Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/27/2014 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this foundation for a couple of months so i'm finally ready to write a review. I needed a new foundation and after reading reviews for this one, i ordered it online in the color "Nude". I had never used a creme foundation before so the first time i used it, i was surprised at how oily and weird it felt. This is VERY good coverage, which is exactly what i was looking for. It also stays on throughout the day, so far it has survived naps, workouts, and concerts. My skin is somewhat dry and this foundation CAN easily look cakey, especially on my nose. A good primer is definitely required for this foundation. For someone with fair skin, some redness, and acne prone skin, i will probably never find a foundation that can make my skin look flawless but this one comes close.

Now the absolute worst part about this product is the packaging. Usually when people complain about packaging i roll my eyes but this is honestly the worst. Having to dip your finger in the pot is gross. I always end up with foundation under my nails, and i feel the need to wash my hands to apply the rest of my makeup (which isnt easy when i live in a tiny dorm room with no sink.) I will probably repurchase this just because it's a great backup, but i'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation.

on 3/26/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I liked this better than the liquid verson but not as much as Nearly Naked. I had to go down a shade from Capuccino (in NN) to Caramel in this formula. I've found that since this dries rather quickly, it's better for me to do one section of my face at a time and then do an all over blend with my brush. It's slighly more coverage than NN but I would not suggest building it up but as always with makeup ymmv. It does stay put, is the same color at the end of my day that is was when I first put it on, which was not the case with the liquid color wise. This is not my everyday foundation, but I use it when I want a bit more coverage than NN gives me. I would actually give this 2.3 lippies if I could.

on 3/25/2014 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have used nearly an entire jar of this. I have about 15 foundations, and I reach for this one the most. It's creamy and wears all day. I would say this provides medium to full coverage, and you don't need a lot. I usually apply this with the MAC 187 brush because I find it blends more evenly than using a standard foundation brush. This makes my skin look flawless. I am NC15 and got Buff, which could be a tad too dark and sometimes pulls a bit grey on my yellow-toned skin, but buffed out, it's fine. I just got the lightest shade to try as well. This is just as good as any high-end foundation that I've used, and like I said, it's one that I wear often, because it's just that good.

on 3/23/2014 10:46:00 PM

I absolutely Love this foundation! It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and not heavy great for summer! I just don't care for the packaging but it's not that bad!

on 3/22/2014 9:46:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for about a year now. It has great coverage, and doesn't make my extremely sensitive skin break out. However, I have a really weird problem with it. My skin is normally extremely dry but this makes my skin too oily, which is the opposite of most of my makeup problems. My chin and nose get really patchy and gross looking when I use this. If it didn't do that, this stuff would be perfect. I recommend this to people because that normally wouldn't happen. So unless you have an oily nose then you will probably love this product!

on 3/20/2014 1:51:00 PM

Buh-bye bobbi, MAC, Guerlain, Dior.... I have found my true foundation love! I cannot say enough good things about this stuff. It's amazing. I shunned colorstay all these years why? I got this and the reg liquid at a BOGO sale and although I love the liquid too this is my fave. The texture is dreamy. It's not a mousse which is what I pictured. It's like a soft silky buttery creme. I dip my fingers in and it just flawlessly melts into the skin in a glorious matte fast setting finish. It lasts all day and doesn't mottle on my nose like every foundation. I got shade 220 nude which exactly matches my nw20/n4 skin to a T. I also got 220 natural beige in liquid not noticing the shade name was dif and the natural beige is much pinker and a half shade darker, which will work better in spring/summer and is probably closer to a true nw20. BUY THIS!!!! (I have oily skin).

on 3/19/2014 7:00:00 PM

My biggest peeve about this product is the poor packaging. The glass jar that you have to dip your fingers in to get the product, just a bacteria breeding ground. Price I thought was okay for how long this product lasted me (5 months?).
The product does go on smooth except for my dry patches, those show through so you need to really moisturize if you have dry skin. I have only skin and unfortunately by lunchtime my face was a grease slick and most of the foundation had melted off my noise. I used Buff and the color was really perfect for me and never oxidized, woo! This can also be layered for more coverage and did not look very evident that I was wearing foundation. If this came in an oily skin version it would be HG status for me! So for now it will be more of a winter time foundation when my skin (t-zone) is less greasy.

on 3/19/2014 10:02:00 AM

Based on the reviews and descriptions, I really wanted to love this foundation. There are so many positives. The whipped bouncy texture is great, and it gives a great medium to full coverage. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, and really lasts all day. It also has good oil control. The down side is the finish, it's not exactly matte, which is what I was looking for. It has a slight dewey finish, and like other reviewers said, there's a slight gray cast to it. If Revlon could make this truly matte and fix the grayness, then this would be the perfect drugstore foundation. The packaging is bulky as well. I'll use it up, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/18/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been using this foundation for a while and have repurchased two or three times. The coverage is great, and the color matches well (although there is a gray cast as stated in previous reviews). My main beef with this product is the PACKAGING! Every single one I have purchased, the lid has broken and now will no longer close - a BIG issue with this heavy, clunky container! Because of the poor packaging I will NOT be repurchasing. After the last one I purchased broke 2 days later, I'm done.

on 3/16/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This would cling to all my dry patches and make my skin look dull. I would not recommend for dry skin

Popular Crème Foundations