December 21, 2014 | 1653 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After hearing all the great reviews from Pixiwoo, I decided to try it. This foundation is definitely not meant for people with oily skin, after having it on for an hour, my skin looked super oily.... and it magnified my pores! I think this foundation would be good for people who have dry or dull skin. I actually gave this foundation to my mother(shes age 65) and it looks awesome on her. It doesn't settle in her wrinkles and it makes her dull skin look awake! She actually looked 20 years younger after wearing it, and got lots of compliments from my family. Least one person is happy with this foundation. Looks like I'm sticking to my MUF Matte Velvet and Mac Studio Fix Foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Angiewe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Only just discovered this foundation (thanks to Pixiwoo) and I have to say that I love it. I have typical English Rose skin and have struggled for years to find a foundation that doesn't cake; fade; look too pink etc... The shade 10 Limpide is perfect for my Autumn; Winter and Spring skin shade. It blends easily with both fingers and foundation brush (I actually prefer fingers for this) and really gives a glowing; even toned finish to my dry skin. Not heavy but not as light as a tinted moisturiser. Lovely :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by erica420

The finish is great for my parched skin, and it’s very dewy which I LOVE. For a medium coverage, I think this is better than F&B MUFE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by arielelizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just bought Vitalumiere yesterday. I'm LOVING it. I use either Pro Lumiere (which I love) and Vitalumiere Aqua (which I also love) every day, but I have to say, I think Vitalumiere is my favorite Chanel foundation.

I think I'm the only person who loves the Chanel foundation color selection. The two lightest shades in all of their foundations work seamlessly with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by 1palazzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

really like this product. i have very dry skin and it does leave my skin with a very soft dewy finish. i would recommend this for others with dry skin. i haven't had any problems with the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This would be my HG foundation if only it didn't break me out after using for a few days in a row... however I like the other results so much I will continue using it, just making sure to give my skin a rest every once in a while. My current routine is: applying Vitalumiere for 3 days, taking a break for 2 days (steaming my face and using the Aztec healing mask during this period), then starting over again.

I've tried many both high and low-priced foundations (minerals included) in search for the perfect one, focusing on their ability to not break me out. So far, my favorite has been Revlon Colorstay, being the only one that doesn't break me out at all, but unfortunately it leaves my face looking too chalky, so I can't use it during the day (it's OK for the evening though). I stumbled across Vitalumiere and was drawn to it because I found the bottle to be very pretty (yeah, I know - ridiculous, lol) and let the saleslady talk me into purchasing it WITHOUT GETTING A SAMPLE FIRST - something I never do! Well, I was lucky :D

The coverage isn't as super-duper as Revlon Colorstay, but then again, I don't really need it - aside from 2 broken capillaries near my nose that can easily be covered up with concealer, my skin is evenly toned and flawless (unless I break out from using a "wrong" product, but that's a different story). I like that this product offers a natural dewy look (opposed to the slightly chalky mask I get when applying RC). The staying power is great. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

It's pretty unbelievable how all of the reviews I've read for this foundation say the same pros & cons - and my review won't be much different. I picked up a sample at my Chanel counter of the shade Beige 40, a great match for my skintone. I'm anywhere from NC30-NC40 and I would say it's around NC37-NC40. I swatched it next to MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC40 and they are pretty similar in depth, but Studio Fix is much more yellow toned. Beige 40 is warm, but it lacks yellow. Despite the fact that yellow is a must in my foundations, this still works for me. I love the scent of this foundation, if you're familiar with Chanel products, many of them share the same scent (exactly like Chanel Bronze Universel/Soleil Tan De Chanel).. It's a light, refreshing scent - if you sniff hard enough (lol) you can detect the chemical smell that's covered up with fragrance. The consistency is very light and thin/runny. Some don't, but I do - call this foundation watery (but, slightly creamy). I use a standard foundation brush to apply this to my face, then I go over it with a duo-fibre brush to really work it in and make the finish seamless. It takes a minute or so to set before it looks its best. The coverage is on the lighter side of Medium & builds well. It doesn't cover up blemishes/scars 100%, so after I apply the foundation, I take my MAC 224 brush and swirl a little concealer on any spots that need extra coverage. The finish is really beautiful. It leaves my skin very radiant, and in between a dewy/satin. I find the outcome is a little similar to Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (but less coverage) or MUFE Face & Body (but more radiant/glowy). I'd say after a few hours, my skin gets quite dewy, and I'll need to dust some setting powder on my face. It lasts well throughout the day with minor wearing off (the tip of my nose wears off and a little bit around my lips). I'd say this is a good 6-8 hour foundation with a powder touch up in between. I like to mix it with Guerlain Parure Extreme (shade #3) for a little bit added coverage and they work lovely together, as the textures are similar.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by amikuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations. The texture is perfect in my opinion; it's quite thin but not watery/oily, making it super easy to blend. It creates a soft, matte finish that offers medium coverage (but is buildable) yet is natural looking. This foundation is also incredibly long-lasting. I wore it out one evening and came home too late (and drunk) to bother removing it, but when I woke up the next morning, my skin seriously looked the way it had when I left the day before (eyes were a different story). It might have been a fluke, but I haven't tried it again. Normally, foundation ends up feeling heavy on my skin after a couple of hours and makes my face look oily and my pores enlarged. But, not this foundation. I don't know how it does it but this product makes my skin looking matte all day while giving me the perfect amount of coverage.

The only reason I can't call this my HG foundation and give it 5 lippies is because of the color. My friends and I agree that Chanel foundations, in general, are a little off on their coloring. This one is no exception; the lightest color in this collection is too light and the second lightest is slightly too dark, making me a little dull. But, even though it's not absolutely perfect, this is still a fabulous product that I turn to for special occasions and will continue to do so until I find my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by julees70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This last winter has been awful and horrible with tons of snow and icy cold temps, and my usually normal-combo (more oily t-zone in the summertime, slightly dry cheeks in the winter) was suffering from extra dryness. This foundation was great for keeping my skin hydrated, gave me medium coverage, plus that dewy look that I prefer. I found that if I left it on too long (12+ hrs), it had a tendency to clog my pores - this isn't oil-free, so it definitely is not for oily skin, or even combo (unless it's wintertime). I'll switch to Vitalumiere Aqua when the weather warms up, as already it's a little too much for my t-zone. If you have dry-combo skin and like a dewy finish, give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by elizabetch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was shopping for a light - meduim cover foundation, and was interested in Chanel's products. I did not buy this and don't own it, so this review is based on me wearing it for a full day on half my face, with Vitalumiere Aqua on the other half. This foundation is beautiful and covers nicely without being cakey, but as mentioned by others, it's the shine factor that turned me off. I love a dewey look, but for my combo skin I just get too oily. Also, this got all over my cell phone when I held it to my ear for a 10min conversation, which leads me o believe I could have ruined a lot of white shirts wearing this! Not to say it isn't a lovely product, but just not for me. The colour matching for me was perfect, but I ended up buying the VL Aqua instead because I preferred the finish & the fact that it doesn't rub off easily.