NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/13/2010 11:43:00 PM

I use Thalia to enhance my natural lip color. It looks very natural, gives you just a tint of color. I use it most in the winter, when my skin is pale, because it gives me more color effortlessly. My friend's mom wears it to work every day and absolutely loves it.

I recommend wearing lip balm or chapstick as a base and lip gloss over so your lips stay hydrated and the finish look won't look chalky.

Thalia is a nice nude mauvey pink. On me personally it looks more purple/lilac pink than mauve. I still like it tho. The consistency is very creamy, almost too creamy and it doesn't last as long as I'd like. I like pairing this with NYX Megashine lip gloss in Perfect and Natural. It kinda smells like cleaning products tho but for the price I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/8/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the perfect light pink to pair with smoky eyes if you are nc37-40 like me. Other typical "nude pinks" that are recommended to pair with smoky eyes like MAC Angel or Loreal fairest nude etc. are TOO light on me. This gives the perfect light pink.

Give it a go!

on 4/4/2010 10:21:00 PM

i really like this lip colour. It's pretty, dark, makes you look made up without being over the top. One of those which I run to when I need a little colour on my lips.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was darker than I expected to be, but I would consider it a YLBB shade on my NC30/C30 skin. I do have to be careful with not putting too much on, otherwise it'll look too purple and unflattering. When I put one swipe on my lower lip and smoosh, I get a medium-mauvey color. Quite pretty!

on 3/28/2010 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok this color reminds of a darker version of Mac Blankety lipstick, not an exact dupe but close enough. To be honest NYX round lipstick are way over rated, ya they are very inexpensive, but they don't last on my lips, and they are too frosty for me. I would not repurchase again.

on 3/18/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently received a few NYX lipsticks in the mail, after hearing great reviews about how great and cheap they were. I am SO sorry I bought them! Thalia looks okayish on me, but it's sort of dark and awkwardly a bit too brownish for me. Still, this sort of thing happens when you buy products online, so I'm not bashing them for that. However, what I would like to point out is that these lipsticks taste HORRIBLE. If you've ever accidentally gotten a taste of your perfume, that is basically what these lipsticks taste like to me. I'm afraid to lick my lips because of how horrible the taste is. They are cheap, have decent packaging, and pretty colors- but seriously I just cannot stand the taste. That's just me though, and the few reviews I've read no one has mentioned it. Overall, Good price, good packaging, but no I would not buy this product again or any other NYX lipstick. It's a shame too, because the price is so good.

on 3/15/2010 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like NYX lipsticks because of the price and the quality. I heard a lot of good comments on the colour 'Thalia' so I decided to give it a try. It doesn't work for me, the colour is really unflattering on me. It looks like a weird purplish-brown on me. I'm very happy with the other colours I own because of the texture of the lipstick, I only don't like this colour.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. The color is great for a simple look or a dramatic eye. NYX lipsticks are really smooth.

on 3/1/2010 7:10:00 PM

The most gorgeous color for my NC25 coloring. Nice texture but unfortunately does not last as long as MAC lipstick.
The closest color match I found is MAC Faux (which is a satin with less shine then Thalia)

Popular Lipsticks