alcohol and paper tissue. It's a lovely make-up tool and it makes incredible difference. I absolutely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by pamaris

Just wanted to recommend this! I can't say anything that hasn't been said but I just wanted to join the chorus in singing the praises of this little secret weapon!