Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/15/2008 9:17:00 AM

i just recently started using regular foundation (had been using Everyday Minerals, but wanted a change...) and i'm loving it. this foundation, when applied with a foundation brush (i use one from Essence of Beauty) makes your face utterly flawless! it covers up my acne marks almost completely w/o me needing a concealer. it's very easy to use and blends almost effortless. i love the chic and expensive looking packaging which comes with a mirror, and also that it has SPF15. the product claims to be One-Step, as in foundation, concealer and powder in one, and i find this to be for the most part true. it does dry to an almost powder like finish, but it does get a little oily a couple of hours later, so i just use a regular covergirl pressed powder and that works fine. i got this for $13 at Rite-Aid (tho they always have sales, so catch them!) and my best match is 02 Tender Peach.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried this when I stayed at my step-sister's house and forgot my makeup so I had to use hers. Luckily, we are about the same skintone so I used her foundation and this is what she had.

Well, let me tell you after I put this on, my skin looked FLAWLESS. Like, magazine flawless. I have relatively oily skin with blemishes 3/4s of the time and made my skin look awesome! Now, i still use concealer and powder, but after a couple hours my skin still looked flawless, but dewy, not oily!

I love this stuff and I will continue to buy it.

on 7/24/2008 12:46:00 AM

I haven't found my 'HG' foundation, whatever HG means lol but it's something good. Though I would say this is a good buy, a high quality foundation for drugstore make-up. A year and a half ago I bought this in tan and I fell in love, even though I was much lighter, I had a tendency of buying too dark colors because I convinced myself I am tan, which I was not in the winter. :P But two weeks ago I bought this in Honey Beige color #6, which is a warm tone and I am a cool tone, so it didn't match, but looks great if I don't wear any eye make-up, natural look. But I really recommend the tan color, it's great. The coverage is very good, it hides my freckles! It's definitely worth a dry! :)

on 7/12/2008 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Strange product. It felt very heavy on me, yet didn't cover much. It accentuated everything and took alot of powder over it to make it look smooth. Now that looked very nice, but it took work, and then I noticed in a few hours I had(have) some really painful bumps under my skin,large ones. My skin reacts quickly to things it does not like, which is a curse and a blessing. That being said, I was outside dancing and sweating, and it didn't effect the makeup too much strangely. But I returned this today (I bought it yesterday) because I'm just too afraid of more cysts.
I think if your skin is already normal and relatively spot free, this would be nice because it evens out skin tone in a general sense.
Also, I bought the lightest shade, which they made out to be porcelain, it looked like mud on my face (another reason I used so much of my light powder)
Edit*** 06/05/2014 Many years later, I've tried this again. I guess I forgot about the bad review I gave it! I added 3 more lippies because now I've figured out the best way to apply it. I previously used the sponge it came with, bit mistake for me. Now, I use a stippling brush with very little product on it, and buff it in rather than stipple it on. Wow! The coverage is great and since I'm using very little product, I don't get creases and weird splotches throughout the day. I no longer use powder, as I found out that powders in general make me break out. This doesn't need powder, I just blot it with some tissue paper a few hours in (I've found tissue paper doesn't lift the makeup off at all). No breakouts this time! I know the formula has changed, but I'm also using different products and not layering tons of makeup on my face. The color doesn't oxidize throughout the day at all. I'm still extremely pale and the lightest shade is a bit too dark but I blend, blend, blend and it looks fine in natural light. When I hit the pan I always buy a different foundation and every time they break me out, so since this is the only one that doesn't for some miraculous reason, I'll stick with it from now on. A+

on 7/7/2008 10:20:00 PM

This product iz absolute crap!!!
I got this n 03 Sand Beige after being recommended this shade by the lady who tested diffrent colours on me, and said this was the one. So the next day I put it on and my god it was horrible..... It looked nice n smooth but once I started smoothing it onto my face with the sponge provided, it was dry and looked really dark n yellowish on my face, it provided very little coverage and just looked really cheap. I generally really rate revlon products but this one drags the chain. In the end I ended up trowing it in the bin... what a waste of $43. I would give this a big fat zero if I could

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is okay. I do like the creme to powder idea but the colors don't really match. I use this really for a bronzer type deal since I thought I got a good color but it came out too dark. I put it on my cheeks and nose and forehead and it looks okay. I take medication for my acne but it doesn't cause breakouts. I think this color is a little too orange for me. I think maybe the other colors are better. It also smells kind of weird but nothing too bad.
Check out my blog and yummymakeup.blogspot.com :P

I have moderate acne and usually wear thick foundations but I wanted something easier to apply so I went with this. The first day I liked it a lot but after a couple days I started breaking out A LOT in areas where I have been clear for awhile. I think the make-up is the only thing that could have done it. I also have oily skin and when I use my oil blotting sheets, I can see all the make-up on the sheet.

on 6/30/2008 3:08:00 PM

i am a big fan of Maybelline SuperStay Silky foundation, but left my makeup at home and decided to get an alternative from the drugstore, this foundation is on sale and i picked it. FYI, I am a Maybelline light 04, MAC 30NC and the sand beige matched my skin nicely (naturally and dewy! ) I've worn it for 3 days, and my face is still in great shape. I am very happy that they have SPF in it. The Application is extremely easy. The only downside to me is the staying power. I am looking for something that gave a fuller coverage and stayed for a longer time.

on 6/17/2008 8:00:00 PM

I'm at the point where I have to start wearing foundation. I've worn sunscreen my whole life, but just concealer - no foundation. Now, due to hormone activity, I think - my skin is not as even-toned. This works pretty well, I agree with a reviewer who stated that it looks high-end if you apply if right. I think I did a decent job with the sponge but I will try the foundation brush as suggested by someone below.

on 6/11/2008 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have this one in medium beige 05. The color is perfect for me in the summer but it's a bit oily for me. It really does rub off on clothes!! I am still looking for the perfect foundation!!