Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 3/12/2010 1:32:00 PM

It does make a difference to your mascara when applied straight afterwards. I was surprised and I have never used a mascara primer before, didnt feel the need and have always been a bit skeptical about them.

But now its one of my must haves! I felt it made mascaras less clumpy, this was seemed true when applied after YSL Fffet-Faux-Cils mascara.

I like to combine this with the perfect Lancome Hypnose mascara for beautifully framed eyes. It is expensive and I hope it will last me a long time and not dry up! The packaging as ever by Lancome is perfect.

- KK. =^_^= .v.

on 3/10/2010 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

-makes lashes fuller and longer

on 3/9/2010 3:26:00 PM

It was ok but it totally dried up my Definicils Pro mascara which I had bought recently and it didn't make that much of a difference to my lashes so I returned it.

on 3/1/2010 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i think this stuff is amazing it doesn't look too white going on, the product isn't too thick at all or too wet, i apply it, wait a bit while setting my brows, and theenn i apply my full n soft or my oscillation mascara & find that my asian eyelashes look waayyy too good to be true, it does get a bit clumpy sometimes, so its always good to comb them out a bit towards the tip, unless you like that spidery look, but i like to use old mascara wands that i rinse out, cuz the bristles do an excellent job at separating :)

on 2/25/2010 9:08:00 PM

I bought this at Murale for about $35 canadian I think. I have short dinky asian lashes. My lashes looked AMAZING when the MUA put this on them with some lancome mascara. It was as if I was wearing fake lashes. Although the MUA put way more mascara on me than I would at home and as a consequence it smudged onto my lower eyelid later on in the day.

I use it at home with a mac studio fix mascara and it works fine. It makes mascara clump so I usually have to brush through the clumps with a dry mascara brush.

on 2/24/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as an extra in a swap and find it absolutely fabulous! I have been using it for a month now. I even did an experiment with Estee Lauder's lash primer over the month to see which one I liked better. I used EL lash primer on one eye and Lancome on the other and then did my eyes as usual with whatever mascara/liner/shadow/etc. Oh, and my lashes are short, somewhat thick and have no natural curl in them. This was the winner. Both primer's are great, btw. However, when comparing the two:

quick-even coating of lashes - Lancome
comes off with my usual removal routine - both
keeps my mascara from smudging/flaking/etc - both
thickens lashes - both
brush ability to separate lashes - Lancome
hold curl with lash curler - Lancome holds longer and stronger than EL
curls lashes (w/o lash curler) - Lancome
packaging quality - both the same
Lacome price $22
EL price $18.50
I could not find the actual weight of these in full size no matter how hard I looked! :(

I plan on buying this in full size as soon as I can. Oh, and just for an extra tid-bit of information....the gwp size of both of these....my Lancome is going strong and my EL is starting to fizzle out and both were new when I got them and I've used them the same amount.

This earned a lippie all on its own for curling my lashes without using a lash curler as I really HATE using them.

on 2/21/2010 2:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great product. It does what it says it will do, and has worked for me in tandem with Lancome mascara and also with other brands.

on 1/26/2010 11:57:00 PM

This will make ANY mascara look good. I put it on and then put mascara on over it without letting it dry. With hypnose its just amazing. packaging gets a 4 because its nothing special but its by no means bad. expensive, but worth it :)

on 1/13/2010 1:14:00 PM

So I haven't tried an awful lot of primers, only this one, a Estee Lauder one and the Lash Building Clinique primer. This one is truly amazing! But you have to be careful how you use it, don't let it dry, apply directly after (or a few seconds after) your usual mascara. It makes a big difference, even a pretty crappy mascara will look great with the Cils Booster primer on! It also works with almost any mascara (I tried it with Too Faced mascaras, Lancôme, Prestige, etc.). And it seems to do less harm on my lashes than the Clinique one. Plus, it doesn't sting my eyes when using it (the Clinique one stings horribly). Also, it doesn't make it hard to wash it off as some other primers do.
All in all, the best primer I ever used so far!

on 1/6/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was really impressed with this product! Cils Booster XL and the Hypnose mascara are among my first foray into Lancome beauty products (along with the other items that came in the 2009 holiday beauty box). Hypnose on it's own adds the perfect black color to my light brown lashes, and lengthens impressively. With the Cils Booster XL, it truly looks as though I am wearing fake eyelashes.

One downside is that without the booster, the Hypnose NEVER clumps on me, but with it, it takes some effort to take off excess clumping and separating 'spider lashes'. With a little experience I have learned that you do NOT have to use so much Cils Booster XL that your lashes are completely white, just one or two light brushes over the lashes is fine, even if you don't see much white color. Then, applying the mascara 30 seconds to 1 minute after applying the booster seems to work best for me.

In summary, an amazing product that, with a little experience of application, absolutely lives up to the claim of creating an amazing false eyelash look with none of the effort, discomfort, or worry that the glue will fail and your lashes will come undone halfway through the evening.

The look is absolutely dramatic.