Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 7/13/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My daughter's pediatrician gave me a tube of this for a rash she had developed on her cheeks. I applied it twice a day for a week and saw no improvement at all. I ended up massaging her cheeks with burt's bees apricot baby oil and the rash was completely gone in three days! What works for some doesn't work for all....

on 7/11/2012 2:49:00 PM

This stuff is PHENOMENAL!!! If Neosporin and Vaseline had a baby this would be it minus the nasty Neo smell and the gloopy glorpy texture of Vaseline. It's incredibly moisturizing and nice smelling in my opinion. I use it for everything from burns & scratches to lip balm & as an after waxing moisturizer/ treatment. This product is a must have not only for healing purposes but for beauty purposes also :)

on 7/5/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The best of the best! I have extremely dry skin and this has helped me throughout my entire life. Seriously! My parents have been putting this on me since I was a baby. Yes, it's heavy and yes, it can be messy, but it works so well. Use it for everything!

on 6/28/2012 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMYGOSH this stuff is AMAZING.I had really chapped lips and I remember crying because my lips were always irritated and dry. But I have been using this stuff since Grade 4 and it has never let me down. I always put it on throughout the day and before I go to sleep. So yea definitely recommended :D

on 6/17/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In Canada this is called, "Aquaphor Skin Protectant Ointment" - exact same formula though. I wanted to give this a good run before reviewing ...I have been using it for about a month now. I didn't notice a huge difference right away but now I can honestly say I never want to be without this product. If you suffer from eczema on your face, you will feel my pain..there is not much you can do about it, as most medications are dangerous around the eye. I use this over my aveeno eczema care cream and pretty much all over my face. it really seals in the lotion and does provide some moisture itself. it doesnt really absorb into the skin unless you are EXTREMELY dry but it does give my face comfort throughout the entire night and causes me to itch less. this didnt happen right away, but with nightly use i notice a significant decrease in facial eczema and it is almost entirely cleared up around my eye...obviously diet and other factors will make it flare up again but i am definitely keeping this in my regimine. thank you mua for recommending this!!!

on 6/16/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I started accutane and my lips were dried out horribly and no chapstick I had would work, even the vegan ones made from a bunch of butters weren't cutting it. A coworker who had been on accutane recommended this for me to use on my lips and on my skin that cracked underneath my lips. When I saw the ingredients, I wasn't impressed because it's such an old formula with petroleum and mineral oil as the 2 biggest ingredients. Though, it's a formula fantastic for sensitive skin.

She insisted I get it, so I did, and it was the best purchase I ever made for my skin and lips. After one day that horribly cracked patch of skin is nearly healed! I am so happy because the pain and itch are gone. My lips are as good as new. It's a thick, clear gel so it stays on your lips and skin for hours, so my skin was able to heal without reapplying every 10 minutes, like with other chapsticks I was using. This might replace my nivea cream I have used since childhood as my nighttime balm for my lips because it's clear and so I won't look like a weirdo with thick, white lips. The winters are harsh here so I think I found my skin protector to survive the subzero windchills and high wind speeds while working outdoors.

My biggest con is that it's extremely oily, but that's what I wanted in this case. If you don't like the greasy feeling, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. It's a life saver ever since I started accutane.

on 6/16/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG for everything. i use this on my lips before lipstick, as a every-other-night face moisturizer, on my elbows, heels, you name it! great stuff. never breaks me out, just moisturizes like a BOSS! i would die without this!

on 6/13/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Aquaphor is a godsend! It has so many uses, it's just great. The healing ointment comes in either a jar with a screw-top lid and a squeeze tube (different sizes). I have used both. I prefer the squeeze tubes because I believe it's more sanitary. I was reccommended this by my doctor a few years back when I did an Accutane course (the medication dries your skin out greatly).
----------
I use this primarily to hydrate my dry lips, but other times I will use it on dry patches that might appear on my face. It's a great formula; it absorbs well and hydrates accordingly.
----------
Just a tip: if you really like the stuff, I suggest buying the mini squeeze tubes for on-the-go purposes! It's about the size of a lip gloss or chapstick. Great addition to your bag/tote! :)

on 5/28/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have the driest hands ever. EVER. I slather this all over my hands morning noon and night and it keeps them moisturized. Love it.

on 5/28/2012 11:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in a swap. I love it. It heals quickly and being in a tube you don't have to dip your fingers in it. I really don't like having to dip my fingers into stuff. I will buy this stuff--in fact I may stock up on it in case it is discontinued.