December 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great for freshen up

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too felt like a bit of an idiot parting with my hard earned cash for a can of water, but I was quite excited to try it. I sprayed it on freshly cleaned skin, hoping it would reduce some redness from my malar rash. No good - in fact, it made it itch slightly.
However, this is amazing for setting my makeup (EL Double Wear). A spritz or two of this leaves my make up smooth, does seem to help set it and keep it fresher looking for at least half a day, and best of all removes that mask-like feeling that can come from wearing heavier foundation. Feels lovely and refreshing too! Ordinary tap water achieved none of this for me.
The first time I used it I pretty much ruined my makeup by just spraying it on - the trick is to only half press the nozzle down. You'll get a fine, even mist. I do around four or five of my 'half sprays' each morning, so the larger can lasts a good few months. The problem is even though it's a good product, I can't get the thought 'it's just water' out of my head...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not sure why or how this works (need to check the website again for that) but it does. I was having bad reaction to Hada Labo arbutin toner (the blue one) with tiny red spots all over my face that weren't pimples. Enter this totally inconspicuous and seemingly useless water spray bought on a complete whim. Used it twice/three times a day. My skin was clear and calm in three days. I don't really wear makeup that much anymore these days except for mascara and lipstick, so I'm not sure if this helps to set makeup. This works better than Evian, though, and certainly better than putting regular tap water into a portable bottle spray, because I tried that. Did not work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the smallest size, 30ml I think, which is perfect after sports to calm down a stinging face. It seemed pointless at first but I actually think it's a very good, cheap and useful product for calming down the skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Living near the french border, I have no trouble getting french pharmacy brands. I can order them easily online or drive to a french pharmacy nearby.
The thermal water comes in different sizes: 30 ml, 50 ml, 150 ml or 300 ml. I donīt know, if these sizes are available outside france or germany.
I own them in two sizes, one smaller 50 ml for travelling and a big 300 ml for my cleansing routine. I paid about 2 Euros for a small bottle and 6 Euros for a big bottle.
Where I live, the water is very hard and harsh. The thermal water eases my skin and counteracts the effects of the hard water.
This thermal water is multifunctional and works in every season.
In summertime, I use it to calm down my skin and give it a refreshing spritz. Although I use high-protection sunscreen on my face, the skin can feel exhausted and warm when I spend a whole day outside.
In wintertime, it soothes my poor skin, when the difference in the temperature outside and inside gets too much for my skin.
In spring and autumn, it helps my skin to adjust in the change of the weather.
Itīs part of my skincare-routine too. After cleansing my face, I spritz it on and let it dry. Afterwards, I apply toner, moisturizer and sunscreen. It calms my skin like nothing else.
You can use it to calm down or refresh your skin, whenever you need it: during a flight, on the beach, in the office.
Needless to say, that I have sensitive skin and I love this thermal water.
Especially people with sensitive skin or people, who live in a city with very hard water should try a thermal water.
Highly recommended.
Update 05/08/2012:
I found a wonderful new way to use this for me. I have too sensitive skin to do a real double cleansing in the evening , but I still searched for a way to take the major part of my make-up away before the actual cleansing. And hereīs my routine: I spitz my face generously with thermal water and spritz a cotton pad with thermal water until itīs wet. Then I move the wet cotton pad over my face and it takes away a lot of my make-up. Iīm so glad, I can finally do a gentle double-cleansing and I feel better removing the make-up before I cleanse my skin. If you have ueber-sensitive skin, the thermal water soothes your skin while taking away your make-up.
Update 28/04/2012:
I found this incredible video from intothegloss with famous facialist Isabelle Bellis showing, how to use thermal water (she shows it with LRP thermal water) during the cleansing process. Worth trying and worked very well for my skin. Hereīs the link: http://intothegloss.com/2013/04/how-to-wash-your-face-part-1-one-isabelle-bellis-cleansing/
She also suggested in an interview not cleanse your skin in the morning with an actual cleanser, but spray it with thermal water, wipe or dab the thermal water off and follow with a mild toner. This is also very good in areas with hard tap water. For people like me with ueber-sensitive skin, this is just awesome and Iīd recommend trying these techniques.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Inexplicably breaks me out. Feels soothing on sunburns and freshly-shaved legs, but I wouldn't repurchase for that purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by icedpinkvega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

More moisturizing than normal water, but did nothing on my rosacea or my sensitive skin. Love the spray method. I put it in fridge for extra freshness.
i will buy again only if on sale

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by blushmetweetme

Love this stuff. I can't live without it. It is perfect for setting makeup, spraying over the skin once you have finished your evening skin routine for locking in moisture, and also works well on the body. It's also such a fantastic price considering the quality of the product. A bottle lasts be a good few months, and I use it several times ever day. My favorite way to use this is after I've come out of the shower, toned and moisturized, because it locks in all the moisture for my dry skin. It also works really well with a stippling brush if you over do your foundation, and takes away that "caked" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so lovely and refreshing. feel like i've just had a shower after this! GREAT for flights

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

To be fair for the question would I buy this product again, I chose Yes, but in fact, I'm not sure.

Never bought into all that water spray hype. So this is the first time I'm using something like this. And that's cos I got it in my cleanace trial kit. So far, can't review on it as I'm not sure if it makes a difference to the rest of the range if I use it or not.

However based on the good reviews here, I will finish my sample and decide if I will repurchase. For now, I use it as a toner after my gel cleanser and before cleanace K

EDIT : 30/3/12
It may or may not be this product but I was told that some ppl may be allergic to the mineral content of the water. I never associated my breakouts to this particular item when I started the whole avene skincare regime. But after I cut out this product, my skin feels calmer & less irritated. Although the breakouts are still coming so I'm still searching for an answer :(.