Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.3

on 3/16/2006 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have discoid eczema which leaves large unpigmented areas on my legs and arms but this stuff clears it right up. Normally I go through a bottle of lotion a week but I barely make a dent in this stuff. Definently my HG item.

on 3/2/2006 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the BEST cream ever for dry skin..its thicker than any other I tried..it is my HG...healed my chapped, bleeding hands in one night..also fantastic after shaving..I just love it...it cost 13 at Ulta for a huge jar...will purchase over and over

on 2/17/2006 8:19:00 AM

This is a great old-standby moisturizer. Living in Oregon, my mother got me hooked on this stuff probably 20 years ago. My only gripe is how difficult it can be to spread and how slowly it absorbs. Once you get it rubbed in though, you're moisturized for sure. I don't think another cream can even compare. One trick I like for using this is to put in a real light layer of Am-Lactin first, then the Eucerin. It seems to spead easier that way, plus you get the exfoliation of the Am-Lactin and the moisturization of the Eucerin. It's the best solution for my rough, dry winter skin.

on 1/27/2006 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only thing that can moisturize my skin in the winter. I have eczema and really dry skin. It is a pain to spread on but nothing else moisturizes for me...and as long as I'm not itchy, I'm happy.

A holy grail can't-live-without-it product for me. I love that it's unscented because I can mix scented lotions with it and/or wear perfume without interference.

I went to the dermatologist several years ago with a painful, itchy rash on my legs, arms and chest. I can't remember what lotion I was using at the time, but it was recommended that I take cooler showers and start using Eucerin. I haven't been without it since. If you are used to thinner lotions the texture of this might take some time getting used to. It's thick and may seem almost oily at first. Once it soaks in it feels great. I use it in all weather, but I don't think everyone will be able to do so. For some it might be too thick for hotter climates.

on 12/31/2005 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Retails for $19.99 CDN for a 473 mL tub.

This cream saved my skin from eczema this winter. I had an outbreak of eczema (the red, bumpy, diseased-looking, incredibly-itchy kind) in December. I tried vaseline, Curel, Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter, Avene Trixera, two coats of Cetaphil/day; and nothing worked. I would wake up in the middle of the night from the itch. Even my Rx cortisteroid cream didn't help sometimes.

So I finally bought Eucerin and started using it 1-2 times a day. After a week, 90% of my eczema was gone. I'm no longer itchy everywhere. It is very moisturizing and seems pretty water resistant. It's a thick white paste that takes some effort and time to spread and rub in, but the result is worth it. It feels non-greasy on my body skin, but I can definitely feel it *there*.

Ingredients:

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone. continued >>

on 12/27/2005 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok this is a very heavy cream that i don't use for my face. But it is the BEST lip balm ever. I keep a tub by my computer (which I am on a lot) and one by my bed, and whenever my lips feel a bit dry, i rub some on. It comes in a big tub so its not practical to carry around, but it really is the absolute best lip balm I have ever used...my lips are always super soft and it gets rid of the flakes. Cheap for the amount you get also. I have been using for years.

on 12/26/2005 10:07:00 PM

Recently I started getting eczema during the colder months and I felt very self-conscious about the dry patches of skin. I was panicked and my dermotologist didn't know what was causing it. But after a few weeks using this cream, it has pretty much gone away. I use it everyday and I don't know what I'd do without it.

on 12/14/2005 10:49:00 PM

Great stuff! My OB rec'd this for my belly when I was pregnant, and I made it through 2 pregnancies w/o any stretch marks! Then my pediatrician rec'd it for my kids. A bit of a greasy feeling, but it works. Now that I live in a very humid climate I only use it when I travel in the winter months. A lifesaver!

on 10/29/2005 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a small tube of this in a trial-sized assortment. In a pinch, I used a little bit on my face...and it's great! I had to sort of pat it on because it's so thick, but it soaked in pretty quickly and didn't cause my makeup to slip off during the day. I have very dry skin in winter and I plan to continue using this on my face and body. I like that it's unscented (and doesn't have that chemical "unscented" scent either) and relatively inexpensive. I normally use Cetaphil lotion on my face and body, but that's a bit too thin to stand up to winters where I live. One tip: If you put it on your face, pat it on with your fingertips and then use a light upward sweeping motion to work it in. Then you won't be dragging your skin down to rub it in. UPDATE 12/3: This stuff is a godsend. It's tough to rub in, but once it's on, it keeps you moist for at least 2 days. Also, I use it on my face with no breakouts and my skin looks gorgeous. I also rub it on my lips at bedtime, and they haven't been chapped at all this winter.