Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 4/30/2014 5:01:00 PM

I wanted to test out a long-wear foundation product because I work ten-hour days at work and BB Cream and setting spray was just not cutting it anymore. This was my first attempt.

I went through a few attempts learning how to properly apply this. It's very thick and I started applying it using a sponge, then a brush, and then finally, my fingers. It seems to work best when applied with my fingers. It ends up cakey/streaky with a brush or sponge. It also benefits a great deal from a silicone-based primer (I use e.l.f. mineral-infused primer)

Now that I've learned how to apply it properly, I am very happy with it. I wear Buff, the 2nd lightest shade, and I am very pleased by how its cool-tones match my skin and cover any redness I have.

The wear is far better than my BB Creme was but I do find that it is far from the advertised "24 hours". By the time I get home it is clearly wearing off in places.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I love this foundation. I am a big fan of trying new products so I don't often buy the exact same product twice unless I can't find anything else that works as good for me. This is one of those cases. No matter how many foundations I try - high or low end, I come back to this one. Colorstay whipped creme foundation is one of the only foundations that doesn't oxidize on me for some reason. I did take off one lippie for the packaging, as I would much prefer a pump than the heavy glass jar, and the pricing is a tad high for drug store product. But hey, I don't mind paying for it because I like it more than my Tarte $40 foundation.

on 4/28/2014 3:38:00 PM

I purchased this whipped creme foundation because I liked another drugstore brand's whipped foundation.Well,expectations were completely off on this one.I like the jar & the texture was nice.The color was completely off,as in other Revlon's foundation the color ranges they offer seem more true on my skintone.This was completely wrong,even with powder & a dusting of bronzing.Not a keeper =(

on 4/28/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I wish there was a maybe option for repurchasing.

I decided to give this a whirl when the original revlon colorstay stopped working for me (crepey, settling into fine lines, enlarging pores, not good staying power).

I know for the liquid there was a reformulation. Not sure if that made it different, or my skin changed, or maybe it was never that great and my tastes in makeup are just more refined... Yo no se

Anywho-- I tried the whipped.

I am nc15, but a paler version of nc15 in the winter. BUFF in colorstay is the only foundation match I can seem to find in winter-- most others seem golden. Buff is more of a beige or gray undertone and suits my winter complexion pretty flawlessly.

This foundation is definitely a matte finish- that's by design so I can't consider it a flaw, but although this doesn't settle into lines as bad as the liquid- it still certainly does it to a degree. You NEED to moisturize with this and I also need a good silicone based primer to fill in my pores before applying.

After all that prep work-- this honestly just looks OK. It photographs really nicely. I have to give it that-- but IRL I don't feel all that spectacular.

The REAL downside to this product, and I know it's been touched on countless times-- the packaging.

It is SO bulky and inconvenient and so unhygienic to boot!!

The thick glass jar is definitely not travel friendly.

Moreover I've read several people saying their foundation grew mold.

Now-- I would ONLY use this as a winter foundation. I have a jar from this past winter that I used maybe in January and February. So it looks new and I know I won't touch it until November.

By that time it'll probably be a Petri dish. The $15 I spent on this foundation completely down the drain then.

Honestly why not put this in a tube???

Pros:
Perfect color match for winter skin (for me)
Doesn't sink into lines as badly as CS liquid
Leaves a more natural finish than CS liquid
Photographs nicely

Cons:
HATEFUL PACKAGING
Still a bit crepey and unnatural

Will I rebuy? I'd really love to find a winter foundation, but if I can't find on I guess this works in a pinch.

Definitely not in love...

I would happily gift this to an nc15 friend

on 4/28/2014 9:55:00 AM

I had SUCH high hopes for this foundation. Upon inspection, it was difficult to tell which color match would be right for me because the big, clunky glass jar sort of distorts the color of the product inside. I originally thought Buff would be a perfect match for my NC15 skin, but I went with ivory because there was no Buff left.

First of all, this foundation is not anything like L'Oreal's whipped foundation, which I hoped it would be since I can't find L'Oreal's version anywhere anymore. It's just a thicker, more creamy version of the regular ColorStay, minus the amazing coverage of ColorStay.

