April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by 3evita

i have this one in medium beige 05. The color is perfect for me in the summer but it's a bit oily for me. It really does rub off on clothes!! I am still looking for the perfect foundation!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by newchick

This is a creamy, blendable product but the colours are weird, (I had difficulty matching my skin tone -- tried the peach colour). I like the compact, but not the sponge - the sponge quickly seemed to get an unpleasant bacteria smell on it, so I recommend using a separate fresh sponge or just your fingers (though that might contaminate the whole product altogether). I would like it if there were more colours available.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first compact foundation I have purchased. I'm not a big fan of the foundation sponge provided- so I used my own. First application is creamy, and it dries down to a matte finish. It provides good coverage, especially as a spot concealer. I only need a few swipes to apply it, and it doesn't look cakey either. You don't need much, since the coverage is pretty full. The foundation doesn't look streaky, and it's great especially with touching up during the day. I have oily skin, but haven't experienced any breakouts using this. I was also pleasantly surprised that I only had to blot once or twice a day using this. The holes at the bottom of the compact don't seem very hygienic though. Overall, good for the price. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by julieannmarie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was away on a businesss trip and needed a compact foundation for my purse .Purchased this at Walgreens after the cosmetic associate told me it was her fave. I love it. I am older with dry skin, so this is good for me. The color match was great, I bought the lightest shade. It's not perfect, but it was great to keep in my purse for quick touch ups. I think it may be too oily for younger skins. Provides very good coverage . Be careful, it does come off on clothing easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by catsgourmand

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This covers well and smoothly. I think the ivory is a little off in color but still ok. I didn't have any problems with it coming off. I also didn't find that it caked up in my wrinkles and I'm 62.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by SWAVdarling

I liked this product, but it definitely did not hold up to my combo acne prone skin and wound up smearing off within maybe 2-3 hours of wearing. Great color match for my skintone and it felt nice on, but it did not last... so what's the point?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by sqwee32

I didn't like the colour of this foundation. I bought the lightest one, but it still seemed orangey and too dark. It also brought attention to my dry patches and bumps in an unflattering way. It settled into the creases under my eyes very rapidly. It rubbed off very easily if I didn't set it with powder. On the positive side, I thought it was nicely matt. But I wouldn't buy it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff actually wouldn't be so bad if it didn't accentuate every tiny flake on your skin. It shows flakes that were invisible before! The coverage is light-medium and the texture is pleasant with no harsh perfumes. It glides on the skin like a liquid, then dries down quickly. My one complaint is that it dries down too much and makes my skin feel taut and a little uncomfortable. This would probably be great for someone with very oily skin and it's so convenient!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Alyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revised review. I've had this for a 3 months and I don't like it now. I loved it when I first bought it but I think it was the excitement of finding a good makeup. The problem that I found after using it a while, is that it wears away quickly, my face felt oily and I had a few blemishes from it. I usually never have pimples. I am now using MAC's Studio fix powder foundation and it's been good for a month now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

A very hardy THUMBS DOWN for this product.

It applies as a cream but dries to a powder.

If you are like me, you're thinking "Oh sweet, something with the moisturizing coverage of a creme combined with the poreless, mattifying properties of a powder!" Don't get too excited. Rather having the positive attributes of each formula, it has the worst of each: the rub-off and heavy feeling of a creme, with the "dried out" finish of a low-quality powder.

Kinda like if a homely member of MENSA had a child with a really attractive but dim-witted supermodel. You are expecting genetics to give Junior daddy's brains and mom's pretty face, but instead, you get an ugly, dumb child.

Also, the color was horrible. Ivory Beige? No. A more adequate description of the color I got would be "Glue and Mud"

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No