L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Probably the worst mascara I've ever tried. I have short stick straight lashes, and this mascara did not hold my curl. Also I prefer natural looking mascaras that give lots of length and a little volume, this just gave me clumps. Sure it lengthens and volumizes and it might work for you if you are going for lots of drama and clumpy volume on your lashes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
And I was so excited to try this because I loved my imju fiberwig mascara, but maybe western brands haven't quite mastered the fiber mascara yet...=(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I only bought this product because i needed a new one asap, and it was bogo 50% off. I'm glad because these make my lashes look thick and long! I bought a regular and a waterproof one. The waterproof is awesome, stays put and doesnt run unlike other brands that claim waterproof. I def recommend this product for a cheaper mascara.

I really like this mascara and have been using it exclusively for about 3 months now. It gives great volume and lengthens pretty well. I have been through a lot of DS mascara's and this is the best Ive found! I have a problem with flaking and this mascara does not flake! You do have to make sure there is not too much product on the wand or you will end up with clumpy eyelashes. I only have to apply one coat to get long voluminous lashes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was just an okay mascara. I probably won't repurchase this again.

Pros:
Makes lashes look thicker due to fibers and thicker, drier formula.
Not too bad with clumping.

Cons:
Flakes, leaving residue under eye or in eye.
Lash brush is tapered, leaving one end bulky and I found it to be in the way and useless.
Does not lengthen and weighs lashes down.
Formula gets all around the outside of the tube for some reason, it squeezes out and clumps all around the opening.
Formula seems to dry out too fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought this mascara would be amazing on my already long and dark lashes, but I was disappointed. It's not a terrible product, it's just drier and more clumpy than I'd like. It didn't take much product before my lashes looked like they'd been caked with layers and layers of mascara. It didn't work for me, but my mom and sister love it, so I can't say it's awful, just not for me. Won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a wetter mascara than I'm used to. Combined with the messy brush, there is potential for goopiness. Other than that, I really liked it. A better brush would have made this a five. I liked that the color was actually black. A little of this product goes a long way, for daytime the lightest coat is sufficient. My lashes did look extra-long and there wasn't any flaking or smudging until I had been wearing it for more than 14 hours. Another thing I love about this mascara is that it actually washed off clean when I tried to remove it. I'd probably buy it again but by time I need a new one, I'm sure some new mascara that I want to try will be out.

Generally, this isn't a TERRIBLE mascara. I'm all about my mascara and have used everything from NYC & maybelline to Too Faced & MAC. The tapered brush makes it east to reach each lash, but the formula is very dry and heavy. Weighs down my long lashes within a couple hours and does clump a little. I can't say I would repurchase. There are much better options out there.

EDIT: This mascara caused me to get random hard pokey things in my eyes sometimes upon application & sometimes throughout the day. They hurt my eyes to the point that I couldn't open them and made my eyes water like crazy causing my other makeup to run. I guess it's the "fibers". It also flaked onto my cheeks causing me to look like I came straight from a NASCAR event. Instead of putting it into my makeup graveyard I actually just threw this product away. It was that bad. If I could rate it a "0" I would.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this on a whim at Walmart and I'm surprised how much I like it. I have tried numerous mascaras and always come back to Lancome Definicils but decided to try this. It makes my lashes look full and lush and stays on without flaking or smudging. Plus it is way cheaper than Definicils. I think Definicils has some competition in my makeup bag!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im a mascara junkie for sure. I love to try out every new mascara and im always on a hunt for a new favorite. I had gotten this free on a giveaway L'Oreal was doing on their facebook page when they released this mascara. I wasn't disappointed at all. It's definitely my new favorite. I don't think L'Oreal could come out with a bad mascara, almost everyone has been decent in it's on way. If your looking for a good drugstore brand mascara check out any L'Oreal mascara, you won't be disappointed. This mascara gave me very dramatic lashes which I loved. It was perfect for nights out because it really did make it look like I was wearing false lashes when I wasn't. I did find however that the tube did dry out pretty fast, and im not a big fan of the packaging. I find it hard to get a good "close" on the lid for some reason. Other then that I think it is good to have on hand for "special occasions" or nights out. For day to day it might be a tad dramatic for some, how ever I like the dramatic look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My mom originally bought it and it didn't work for her so she gave it to me to try. I actually really like it! I'm not particularly familiar with L'Oreal because I don't use their products as much as I do other brands, but I really loved how this mascara makes my lashes look!

I'm not particularly picky about mascara because most work for me as long as they don't have those awful plastic wands (ahem Covergirl Lash Blast). This mascara's want isn't my favorite because I find it harder to get the tinier lashes in my inner corner. But because of it's thicker part toward the handle of the wand I find my lashes get that very nice "fanned" effect, which I love!

I have it in brown (Not sure the name of the shade of brown but I think it might just be "brown" xD) and I find the formula to be a bit drier which I'm totally good with! I do not however believe it gives you a "false lash" effect, no mascara can do that. If you want that effect, use some false lashes!

I really like the gold outside and the really cool angular design of the outside, it doesn't roll off my table and smear mascara everywhere!!

So overall I do like this mascara! I don't think I would run back to repurchase it but I put "yes" because if I couldn't find another basic brown mascara I like as this one I will totally repurchase!

If you are hesitant about purchasing, Ulta has a great return policy for opened and used products!

Popular Mascaras