July 30, 2014 | 1012 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by susanoz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is like putting fleshtoned Crisco on my face. NEVER sets even with powder or setting spray, and as such, transfers onto everything. This has to be the worst foundation I've ever purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Charmin1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation. Previously, I wore Mac Face and Body until I ran out. I liked face and body because of how natural it looked on the skin but it was a little too dewey for me and made me shiney as the day progressed. I still wore it through the summer because it was pricey but regardless of the temperature or how I set it, I always saw shine coming through. Anyway, in came Revlon Colorstay Whipped. I thought I would try this because of the creme consistency. I have 30+ skin that is getting to be a little on the dry side. The regular revlon colorstay was not creamy enough but this one rocked my world. As many have noted the packaging sucks. But I think if Revlon changed the packaging they may have to change the consisteny and that scares me. The last thing I need on this foundation is a reformulation. I bought it in caramel and through the glass it looks a little muddy. I was hoping for something darker but after you apply this foundation, it automatically transforms to the color of your skin. Weird. I have tried this with and without primer and got about 12-14 hours of no shine. I'm rarely ever out more that 14 hours at a time so that works. In fact, my skin dries out a little with this but I'd take that over shiney T zone anyday. I just make sure I use a creamier moisturizer underneath with SPF of course. The price is a bit steep. It was about $11 at Target. It's more like a $9 foundation especially for the amount that you get. I use clean fingers to apply this. I've tried a a brush and sponge and it didn't spread easily. At this time, I'm afraid to set it with powder because I don't want to exacerbate the dryness I get with this but I'm willing to experiment. The thing I love most the whipped is the it makes my skin look poreless and that my friends is priceless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (it's currently my HG), but no matter how I apply it clogs my pores and leaves my face looking cakey by the end of the day. I thought this might be a lighter, better alternative. It was not. First off it is pretty expensive for drugstore foundation (I paid $13.99 at CVS). The packaging is bulky and heavier than I would prefer cause I like to carry my makeup with me. The texture is very soft and silky and it feels great on my skin. It is difficult to apply though and when I was in natural lighting I noticed how orange the color looked even though I chose the same shade I use for liquid Colorstay. After a couple hours at work I noticed my face was pretty oily and my pores looked huge. I was very disappointed cause the original Colorstay lasts about 9 hours before doing that. I took this off as soon as I got home and returned it. I really wanted to like this product but I just couldn't. If you like Colorstay but find it is too heavy on your skin you might try this, but it definitely doesn't last as long or have the same nice matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

This foundation is amazing. First off, I got it for 12 bucks at Target which is a great price. I love the packaging, looks high end and is easy to access. The texture is pretty thick, but blends out so evenly and well. Its weird, you'll put on a little bit and next thing you know your whole face is covered. It gives nice coverage, probably medium to full. It doesn't look cakey, and works well with my combination skin (doesn't stop all oil but doesn't make it worse either). The only bummer is that you can't see the color until you buy it. I'm an NC15 in mac, well maybe NC20ish now because I've gotten darker since I wore mac. But anyway my skin is pretty light and I got the shade "buff" in the colorstay whipped and it matches perfectly. Overall, this makes my skin look really good and that is saying something because I have really weird textured skin and a lot of redness. I like this a lot and definitely suggest it

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cassiejb

I was skeptical at first considering I don't usually wear drug store foundations, but i have to say this is my HG. I've tried literally everything. MUFE, Dior, YSL, Laura Mercier, Cargo, Nars, etc. This is hands down the best one. It does everything I am looking for. I have combo skin (oily T-Zone, normal/dry cheeks) I don't have much to cover as I have been blessed with decent skin but I would say this is medium to full coverage. Even though I don't have acne I break out super easy and this has not broken me out at all and I have been wearing it for 3 weeks now. The first coat will cover my redness but still will let freckles show through. Second coat made me look "flawless." It looks better as time goes on. It doesn't accentuate dry patches. I am a waitress so I sweat and work long shifts and it still doesn't slide off my face.It doesn't necessarily control my oily T-Zone but it doesn't sit in my pores or disappear after an hour of wear. On top of it all, it will give you a flawless look but still look natural. I am a NC20 for reference and I use shade Buff.

