Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeliner is not that waterproof as it says, it comes off even before you want to take it off.

I have it in Blackest Night, dont like the fact that the color is not well pigmented, the black is not an intense black, you have to apply it three times to get a Blackest Night. I find it hard to get a thin line, cause im used to liquid liners, and the tip is not that fine.

The pros it has it has a nice package, its a lot of product, you get a decent, and the price is reasonable.

Will not repurchase because there better eyeliners for the same price.

on 7/11/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
Value for money
Easy wind-up packaging
Better pigmentation than the Ultra-luxury pencils

CONS:
Poor pigmentation - Blackest Black is more of a charcoal black not a jet black)
Transfers and smears VERY badly
Tugs on skin
Tip goes blunt after the first use so you only get a thick line
Doesn't have an inbuilt sharpener
Can't use on the waterline (packaging states a warning against it)
I have really sensitive eyes this gives me get red puffy itchy eyes

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in the Blackest Black shade, and it is amazing. The pencil is a twisty kind, which means you don't need to sharpen it (a huge plus for me). The black shade is a true black without being too harsh or garish and without turning a bluish color on my cool-toned skin by the end of the day (unlike Cover Girl perfect point plus eyeliner in Onyx-these are still WONDERFUL pencils still, I just use the Charcoal shade, a smoky dark gray, which is more true to color as the Espresso shade my sister uses). The only complaint I have is that this pencil has no smudger tip-I love those things, but it's not that big of a deal. A great product at a great price, and I will buy again.

on 6/21/2009 10:25:00 PM

I wear this eyeliner pretty much everyday (with the exception of sometimes reaching for MAC's fluidline). It was great staying power (especially for a couple bucks), and the color is true. They also have sooo many colors to choose from. I'm never going to stop using this!

on 6/18/2009 6:18:00 PM

I got this as an extra from a very generous swapper. And I must say as far as liner pencils go, it really is remarkable.I have the black, which is a very black smooth liner with subtle shimmer. I find it very long lasting, and it is VERY black. If I put it on with a base it almost looks like a liquid liner. After a whole day of wear it remains pretty much in tact. I cant comment on the price just because as I mentioned, it was an extra from a swapper. But all things considering this is one of the best stick liners I have encountered.

This is a fine eyeliner for everyday use and it does its job. Doesn't smudge, easy application, fairly smooth. Convenient packaging and very affordable - if the opportunity rises I would buy it but it's not something I would look especially hard for.

on 6/6/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this glimmer sticks for the whole month of May in Bombay (in extremely hot n humid climate) and this has truly been so amazing.
It does not smudge at all though very little smudging is observed (after all its an eyeliner stick)..it stays for a very long time intact.
It has now become a part of my daily make-up, I dont knw how I had managed without this one for all this time.
I think its a must-buy for all

on 4/25/2009 10:22:00 PM

This is a decent liner, but not great. I have it in gray. The color is nice and it stays pretty well. It says waterproof, but I'd say that's probably true if you were caught in the rain. It does smudge off during the day, not completely, but it doesn't stay as well as others I've tried. It's cheap enough, so it's probably a good deal, but I'd rather pay a little more for a liner that stays on better. I probably won't repurchase.

on 3/25/2009 4:32:00 AM

okay so i just got this today in the mail. I wore this for 6 hours and it hardly budge at all! I went bowling, shopping, movies, etc. I didn't smear at all and I wore it on my waterline. This eyeliner is super cheap (got it on sale for 3 bucks). I mean I am shocked that it worked this well. I have tried expensive and cheap eyeliners and this one takes the cake so far. I guess one con about this was that it didn't go smoothly as I like. I had to go over my crease and my waterline a few times. but awesome productt.

on 3/15/2009 10:46:00 PM

I strayed away from this eyeliner when I went to college, and I recently went through my mom's stash and went down memory lane trying out all her avon stuff again. I really like this eyeliner. I DO think you get your money's worth. I love all of the colors in it, it goes on so smoothly and the colors come out wonderfully. I usually wear liquid eyeliner because I usually wear a cat eye every day, but when I want to change it up a bit I can always count on this. I recently tried Rimmel and something by Wet N' Wild and they just do not compare to this. Plus I like how its not a pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening because for whatever reason I suck at that. Definitely keeping a bunch of these in my stash now that I've re-discovered them.