Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes

3.5

Aqua (Water) , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Cera Alba (Beeswax) , Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Carnauba Wax) , Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum) , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , PEG , PPG-17 , 18 Dimethicone , Steareth-20 , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Simethicone , Disodium EDTA , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Panthenol , May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) , CI 77007 (Ultramarines) , CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) , Mica , CI 75470 (Carmine) , CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) , CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) , CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) , CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 1/13/2013 12:41:00 PM

I've had this mascara for while, and for some reason when I was younger I was really obsessed with looking super natural so I bought this in brownish black because I'm very fair. Now I prefer black mascaras because I like more drama on my lashes, but I still use this mascara on days when I do just want a natural look (If I'm just running out of the house, if I'm snowboarding or going to dance classes), it is super easy to apply I just sweep it through my lashes once or twice and I don't even need to run a lash comb through it. I am going to purchase this in black and see if I can build up more volume and drama with it so I can wear it every day. I reccomend this product to make up beginners because its really easy and it doesn't take forever to get it off either but it wears well on my lashes.

I didn't like this one at all... The only thing that it is good for is coloring your eye lashes. it doesn't volumize or give you longer looking lashes.

on 12/28/2012 9:32:00 PM

I bought this at Walmart mostly because they ran out of everything else and I like it it adds volume and separates well and the color is very black.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara a couple of days ago & have only used it 2x. I have mixed feeings on this mascara. I was using CoverGirls EyeLights for brown eyes. I have been using that for the last 5 years, but I wear contacts and it was always flaking. So I decided to try this one, so far no flakes/clumps have broken off and gone into my eye. THat is a plus, I love how it just washes off when I use my facial cleanser (Clean and Clear). I'm not sure on the eyeliner that comes with it, that does streak. The brush on the mascara is very unique. It touches up the smallest eye last in corner of my eyes. I do have to lean my hand in a bit to get the smaller eyelashes, but not that bad. If you apply it again after the dried first coat it does clump the lashes together and give that spidery look. So if you dont want that look, don't wait for the first coat to dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been testing out a few drugstore brands on the hunt for the best one at the lowest proce (bc I don't think you have to pay a lot for mascara), and this unfortunately came up very short of the mark.

First off, the brush is just weird and very hard to use unless you are ambidextrous. I can do my right eye ok, but the brush is so sharply tapered on the end that you have to really stretch into a pretzel to get the left eye. Then, if you can even get the product onto both lashes, it stays wet FOREVER, and smudges all over the lid. If that wasn't enough to turn you off yet, the final blow is that you can never really separate your lashes even with the best lash comb, and it flakes all over the place when you try so you end up with spidery, flaky, wet lashes for at least 10 minutes until their dry enough to try the comb again.

Definitely don't recommend.

Better choice, and so far the winner in my search, is CoverGirl Professional mascara. Holds the curl, lengthens lashes, lasts a long time even though its not waterproof, flakes only a tiny bit with lots of combing, and doesn't clump but builds nice volume.

on 12/19/2012 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this mascara! Cheap yet effective! This, in Blackest Black, is my goto mascara when I don't have the cash to shell out for Lancome's Hypnose Star.

on 12/14/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this mascara, and it was 5 bucks at Walmart! For drama, I think MAC is better, but this gives gorgeous, dark separated lashes for everyday.

i am absolutely in love with this product, it gives my lashes the perfect amount of length and volume i need and i don't have a problem with clumping with this mascara. the brush applicator is such a unique shape and its great for getting every lash covered with mascara. if you are a person who likes dryer mascaras this product is great for you, but if you like wetter mascaras i would suggest trying something else.

on 11/28/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product a lot, and with this being my first mascara, there's not much I can go by and I really have nothing to compare this too. But, I know that this makes my eyelashes very dramatic and dark, and also lengthens them quite nicely, but I see other girls' lashes, and I find that this mascara doesn't achieve the fluffy, voluminous, and long lashes that I want. It also clumps my lashes together, which gives a bit of a spider-lash effect I'm not fond of. I love the brush and packaging, and I think it's cute, but I will continue trying other mascaras on the market.

on 11/28/2012 4:57:00 PM

I have always wanted to like Great Lash, because of its insane popularity and cute pink and green tube, but I always hated it. I wanted to try Baby Lips and Wal Mart had a pack with this mascara in Very Black and a tube of the balm for $5, so I picked it up. Ironically, I ended up disliking the balm and loving this mascara! The brush is perfect for my eye shape and the formula makes my lashes look great! I love this and will be buying again - finally the iconic tube lives in my makeup case!