August 20, 2014 | 1092 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara base. I first got my hand on this when I had my makeup done at Lancome after seeing the effect had been made to my lashes. So I decided to buy this for a try and had been using this for the last few months. It had definitely lengthened my lashes and boost up the volume. Love the new look on my lashes and cannot live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

Wow, the difference a mascara base would make! I tried this for the first time last week and the cute boy who sat next to me commented on how long my lashes look. That's really saying something! *runs to buy tons more* XD

My lashes are definitelt noticeably longer with this product. I apply this first and before it dries, immediately apply my mascara. Va Va Voom, my lashes never looked more fuller and longer. Definitely a HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one doesn't work with any mascara. Ironically, it didn't work with Lancome Hypnose mascara - it was better without the primer as it made the lashes stiff and spidery. Ew. At least I was glad I didnt buy a full size tube and threw it at the bottom of my drawer.
Recently I decided to give it a try with my Maybelline Full n Soft mascara - and WOW I have babydoll lashes! They are longer, fuller, look like falsies!
And a tip: dont let it dry before you apply your mascara, apply mascara immediately. If you let it dry, it becomes stiff and your lashes end up looking messy and hard.
So I gave it a 4* as it doesnt work with any mascara and its application is sometimes tricky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Most definantly will keep buying this!!! Been using for about two years with the original difincils mascara! Love them both! I have always had great lashes but nothing like when I use this! I would always end up with racoon eyes...NOT with this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

Love this!! Hands down best primer I've ever used! It makes any mascara so much better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

i love experimenting with mascara related things. i was using shiseido's mascara base before and i started wondering if other mascara bases were just as good. so, i decided to give lancome's a shot. now, i have NEVER been satisfied with lancome products simply because their mascaras always end up making my lashes look dry and stiff. formula is always clumpy but somehow i started thinking this mascara base would be different. boy, am i freakin` stupid or what? the mascara base did nothing for my lashes. lengthen them a little? perhaps. it seems as though the product wasn't really going on to my lashes and overall, i didn't see much of a difference. it looks better when i don't use it. maybe it's because i have short asian lashes, it might work better for others but i hated this base.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still working my way through some samples of this and dread the day I run out and have to pay so much to replace it. But, what can I say? It works and to me, it makes a noticeable difference. Any mascara looks wonderful after applying this product, though especially Lancome Definicils.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by chayamk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product. Performs just as advertised. Thickens lashes, wears beautifully. Mascara looks great and lasts great.
Really good product. I bought this when Lancome discontinued the Fatale mascara that I really liked for evening wear.
I wanted something that adds thickness to my already long, but thin lashes and this does the job beautifully. I wear it with the Christian Dior Show mascara. It looks great day or evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I have bought this many times! I love it...it really makes a difference in how my lashes looked after mascara! I think it really is conditioning because of the patenol and such...but my curl stays better and my lashes look fresh! Worth a try. HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bluepig486

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a lancome cils booster xl and the original version user for 4+ years. This stuff makes mascara application easier and does make your lashes look longer and fuller. However, it does nothing to help your lashes keep a curl, even with my shu curler. So recently I changed to the shiseido mascara base. Shiseido does help keep a curl, but it does not do as good of a job in the length and volume department as this one does. If your lashes are generally a happy bunch and stay curled, then this is a very good base. Unfortunately, my lashes are just straight most of the time and won't stay curled without some excessive forcing in the form a of a curler and waxy base. It really depends on your preferences, but this is an overall very good base and I do recommend it.