August 2, 2014 | 940 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by moshimoo

I really love the smell of this deep gentle scrub. It really does smell yummy! =P I use this once a week to get rid of my dead skin cells. It does leave my skin feeling refresh and smoother. For its price, i recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2005 12:47:00 AM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite scrub! It works well on my dry, sensitive skin and never irritates it or dries it out. It smells so yummy too (like creamsicles) and has improved the texture of my skin in just three days! I totally recommend this stuff:)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2005 9:54:00 AM More reviews by gpitts03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin (which I thought was combo), and have had the worst breakouts on the jawline area (under the chin), the kind that hurt to the touch.
I was informed by an aestetician to use Neutrogena oil-free products to stabilize my skin (which it did). I tried to add a scrub in this line as well, but it didn't work, and caused some addtl breakouts. Well, I finally decided to try this scrub, since it specifically says "oil-free" on the front label, and it has been successful in toning down the breakouts. I have used it only a couple of times this first week (in conjunction with the other daily cleanser and moisturizer).
So, yes, oily skin people should give this a shot. And the price was awesome ($3.95 on sale/Target). The container is a tube with the flip cap so it sits on the cap-perfect for travel. Very good for dispensing the right amount, and no worries about contamination from using a tub or jar.UPDATE: I have stopped using the scrub (I am still occassionally getting the chin breakouts. I am sticking solely with the deep cleanser only).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mantha

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this in the AM...used to use everyday but now I've started using MAC Microfine Refinisher 2-3X/ week. This originally replaced Sage grains for me...so that's saying a lot. Hasn't broken me out, a good drugstore staple. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2005 6:28:00 AM More reviews by milquetoast

This is a gentle foaming scrub/cleanser product. Not scrubby like St Ives, because the grains are tiny, so you could probably use this everyday. Lovely subtle orange flower scent. I think there are discrepancies between the Asian and American versions of the product, because I really liked the American one. It had more "scrub" to it and less stickiness. The Asian version leaves stubborn microbeads on my skin after I rinse! Not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this to be a great, inexpensive scrub. I use it in my morning shower every few days to scrub away the flakes caused by chemical exfoliants. I like that it's very gentle (the microbeads are round) and feels cooling and refreshing. It's easy to find which is good because I go through it quickly. I also use it on my neck and chest and it leaves a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by CRYPTOCHANGEO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Take it from someone who has dealt with breakouts for 6 years and has spent thousands of dollars on products and dermatologists, great product! I use this every day. If you wear heavy makeup as I do start with my favorite cleanser Nivea Visage oil control cleanser. It gets rid of the oil without stripping your skin of needed moisture. Believe me, I always thought to get rid of my acne I needed to "dry it up" not true!!! Then I follow with this scrub. My face has never looked so good. It has been nearly 2 years since I started this regimine. Sure I get the occasional break out. But even people who don't suffer from acne do. Anyone suffering from acne hopefully will try this plan. Please give it a week and post your opinion. I hope to help as many people as I can because I have dealt with breakouts for years.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2005 2:50:00 AM More reviews by k_kieu

My dermatologist recommended that I use Neutrogena facial cleansers for the breakouts I've been having from the excessive heat and humidity. BAD idea! I was using Clearasil and 2 days after switching to this crap, my face looks like a gravelled road! If your skin is sensitive to breakouts... stay far away from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by anazc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

well, maybe it works for some, but it sure didn't help me at all. in fact, i think i felt cleaner using the cream cleanser :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2005 6:00:00 AM More reviews by blakandproud

this stuff sucks ,it did nothing for my skin and I mean nothing.I had ok skin but the moment i started using it (together with the moisturiser) , I broke out so bad my own mother couldn't recoginse me.Using neutrogena cost me an unneccessary trip to the dermatologist and I am never going to buy this product again.