September 3, 2014 | 958 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just used this for the first time last night. I only left it on for about 4 minutes while I shaved my legs in the shower. After I rinsed it out, I put on my L'Oreal Pro Absolu Repair and left it on for about 2 minutes. I didn't want to add much product, because I wanted to see how well this stuff worked. I only used some Potion 9. I blow dried my long, coarse, wavy hair, and then straightened with my Sedu. My hair feels and looks healthy and strong. I am ordered a big bottle as soon as my mini runs out. Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best treatment I've used. I have a version where the instructions state to leave product in hair for 1-2 minutes, but after reading reviews here, I leave it on for much longer and use heat. Definitely notice much better hair condition. Will repurchase this again and again. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 3:44:00 AM More reviews by christietx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great product to restore protein to severely damaged hair. It's not a conditioner. If you're expecting it to make your hair soft, then you'll be disappointed. Instead, this product is designed to strengthen hair that's in terrible shape. After using this, you'll need to rewash your hair and condition it.

Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ostamos

This really worked on my now growing nape length naturally wavy fine unchemically treated semi damaged hair. Caused by using Sunsilk Antiflat and not cutting for a while. I used Vo5 hot oil but after about a week and it went back to straw. It looked horrible. I have not had straw hair since the eighties when I was perming and coloring it different colors. After looking at reviews (Thank you MUA ladies) :) about two weeks ago I did a treatment. I used Therrape to wash then I used Emergencee for 20 minutes without heat (even though the directions say 10 miuntes). Then I washed Emegencee out with Therrape and I used Humectress for 3 minutes. After only one treatment I don't have straw hair anymore. I still should do a couple more treatments though. I did give it a 5 for packaging even though I puchased the 3.3 ounce for $15.00. It's so small. But I really don't think you will have to use it that much once your hair is in back in good condition. But if you have long thick hair that is damaged you should try to buy a 16.9 ounce even though it costs so much money. I don't think I'll even finish the 3.3 ounce container after doing even 5 more treatments. I will do a 2nd treatment like in about 10 days or so. I've been using Thermasilk or Pantene Moisturizing Shampoo and Condiioner in the meantime and it feels and looks healthy now. I would'nt use this unless your hair is semi damaged or damaged. It is worth every penny. Update. I did this Emergencee one more time. My hair did not look too good the first two times after I used it right afterwards but the next time I washed it and did not use a conditioner It looked really great. Now I am back to just using shampoo and and doing a weekly VO 5 hot oil treatment. I don't think I will need to use it again for a long while. No more straw hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome. For damage control I use it once a month. However if you have severe damage and this is the first time using it, you should do the treatment once a week for 4 weeks (20 minutes under a heat cap or hair dryer) and then once a month after that. There is something people need to understand about this product: RECONSTRUCTORS ARE NOT CONDITIONERS and are not designed to make hair soft. They are designed to buffer damage. They work by penetrating the hair cutlicle and filling in the damage spots (that is why you need to use heat. To get the cuttlicle to open). After applying the treatment your hair will feel like straw. That is normal with protein treatments(IT SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY). You must then do a deep conditioning treatment. I use my favorite conditioner wich is Redken Butter treat and I use it with heat for 10 to 15 minutes after protein treatments. After that, my hair is fab!!!. You can use your favorite conditioner instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair had been double-process dyed 3 TIMES in 1 month -- and it was "dangerously damaged". My stylist showed me this combo: shampoo with Therappe. Mix Emergencee, Epitome & Keraphix, in equal parts in the palm of your hand. Distribute it through hair (being not stingy) sit under heat lamp for 20 minutes, or use plastic cap & blowdryer. You may think that's a lot of trouble to go to -- until you see what it does for your hair. Not only did my hair not look like straw -- it was actually SHINY. The stuff saved my hair absolutely. My stylist's name was Tony Caputo, in San Francisco, and I love him.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by onthemove

This is truly a miracle worker! I have been through a plethora of products that dare claim to make a real difference in the condition of my hair. Nexxus Emergencee has really outshined them all. It really has improved the texture, feel and look of my hair. I have fine, colour-treated hair and I have had nothing but success with this product. Def need a moisturizing conditioner after application of this. I apply it in my shower after shampooing, squeeze into hands and evenly coat hair. Then I apply a shower cap and leave it on as long as I can. Rinse it out well and apply conditioner. My bottle states 2-3 minutes but I leave it in as long as my shower takes me. It really makes my hair behave and I use it every few days to once a week depending. It may seem like a lot of money to fork over but in reality it is an excellent value for the results I get. Will def repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, colored hair that was in need of some TLC so I bought this based on the reviews here.

I think it is really important to stress again that you definitely use a conditioner after this treatment... it's not a deep conditioning treatment in and of itself. I think it just repairs your hair and makes it more receptive for the conditioner.

Anyway, the first itme I used it I didn't see a big difference -- but after the second time last week -- I'm not kidding... completely transformed hair! Softer than it's been since I started coloring it a year a go.

This stuff is so pricey, but definitely worth a try if you are hard on your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by CatFanatik

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Emergencee for the first time last night. I bought it at Harmon's.
First I 'pooed with Kiwi, I think, then applied the Emergencee. Some people have said a little goes a long way, but I think I used half the bottle! Maybe it just soaked right into my hair.
Kept it on for 20 minutes (no heat, just a towel) -- then 'pooed again (according to the directions) then conditioned with Humectress. I left the conditioner on, then rinsed it out about 20 minutes later. My hair still felt stiff upon drying, so I conditioned again with Humectress and left it on all night. This morning I rinsed it out. What was amazing is that I didn't have clumps of hair falling out as usual. Maybe a couple of strands, that's it!! After drying, my hair is very soft, a little more bouncy, actually my color tone seems more even. It added a bit of a shine.
I'm going to get my hair trimmed in 1/2 hour so hopefully when I cut off my MANY dead ends... I'll have a new head of hair.
I like this product alot. I may even raise my rating to a 5 after trying it for a while!

PS Do NOT get this stuff in your eyes. OUCH. I guess the "acid" ingredient is what hurt.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by chadsmom

This is the best conditioner/reconstructor for your hair! LOVE THIS. It repairs the worst of hair back to healthy state. My hair is fine, thin, and colored. It's dry as straw (literally) when wet, but this gives it vitality again and keeps it from breaking off and brings the life back to it. Wonderful stuff. I need a gallon! One secret, my hairstylist said don't wash it out. You apply it for 3-5 minutes after washing, and rinse. Washing it out removes half the good stuff! I leave it in...rinse and style. When it's wet, it feels funny because of the product, but it's soft when dried and full of body. Forgot to add that I condition with conditioning balm Biolage after rinsing. That's CRUTIAL! makes your hair extremely soft.