Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in the Blackest Black shade, and it is amazing. The pencil is a twisty kind, which means you don't need to sharpen it (a huge plus for me). The black shade is a true black without being too harsh or garish and without turning a bluish color on my cool-toned skin by the end of the day (unlike Cover Girl perfect point plus eyeliner in Onyx-these are still WONDERFUL pencils still, I just use the Charcoal shade, a smoky dark gray, which is more true to color as the Espresso shade my sister uses). The only complaint I have is that this pencil has no smudger tip-I love those things, but it's not that big of a deal. A great product at a great price, and I will buy again.

on 6/21/2009 10:25:00 PM

I wear this eyeliner pretty much everyday (with the exception of sometimes reaching for MAC's fluidline). It was great staying power (especially for a couple bucks), and the color is true. They also have sooo many colors to choose from. I'm never going to stop using this!

on 6/18/2009 6:18:00 PM

I got this as an extra from a very generous swapper. And I must say as far as liner pencils go, it really is remarkable.I have the black, which is a very black smooth liner with subtle shimmer. I find it very long lasting, and it is VERY black. If I put it on with a base it almost looks like a liquid liner. After a whole day of wear it remains pretty much in tact. I cant comment on the price just because as I mentioned, it was an extra from a swapper. But all things considering this is one of the best stick liners I have encountered.

This is a fine eyeliner for everyday use and it does its job. Doesn't smudge, easy application, fairly smooth. Convenient packaging and very affordable - if the opportunity rises I would buy it but it's not something I would look especially hard for.

on 6/6/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this glimmer sticks for the whole month of May in Bombay (in extremely hot n humid climate) and this has truly been so amazing.
It does not smudge at all though very little smudging is observed (after all its an eyeliner stick)..it stays for a very long time intact.
It has now become a part of my daily make-up, I dont knw how I had managed without this one for all this time.
I think its a must-buy for all

on 4/25/2009 10:22:00 PM

This is a decent liner, but not great. I have it in gray. The color is nice and it stays pretty well. It says waterproof, but I'd say that's probably true if you were caught in the rain. It does smudge off during the day, not completely, but it doesn't stay as well as others I've tried. It's cheap enough, so it's probably a good deal, but I'd rather pay a little more for a liner that stays on better. I probably won't repurchase.

on 3/25/2009 4:32:00 AM

okay so i just got this today in the mail. I wore this for 6 hours and it hardly budge at all! I went bowling, shopping, movies, etc. I didn't smear at all and I wore it on my waterline. This eyeliner is super cheap (got it on sale for 3 bucks). I mean I am shocked that it worked this well. I have tried expensive and cheap eyeliners and this one takes the cake so far. I guess one con about this was that it didn't go smoothly as I like. I had to go over my crease and my waterline a few times. but awesome productt.

on 3/15/2009 10:46:00 PM

I strayed away from this eyeliner when I went to college, and I recently went through my mom's stash and went down memory lane trying out all her avon stuff again. I really like this eyeliner. I DO think you get your money's worth. I love all of the colors in it, it goes on so smoothly and the colors come out wonderfully. I usually wear liquid eyeliner because I usually wear a cat eye every day, but when I want to change it up a bit I can always count on this. I recently tried Rimmel and something by Wet N' Wild and they just do not compare to this. Plus I like how its not a pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening because for whatever reason I suck at that. Definitely keeping a bunch of these in my stash now that I've re-discovered them.

on 3/12/2009 5:33:00 AM

Smooth application, stays put, doesnt smudge or bleed like Kohl does (which in my experiance never goes well even when you want the smokey look). Overall my favourite eyeliner and I wear it every single day and have done since college (am now 2nd year uni) One also lasts about a year so you REALLY get ur moneys worth. If I get up five seconds before I'm supposed to leave the house for the day I ALWAYS find a spare second to put this on if i put nothing else on my face, my eyes look incomplete without it. It recently ran out and could not get hold of another (as was at uni) and had to try two other brands (Barry M and Rimmel) just did not compare, neither stayed put or looked as good.
Great results at a great price.
Favourite eyeliner, never going to change!

on 3/1/2009 1:16:00 PM

I like this eyeliner! Its good for everyday use and it's the only eyeliner I use! It applies smoothly onto eyelids. I like how it's retractable so you never have to sharpen. I like the price! It's great! The only thing that I do not really like about it is, it will occasionally run, and when you try to wipe it off, it makes it look like you have dark circles... =( You'll need eye make up remover to remove the stain from under your eyes... Maybe it's because I'm fair skin and use Blackest Black eyeliner.... but anyways, hopefully I will find eye liner that wouldn't run at all. I can say though, this doesn't run like any other eyeliner's I have used.