Pros
-Doesn't sit in pores
-Doesn't accentuate dry patches
-Medium-full coverage
-Lasts around 8 hours before touch ups (no foundation will last forever)
-Doesn't wear off in patches
-Flawless yet natural coverage
-Didn't break me out

Cons
-Packaging

Application
- I used my Tom Ford creme foundation brush to apply this at first, no bueno. Then I tried my Real Techniques buffing brush, hot mess. Then I tried my Sigma F80, that was an improvement. A slightly wet stippling brush will give you the best results or use your fingers then buff it in with a flat top kabuki. I used setting powder after (applied it with a powder puff then dusted off the excess with a fan brush) then some Urban Decay setting spray and dam I looked good.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

I have North Indian skin that tends to change color depending on the day (serious) and get hyperpigmentation if anyone gives me an evil look. I also have big old pores and a tendancy to get shiney and yucky throughout the day though I start out a little parched. I am a total fan of the natural look, and hate the feeling of anything on my skin. Basically, I want perfection. There isnt a foundation that I havent tried-from CdP, La Mer, Chanticaille, Hourglass, by Terry, YSL, Dior, Clinique, LM, basically, if you can get it at Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta or Barney's-I have tried it and found it to be just a little off. I have serious reservations about DS fndt, but have always been impressed by Revlon-from the quality, the "technology" and yet that they also let my grandma keep the same color moondrops that she used since fire was invented. I bought this fntd when I was at my new job and think I startled someone with my shiney, pale, worn face. I needed something that went on smoothly, stayed on all day, didnt show off my pores, didnt clog my SUPER clog prone face, looked natural and above all felt ok. I like that I can get this anywhere and usually for about 3 times cheaper than anything I usually buy. I use this with my Shiseido foundation brush so I dont have to dip my fingers and I am out the door in 5 minutes. I dont need powder throughout the day and I dont have to worry about staining clothing or it melting off. When I come home I wash my face as usual and havent gotten one clogged pore. I truly forget I am wearing it! I also get to look in the bathroom mirror at work and not be frightened. I know I should invest money into my foundation-and I am a sucker for beautiful packaging, smells, ideas of exclusivity....but this just works! Worth a try IMHO.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by graciez

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my second jar...just purchased at 40% off sale at Walgreens. Close to a perfect medium foundation and easy application with a sponge. My HG....:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I am very, very loyal to my MAC studiofix fluid foundation and have been using it for about 7 years now. I decided that I need to branch out and look for other foundations and why not go for a cheaper foundation at the drugstore? This product is in a beautiful glass jar which I love the look of but having to dip my fingers or brush into it is kind of unsanitary, I wish it was in a pump bottle. It is also very expensive for drugstore here in Canada, it is around $18-20 and I was kind of hesitant to spend that much on something I couldn't colour match myself in the store.
My colour is NC25 in MAC and 200 Sand beige in this foundation, it is a very good colour match for me. This is a very, very thick and creamy foundation with lots of coverage so if you're looking for something lightweight I would steer clear of this foundation! I absolutely love how this foundation covers and how it just glides onto the skin with a brush or beauty blender/ I was kind of scared that since it was so thick and creamy that it would be cakey and look fake but it blends so nicely it looks like my natural skin! It does last me all day and has not clogged my pores or caused acne which was my fear since I have such sensitive acne prone skin. It also does not leave my face feeling greasy at the end of the day which is excellent for someone like me that works in a hot restaurant! I'm glad I decided to buy this foundation because it has everything I look for in a foundation: medium to full coverage, lasting power, does not clog pores and looks skin like. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a new foundation to try out :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lilicansu

I am so disappointed by this product. I love normal colorstay and i was hoping that this would be slightly better than liquid one. Unfortunately, it is not any better than that. First of all i am 200 sand beige in liquid colorstay so i got the same shade in whipped but it is darker than liquid one. I would suggest for you to get a lighter shade. This foundation does not stay 24 hour on your face as it claims, it is so easy to transfer. It looks flaky on my face. It comes in a jar, which is not very practical. Dont waste your money on it, go an buy the liquid colourstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes yes YES you need this foundation in your life. I do agree though with what others have said about the packaging and the difficulty in choosing the right color. It would be great if this came in pump packaging, but the consistency of the product just does not lend itself to that.

To find my color match I referred to the color guide on the Revlon display at the drugstore and made an educated guess. I am fair, dark blonde with neutral undertones leaning slightly cool. I settled on Sand Beige and it is a perfect match. And I mean so perfect, I don't have to worry if I forget to blend at my jaw line. It does not oxidize and just meshes perfectly with my skin. I use my fingertips to apply.

This is HG for me. I really wanted to find a high end foundation too but this Revlon stuff is so wonderful it's hard to justify! I have been trying to come up with other options but this just performs exactly how I need my foundation to perform...so why get anything else? As a new beauty junkie I am struggling with this lol :)

Pros:

Long lasting, texture even gets better as time goes on
Gentle on my skin, doesn't break me out
Controls my oily tzone yet doesn't emphasize my dry cheeks
Can be applied for sheer coverage, and built up to medium coverage
Perfect color match
Flawless semi matte finish
All this for only $12 or less at the drugstore!!!

Cons:

Jar packaging is beautiful but kinda messy. I understand though that there are likely good reasons for it due to consistency of the product, so I'm cool with it.

Nothing but LOVE for my Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme foundation. If they ever stop making it I would be devastated ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No