December 21, 2014 | 1226 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by littlesunshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in black. It is the best eye liner I have ever used. I have used it everyday for over 6 months and it's still going strong. I bought a back up and it's still in the box. The applicator tip is perfect! It doesn't splay and can make both thick or thin lines. Great for winged eyeliner too! A must have in my books!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love this eyeliner! I love how perfectly precise it glides on. I love how it is really easy to remove (not good for a rainy day, waterworks or people who sweat a lot). I love how it doesn't sting my eyes (a lot of the drug store brand always has that affect on eyes), I love how is doesn't smell bad, and the packaging is just adorable.
This is fairly expensive, I've had mine for quiet a while and I'm still nowhere near finish, usually one swipe and i get a perfect line, no need to re-dip it for more product.
This eyeliner, for me, did not crack/flaked, didn't fade and very durable until you wipe it off with water. It dries really quick which is good for, cause everytime when I apply eye makeup, I tend to blink more.
Definitely would re-buy, no matter what price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by f0sheezYgrL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to eyeliner. Consistency is perfect, the brush is a long, pencil-point-like, flexible sponge tip. This means it glides and moves where you want it to and puts eyeliner where you want it to go. Plus it dries pretty fast and like someone else has mentioned, any mistakes are easily fixable. I've been using this product for years but lately (about a year or so ago) I noticed that the product smears a bit (I have single-lid Asian eyes so smearing happens easily and often) and also that it "crusts" or "flakes" off after a long day or hard day of work. I don't know why I've only started to notice this about a year ago (did they change something in their ingredients or is my skin acting funny?) but that's the only thing that's bugging me. Other than that, easy to put on, easy to take off, looks fantastic. Couldn't ask for more. It IS a bit pricey, and there are a few comparable eyeliners for much less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of eyeliner (especially liquids) I use them everyday! What I like about this product is the easy to apply applicator, easily portable pen like packaging and the lovely thick, non-watery, intense black pigment when applied. However, although its easy to apply, I find it really difficult to get that ultra thin, fine line which I can easily create with my Guerlain eyeliner. And although the applied effect looks very nice, quite often when I apply this Artliner it looks almost as thick as using a marker pen, so I would probably use this more for going out in the evening than for everyday going to the office look. And the sales assistant told me this only comes in either brown or black (though having read the reviews below, she could have been wrong about that), unlike the more exciting colour range of Bobbi Brown's gel liners. So even though I think this is a good quality eyeliner, I still much prefer, and couldn't live without, my Guerlain liquid liner and BB gel liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Sweetmeli

I do not have one bad thing to say about this product.
Lancome has hit the perfect formula for developing this liquid eyeliner.
It is the only one that I wear now, because:

1) The strong sponge tip makes it extremely easy to shape your eyeliner any way you want.

2) You can wear this to the gym, sweat bullets, and it will not budge ONE BIT.

3) The formula dries so quickly, that you can start blinking right after applying it and it will not transfer to your eyelid.

4) If you make a mistake, you can correctly by just wiping your finger over the "oopsies" ONCE, and you can pretty much redo that part without being able to tell that you redid it. You can do this even after the eyeliner has dried... which is pretty much right away.

Although it is pricey for just an eyeliner... it is WORTH EVERY PENNY, and I have never said this about any cosmetic product before. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I am not a fan of this liner. It is really easy to use, lasts all day, very jet black but dries very shiny on me. It looks wet even after 8 hours of wear. I dont like that look at all and for the price, if only I could find the box -- it would go back!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by egg802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love liquid liners and to me the Artliner is the best! I use Noir the most. It really is my go to liner. It goes on so smoothly and stays on the whole day! Ive tried most brands but I keep on going back to Artliner. I like how the wand itself isnt too thin so its easy to use and control when creating a perfect line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First high-end eyeliner and I am really pleased with it.

Packaging: the liner is in an "inkwell" and the felt-tip applicator dips into the product.

Formula: Wet, but not watery, so it glides on effortlessly. The liners are rich and highly pigmented.

Longevity of wear: Stays on all day without budging but removes easily with warm water and a gently cleanser.

Longevity of the product: Lasts a long time without drying out or losing quality of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I was surprised I had not reviewed this as I have used these for years and LOVE them! I have black, brown, green and blue. I grab the brown and blue the most. This is amazing a staying on and is super easy to apply. I also like mac fluidline paint pots and Bobbie Brown gel pots. I need a liner that lasts all day and these are the best I have found so far. This is nice for travel as you do not need an extra brush along to apply it with. If you need a cheaper DS liner the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner are also really good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Very impressive! This is the best liquid liner I've used and I've been through many. Diorliner's lack of staying power was disappointing, as well as the smearing and smudging from almost every one. This one:
-looks great
-extremely easy to apply
-lasts all day and even sleeping with no smudges or smears (have yet to test during humid Ontario summer)
-removes easily with warm water
-great shades
-I can draw a light, thin line for day and thick, darker, winged-out one for a dressy night out just as easily
Like other members, the price is the only con. At 37 CDN, I'm glad it was a gift and will only likely buy it with Shoppers points.Wet n' Wild H20 Proof is a surprisingly good alternative, but is more dramatic, requires a steadier hand and is harder to remove. I reviewed the brown separately, but also have Aubergine, a black with a hint of purple. Great and dramatic, while the brown is perfect for daytime. Besides the crazy price, I highly recommend!!