Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 5/26/2007 1:15:00 PM

I did not see any results. I hair is still falling for the root. I used it once thought. I did not cover with plastic wrap or gave any heat while using this product. I did not use nexxus shampoo and conditioner with this product. Is it important to use nexxus shampoo and condtioner with this product. I can't believe that I am so disappointed. I had high hopes for this stuff. I am willing to try this again. Please email me (sgupta72@hotmail.com), if I did something wrong with this product. Do I see result after using certain times?????left with more questions and disappointment. Please reply.

on 5/10/2007 6:01:00 AM

I do this treatment about once every 2 months or before I get my hair highlighted. This product without a doubt strengthens my hair and makes it incredibly soft and shiny. Just remember to use a deep conditioner afterwards. This is the best protein treatment I have found. It works wonders on my long blonde hair.

on 5/8/2007 9:41:00 AM

I just used this for the first time last night. I only left it on for about 4 minutes while I shaved my legs in the shower. After I rinsed it out, I put on my L'Oreal Pro Absolu Repair and left it on for about 2 minutes. I didn't want to add much product, because I wanted to see how well this stuff worked. I only used some Potion 9. I blow dried my long, coarse, wavy hair, and then straightened with my Sedu. My hair feels and looks healthy and strong. I am ordered a big bottle as soon as my mini runs out. Awesome product!

on 5/6/2007 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The best treatment I've used. I have a version where the instructions state to leave product in hair for 1-2 minutes, but after reading reviews here, I leave it on for much longer and use heat. Definitely notice much better hair condition. Will repurchase this again and again. Amazing.

on 4/23/2007 3:44:00 AM

A great product to restore protein to severely damaged hair. It's not a conditioner. If you're expecting it to make your hair soft, then you'll be disappointed. Instead, this product is designed to strengthen hair that's in terrible shape. After using this, you'll need to rewash your hair and condition it.

Great stuff!

on 4/18/2007 2:32:00 PM

This really worked on my now growing nape length naturally wavy fine unchemically treated semi damaged hair. Caused by using Sunsilk Antiflat and not cutting for a while. I used Vo5 hot oil but after about a week and it went back to straw. It looked horrible. I have not had straw hair since the eighties when I was perming and coloring it different colors. After looking at reviews (Thank you MUA ladies) :) about two weeks ago I did a treatment. I used Therrape to wash then I used Emergencee for 20 minutes without heat (even though the directions say 10 miuntes). Then I washed Emegencee out with Therrape and I used Humectress for 3 minutes. After only one treatment I don't have straw hair anymore. I still should do a couple more treatments though. I did give it a 5 for packaging even though I puchased the 3.3 ounce for $15.00. It's so small. But I really don't think you will have to use it that much once your hair is in back in good condition. But if you have long thick hair that is damaged you should try to buy a 16.9 ounce even though it costs so much money. I don't think I'll even finish the 3.3 ounce container after doing even 5 more treatments. I will do a 2nd treatment like in about 10 days or so. I've been using Thermasilk or Pantene Moisturizing Shampoo and Condiioner in the meantime and it feels and looks healthy now. I would'nt use this unless your hair is semi damaged or damaged. It is worth every penny. Update. I did this Emergencee one more time. My hair did not look too good the first two times after I used it right afterwards but the next time I washed it and did not use a conditioner It looked really great. Now I am back to just using shampoo and and doing a weekly VO 5 hot oil treatment. I don't think I will need to use it again for a long while. No more straw hair.

on 4/16/2007 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is awesome. For damage control I use it once a month. However if you have severe damage and this is the first time using it, you should do the treatment once a week for 4 weeks (20 minutes under a heat cap or hair dryer) and then once a month after that. There is something people need to understand about this product: RECONSTRUCTORS ARE NOT CONDITIONERS and are not designed to make hair soft. They are designed to buffer damage. They work by penetrating the hair cutlicle and filling in the damage spots (that is why you need to use heat. To get the cuttlicle to open). After applying the treatment your hair will feel like straw. That is normal with protein treatments(IT SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY). You must then do a deep conditioning treatment. I use my favorite conditioner wich is Redken Butter treat and I use it with heat for 10 to 15 minutes after protein treatments. After that, my hair is fab!!!. You can use your favorite conditioner instead.

on 4/12/2007 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair had been double-process dyed 3 TIMES in 1 month -- and it was "dangerously damaged". My stylist showed me this combo: shampoo with Therappe. Mix Emergencee, Epitome & Keraphix, in equal parts in the palm of your hand. Distribute it through hair (being not stingy) sit under heat lamp for 20 minutes, or use plastic cap & blowdryer. You may think that's a lot of trouble to go to -- until you see what it does for your hair. Not only did my hair not look like straw -- it was actually SHINY. The stuff saved my hair absolutely. My stylist's name was Tony Caputo, in San Francisco, and I love him.

on 4/2/2007 9:01:00 AM

This is truly a miracle worker! I have been through a plethora of products that dare claim to make a real difference in the condition of my hair. Nexxus Emergencee has really outshined them all. It really has improved the texture, feel and look of my hair. I have fine, colour-treated hair and I have had nothing but success with this product. Def need a moisturizing conditioner after application of this. I apply it in my shower after shampooing, squeeze into hands and evenly coat hair. Then I apply a shower cap and leave it on as long as I can. Rinse it out well and apply conditioner. My bottle states 2-3 minutes but I leave it in as long as my shower takes me. It really makes my hair behave and I use it every few days to once a week depending. It may seem like a lot of money to fork over but in reality it is an excellent value for the results I get. Will def repurchase again and again!

on 3/26/2007 2:18:00 PM

I have fine, colored hair that was in need of some TLC so I bought this based on the reviews here.

I think it is really important to stress again that you definitely use a conditioner after this treatment... it's not a deep conditioning treatment in and of itself. I think it just repairs your hair and makes it more receptive for the conditioner.

Anyway, the first itme I used it I didn't see a big difference -- but after the second time last week -- I'm not kidding... completely transformed hair! Softer than it's been since I started coloring it a year a go.

This stuff is so pricey, but definitely worth a try if you are hard on your hair.

Popular Hair Treatments