NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great muted pink on my pigmented lips. Moisturizing and long lasting, very cheap too!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is perfect for a nudish lip if your around an NC42 like me. The texture is great and I will always have this is my collection.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Unfortunately this is too warm for my skintone (NW20). I also have very pigmented lips, so it is hard for me to find a good leaning-towards-nude that doesn't look like concealer. I love the nice creamy finish this brand provides for such a low price - definitely check them out for a good color match. For those with my skintone, I recommend NYX B52 - perfect!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really hate writing this review, but it has to be said: I just don't like this color. I don't think I have hyper-pigmented lips, but this color comes out as the exact same shade as them, not even MLBB. Actually, it even looks a wee bit muddy. The formula is nice and I like the packaging, which is how I feel about most NYX round lipsticks, but this particular color probably won't work on most people's lips. (Do not be fooled by swatches on hands, LOL!)

This is a great lipstick for my complexion. It gives my lips a nice rosy glow without being too pink. I usually pair this with the mega shine gloss in natural. Staying power isn't the greatest but I don't mind reapplying. In general NYX lippies are a good value and they have a wide selection of colors. I really like this color.

I had to change this to 5 lippies. I wear this every day. it's my lips but better. I feel put together when I wear this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So.. I just ordered 12 NYX round lipsticks off of Ebay (was going to order 4 from their website but got a super-deal on 12 on ebay) and Thalia was one of the shades I was the most excited about. When I swatched it on my hand I was REALLY disappointed, it just looks SO dark and 'purple'. I tried on all shades on my lips and saved Thalia for last since I figured I'd hate it. My lips are naturally very pigmented so I always mute the color w/ some foundation before applying any other lip-product. And w/ the foundation Thalia actually looked really nice and I was very very surprised. Added some gloss to it to and it looked great. Nothing I'll wear every day, but a million times better than the color you get if you just swatch it on your hand!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad it's working for other people, but for me it's too deep of a mauve. B52 works better for me because it has a warmer undertone. The texture is very nice and creamy but the color is just not for me. XD

I use Thalia to enhance my natural lip color. It looks very natural, gives you just a tint of color. I use it most in the winter, when my skin is pale, because it gives me more color effortlessly. My friend's mom wears it to work every day and absolutely loves it.

I recommend wearing lip balm or chapstick as a base and lip gloss over so your lips stay hydrated and the finish look won't look chalky.

Thalia is a nice nude mauvey pink. On me personally it looks more purple/lilac pink than mauve. I still like it tho. The consistency is very creamy, almost too creamy and it doesn't last as long as I'd like. I like pairing this with NYX Megashine lip gloss in Perfect and Natural. It kinda smells like cleaning products tho but for the price I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the perfect light pink to pair with smoky eyes if you are nc37-40 like me. Other typical "nude pinks" that are recommended to pair with smoky eyes like MAC Angel or Loreal fairest nude etc. are TOO light on me. This gives the perfect light pink.

Give it a go!