September 3, 2014 | 1337 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

ehhh... pretty decent mascara. nothing dramatic. its does darken and add some volume and length. doesnt hold a curl. smudges easily. its really annoying wiping the smudges under my eyes. no smell and is easy to wash off. the brush is small and coned shape. i dont regret buying it because ive been wanting to try it but WONT repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm with the previous reviewer on this. The formula is good, but the brush only compliments my right eye. It doesn't help that my lashes on my left eye are much shorter and denser than my right eye. It's a good mascara but it doesn't work for me all-around.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

Since I'm right handed, the tapered brush only works nice on my right eye. even if I reverse my hand to my left eye to comb through my lashes where the brush tip is, it still doesnt make my lashes look nice and neat. It gets clumpy after more than 2 coats.I like spider lashes for fall so I will keep it handy for that sole purpose. I love the classic packaging and the shape of the brush, but it doesn't do it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by artemismoonfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this mascara. I'm not big on volume - I want length, with lovely, separated lashes that don't end up clumping together and looking like spider legs. THIS MASCARA DELIVERS! I love the little brush, I just wish the pointed end of the brush had slightly longer spikes so I could REALLY catch those long lashes in the outer corners. My lashes were so long, black, separated and gorgeous it looked like I was wearing falsies and had a million lashes. It was wonderful. This mascara also builds nicely, too, so if you wiggle the brush at the base of the lashes, you get a little more volume and oomph there. I give this mascara only a 4 because there's no waterproof alternative - I wear contacts, and MUST have a waterproof mascara. With this one, if the humidity's high or it rains or you get something in your eye and it waters, bye-bye mascara. If it were waterproof, this would be Holy Grail mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

This has a really unique brush, it's tiny and catches every lash, so I use it on my lower lashes and the baby lashes i have on the inner corner of my top lashes. It's adorable, and effective. However, it doesn't give me volume or length, so I never would use it alone on my top lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really surprised by this. I got the original Great Lash a few years back as a gift and absolutely HATED it. The formula was too wet and the brush was horrible. But when I bought this out of curiosity because the wand reminded me of Lancomes Doll Eyes Mascara, I immediately loved it! I think this mascara will suit those girls who love to do their lashes meticulously, meaning those who REALLY like getting their wand into the inner and outer corners to coat each lash with a few good swipes and not those who like to hold their wands still and apply their mascaras with one go (which I find doing more with mascara wands made out of big brushes like Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black or Cover Girl Lashblast. This wand is tapered allowing you to maneuver it around and yet do your eye quickly. I also found the formula a lot less wet (just like your regular mascara) and layering this was easy as each layer dried quickly so your lashes get more volume easily. This is definitely a good mascara and I'm already made up my mind to head back to buy more backups. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought Maybelline's Full n' Soft was the best mascara I'd ever use but it's been sitting at the bottom of my bathroom cabinet for months now that I have Great Lash (Lots of Lashes). This is an amazing mascara that gives me long, full, blackest black lashes! My bottom lashes have never looked so long with any other mascara. This stays on forever too and won't smudge easily. It's also dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by anonymousse

Absolutely fantastic mascara! Works so well to separate my lashes without being spidery. My natural lashes are downward slanting and average length, nothing impressive but when I add this mascara I get asked if I'm wearing falsies or not. I don't even need an eyelash curler with this mascara. The formula is so good it makes your lashes stick to whatever shape your giving them. So whenever I slant this mascara upward while applying, it stays like that until I take it off. Favorite mascara ever. I uploaded a before after of this amazing product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

I didn't have such a good time with this mascara. It is clumpy and sticky and I have the worst experience while trying to de-clump my lashes. The applicator is not very helpful either. For a price of 6 CAD it wasn't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this mascara doesn't have a higher rating :(
I tried this on a total whim close to 3yrs ago because I liked the way the little brush looked. I didn't expect much because I remembered my experience with the Original Great Lash, and it wasn't a good one.. The Original Great Lash is ALWAYS talked about in fashion mags but I've never seen what all the hype is..
ANYWAY, this was only $4-5 USD so I grabbed it, my initial reaction was WOW! I couldn't believe how well the little brush grabs all of my lashes and one coat gets a very natural look, but you can apply several coats & get a much more dramatic look. It also has nice staying power & doesn't smudge like crazy (the way you do L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminious!!!)
I've since repurchased maybe 5-6x? I currently own the "blackest black" shade as well as "brownish black" & still wear them regularly. I love brownish black for "no makeup days" because it's almost the identical color of my natural lashes & one coat gives such an enhanced lash look without any clumpies.
I've also found that I love this mascara as like a primer/base coat for other mascaras on more dramatic lash days. One coat of this followed by one coat of CG Lash Perfection, followed by one coat of Jordana Best Lash Extreme (sounds like overkill, I know :D) -gives VA VA VOOM lashes!!
So if you are like me & tried the original great lash, disliked it & think that you'll dislike this as well, you just might love it! ;D
I haven't yet compared the ingredient list on the packaging between this & the original to see if they're the same ingredients, but I imagine that they are or Maybelline would have given this a different name, right? It's just that little brush that makes all the difference!