September 20, 2014 | 1218 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Everyone has been saying these products are over hyped and I would definitely agree on that however I still like the one I have a lot. I have the lip butter in Creme Brulee. It's a light beige nude. Perfect for every day natural lips. This was the only color that I really liked, the others were just something I could get somewhere else or nothing I haven't seen before. Ordinary mauves, reds and pinks but I've been wanting a beige nude for a while and got this. The texture is nice, smooth and creamy but because they called it a lip butter I expected it to be more moisturizing than it was. The finish is the thing I like the most, it's so glossy! You don't need a gloss overtop of it cause it already has that on it's own. Very nice finish. The lasting power was pretty poor, lasted about 2 hours or less on me. I had to reapply it a lot and felt like I was wasting the product a bit. The pigmentation was what I expected, light pigmentation, can be layered for more color but it's not gonna give you a lot of color no matter what you do cause it's just not that type of lip product. If it was about lasting color it wouldn't have the name that it has. So i expected it to be pretty sheer. It cost me 6 dollars at target which is reasonable to me. All in all, I would repurchase THIS color again for sure but I don't plan on venturing out into other shades cause I wasn't nuts about the rest and even if I was I would have to reapply it a a thousand times a day which is kind of wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kind of overhyped to be honest with you. I love good pigmentation when it comes to lipsticks, but i found this just too sheer. it is a bit like a lip gloss in a bullet if you ask me. For the extremely steep price of 22AUD, i was severely disappointing, especially after reading the glowing reviews here. then again, it may just be my shades. (creme brulee and cremsicle)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought these because they were highly recommended by a number of beauty sites and bloggers, and there was a good deal at CVS, so I ended up four (including Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle). I've had them for over a year now, and I just don't find myself reaching for them at all - they have a slight gritty texture, maybe because of the shimmer in some of the shades, and they aren't as moisturizing as I'd like them to be. If the sheerer colors were more like lip balm, then I'd forgive their lack of color, but a colorless, dry lip product is just not worth it for me. I've tried a Maybelline Color Whisper since then and it glides on so smoothly, with no grit, and has actual color, so those are what I wanted the lip butters to be. Wouldn't buy again, wish I hadn't bought four of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

I bought a few of these during the whole hype with the youtube gurus and these lip butters just dont work for me. I really really want to like these but I have incredibly dry lips so it takes a lot of moisturize my lips. I'll usually use it over my vaseline lip balm and it'll be a little better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by kenze

I cannot fathom why this product has good reviews. I made an account just to express my frustration with this product. I got the color "cupcake" which looked pretty and opaque in the packaging; however, as soon as I swiped it on, I almost recoiled from the hilarious, 90s shimmer that was left on my lips, and then burst into laughter. What even is this? It literally looked nothing like it did in the package, and again, the shimmer...How can that much glittery crap not show up in the tube and then somehow explode on your lips? Not only that, but because it's so chapstick-y in consistency, it comes right off the second you take a drink, give a smooch, or use a fork. This one is going right back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I LOVE THESE.
They are absolutely fantastic. They double as a lip stick and a lip balm, and there are SO many lovely shades. My favourites are creamsicle, cotton candy and sugar frosting. One layer will give you a nice sheer tint. Two layers or more will build to a darker tint. They are moisturizing and don't feel heavy like lip stick can. They feel like you're wearing lip balm.
They are a MUST TRY.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by claricakes

I LOVE these lip butters so much! They're really smoothe, the texture is great and the color selection is pretty amazing! I don't find I have to reapply as often as a lipstick because it fades gradually and doesn't look super weird and crackly after a few hours... However I have to apply it more than a tinted lip balm because it isn't very hydrating but still pretty pigmented, so it's kinda an in-between of a lipstick and tinted lip balm... The pigmentation of the lip butter depends on which one you get. For example the candy apple is pretty pigmented as for the pink truffle is a little more sheer. The only thing about these that I'm not crazy about is the sparkle. I think all of them have a tiny bit of shimmer which I don't really like. For most of them the sparkle isn't very noticeable but in peach parfait, I think it's a little too much, but that's just my opinion... Overall, I really love these and will definitely buy more (including the new shades!) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by cjpramix

I love these!! I have this in Peach Parfait, Macaroon, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, & Strawberry Shortcake. :) The first 2 have some glitter on them, while the last 3 colors give me a creamy, smooth finish. They don't last too long though, I usually re apply after 4-5 hours, but that's no biggie for me. They don't feel heavy on the lips and there are several shades to choose from. :) Always moisturize with lip balm before you use these. I do that always and i dont have any problems with flaking. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by moonrider212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in this product especially after all the hype the product was getting. Everybody had said that it felt extremey moisturizing on the lips which is my biggest concern because my lips are always chapped and dry. I had bought this full price, so around $7 and was so sad when I had tried it out. There was no color payoff and it clung to every dry piece of skin that was on my lips and settled into all the fine lines. I really really do not recommend it especially if you have any amount of dryness in your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always have one in my purse.