Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.4

on 3/25/2006 10:08:00 AM

This is not glamourous but it works! I have very sensitive and dry skin and my derm recommended the original Eucerin. I coat myself in this most nights before bed because I don't have the time to do it in the mornings before work. It does take a while to sink in and feels a bit heavy but the results are worth it.

After working in a Derm's office I am a Eucerine fanatic! Though it is time consuming (1 lippie off) it works miracles! I use the cream that comes in a tub for the dry skin on my body and within a few hours I stopped itching and scaling. It has worked wonders for my Keratosis Pilaris and Eczema.

A common complaint is that it is too heavy, greasy, and it doesn't 'sink in'. I keep the tub in the shower and apply (sparingly) it right after I turn off the water **before drying off**. That way, it really locks in all the moisture but is light enough to get dressed!

Be careful not to drop it on your toes though! It's like a brick :)

on 3/16/2006 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have discoid eczema which leaves large unpigmented areas on my legs and arms but this stuff clears it right up. Normally I go through a bottle of lotion a week but I barely make a dent in this stuff. Definently my HG item.

on 3/2/2006 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the BEST cream ever for dry skin..its thicker than any other I tried..it is my HG...healed my chapped, bleeding hands in one night..also fantastic after shaving..I just love it...it cost 13 at Ulta for a huge jar...will purchase over and over

on 2/17/2006 8:19:00 AM

This is a great old-standby moisturizer. Living in Oregon, my mother got me hooked on this stuff probably 20 years ago. My only gripe is how difficult it can be to spread and how slowly it absorbs. Once you get it rubbed in though, you're moisturized for sure. I don't think another cream can even compare. One trick I like for using this is to put in a real light layer of Am-Lactin first, then the Eucerin. It seems to spead easier that way, plus you get the exfoliation of the Am-Lactin and the moisturization of the Eucerin. It's the best solution for my rough, dry winter skin.

on 1/27/2006 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only thing that can moisturize my skin in the winter. I have eczema and really dry skin. It is a pain to spread on but nothing else moisturizes for me...and as long as I'm not itchy, I'm happy.

A holy grail can't-live-without-it product for me. I love that it's unscented because I can mix scented lotions with it and/or wear perfume without interference.

I went to the dermatologist several years ago with a painful, itchy rash on my legs, arms and chest. I can't remember what lotion I was using at the time, but it was recommended that I take cooler showers and start using Eucerin. I haven't been without it since. If you are used to thinner lotions the texture of this might take some time getting used to. It's thick and may seem almost oily at first. Once it soaks in it feels great. I use it in all weather, but I don't think everyone will be able to do so. For some it might be too thick for hotter climates.

on 12/31/2005 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Retails for $19.99 CDN for a 473 mL tub.

This cream saved my skin from eczema this winter. I had an outbreak of eczema (the red, bumpy, diseased-looking, incredibly-itchy kind) in December. I tried vaseline, Curel, Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter, Avene Trixera, two coats of Cetaphil/day; and nothing worked. I would wake up in the middle of the night from the itch. Even my Rx cortisteroid cream didn't help sometimes.

So I finally bought Eucerin and started using it 1-2 times a day. After a week, 90% of my eczema was gone. I'm no longer itchy everywhere. It is very moisturizing and seems pretty water resistant. It's a thick white paste that takes some effort and time to spread and rub in, but the result is worth it. It feels non-greasy on my body skin, but I can definitely feel it *there*.

Ingredients:

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone. continued >>

on 12/27/2005 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok this is a very heavy cream that i don't use for my face. But it is the BEST lip balm ever. I keep a tub by my computer (which I am on a lot) and one by my bed, and whenever my lips feel a bit dry, i rub some on. It comes in a big tub so its not practical to carry around, but it really is the absolute best lip balm I have ever used...my lips are always super soft and it gets rid of the flakes. Cheap for the amount you get also. I have been using for years.

on 12/26/2005 10:07:00 PM

Recently I started getting eczema during the colder months and I felt very self-conscious about the dry patches of skin. I was panicked and my dermotologist didn't know what was causing it. But after a few weeks using this cream, it has pretty much gone away. I use it everyday and I don't know what I'd do without it.