August 21, 2014 | 1490 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Aquaphor is a staple in my skincare stash. I absolutely love it, and for whatever reason my skin does too. Like others have said, it does contain 40% Petroleum Jelly which is a little conflicting, but the combination of Mineral oil, petroleum jelly, and whatever else is in the balm works wonders for my skin. Fantastic for chapped lips, elbows, knees.
A must-have during the cold, wet and windy Seattle winters.
At night I usually dab a small amount of this around the driest areas of my face (ie corners of nose). And once a week I apply this all over my face over other nighttime moisturizer to really soften my skin and help my skin's "flakies".
Love it and will continue to repurchase, even at $15 a tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by genelram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At 35 I've experienced a dramatic change in my skin - from mostly oily/combination to dry, sensitive and oily in T-zone only. This past winter, I actually developed eczema around my mouth and chin. I was devastaded...until my sister suggested I use AQUAPHOR! This stuff is fantastic. Oily - yes, but totally worth looking like a greasy monster at night and then wake up with supple, glowing skin and looking 5 years younger with diminished fine lines!!!! No exageration! Not only that, but it seems to quel irritated areas and blemishes. There's no fragrance and it's super inexpensive. I will use this for the rest of my life.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by andcrystalwrists

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this to heal my last two tattoos based on my artist's recommendation - and she was right, it is awesome. The tattoos healed faster with NO scabbing. I applied 3 times a day (after washing with unscented dove soap) until they started to peel, then I switched to white lotion. It is a little difficult to apply to a big (fresh and PAINFUL) tattoo, what I did was kind of emulsify it in my fingers before patting it on all around and then softly spread it together so that the whole tattoo was lightly coated. Before using this I had used Tattoo Goo and I always had some scabbing - and that stuff was REALLY difficult to spread since it was so waxy. I will be using the Aquaphor for all future work. I haven't used it for any other purpose, but I suspect it would work great for any dry, cracked skin - it is very soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome! I have used it for years now. I put it on my lips every night before I go to bed and it leaves them soft and hydrated. I also have vaseline but I feel that this lasts longer on my lips. I will definitely keep buying it, but my tub has lasted me 3 years and is just getting to the botton, so I won't need to repurchase very often!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This comes in a tub or a tube. I prefer the tube to dipping my finger in a tub and getting the product underneath my fingernail. You can also buy this product in the baby section of the pharmacy as it can be used for a diaper rash and it's exactly the same product. The consistency is very thick sticky vaseline. Sounds unpleasant - but this WORKS. It holds the moisture in. I live in Vermont, so I may appreciate stronger products in the winter - and this stuff really works. I use it as a night cream and a hand cream. It warms on your skin and then you can massage it in, it leaves a protective barrier on your skin. Definitely does what it is intended to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by devya

Aquaphor makes my lips go from dry and peely to nice and soft. I just squeeze a little dot out from the tube onto my finger and rub it on my lips and walla! soft lips. You should put a nice generous layer at night and you'll wake up in the morning with hydrated lips <3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by unstrung

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great if you cannot tolerate the fragrances, oils or any other ingredients in lip balms! It works beautifully, and causes no irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW!!! This product is great. I really wasn't expecting much even after reading all of the reviews. In looking at the ingredients and noticing that it contains 41% petroleum jelly (vaseline), I just figured that it would not work any better than 100% petroleum jelly. So why did I purchase it? Because I was desperate for something to heal my rough, dry, cracked, peeling and bleeding lips that somehow surfaced during this winter. My lips had NEVER been in this condition before in my life! I had used everything on them from blistex to chapstick to carmex to EVERYTHING!! I decided that I would make an appointment with my doctor after my purchase of aquaphor if it didn't work. I applied it to my lips and within minutes they felt better. I figured so what it's only temporary. I was wrong! By the end of the day, my lips were no longer peeling or sore. I applied it overnight and by the next morning my lips were COMPLETELY HEALED!!! So, to answer anyone who may have questions that it's just plain petroleum jelly and works the same, the answer is NO!!! This stuff, I believe with the added ingredients in it, work together to be effective. I have since used it on other parts of my body like my feet and hands and the back of my neck where I have Eczema. Almost totally cleared it up and my feet and hands are finally moisturized. SO glad I tried it!! Totally worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say? I am hooked, I love this stuff. It works miracles on my lips, it helps with dryness on my face(and dryness around the eyes), great for my hands. I have used this inside my nose too when i had problems because of the dry air :p
I can use this on my face without any problems.
Having used vaseline before on my lips and hands, I can definitely tell the difference. Aquaphor is moisturizing where as vaseline is more of a sealant. They are similar in thickness/texture. No smell, no added colors, just plain ole goodness.
Price: It is a little pricey, for $6.47 ish you will get 3oz and for $5 you can get 1.7oz . It is well worth it.

Wish I had discovered this sooner :p

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

Excellent~ (You can use this on your lips, by the way, you don't actually need to buy the lip-specific product).
Moisturizing: I'd give this a 4/5, mainly because the active ingredient is petrolatum- basically, it's a lighter Vaseline. It's definitely wonderful where Vaseline is too heavy.
Consistency: It's a super light and creamy gel, and it absorbs really fast!
Price: It's usually somewhere around $7 for the tub, which is reasonable for the large amount of product you get.
Verdict: I'll definitely repurchase this!