November 23, 2014 | 2124 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This lipstick is a medium mauve color w/ brown and pink tones. I was amazed by how creamy this was and I really liked that. The finish itself is not shimmery at all but creamy just like its texture. I have NC30 skin in Mac and Winged Butter in Everyday Minerals, so I have strong yellow undertones. Even though this is a cool color it doesn't clash w/ my complexion so much that I can't pull it off. To me this is like a serious, understated, grown up color good for any professional setting. The stay power is nothing impressive but its okay. I love that it doesn't accentuate dryness or lines of my lips probably b/c its so creamy I love the texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by muobsession

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this lipstick. Nothing bothers me about the smell or consistency. This is like MAC Blankety with a little more pink/mauve, which is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I find the texture to be more moisturizing than MAC Blankety at first, but it does dry. Staying power is pretty. Good. I love this lipstick and will buy a backup soon.... though I don't think NYX will ever DC it... seems pretty popular.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw this product used on a YouTube tutorial and it looked beautiful on the lady in the video. It is my favorite lipstick of all time. I'm not much for wearing lipstick without gloss or liner but this one I can if I'm in a hurry. Normally I wear it under Nyx gloss in Natural. I have to keep myself from buying tons of these just because I'm afraid it will be discontinued! I would cry if it did. I love Thalia!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by nie048

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is not immediately available in the Philippines. I got this from a seller on ebay who imports NYX products. Based on the reviews that I got from youtube and here in makeup alley, it seems that the swatches of the lipcolors in the NYX website does'nt seem to be the same actual color once you get the lipstick, so I was only about 70% sure that I would love the color once I got it. But boy I was wrong. I am Asian with fair medium skintone and I love the look of this on my lips! The perfect nude-mauve shade for my lips, plus it's creamy so it just spreads easily. I would definitely purchase this color again once I finish the one that I just bought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I really love this color. I have fair - med asian skin and my lips are quite mauve-pink. I love the way it just highlights my lips. It gives my lips a little more color. It's basically my go to color!
and for $1.50 on cherryculture, it's such a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick, seems like a muted mauve color. I dont know if it really fits me but in some pics that I took it looked okay, I like to wear it when I wear pink or berry blushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Blech!!! I've been wanting to try NYX lipsticks for quite some time,as I'm a fan of many other NYX products. Aside from the color looking pale and ghastly on me (I'm surprised, as I'm blonde and fair), the taste was horrid. As others have described, it is soapy. Absolutely the worst-tasting lipstick I've tried in ages. I'm disappointed, as I had hoped that this would be the start of many more to add to my stash.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by 0hSNAPs

In the tube, this color is beautiful. A nice pinky peach color with slight lavender undertones. However, on my lips it totally washes me out & just doesn't look .. right. I really wanted this to be a MLBB but I guess I'll stick to revlon matte mauve it over. Very cheap though but I will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by brunella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful color. Kind of a beigy mauvy pinky color. Love it. BUT this product has some serious flaws. First of all, it doesnt last very long at all. Its very creamy and emolient but perhaps a little too creamy to have any staying power. The second thing is the taste. I dont know what they were thinking but this stuff tastes like soap. So yes its a pretty color and its very inexpensive but the soap taste and the fact that it doesnt last very long mean that I will not be rebuying. I'd rather pay more and get something that lasts longer and tastes better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this today and i just love the color! its my perfect pinky-nude. i don't care for the consistancy,it feels a bit greasey/slippery. but id repurchase because its the perfect color for me & its so cheap.
EDIT:
the more i use this the more i dislike its taste/scent which is perfumy & the consistancy. im only dealing w/ it because i do like the color a lot. but i think ill pass on repurchasing & see if i can find something similar in a diff brand. (Ended up giving it to my 13yr old daughter)