April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by krisc17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. It goes on smooth and moisturizes. I really like the color too. This may be more of a night look for some people but I just tap a little of it all over my lips and put some pink gloss and it looks wonderful for the day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i know people love this color but its not for me. i will have to find what good gloss combos go with this. its too dark for me, or too mauvy? if thats possible. for my skintone its just not flattering. but im sure it is for others...just not for me. it goes on smooth and isnt drying. just not a perfect color...plus it was so cheap that im not really going to cry about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thalia is a dusty mauve cream that's hard to work with. It's definitely a cool nude, but it doesn't give a concealer-lip look, The problem is that it's quite gray, like Rea. If Rea worked on you without making you look undead, you may have some luck with Thalia. If it works for you, it'lI be very work appropriate and subdued, and would probably also work nicely with a navy or gray smokey eye. It's a lipstick many like, but it's not for me. I find the texture kind of oily and NYX lipstick slides off my lips, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kristaax

I think the rave for this lipstick is a bit overrated because, its a very nice mauvy color, but it isn't anything that wowed me. Its a really nice color, but since my lips are a pigmented it looks dark on me if I don't pair it up with a lighter lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by KellyBellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omygosh. one of my fave NYX lipsticks. The color is just pretty and it kind of matches my natural lip color lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

A great lipstick with a VERY low price point. It is creamy and super pigmented. The colour is a dusty mauve, can be dull on some skin tones. It can be described as nude tone also but not on me...it kind of stains my lips purplish..odd. I like it...but I wouldn't rebuy. I'm a packaing lady so I like a more sophisicated looking lipstick ;) but that's just me..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by trxster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read and heard a lot of reviews on this shade and when i got it, i was pleasantly surprised. the colour was a pretty nude that has a warm undertone but the soapy detergent taste turned me off almost immediately. I really want to love this but i can't..

otherwise, great colour!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this.. but this turned out a purpley mauve shade on me. Not attractive at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. It's really smooth and a great nude pink lipstick. It's definitely my HG lipstick, but I do have to wear it with a lipliner because the texture is so creamy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I am a MAC NC25-30, and this (to me) is a great pinkish nude. It's the perfect "wear around the house" lipstick for me not only because it's a great color, but it's also very moisturizing and the price is so inexpensive I don't feel guitly for wearing it (around the house of course). The logo on the container is cute too (but I don't care for the ingredient list written on the side of the tube)..

It wears off quickly and I do have to reapply quite often, but for $1.75, who cares? Definaltey a repurchase.

12/28/09 EDIT:
I had to take an extra lippie off because of the floral taste the lipstick has. It's still a great product though, but I felt I needed to give a more honest review.