October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

Very happy I invested in this brush :) I love using it for makeup application of normal to matte eyeshadows. It cleans very easily and dries quickly, never sheds, is the right amount of softness vs. stiffness, and I love that it is white so you'll know instantly if you have any colour on your brush.

This is an essential brush for me, and I don't have a very large collection of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great brush for building on color and for crease work. It is a partner brush for the 217, as together they can make a perfect look. The 239 brush packs on colors amazingly and the 217 blends very well. The price is ridiclous though and there are dupes for it as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by RyoRyoChiwa

Great brush. Ideal for eyeshadows, especially mattes, frosts and veluxe pearls by MAC. Excellent for packing on colors and building layers of shadow. Loew Cornell's dupe has longer bristles, and is scratcher than the MAC 239 (I actually use that one for wet pigments). If you are looking for softness and a thicker brush (density of the hairs) for eyeshadows-I would invest in the MAC 239. The softness alone is what sold me on this brush, which is important for people with sensitive eyes :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by sammywhammmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's stiff and great for putting on eyeshadow. ALTHOUGH, the price is ridiculous. There is an EXACT dupe that is a paint brush. So why would you need this for the $24 it is. There is also some brushes I have from Target that are the same. Not worth it if you don't have the money / even if you have the money. Overall as a product it's good. It's overrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

I've had this brush for ages and the hairs are still as soft and smooth as the day I originally purchased it. This hold it's shape well, never sheds and cleans like a dream. The hairs are so thick that they grip shadow without the least bit of pressure - no other shading brush I have applies product like this one does and I'm not lying when I say this brush totally changed the way I did makeup after I first bought it. I also want to say that anyone looking for a fast and super effective way to add color to your outer V should take a second look at this brush - the thickness and cut of the bristles make application fool proof.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by jennnifer1911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just recently purchased this brush and I now understand why everyone on MUA raves about. I use it to place eyeshadow to the lids and this brush holds so much more of the product than any other brush I have tried. It is dense but still soft to the touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

No brush I've tried packs on color like this one. It's very dense and picks up a lot of color. Perfect for packing on shadow onto your lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by veeveeaan

I'll keep this simple:
1) Thick, soft bristles get a good amount of product onto brush. I often find that I don't have to 're-dip' my brush into an e/s as often as when I use a smaller brush.
2) As it's got quite a lot of bristles it creates a thick enough tip that's great for blending out colours in the crease and for placing colours on the 'outer V' of the eye.
3) MAC brushes are not cheap, they are pricey but I think when a consumer walks in knowing how much money they spend, they not only buy the quality but also the brand. I don't mind paying more for a brand I like to support, plus it is definitely a good quality brush. Hasn't shed a single bristle on me - ever. It's not just got quality bristles it's also got a quality handle. I love the matte handles of MAC brushes, great to the touch.
4) Can I also just mention how super duper soft the hairs are? I love touching it even when I'm not applying make up. It's definitely very gentle on the eyes - again, worth the money. I don't think anyone wants a scratchy brush working on the gentle skin of their eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kt2113

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I adore my 139 so much! Not a day goes by that I don't use it. It applies color perfectly, whether you want an intense or sheer application. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush is fantastic for packing color on with absolutely NO fallout! I had a problem applying MAC "Antiqued" with a fluffy brush. This does the trick!

I don't think its THAT expensive considering the quality of these brushes. They will last a long time if cared for properly. I love this brush. Dense yet soft. Just what I was looking for. I was wanting this brush for awhile but I didn't want to pay shipping and handling or go back to the MAC counter considering I annoyed the MUA's there so since I saw free shipping on the website, I said why not???