April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am among the many converts to this lip product. I use the Aquaphor Healing Ointment in the lip tube, not the Aquaphor Lip Treatment. It works! I have sensitive lips, and this stopped rampant chapping and peeling overnight. Be careful to stay within the lip lines - I got some blackheads around my lips until I got used to it. As other reviewers have said, it works on dry patches as well. This is my HG lip product. I wish the two-tube pack was not so expensive for the amount of product you get, compared to the gigantic, cheap tubs. I solved this problem by scooping it from the tub into the tiny plastic cosmetic sampler pots you can get at makeup counters.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahdance

This product is 41% petrolatum which is the same as Vaseline petroleum jelly. Save yourself lots of money and buy Vaseline or baby oil if you like this type of moisturizer.

I don't like this for the same reasons I dislike using Vaseline petroleum jelly. It's greasy and stays on the surface of your skin.

My dry/combination skin requires a serious moisturizer during our Minnesota winters so I tried this and gave it away after one use. I'll go back to Gold Bond for my body and stick with my lanolin for my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using this product I have discovered that I have sensitivities to lanolin. I applied this one night and awoken in the morning to a lovely red, itchy, and dry peeling face. If you have sensitivities or allergies to lanolin I would steer clear of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by avi00z

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one product that I will continue to buy over and over again. I have very dry, chapped lips and I have tried almost everything to keep them hydrated ( even high end lip balms) . This is the only product that works like magic , I put it on overnight and the next morning my lips are soft , hydrated and healthy looking. The texture is very thick so you don't need to use a lot of product and it stays on all night. It comes in a tube so you don't have stick your finger in the whole product. As far as the price goes, it might seem a bit pricey for a drug store product , but one tube lasts for long time . I would definitely but this again and if you are not sure about this , just try it once and won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by cookiemonster23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my lips everyday, and it is amazing. The consistency is much more dense than vaseline, so a very little goes a long way. Because I have oily skin, I never put it anywhere my face. For me, it is reserved for my lips and my skin if I have any areas of itchiness. I think walgreens or walmart makes a knockoff, and that one is really good too. It's a little less thick, but still works very well. Definitely a good product to have around.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hands are very dry and sensitive. There are many lotions I can't use because they actually dry my hands out!? Don't know why, but it makes it hard for me to use most hand creams. I tried it in the jar because tubes are hard to use and wasteful. It is too thick for day time use, so I used it at night and put on gloves. While it felt good on my hands, it really didn't help make them better in the morning. It's just a version of Vaseline. Took it back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

This past summer I skimped out on sunblock during a gondola trip up into the Canadian mountains. As a result, my face was moderately wind burned and bright red. Luckily the sun burn developed many hours after the ride and well past dinner. My sister happened to pack a tub of aquaphor with her since she had recently gotten a tattoo and needed an occlusive and emollient substance to lock in the moisture in her skin. Although my skin is combination oily I was able to use this product without experiencing any breakouts. Within a day of the incident my redness subsided and there was no blotchiness on my skin to suggest that I even had a sunburn. During the winter in college my skin becomes very dry to the point where I develop dry skin flakes around my temples, between my brows, and around my mouth region. My skin is currently sensitive to almost any moisturizer I put on and this ointment is the only thing that doesn't irritate my skin. Will definitely keep repurchasing :D this doesn't make my skin look greasy at all! It absorbs well.
Update: (2/9/2012): I can't use this too often or with gentle cleansers or else I will break out a little.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pretty greasy but slightly better than vaseline. I got a travel tube to use for my lips, its works ok not as wonderful as everyone below me as experienced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product for my hands, lips, elbows, and feet! Nothing beats it! In my opinion, MUCH better than Vaseline. It's a god-send for my hands and cuticles in the winter. I keep a jar in my desk, night-stand beside my bed, and a tube in my purse at all times. A little goes a long way and it does take a few minutes to absorb into the skin. I like that it is fragrance free, no-nonsense, very few ingredients, but very effective. It is a bit pricey, however, it does last forever. It even does a fantastic job of smoothing down the dry, frizzy ends of my hair and eliminating static. After I use this on my hands, I lightly rub my hands over my hair and it does the trick!
Great multi-purpose, winter staple to have on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by gnat

A coworker turned me on to Aquaphor last year to help with the cracked soles of my feet. There has been no looking back! This is the best deep moisturizer there is and I use it all the time on my feet. I also use it on my elbows, upper arms and hands and in particular the cuticles. I did not realize you can use it on your face too. Hmmm. The one comment I would make is that if you are going to put on your feet then put socks on immediately afterwards. This stuff is thick and takes awhile to absorb. If you walk around without socks you will make big greasy tracks all over your floor (learned this the hard way!).