September 18, 2014 | 1306 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by heartyfarty

As of today, this is my go-to everyday lipstick. For reference, I am Filipina and I use Light in Everyday Minerals. This lipstick is a creamy, frosty, pale/nude-ish somewhat cool toned pink...and technically, the very first MAC lipstick I've actually owned. I was looking for a really good pink lipstick one day. I tried on Pink Nouveau (too grandma-ish on my skintone), Pink Plaid (too blue), Girl About Town (not exactly the pink I was looking for but a really pretty fierce shade...I'm probably gonna buy this one day), and Snob. At first, I purchased Snob and liked it initially, but when I got home, I found that it turned into this weird bluish color on my lips that made me look sick. So, I took it back to the MAC counter and tried on Angel and Hug Me.

Angel and Hug Me are basically interchangeable. Angel is just a little bit more opaque and glittery on first dab, which I loved! The glitter isn't out there or anything. Just enough for your lips to stand out. You can layer on a lot of this lipstick for a more in-your-face look. But on me, when layered just enough, it comes out as a somewhat cool but not too cool, nude-ish pink and I absolutely am in love with it.

Recently, I found out that this is Kim Kardashian's signature lipstick and that she paired it with MAC Lipliner in Stripdown and NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight. I wanted to try it out, but found out that those products were a little bit out of my price range. I did my research and bought the dupes -- NYX Lipliner in Natural and Victoria's Secret Lipgloss in Innocent. The combination is beautiful and really brings out your lips in a very nude-ish way (if that makes any sense at all). This lipstick is gorgeous on its own or along with these products. Go out and try it if you want a really pretty nude-ish pink :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I really like this lipstick in theory. It's a very pretty pale, neutral pink. However, it just does nothing for me. It's much lighter than my natural lip color, and has no cool or warm undertones to make it work for me. It's just blah, and not very pigmented. If you have tan skin like Kim K, I'm sure this is very flattering. It feels very nice on my lips. I layer MAC Gel lipstick (another frost that doesn't look good on me, but is fantastic to make other lipsticks paler/frostier/gold-er/warmer) over it to give it some level of oomph. MAC's frost isn't my favorite finish to begin with. When I want to do a pale pink lip, I reach for either Pretty Please (matte warm light pink) or Snob (satin cool light pink). To me, Angel is just meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I could kick myself for not trying this sooner. I've heard so much about this lipstick but never thought I could pull it off. My favorite lipsticks/glosses are always deeper pinks or roses, because anything too light washes me out every time. This is the only lipstick this light that has ever worked for me. It makes me look and feel so chic, so classy. The texture is strange to me, but in a good way. I hate any shimmer or frost on my lips, but even though it's a frost it just looks creamy and matte on me. However, even though it's matte, it's not the least bit drying. It feels every bit as wonderful as it looks. Another thing I really appreciate about it is that it goes with anything. I love it for a simple daytime look with cremesheen glass in Fashion Scoop over the top...definitely my new favorite lip combo...and it's absolutely incredible if I wear it alone and matte with a smoky eye. MAC's Syrup has been my go-to for a while now, but Angel is my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lalaland95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my 1st MAC lipstick! I love this for a natural, soft pink lip. Angel is a soft pink with slight cool tones to it. The cool tones are subtle so even warmer girls like me can wear it (not very cool/blue based like Viva Glam Gaga). It has slight shimmers but def. not frosty. I can wear this with just some mascara OR I can pair it with heavier liner, smoked out shadow, and some falsies. An all around great lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by RuthStefanie

I had this lipstick on my wishlist for a long time before I bought it in september on a trip to california (over here in germany, mac is extremely overpriced). Since I already own some mac lipsticks I knew what quality i had to expect. The angel lipstick has a quite nice color and finish but it's not THE best mac lipstick I ever got.
The color is a nice rosy nude with some shine/shimmer so it is wearable throughout the day. It is very similar to creme cup from mac (the only difference is that creme cup is thicker in it's texture). It's like comparing mac's myth with mac's creme de nude (if you know what i mean).
The only con in my opinion is that this lipstick tends to move into your lip wrinkles, so a lip primer is necessary!
All in all i like this lipstick and use it almost every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with all the Kim K hype and thought let me try it as i have NC40/42 skin tone, i am Indian. When i first applied it straight from the stick to my lips it did not look good. So i tried again with a lip brush and then applied gloss on top i love it. It does not give me a nude lip as the colour is Pink but i can waeit it like a baby dool colour and it does look nice. Does not make me look washed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by leoelle

Really pretty. Perfect for a pop of colour during the daytime. I would definetly only dab on a verrrrrry light amount though, or risk looking barbie-esque!

Good staying power and doesn't require any lip primer or balm before application. (I find with MAC lipsticks, especially the Amplified range, they are very chalky if you don't prime your lips first!)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by NadiaLoudness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on a little to pink for me. I was hoping for something lighter. I still wear it but sometimes I feel like it is a little drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This is one of my all-time favorite lipsticks. It is the perfect everyday pink and is one of those lipsticks I can apply without a mirror and not worry about whether or not it looks good. I also find that a lot of lipsticks do not wear very well on me. They either cake-up on my lips or look blotchy. Angel has never done that for me. It's creamy and pretty. Of course I love the smell of MAC lipsticks as well. The only thing I find odd about this lipstick is that it is considered a frost. Maybe it's just mine, but mine is not the least bit frosty, it just looked more like a creamy pink on me.. This is also the ONLY lipstick I have ever completely used up and repurchased!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I like 'Angel', but I have to be careful with how I apply it. If I apply it lightly, it doesn't look too milky pink against my skin-tone (NC30), but as I apply a thicker layer, the colour doesn't look right with my yellow undertones. I think in general, it's harder for me to pull off the milky pink shades so I avoid them but with 'Angel', I can only wear this lightly and usually combined with a gloss of similar colour. I like the finish; it's not too frosty and has a creamy smooth consistency.