November 27, 2014 | 1400 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To me, L'oreal has some of the best mascaras out there. This, however, is not one of them. This fails for me in a few areas:
- the brush is messy, long and an odd shape that will not work universally for all eyes. Therefore you end up with smudging and product on your lid.
- the formula is mediocre, at best, I find better formula in the Jordana volume mascara and it's 1/3 the price
- it dries up really quickly for me. Now, I always have about 8-10 mascaras in rotation as it's my favorite makeup product and still, not using it daily, this mascara dried out 2xs faster than my Maybelline Falsies.

I was very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AListAsia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hated it. It was really wet and the brush was wierd. Literally took it out thepackage, put it on on eye, and then put it back in the package and returned it straight to Walgreens. Back to my Maybelline Falsies :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by merin44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In general its a great mascara, is it the best one I've ever used? No way. The gold tube is fun to look at. The product itself is okay. I coat it with another mascara for an over the top look. It does flake a little bit throughout the day but its really not a big deal, just swipe it off with a q-tip or tissue. I cant say it creates a false lashes look but everyone is different so maybe what doesn't work for me will work for you. The price is somewhat steep for the result you get but I'm a sucker for the gold tube so I'll probably be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst. It clumps and the brush is flimsy, not helpful at all. It did not add anything to my lashes, only made them look clumpy and too dark (I purchased black brown - no brown at all in this one). VERY DISAPPOINTED.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it. Gives volume and length. It wasn't a "wow!" mascara for me but its pretty good and I'm happy. I think its way better than Maybelline's version called Illegal Length mascara (with fibers). I think these fibers are more effective at adding length. The volume I got was decent as well; it was a pleasant surprise considering usually with mascara you get one or the other (volume or length). It doesn't irritate my eyes which is sometimes a problem with fiber mascaras. It doesn't seem to flake much either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by TressProfessional

After Reading all the Conflicting reviews I just HAD to try this mascara. And the verdict is i am very impressed. (I compare new mascara's to my HG Dior show blackout to determine if they are good or not)
The reviewer who mentioned it was dry was right on. Like when i first opened it i was shocked to see how dry it was. Literally it looked to be at the point where i know my other mascaras are finished.. But that is just the way this one is. It took several coats but this stuff builds well and dramatically lengthened and darkened my lashes. Only a tad thicker looking which is the look i prefer. Didn't notice any smell and didn't irritate my eyes at all during the day. As far as clumps go i noticed tiny ones and easily smoothed them out with the last coat of mascara. I liked that it held a curl well and that the formula was very dark. Also didn't smear or smudge on me.. Thank god!
I really like this stuff; and for $8 it might be my new HG. The only thing i am worried about is how long the mascara will last (like not get any drier) I'll have to edit this post when the mascara is finished.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by blackmagicwoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am constantly questing for the perfect mascara, and this is far from it! I would literally recommend probably any other kind. I would suggest the Rimmel Glam Eyes Lash Flirt (my favorite cheap mascara).

This makes your lashes clumpy, spiky, weirdly straight....just, not good. I can't wait for it to be gone so I can feel justified getting a new kind. I don't really care about having longer lashes,I just want curl and thickness (volume), and this does not deliver AT ALL.

And I was so intrigued by the packaging and false fibers...don't be seduced like me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Basically flaked,irrated,and just wasnt good. Did not give anywhere near false lashes for me. The only thing I did like was the bottle very classy looking wish the mascara was.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by alexandramcke

Normally i LOVE l'oreal mascaras, especially telescopic, so i thought i would try Voluminous False Fiber Lashes. ... Well first off, the handle is not tight on my mascara, i can hear it making this 'clicky' noise... While i apply mascara, i feel like the wand is going to just come apart.. The overall application, it goes on fairly wet, which makes my lashes clump together, which is not the look i am going for.. It makes me look like i have about 5 lashes.. I usually have to go in with another mascara to de clump and and fix the mess the Voluminous False Fiber Lashes has left my eye lashes in... I notice when dried it was very flakey and not flattering look with black specks all over my face. . I will NOT be purchasing this mascara again .. For the price i paid, it was NOT worth it at ... However, i must say , obviously everyone has different eye lashes so it may work well for you, but it certainly did not for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Missunlucky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the WORST mascara I have ever used! At first I thought I could love it but after a few weeks. My eyelashes were short and unhealthy! I was so disappointed. This 10 dollar mascara went right into the trash can. I got this on sale so I didn't spend the whole 12 dollars. I will never EVER use this mascara again and will never recommend it.