This still was WAY pale on my skin, and what's worse is, it accentuated dry patches that I didn't even know I had! It didn't give even coverage at all. It settled in every pore on my face and caused it to look like I had little white dots all over my t-zone. I tried to add a second layer to make it work and set it with powder, but it just didn't work for me at all. I washed it off and it's now sitting in my purse with the receipt to be returned.

on 4/25/2014 5:48:00 AM

This foundation gives medium to full coverage, and gives a natural finish (satin), need to use concealer to cover major blemishes, packaging is a bit bulky off the amount of product, great for combo/oily skin although does not control oils you may need to blot, thick consistency although blends easily into the skin best application method is warming the product with fingers before applying :)

on 4/24/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I exchanged my L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation for this (the Lumi had no staying power and hardly any coverage). I heard great things about the ColorStay crème on youtube, etc. I have been wearing it for the last 3 days and I really like it. I apply it with my flat top Elf brush (most people recommend to use your fingers for this foundation but I can't bring myself to do that). Upon first application, I fell in love with the finish - this is exactly what I have been looking for - a foundation that leaves a slightly dewey finish yet has medium/full coverage and makes my skin look flawless yet natural. The coverage last all day, which is also a must because I don't like to reapply make up through out the day. I love the fact that it isn't a matte/flat finish yet has great staying power (that is hard to find). For reference, I have normal skin that gets a little shiny around the t-zone, and I have light/medium olive skin tone and got the Warm Golden shade. I think I finally found my HG foundation, after trying out so many after the last few months!

I have oily skin so I thought this "creme makeup" would slide all over my face, but this stays put all day. Has great coverage and a nice texture and I'm just absolutely in love!

on 4/15/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I looooove this product! The only reason I didn't give it 5's all around is because the coverage is good, but not really buildable to me. First off, let me say that I still love and use the original Colorstay Liquid but I am so glad I ignored the bad reviews and tried the cream version too! The colors seem to run a little lighter than the liquid and look darker in the jar so keep that in mind when you are trying to match your skin tone. The colors are quite forgiving though. I love the heavy glass jar, it feels elegant and expensive to me. What I like about this so much that differs from the liquid is that it goes on like a dream! I don't need a primer at all, I just rub it in with my fingers and it fills in all my large pores and my skin looks flawless, even more so than with the liquid. You have a lot of play time with this too because it does not set as quickly as the liquid. In fact, it seems that if I didn't powder, it would stay dewey. You will need a concealer for heavy coverage areas because it just doesn't seem to build up well. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and was hesitant when I first felt how creamy it was on my skin, but once I set it with powder, like Dermablend or Kryolan anti-shine, I find that somehow, my face stays more matte than with the original liquid formula. It doesn't make sense to me, but it's true. Everyone tells me that my skin is beautiful, especially for my age and I believe it's the illusion that this makeup creates. I didn't think I would ever love anything more than the original Colorstay but this may me my Holy Grail foundation. The only thing I have yet to determine, is if it will be as sweat proof as the liquid when the southern temperatures reach the 90's and above. Summer's on it's way so I will let you know :)
Update 5-21-14 : It was 90 today and the office air conditioner died. After 20 mins in a storage room, I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower. I patted the sweat off my face with a paper towel and my makeup literally looked just applied! God bless Revlon Colorstay. The whipped stays on just as well as the liquid!!!

on 4/15/2014 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought it because everyone was raving about it and frankly I felt the need to buy it (lol).. Anyways the consistency in the jar is very vey thick, but once you smooth is on your face or on the back of your hand it feels whipped/mousey like (well as described hahaha). I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation, why? Well its thick but goes on smoothly but if you apply too much it get cakey also it dries really quick so its easier to apply it by areas. My fingers have worked very well as the applying tool but I prefer my sigma F80 (synthetic flat top kabuki brush). Now the summary:

Pros:
Covers well
Nice consistency
A little goes a very looooong way
Good value for the price and formulation
Nice jar luxurious looking packaging
Plastic protector inside
Does not dry up in jar
Perfect for combo/oily or oily to very oily skin types
Great for summer

Cons:

Smells odd, very plasticly and chemical. Its not overwhelming, its just not pleasant
You need to work fast or by areas as it tends to set up quickly
Has a weird sticky finish but not like glue it just doesn't seem to set
Color range is poor. Especially for those with warm/yellow undertones and dark skin tones.
No SPF (which can be good for pictures)
Tends to sink into pores

Overall:

I would buy it again if their where more colors to pick from!

Popular Crème Foundations