Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i don't really like this..I do like the texture, but the color doesn't match my BB warm natural complexion. :/ But few Chanel foundations do match women of color. Glad I didn't blow 45 bucks on it.

on 5/15/2011 11:28:00 PM

My holy grail go-to foundation!! Finally! Gorgeous, flawless, dewy, everything I ever dreamed of in foundation. I stumbled upon this randomly one day while shopping with my mom. She insisted on buying me something I agreed to get this foundation. I never have ever worn foundatIon but this stuff is incredible. I always look for an excuse to wear it because it makes my skin look like a million bucks. It also looks better as the day go by , which I love! I apply in the morning and come night time my face is still immaculate!

on 5/4/2011 3:23:00 PM

I like dewy finish so i tried this Chanel vitalumiere, regular version but i'm kind disappointed. it is very hydrating but at the same time a little too hydrating. it gives my face a funny shine! i have normal skin but in the picture with this regular version of vitalumiere i look like i have very oily skin and my whole face is just shinning. it doesn't last either. if i answer the phone it just comes off right away onto my phone. not to mention your clothes and your companion's clothes, which can be kinda disgusting. i do think the formula may be good for the skin though, especially for winter, as it's very hydrating unlike some other foundation can dry out the skin. just hated the finish and lack of lasting power. i really wanted to like it but after using up 2 bottles, i just had to give it up. now i've switched to the Aqua version of vitalumiere that is so much better in terms of finish and lasting power.

on 5/2/2011 11:03:00 PM

After hearing all the great reviews from Pixiwoo, I decided to try it. This foundation is definitely not meant for people with oily skin, after having it on for an hour, my skin looked super oily.... and it magnified my pores! I think this foundation would be good for people who have dry or dull skin. I actually gave this foundation to my mother(shes age 65) and it looks awesome on her. It doesn't settle in her wrinkles and it makes her dull skin look awake! She actually looked 20 years younger after wearing it, and got lots of compliments from my family. Least one person is happy with this foundation. Looks like I'm sticking to my MUF Matte Velvet and Mac Studio Fix Foundations.

on 4/28/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Only just discovered this foundation (thanks to Pixiwoo) and I have to say that I love it. I have typical English Rose skin and have struggled for years to find a foundation that doesn't cake; fade; look too pink etc... The shade 10 Limpide is perfect for my Autumn; Winter and Spring skin shade. It blends easily with both fingers and foundation brush (I actually prefer fingers for this) and really gives a glowing; even toned finish to my dry skin. Not heavy but not as light as a tinted moisturiser. Lovely :-)

on 4/27/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The finish is great for my parched skin, and it’s very dewy which I LOVE. For a medium coverage, I think this is better than F&B MUFE.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought Vitalumiere yesterday. I'm LOVING it. I use either Pro Lumiere (which I love) and Vitalumiere Aqua (which I also love) every day, but I have to say, I think Vitalumiere is my favorite Chanel foundation.

I think I'm the only person who loves the Chanel foundation color selection. The two lightest shades in all of their foundations work seamlessly with my skin.

on 4/22/2011 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

really like this product. i have very dry skin and it does leave my skin with a very soft dewy finish. i would recommend this for others with dry skin. i haven't had any problems with the packaging.

on 4/15/2011 1:10:00 AM

This would be my HG foundation if only it didn't break me out after using for a few days in a row... however I like the other results so much I will continue using it, just making sure to give my skin a rest every once in a while. My current routine is: applying Vitalumiere for 3 days, taking a break for 2 days (steaming my face and using the Aztec healing mask during this period), then starting over again.

I've tried many both high and low-priced foundations (minerals included) in search for the perfect one, focusing on their ability to not break me out. So far, my favorite has been Revlon Colorstay, being the only one that doesn't break me out at all, but unfortunately it leaves my face looking too chalky, so I can't use it during the day (it's OK for the evening though). I stumbled across Vitalumiere and was drawn to it because I found the bottle to be very pretty (yeah, I know - ridiculous, lol) and let the saleslady talk me into purchasing it WITHOUT GETTING A SAMPLE FIRST - something I never do! Well, I was lucky :D

The coverage isn't as super-duper as Revlon Colorstay, but then again, I don't really need it - aside from 2 broken capillaries near my nose that can easily be covered up with concealer, my skin is evenly toned and flawless (unless I break out from using a "wrong" product, but that's a different story). I like that this product offers a natural dewy look (opposed to the slightly chalky mask I get when applying RC). The staying power is great. I will repurchase.

on 4/14/2011 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's pretty unbelievable how all of the reviews I've read for this foundation say the same pros & cons - and my review won't be much different. I picked up a sample at my Chanel counter of the shade Beige 40, a great match for my skintone. I'm anywhere from NC30-NC40 and I would say it's around NC37-NC40. I swatched it next to MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC40 and they are pretty similar in depth, but Studio Fix is much more yellow toned. Beige 40 is warm, but it lacks yellow. Despite the fact that yellow is a must in my foundations, this still works for me. I love the scent of this foundation, if you're familiar with Chanel products, many of them share the same scent (exactly like Chanel Bronze Universel/Soleil Tan De Chanel).. It's a light, refreshing scent - if you sniff hard enough (lol) you can detect the chemical smell that's covered up with fragrance. The consistency is very light and thin/runny. Some don't, but I do - call this foundation watery (but, slightly creamy). I use a standard foundation brush to apply this to my face, then I go over it with a duo-fibre brush to really work it in and make the finish seamless. It takes a minute or so to set before it looks its best. The coverage is on the lighter side of Medium & builds well. It doesn't cover up blemishes/scars 100%, so after I apply the foundation, I take my MAC 224 brush and swirl a little concealer on any spots that need extra coverage. The finish is really beautiful. It leaves my skin very radiant, and in between a dewy/satin. I find the outcome is a little similar to Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (but less coverage) or MUFE Face & Body (but more radiant/glowy). I'd say after a few hours, my skin gets quite dewy, and I'll need to dust some setting powder on my face. It lasts well throughout the day with minor wearing off (the tip of my nose wears off and a little bit around my lips). I'd say this is a good 6-8 hour foundation with a powder touch up in between. I like to mix it with Guerlain Parure Extreme (shade #3) for a little bit added coverage and they work lovely together, as the textures are similar.