September 16, 2014 | 1948 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I really love this color. I have fair - med asian skin and my lips are quite mauve-pink. I love the way it just highlights my lips. It gives my lips a little more color. It's basically my go to color!
and for $1.50 on cherryculture, it's such a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick, seems like a muted mauve color. I dont know if it really fits me but in some pics that I took it looked okay, I like to wear it when I wear pink or berry blushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Blech!!! I've been wanting to try NYX lipsticks for quite some time,as I'm a fan of many other NYX products. Aside from the color looking pale and ghastly on me (I'm surprised, as I'm blonde and fair), the taste was horrid. As others have described, it is soapy. Absolutely the worst-tasting lipstick I've tried in ages. I'm disappointed, as I had hoped that this would be the start of many more to add to my stash.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by 0hSNAPs

In the tube, this color is beautiful. A nice pinky peach color with slight lavender undertones. However, on my lips it totally washes me out & just doesn't look .. right. I really wanted this to be a MLBB but I guess I'll stick to revlon matte mauve it over. Very cheap though but I will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by brunella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful color. Kind of a beigy mauvy pinky color. Love it. BUT this product has some serious flaws. First of all, it doesnt last very long at all. Its very creamy and emolient but perhaps a little too creamy to have any staying power. The second thing is the taste. I dont know what they were thinking but this stuff tastes like soap. So yes its a pretty color and its very inexpensive but the soap taste and the fact that it doesnt last very long mean that I will not be rebuying. I'd rather pay more and get something that lasts longer and tastes better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this today and i just love the color! its my perfect pinky-nude. i don't care for the consistancy,it feels a bit greasey/slippery. but id repurchase because its the perfect color for me & its so cheap.
EDIT:
the more i use this the more i dislike its taste/scent which is perfumy & the consistancy. im only dealing w/ it because i do like the color a lot. but i think ill pass on repurchasing & see if i can find something similar in a diff brand. (Ended up giving it to my 13yr old daughter)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: nice! I think this lipstick is great. Great consistency and great color. I truly like this lipstick. (NC42; pigmented lips)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by krisc17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. It goes on smooth and moisturizes. I really like the color too. This may be more of a night look for some people but I just tap a little of it all over my lips and put some pink gloss and it looks wonderful for the day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i know people love this color but its not for me. i will have to find what good gloss combos go with this. its too dark for me, or too mauvy? if thats possible. for my skintone its just not flattering. but im sure it is for others...just not for me. it goes on smooth and isnt drying. just not a perfect color...plus it was so cheap that im not really going to cry about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thalia is a dusty mauve cream that's hard to work with. It's definitely a cool nude, but it doesn't give a concealer-lip look, The problem is that it's quite gray, like Rea. If Rea worked on you without making you look undead, you may have some luck with Thalia. If it works for you, it'lI be very work appropriate and subdued, and would probably also work nicely with a navy or gray smokey eye. It's a lipstick many like, but it's not for me. I find the texture kind of oily and NYX lipstick slides off my lips, so I wouldn't repurchase.